Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

Candle meets Decay [Discord Log]

Moonie

Veteran
D
Hmm what possible trouble could Jack cause today? Alas no one had called his name so no direct excuse to bug someone. Jack would find one though to be sure! Jack lurked around corners and snickered a bit as he kicked a hoof to a store keeper's stall effectively dumping a pie on to some pone's head. It may not be Halloween anymore for other pones but it was still in Jack's heart every day of every year. But dumping a pie was child's play he needed something bigger something better but what? Would setting the market on fire be too much? It was not off the table yet, that was for sure. He flicked his hair and huffed at ponies and their hustle and bustle of the day. They were all so boring really!

Sepsis wasn't much for leaving his home. This Alicorns power was not one that was often wanted around. To Sepsis' dismay he had to be around others. He needed to eat too. With a sigh he followed a familiar path from his home to a local market. They knew him well enough to leave him be. His ears flicked at all the usually rabble of the market. He was listening in for specific voices. He often bumped into crates and smaller ponies, fortunately his disposition left the others unquestioning his sense of sight. To be honest, it was rather obvious this Alicorn was blind. Once he found the stall he was looking for he was greeted with the always bubbly keeper. "I have your stuff right here! It's always a pleasure to se ya, darlin'" If he had eyes they would roll. Despite not caring for the cheery disposition of the other he nodded gratefully and took up the basket full of goods with his tail and turned to what he thought was home.

Jack was eyeing a few ponies to bother when something caught his eye. A pony unlike any he had ever seen before his ears flicked forwards in curiosity. He huffed a bit of smoke coming from his mouth till he smirked a little. He was fascinated with this new pony, so now he knew what to do with his time. Jack pranced off after the figure and trotted up beside the interesting alicorn. They were likely a sight to see between the height of the awakened and the decaying alicorn walking through the market. He noticed the pony was blind maybe he could use that to his advantage. "Hey there whoa there, you might want to be more careful where you are walking friend." Jack said with a slight giggle undertone in his voice. "You're headed a dangerous direction with many holes you might trip in." There of course were no holes in the direction Sepsis was headed.

The head of the Alicorn turned and 'looked' towards the voice. "Holes?" Were they doing repairs on the roads? His head turned forward and he tried to remember what was there. He could always fly over the holes but would surely get turned around. The warning voice was new to him. He had a clear look of disdain on his face, more for the news of hazards in his way. He took a few slow and awkward steps forward. Each step searched for holes. This would take forever. He grumbled swears under his breath and his tail flicked. "I'll go around." He turned the other way but with him already being stressed about not being home, his layout of the town was slipping his mind. He walked a bit and heard the bubbly stall keeper again. Circles... thats all he was walking.

"Yep tons of them." Jack smirked. He then suppressed a laugh when Sepsis started to swear and walk in a circle. He couldn't hold it for very long and then as it went on Jack frowned a bit. Some how this wasn't as funny anymore as more time and confusion happened. Jack wrinkled his nose a bit why wasn't this funny anymore. Was it because this alicorn seemed different from others some how. "Eh I have a feeling you're a little lost aren't cha?" Jack huffed moving to line up with Sepsis again. Wait was Jack thinking of helping this pony, that would be weird, and yet it might be what was happening.

"Lost would be a fitting word." He smelled something sweet coming from his basket. It smelled of apples and cinnamon. "I can offer an Apple pie if you would be willing to guide me to where I need to be." He didn't care much for sweets, it left him jittery. Which was odd since he loved coffee. "If you can get me to the edge of the woods I can get the rest of the way myself. You can see where I was once we get off the main path." His domain gave him a power that left a trail of death where ever he went, fortunately his hoof prints only left the nearby plants and insects dead.

Jack twitched his ears he was not sure what he wanted to do here, but then the alicorn made it much easier on him. Jack gave a happy hop at the idea of sweets he loved sweets! "Yes, Yes I will do that for apple pie!!!" Jack said with excitement. "Consider yourself lucky to be the first patron to Candle Jack's pie premium tour guides!!" Jack shouted. "Step right up, right this way, just start heading strait. On your left you will see holes in the ground and some local shops.....did I say see I meant smell!!" Jack laughed and stepped a bit forwards to start leading Sepsis.

