Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Kitsusagi Realms

Festival of Kindling - A Holiday Masquerade (Final Prompt!)

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
As the year draws to a close, Kitsu everywhere are running about, excited about the traditional Festival of Kindling. During this Festival, masquerades are held throughout the Realms, from the opulence of Centre City to the deep hollows of forests and even the caves beneath the deserts. Kitsusagi don costumes and masks based on any number of themes and gather together in great halls, groves, barns, and anywhere else that can hold large numbers. The spaces are decorated with lights, evergreen branches, berries, and other hallmarks of the season. Good food and drink is served, whether its donated by those in the community or made to order from shops in the cities.

The Festival is held on the Winter Solstice, also known as the Longest Night, and usually lasts all night long and sometimes for hours after dawn. Kits are allowed to attend, but most are sent home to bed before too late - though of course some attempt to stay up all night anyway. The main highlight of the Festival comes just before sunrise, when several Kitsusagi act out a traditional play of sorts. One Kitsu will represent the dying year, with a mask and costume of a darker theme. Another Kitsu represents the new year, in bright sun-themed colors. In larger towns and cities, the two main players might be accompanied by attendants in similar-themed masks and costumes but this is not always the case. Sometimes the play is even performed by companies of Bards and include scenery and magical effects and lighting.

This year, we follow the Festival of Gatekeeper's Grove, a not so small town located on the central plains of Athas that still retains a small town "feel". Most everyone knows everyone else, and all the residents are looking forward to this year's party. Food has been bought or donated, the town hall has been decorated and the day of the Festival is approaching fast.

------------------

This meta story/cyoa will consist of several short little story bits with a small prompt for each one that you will need to reply to. Some prompts may include a choice to be made between two paths! The RP responses do not have to be long at all so don't feel intimidated! It's completely fine to just reply with a sentence or two. You'll have some time to reply to each prompt, usually at least 24 hours, maybe more. Feel free to RP among yourselves in between prompts if wanted!

Some prompts or choices will enter you to win a prize for that prompt/choice as well as getting you one ticket for the final two prizes of the story! Prizes will be revealed as the story progresses. Since these are surprises, you may choose to pass on a prize if you decide you do not want it. The prize will then be re-rolled.

Also, you may only win one prize related to a prompt or choice - so after you win one, you may still play for the final prizes (as these can be won by anyone!) but you will be taken out of the list for the other prompt/choice prizes.

------------------

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
Rules
  • Please follow all shop rules
  • This is an RP event, so please try your best to RP! Posts do not have to be super long, but try to do more than a sentence or two
  • Please try to keep up with the main events going on, and have your Kitsu reacting to them, even if they are RPing sort of privately with another Kitsu at the time. I'll do my best not to have events move too quickly so that everyone can keep up
  • Watch for posts from this mule, as those will contain the mentioned main events, as well as any Kitsusagi prizes, and how to win them
  • Yes! There will be prizes scattered throughout the Festival RP. It's a little bit like a "choose your own adventure" but there may be different things to do to win each prize
  • You are free to pass on a prize if you wish
  • More may be added

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
As you approach the doors of the hall where the Festival is to be held, you see other Kitsu going in ahead of you, everyone in costumes and masks - some more elaborate than others. Most seem to be entering with friends, or loved ones. There are families, couples, and groups milling about outside and you can see more just inside the doors.

Prompt 1:
What does your costume and mask look like? Describe it to me!

((You will have until 1/4/2020 @ 1:30pm CST to reply to this prompt - just a little over 48 hours. Feel free to also RP among yourselves in this time as well!!))

Seimei

Grizzled Veteran
D
Cassandra has gussied up with white drapery and golden jewelry. Her mask is golden with white feathers and clear glass stones.

Amber and Hamoon follow behind her. Amber in a nice mask with a curling pattern across it. Hamoon is wearing a simple domino mask, not thrilled to be there but wanting to stay with the group.

Moonie

Veteran
D
Forest Sage is dressed to the nines in green. Her mask is painted to look like tree bark and wear feathers would decorate another mask, hers have long leaves and small ones with a clear coat of glitter.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Of course Shimmer and Shelldon attended the gathering. Shimmer adored anything to do with beauty and masks could help promote her naturally alluring self. She had Shelldon help her construct her mask carefully out of abalone shell. She wore it with its dazzling irisdescence turned outward, adorned along the sides with as many pretty stones that seemed to sparkle, even without light pointed directly at them. However, a mask was not the only thing she wore. Indeed, she wore a pink, loose-fitting, light-weight fabric, which appropriately, seemed to shimmer as she moved.

