Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Expedition] Trip to the grasslands

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Wren hefted up her bag and was a bit disappointed in herself on her last expedition out she was sure she had found that the weedle were exploding but it seemed that was just her trip out and more others had see more lefmew or other types of pokemon. So she was a bit embarrassed and hoped this expedition would be better. As always she was bringing out Tanaka and Tea Leaf so they could burn off a bit of energy. She had signed up to head out with someone else who she actually didn’t know but it was a goodness gracious better then going alone. She adjusted her tag and looked around for the one she was going to be headed out with. “Hello!” She waved at someone else who seemed to be coming to the gate. “Yoshida?” Ah crap what was their first name? She was blanking out already. “Ta-kato Yoshida?” That was not right she was sure but it was too late to turn back now. Honestly she wasn’t even sure she had the right person and was really hoping that it wouldn’t be her future expedition partner so she could turn around and pretend none of this ever happened. Well that was a hope anyway it would soon be known if that was dashed or not.. And if it was she really hoped they were a chill person and not a jerk. The sooner she headed out the sooner she could use nature to distract herself and others from her social ineptitude. She took a quick glance at the doors behind her she would soon head out and wished she could will them open with her mind.

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Takuto had gotten up early and pumped up his pokemon for a trip out into the wilderness of Nauwill. Triteia, his beautiful pink Totodile, beamed at him before running off and away from Damaris, his very funny Pikachu, who was attempting to bother her. Little sweet Akamas, his Eevee, was the only one who was just hanging out closest to him. The red headed male was happy to be leaving with someone else. Not that he couldn't go out by himself, he just didn't feel comfortable yet in this new place to do that just yet. He really should put them back into their balls but he didn't have the heart to do it at the moment.

His attention drifted to who had called for him. "Takuto Yoshida at your service." He gave a small bow, "Wren Taurëore I take it?" He gave her a smile, "Sorry if my pokemon are a bit crazy. Triteia, Damaris, cool it." The Totodile and the Pikachu stopped and tilted their heads. He could almost see the wheels turning in their heads. "Pleasure to meet you." He was trying his best to not fall apart right at the door since he was very nervous about the expedition. He tugged at the green jacket he wore and shifted his weight around. "I'm ready whenever you are." Tugging a thumb in the direction of the gate that would leave them out of this area towards the new area he had never been to. "I'll follow your lead."

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Ah what a nice guy! Nodding briskly to the name she smiled at him. She liked the fact that his Pokémon seemed cute as well. “All good. I have a few crazy little ones myself.” Turning she waved her hand heading to the gate to get out and get going. He seemed quite put together which was nice. She honestly wasn’t all that trusting but she knew her partners would help keep her safe out in the wilderness and in the area they were in it wouldn’t be too scary. “I have an Eevee, Tea Leaf. Totodile, Tanaka and Shroomish, Foxfire. If you want I can pull them all out to meet your Pokémon if you want. Just let me know.” She tapped her pokeballs at her waist. If it was just her she would have let her Pokémon run around and cause all kinds of mayhem but since she was with someone else she figured she would keep the chaos to a minimum. Pulling out a pokeball she brought out Tea Leaf so she had someone ready right away. The Eevee darted up to her and immediately headbutted her playfully. “I really like this area since it looks like an ocean of grass in the right light.” The comment was more for herself looking over the grasslands with it’s sparse trees dotting here and there. “OH!” She turned to look at Takuto surprisingly serious. “Just so you know I had a Sentret try and steal my coffee out here just the other day, so you might want to be careful with food or drink. The last you want is to fill out an incident report form for something like that.” She shrugged thinking how she had to chase down the cup as she didn’t want to fill out paperwork or face a reprimand for littering or risking contaminating a research field. That would be an unholy nightmare!

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
"They are all good Pokemon, but sometimes.... Especially Triteia. She likes to nip. I would love for them to meet some others though." He admitted to Wren. Once they were acclimated with one another then he may put them back into their balls, or maybe keep one of them out. He wasn't entirely sure yet, just like with most things that he did, he was never fully sure. It was the beauty of the place that made him stop. He was scared of this? Well maybe it looked peaceful but Pokemon could be unpredictable.

Takuto did have to laugh at the fact that a Sentret tried to steal her coffee. "That would definitely not be something I would like to put into a report. This place is beautiful. I can't wait to see the other area we can explore at." He gave her a smile and stepped forward, his little entourage sticking close and watching everything. "I really hope we don't run into any Bug types..." He shivered at the thought.

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d10 2 2
The screen flashes and exciting music plays...
Current Word Count: 1,021
Total GEs Earned: 4
GEs Already Used: 0

2A luscious patch of grass holds a sudden drop into a steep drop! Roll DEX + INS to avoid danger.Trainer Danger2

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 5 1 5 3 6 20
Seeing as it doesn't say all we are assuming only one had to roll and wren is next in turn order so rolling
Dex 2 +ins 3= 5 need 2 success to avoid damage or Wren will loose one Vit

5,5,6 success! Wren does not take damage!