Sepsis head tilted at the shift of excitement in the other. He did as told and did at least humor the other. "As yes, the local shops do look nice this time of year." He did have a bit of a sly smile on his face. "It's good to support local tour guides." A rumble of a chuckle rumbled in his chest. He usually found humor in others trying to compensate for his lack of sight. He didn't mind though. "I'll have to keep 'Candle Jack's Pie Premium Tour Guides' in mind the next time I'm in town. Fair prices for a premium tour. Five out of five stars."

"Eh...honestly they look stupid with green stuff on them, and red bows....Tsk" Jack scoffed he preferred Halloween decorations. "Yes always support your local sweet loving Jack, forget all other tour guides though local or otherwise." He laughed a bit with a flick of his tail. "I love sweets so its pretty easy to get a favor out of me for one." Jack laughed. "Five out of what now? I want pie or pies not stars." Jack laughed again he laughed a lot. "WATCH OUT HOLE STEP RIGHT!" Jack nudged Sepsis a bit and smirked there was no hole but he could make Sepsis think there was. That touch was probably the first time Jack really felt some of Sepsis's power on a more significant level. Jack frowned a little but dismissed it from his mind quickly there was a pie at stake here! "So I've never seen you around before, also what do I call you?" Jack asked looking to Sepsis realizing he didn't know the alicorn's name yet.

"Yes, Too much and it becomes rather tacky... Orange and Black is where its at." Not like he knew what they really looked like but he knew it was associated with Halloween. The time of year he haunted the forest more and scared the little foals that though playing in them was a good idea. "Fine. Five out Five P-" Then Jack nudged him and it rather startled him making his wings unfurl and almost trip over his own hooves. After pausing to recover he grumbled to himself. "Who needs holes when your own legs are hazardous." He looked to his left hoping that's where the other was to give a small smile to show he wasn't angry at him, it was his own stupid fault for being so jumpy. "Sepsis and I'm assuming you are Jack?"

Jack tilted his head curiously wondering if the alicorn had seen in the past and knew colors or if he was just pulling Jack's leg on colors. "Orange and black huh?" Jack laughed. "Those are my colors too, quite literally my fur is black and my hair orange. Jack frowned a bit as Sepsis tripped over his own hooves he only meant to startle him not make him fall completely. "Hey my fault I guess should have warned you sooner..." It was odd for Jack to carry on a conversation with someone for this long. He would normally have done a prank and left, but he had to stay for the pie. Then again this Sepsis was interesting so it made getting the pie easier. "Yes Candle Jack is my name! Causing mischief is normally my game but I'm considering pie tours as a new possible vocation." Jack laughed.

He let out a hardy laugh. "If your tours are as good as your mischief making then you must a rather devious one." He made a mental note on Jack's description. He was really the first who even offered a description to what they looked like. He really just pictured a black pony with fiery red hair that glowed. Even from the brief contact he could feel extra warmth from the other, and they were taller than most. "Are you one of the miscreants that likes to send foals to my home?" He had a smirk on his face. He didn't mind any wild rumors that came out of a frightened foal. It usually kept his home free from visitors.

"I think my mischief is rather on another level from my tour guiding, I'm new to being a guide." Jack laughed. "You're home? Maybe if its a scary place I often will trick foals or any pony really into heading towards it." Jack confessed before looking forwards they were almost to the forest which would mean the end of the tour. Well Jack could get back to what ever he was doing before one pie richer and yet he wasn't sure he really wanted to leave the company of this interesting pony just yet. "Well we are almost to the forest line...,but for such a pie shouldn't I really see you all the way home?" Jack asked. "Besides.....I confess there never were any holes......" Jack flattened his ears a bit. "Like I said I like causing mischief...." He laughed but hoped Sepsis wouldn't be too mad about it.

"Depends on what you call scary. If you insist on going all the way I'll throw in an extra treat I know you'll enjoy." He laughed. "So I was right, you are rather a miscreant." He's head swiveled back to the direction they cam from. "Maybe I won't add that tip." Though he was an Alicorn of his word. He stopped and dug the pie from his basket and offered it to the other. "One Apple Pie for a grand hole-free tour." He was sure there were bystanders that had several questions about why the Alicorn was walking they way he was back there, but they were going to be left questioning it for quite a while.