Shelldon, she had decided, didn't need much of a mask, because he could probably get by with the markings around his face looking enough like a mask... but she gave him a few of her pretty stones to outline the sides of his markings, just so it looked more mask-like... in case anyone asked. Beyond the "mask", Shelldon was unburdened by a proper attire.

They made a rather unusual pair as they walked among the other Kitsu. She spied one Kitsu who was dressed in a lovely white, which she found rather striking. She spotted glitter on another.
"Glitter!" She whispered to Shelldon, who was picking at the tip of his spear absent-mindedly. "That's what I should have added! How could I've forgotten glitter?"

RozeyBear

Grizzled Veteran
D
Logan had scoured store after store, spoken with countless traveling vendors and finally, finally she had found it! The perfect mask for this masquerade ball. A soft pink, covered in roses that were lined in dark purple glitter, the centers of the flowers even sported small, dark purple gems.

Naomhan, on the other hand, had found a simple white mask. The structure mirrored that of a domino mask, elegant and sleek. To make it more "grand" it had a thin line of golden glitter around the edges. He never was one for all the frivolity.

Haisyn

Resident
D
(Uncle Sheo is bored, guys, run while you can. Also, just in case there might be some sort of issue with the prizes, I'm only actively participating for stuff eligible on the Gaia side. I'm just here to appease the Mad God. [edit: He's not a god in the Realm, he just thinks he's the Elder Scrolls god on vacation.])

Sheogorath moved through the throng of attendees with a rather sprightly prancing for someone his age. Or someone who looked his age. Age was a very relative thing, after all. Silly mortals, trying to measure time.

He wore a slightly more traditional harlequin outfit than his usual attire, complete with jester's cap, and a mask that was themed after the faces of drama; laughing comedy on one side, tearful tragedy on the other. His Wabbacane was still a Wabbacane, though. It had more faces on it, so it still technically fit the theme, or so he felt. And if he felt something, it was correct!

Was he here to participate in the festivities directly or simply watch for an opportunity to incite a bit of mischief? He wasn't quite sure. Maybe he'd just see when he got there. Decisions were so much more entertaining on the spur of the moment.

Last edited:

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
All of your costumes and masks sound lovely! And it seems that one of you has caught the attention of an elegant-looking Kitsu, who approaches you and starts up a conversation.

(winner to be rolled on Discord)

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
Getting closer to the doors, you notice something a bit odd. There's one Kitsu who is just standing by themselves off to the side. Where most everyone else seems to be with friends or family or at least appears to be waiting for someone... this Kitsu is not. They look a little sad, perhaps a little grumpy. What could be the issue here?

Prompt 2 - A Choice:
Please choose one and write a short RP describing what you do...
Choice A: Not your problem really... keep on walking and head inside.
Choice B: Stop to talk to the Kitsu that is alone.

Moonie

Veteran
D
Choice B:

Forest Sage watched others chat among themselves. She smiled sheepishly at others, it was awkward being there by herself. She really didn't know many others. Perhaps this would be the chance to overcome her fears and meet someone new. "Hello." She gave a warm smile and shifted a bit. Her ears flipped back, they did look grumpy up close, maybe this was a bad idea. She shifted a bit. "N-Nice Party, isn't it?"

Haisyn

Resident
D
Choice B:

Sheogorath chatted with his lovely guest for a few minutes. Wonderful conversation, this blue lady; wait it was a lady wasn't it? He got distracted with the loner off to the side before he remembered to pay attention.

He hummed to himself for a moment in thought and began skipping - yes, skipping - over to the lone kitsu and the one who had already approached it. "YES! Lovely party. Little tame though, no music yet, and no one's screamed in laughter OR tears. I heard there was free food, though. I always get curious what sort of fancy nonsense they'll do to food at parties like this. Usually pretentious things but sometimes it's ACTUALLY a little bit creative."

He held a hand out to shake with... who ever decided to grab it. They had thumby things to do that with even if they only had paws, didn't they? He forgot to pay attention again. The greeting was probably for the one who'd been sitting alone over here looking quite sulky, but really, who knew? He'd probably give a handshake to a shadow and call it good.

He grasped his cane and leaned on it with the other hand as he actually introduced himself. "Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness! Though I suppose that doesn't count here, they only agreed to let me vacation here if I played by their rules. It's not NEARLY as fun as I'd hoped, but Haskill hasn't found me yet, so I suppose it has its perks!" A momentary pause that was almost, but not quite, long enough for someone to respond. "You can call me Uncle Sheo!"

(He's just bonkers, please ignore him.)

Seimei

Grizzled Veteran
D
Prompt A

Cassandra saw the little group forming around the moping kitsu. She wanted to stop and lend her aide but found herself being pushed into the main area by Amber and Hamoon, who just wanted this to be over.

RozeyBear

Grizzled Veteran
D
Choice B

Be it curiosity or her habit of sticking her nose in places it didn't belong, Logan found herself getting closer to the lone kitsu. Whatever had upset them could be something gossip worthy, after all.

Naomhan tried his best to sway her away from such bad choices. Really, he knew she'd do it anyway.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Choice B

When Shimmer started inside, still muttering to herself about not having glitter, she followed the crowd. It wasn't until Shelldon patted her shoulder and pointed with his spear to another Kitsu, standing away from the crowd and looking properly forlorn. She furrowed her brow and then approached the other.

"You look like you forgot glitter for your mask too." She said to the other Kitsu. "Me too. Total bummer. Don't you think my outfit would've been so much better with glitter? Yours too. Heck, even Shelldon could use some, somewhere on him. I'm Shimmer, by the way." She introduced herself and waited to see if this Kitsu had anything to say for themselves.

Choice B ((only cause thats where Forest is))

Arius was fashionable late of course why would he show up on time that's what lamer creatures did. His mask and accessories as devilish looking as he with a horned red mask and black cape with red lining he was ready for the evening. Arius was about to head inside when he saw the little one known as forest that he oh so loved to tease. He frowned when he realized she was talking to someone else, was he jealous oh no that silly it was just he liked teasing her was all. Arius made his way over to Forest and the stranger in the corner. "Hello Forest, who is your friend...." He kinda stared down the stranger. "What had you looking so grumpy friend?" He asked though there was a bit of distaste in his mouth not sure if he trusted a strange grumpy looking kitsu that was all on their own.

Sesshiyasha

Veteran
D
Choice B

Kaireno looks at the kitsu who is alone and decides to go over and talk to them. He asks how they are doing after arriving slightly late to the party. He's unsure if they will even answer him or if he has made the proper decision but no one should be sad at a party.

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
For those who picked Choice A...
You proceed on into the building, leaving the stranger alone outside. Inside the room is a riot of color, decorations and costumes both threatening to overwhelm your senses for a moment. But you catch your breath and enter the crowds eagerly, heading for the tables laden with food and drink.

For those who picked Choice B...
You stop, turning against the flow of traffic, to talk to the lone Kitsu. As you ask them why they are alone, they scowl at you and reply, "Is that really any of your business? What if I want to be alone right now?" But you are unconvinced! You persist in talking to them until you manage to cheer them up a bit, and surprisingly, they actually agree to accompany you for the evening.
Inside the room is a riot of color, decorations and costumes both threatening to overwhelm your senses for a moment. But you catch your breath and enter the crowds eagerly, heading for the tables laden with food and drink.

(Compiling list and rolling winner on Discord shortly!)

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
All of the food and drinks look so good, you're not sure what to choose. But eventually you make yourself a plate and head over to one side to snack a bit, watching the crowds. There are all sorts of costumes around you, ranging from simple half-masks to elaborate creations that almost completely hide the Kitsu underneath them. Music plays in the background and there is a dance floor slowly filling up as the night goes on. You finish up eating and then think about what you should do next...

Prompt 3 - A Choice:
Please choose one and write a short RP describing what you do...
Choice A: Head for that dance floor!
Choice B: Sit and watch the crowds a bit longer.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Choice A

Shimmer wasn't the least put off by the Kitsus attitude. She understood what it meant to be grumpy, but also understood that grumpy tended to like company, whether it admitted it or not. She was very grateful for Shelldon always being at her side, for better or worse, as a few pokes from his spear was enough to change anyone's mood from grumpy to surprised in no time at all.

So, beckoning the other Kitsu with a paw for them to join her, she headed towards the food tables. She nibbled on something that tasted like a sweet cracker as she watched the crowd. Her ears perking at the sound of the music, she passed her plate to Shelldon.
"I'm going to dance!" She told him. "Hold onto this for me, will you?" She said, before strolling over to the dance floor.