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Huh. Tanaka had a habit of nibbling on everything as well. Maybe it was a totodile trait to all be little chainsaws? "Right. It was not fun to hunt that coffee cup down. Still I managed to find it." Small blessings for that. Wren didn't quite catch what Takuto had said so she looked over to ask him what he had said and that was her mistake. The world shifted out from under her and she dropped as a leg disappeared into a large hole that had been covered perfectly by the grass! "EEK!" Thankfully she managed not to hurt herself as she skidded a bit on the landing. The drop wasn't overly deep but it was certainly enough that she could have twisted her ankle had she not been careful. Well crap. She hadn't seen this the last time she had come out. perhaps a Pokémon had been trying to dig a new den. "Shoot that scared me. Sorry about that. I don't remember there being a pit trap here on my last outing." She took a breath and pulled her leg out making sure she didn't scrap it on anything. Tea Leaf was far more interested in the other Pokémon then it's trainer's cry of panic. Though it did scamper over to investigate the hole. "Looks like a Pokémon was tying to burrow our here. Lets keep going before it comes back home." She didn't want to just blame a Sentret but part of he mind when to thinking it was one of them making a new den. Dusting off her leg she stood up and gestured to keep going. pulling a small pad of paper out she jotted down a quick note about the hole and gave a rough estimate of the distance from the gate. Even if it wasn't exact if they found more or there were other issues the facility team could do something about it. At least if the burrowing got to close to the settlement. Picking up Tea Leaf she moved to keep going before her little impish Eevee decided to start burrowing as she knew that Tea Leaf would do that and more. "Watch your footing ok?"

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d10 8 8
Current Word Count: 1,386
Total GEs Earned: 5
GEs Already Used: 1

8Whoops! You've startled a nest of baby pokémon, and their parents aren't happy about it!Wild Battle3

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 2 4 5 5 6 1 23
Triteia go! Using STR + VIT. Need 3 Successes.

4, 5, 5, 6 Four Successes.

Last edited:

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 3 4 4 6 3 6 3 4 3 36
Rolling to try and catch in a research ball.

4 ,4, 6, 6, 4 Five successes.

Last edited:

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Well that was certainly not expected as he watched Wren take a tumble into a hole. She had startled him and he had jumped quite a bit from the yelp, but he did attempt to try and help her get out. "That scared me just as bad as it scared you I think." His eyes darting around as he surveyed the area. Well at least no one got hurt. However, just as Wren was picking up Tea Leaf that's when the Sentret came out of the hole. "Well I think we found the culprit!" Takuto cried out, "Triteia, you're up! Show that Sentret whose the boss around here."

The pink Totodile was instantly ready and already charging at the Sentret. "Use Bite!" In a swift motion, Triteia was upon the Sentret and they tumbled together. Flailing limbs as the wild Sentret tried to tackle Triteia, who dodged and then bit down again when Takuto yelled for the attack again. "Time to catch it." A glint in Takuto's eyes as he tossed the research ball out. He watched it quake, once, twice, a third time, and then with a click the wild Sentret lay still within the ball.

"Well then. That was an experience..." He breathed. "Everyone okay?" Triteia making many happy Totodile noises as they returned to their friends. Akamas and Damaris dancing around her.

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Wren was shocked when that sentert came at them. She was pretty sure that he had found the culprit who dug the hole and who knows maybe it was the coffee their too. Only time would tell. “Nicely done.” She clapped seeing the catch though it was a bit awkward with Tea Leaf in her arms. “Yes an experience indeed. That’s exploring after all.” She looked over his team. “They look right as rain. Thanks for your help earlier.” She was relatively self sufficient for trips outdoors but it was nice to have someone else with her. Perhaps she should go out with others more often. “I bet the research folks will be glad for all the help too.” Still where there was one sentrert there was twelve. So they should get a move on things sooner rather then later. “Lets get going before we find the whole family.” She kept a warry eye out for more holes as she was going. Still it was better then when she was finding N. Weedle left and right. “Oh that’s right. I didn’t quite catch what you said before I fell victim to the sentert who was trying to burrow to the center of the world.” She hoped it wasn’t something super important that had been something like a warning about the hole. Tea Leaf was sniffing excitedly and wagging her tail while looking at the other Pokémon. She seemed to want to play so she let Tea Leaf down who immediately ran up to the pink totodile and headbutted it softly.

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d10 2 2
Current Word Count: 1902
Total GEs Earned: 7
GEs Already Used: 2

2A luscious patch of grass holds a sudden drop into a steep drop! Roll DEX + INS to avoid danger.Trainer Danger2

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 6 1 1 5 4 17
Wren is tacking on the death pit part 2 (because it's funny and i'm mean to my characters)

Dex 2 +ins 3= 5 need 2 success to avoid damage or Wren will loose one Vit

4,5,6 success! Wren does not take damage!

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Wren stumbled into a hole once more this time it was less surprising as she had the encounter earlier. She still let out a surprised cry but it was more annoyed then scared. Cursing softly she was sure she had avoided a suspicious patch just to find another. Thankfully she managed not to get hurt. “Seriously I knew that many Pokémon dens would have multiple exits but this is just so close to the gate. I know the researchers don’t want to tamper with the environment but we really might have to fill some of these in or trainers are going to break a leg. Or at least twist an ankle.” She was glad she hadn’t been carrying Tea Leaf or she likely would have dropped her while trying to prevent an injury. Dusting off her pants she pulled out her notebook to make another quick note.

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Takuto watched at Wren stumbled into yet another hole. It seemed she was gaining a knack for finding such burrows, he bit down the laugh that threatened to spill from his lips and instead went over to her and checked her over. "You alright?" He asked, there was concern on his face for a fellow trainer and hopefully a soon friend. "I feel like we are in a danger zone." He chuckled, watching his three pokemon carefully to make sure they didn't stumble into anything else. Eyes forward he continued onward, hoping to avoid any other issues.

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d10 1 1
Current Word Count: 2146
Total GEs Earned: 8
GEs Already Used: 3

1You find a cache of sun-warmed berries, ripe and ready to enjoy. All pokémon can recover 1 VIT.Heal

Last edited:

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Yeah. Despite my best efforts to become part of the expedition zone I’m still pretty much intact.” She laughed glad she was with someone who was nice. “Danger zone for pit falls for sure. Thankfully we didn’t run into the whole family yet but we will need to make sure our Pokémon don’t get sucked into one of the holes.” And here she had been tempted to let her cute little Tanaka out but he would dive head first into the holes for sure.