"Well I don't find much scary, but I have had a pony tell me I look scary...." Jack shrugged his shoulders though Sepsis wouldn't see that. "I mean...I don't have to, I mean if you want go a lone I'm not going to stop you, but I mean...I can come." Jack tsked like he didn't want to go but it was not hard to tell that Jack probably wanted to walk with Sepsis some more. "Yeah its kinda my thing to be one....."Jack dropped his ears of the mention of no tip. "But sweet treats, I suppose its fair though....did kinda charge ya for nothing." He whimpered. Sepsis pranced seeing the pie sparks came from him in the excitement and Sepsis would be able to feel the heat even if it didn't burn the other pony. "Pie!!" Jack set the pie down and started eating it right there and then. With a full mouth he spoke again. "Ya know...mmm...maybe.....I could still help you get home ya know.....mmm this is good!"

Jack really must have been a candle because as soon as the pie came out he felt a warmth radiate from him. "How about this. You finish the walk and I'll give it to you." He could hear a sense of hesitation in the other and if Sepsis was being honest with himself, it was nice to have some rather enjoyable company. He chuckled as the other dug into the pie, unaware of the shrapnel that hit him. "I'll have to let that shop keep know at least someone likes her pie. I often end up throwing them out."

"Deal!" Jack agreed rather to quickly. Honestly Sepsis had fed Jack at this point he was gonna follow him like a lost puppy with hopes that there was another treat to be had. The sound of the pie tin scraping across the ground was heard as Jack licked the pie tin across the ground trying to get every last crumb. "Throwing away pie? That's just .....a horrible thing to do!" Jack whimpered. "I'm not sure we can be friends if that keeps up, how about you just throw your pies to me from now on?" Jack laughed. "Causing trouble doesn't pay much you know so I can't always buy a pie, but if you have pies that need throwing Ill do the catchin!" Jack laughed then then licked his lips trying to make sure there wasnt any pie left on himself.

"You must remember that I am the Alicorn of Decay... things just happen to go bad at a faster rate around me." It was a sad truth. It was also why Sepsis frequented the marketplace. "Whenever I get a pie it'll be yours. I never cared for them anyway. Too sweet." Since Sepsis knew exactly where he was he lead the way. He had walked this path several times before and easily weaved around the trees. The deeper they went they grayer it got. Soon the trees were bare of their leaves and a cabin sat in a sad clearing. The grass and plants around were shrived to nothing and nothing new grew. "Home sweet home." He kept walking and stopped at the porch. It was rather larger with a covered area to sit. "Wait here." He stepped inside for a bit and returned with a pillowcase of Halloween candy. "I might have more where that came from." He handed it to Jack and took a seat on one of couches. "Will you be ok getting home?" Sepsis may not have been then nicest guy but he had formed a soft spot for Jack.

Oh so that's what Jack had felt when he had bumped into the alicorn earlier. "Too sweet? That word is foreign to me." Jack laughed. He chose not to ask more questions even though he had them. He had never met an alicorn before and he wondered how it was different to have an domain. Jack was awakened but didn't as such have a domain just powers and they were kind of odd powers at that. As they walked the place became a little familiar to him yep he had sent kids this way before but had no idea Sepsis lived in this area. "Yeah....I might have sent ponies this way...sorry about that..." Jack admitted. Jack frowned a little seeing they had reached the cabin that was a rather short walk and he was kind of enjoying the company of another for once. That and Sepsis not being able to see Jack felt free to let his emotions touch his face. He flattened his ears looking to the cabin and stepped onto the porch when Sepsis did. "Ok.." Jack replied and waited there. "Woah Jack pot for Jack!!! Thank you!!" Jack put the back down and munched for a moment, nope he didn't remove the wrappers no time for that. "More?! Oh man you have so many sweets for someone who doesn't like them!" Jack laughed. At that question Jack frowned and pinned his ears. "Yeah I'll be fine! I can see holes in the road and everything." Jack teased plus it was easy to get home when you didn't have one. "Well I'll leave ya be, Thank you for all the sweets. Maybe I will come to take some more sweets off your hooves some time again soon." Jack nodded. "Night Sepsis." Jack grabbed up his bag of candy and went to seek out some shelter for the night. Which he found in a hollowed out large tree trunk. What a good day, new friend, sweet food , and a side of mischief!!

Total: 2819

Last edited: