Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Kitsusagi Realms

Festival of Kindling - A Holiday Masquerade (Final Prompt!)

Moonie

Veteran
D
Choice: B

Forest squeaked from the harsh response. "I-I was.. just..." Her ears flipped back and folded down. "Y-You're right sorry." Her feelings were rather dashed from that. She frowned and looked to Arius. "U-uhm... no one." She sighed and practically attached herself to the wall to watch the others. "You should go dance. I'd love to watch." She offered them a sheepish, half-assed smile.

@Valdmir Talamore

Choice: A

Arius eyed the stranger for replying to Forest like that and he kept up the conversation until the stranger seemed to change his mind about it and followed them into the the hall where there was dancing and food. "Are you alright Forest?" Arius asked he loved to see her squirm but only if it was his teasing that caused it not someone else. Arius pinned his ears for a moment hesitant to leave Forest but at the same time there were so many new faces and he kinda wanted to greet them "Ok Ill come back to pick you from the wall later little flower." Arius winked before heading to the dance floor.

@Moonie

Moonie

Veteran
D
Forest watched Arius move away. He really was rather sociable. She wished she would be a little more so too. She smiled as she watched Arius, she was happy right there watching him dance. If she had participated, he'd likely return home with sore feet.

@Valdmir Talamore

Haisyn

Resident
D
Choice B:

(Since I legit haven't been able to brain the last couple of days to make a decent reply...)

Sheogorath was far too distracted with critiquing the food and everyone's outfits and how well - or poorly - they were dancing to Steve, the apparently invisible talking pineapple from Passwall, to actually be interested in going out to cut a rug himself.

(If it's too late, I understand, but I thought I'd at least make an effort even if it is a bit half-baked.)

RozeyBear

Grizzled Veteran
D
Choice A

"Wow," Logan murmured over her shoulder to Naomhan. "They really decked this place out, huh?"

The elder kistu laughed, nodding his agreement while he let the excitable girl drag him to the tables. It didn't seem as if the encounter with that stranger had bothered her at all.It hadn't him either, honestly. Things just played out that way some of the time.

What did bother him was the eager look in Logan's eyes when the crowds started moving toward the dance floor. "No." His voice was firm, eyes narrowed on his companion.

"Yes," she whispered, suddenly grabbing his paw and, surprisingly, dragging him out with them.

Tonight was definitely turning out to be something.

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
For those who picked Choice A...
The dance floor is filling up more and more as Kitsu finish greeting friends and eating. You're whirled through several dances by different partners as the musicians pick up the tempo. Periodically, you duck out for a drink or a bite of food. Coming back from one such excursion, you trip suddenly and squeeze your eyes shut, anticipating a fall. But someone catches you, and asks if you are okay...
You stare up into the eyes of an angelic Kitsu hidden behind a beaked mask and smile with a small nod. Seems like you've found a new dance partner.

((Winner to be rolled on Discord shortly!))

For those who picked Choice B...
As the night goes on, you are content to sit and watch the various Kitsu for a while, sipping slowly at your drink. You see the dance floor get busier and busier and are glad you stayed out of that crowd for the time being. After a little while, you notice something slightly odd. By this point in the evening, most kits that came to the party have been sent home. But there seem to be two still hanging around near the food tables. And is it just you, or do they seem a bit... fluffier than other Kitsu here? You get up to go and ask them who their parents are, but by the time you get over to where they were, they seem to have disappeared.

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
The time ticks closer and closer to midnight, and the music changes to a softer and slower tempo. The dance floor mostly empties aside from couples and a few trios dancing together romantically. Some Kitsu wander outside to look at the stars, while other rest in various corners of the room. There is a sense of peace, and of waiting as the year draws to a close.

Prompt 4:
Who do you think about at this time? A friend, a lover, your family? Tell me your thoughts...

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
As the night wore on and the sky got darker, Shimmer moved off of the dance floor and back to Shelldon. She had enjoyed dancing with strangers, but as she moved outside to look at the sky, she let out a wistful sigh. Would there ever be a Kitsu out there that was meant for her? She'd spent so much of her life preening in front of crowds, but would anyone ever step out of the crowd with interest in her?

Her ears perked as she heard someone approach her, but...
"Hello Shelldon." She greeted her Guardian, before turning her gaze back to the sky. At least she wasn't truly alone. Some Kitsu didn't even have a friend, but... She sighed again. My resolution for the upcoming year... is to find someone to love... and someone who will love me back.

RozeyBear

Grizzled Veteran
D
For the most part, Logan stayed close to Naomhan. She enjoyed dancing with the seraphim, especially when he led her in a complicated waltz that had them spinning and gliding over the dance floor as if they were the only two in the room.

They'd been friends for as long as she could remember, granted she hadn't met him until after.... something had happened. She wasn't quite sure what, exactly, all she knew is his heart had been broken and he'd been so lonely. His smile hadn't reached his eyes, his laugh had been hollow.

But now... Now he seemed happy with her. Not that they were together!!!! Just the thought of it brought a blush to the normally undaunted kitsu's cheeks. No doubt Naomhan noticed, but her didn't say anything. He simply led her from the floor, offered her a drink and guided her outside for a bit of fresh air and star gazing.

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
As you stare off into space, a voice suddenly interrupts you. "You seem very lost in thought... but I can't help but notice you don't seem to have anyone to watch the play with. Would you care to watch it with me?"

((compiling list to roll on Discord soon!))

Manderp

Station Visitor
D
Suddenly, bells begin to ring in and around the building, signaling that it is time for the final events of this year's Masquerade. With only a short time until midnight, the traditional play is about to begin. Kitsusagi that have scattered slightly make their way back inside the building and the doors are shut. Then with one final bell-toll, the lights go out. Not only the lights in the building, but all the lights in town - leaving the room in more or less complete darkness.

A few Kitsu gasp at the sudden absence of light, most likely younger Kitsu that it is their first time being allowed to stay for this part of the Festival. Your hear a soft melody begin to play, and a single, muted light appears at the far side of the room. Though it is not bright at all, it draws everyone's eye that way.

A darkly-costumed Kitsu is holding the light, and their posture seems tired, old and frail. They limp slowly down the center of the room as the melody continues, the wordless song conveying a sense of dignity, though there are also themes of ending and sadness within it. It seems to take forever for the frail-looking Kitsu to reach a spot in the center of the room. Now that they're there, you can see that a structure was moved into place at some point after the lights went out. It seems to be a mountain made of clouds, which are dark and stormy-looking at the moment.

A voice suddenly rings out. "The old year passes, taking with it all our hopes, dreams, and memories. Darkness falls over the Realms."

The dark Kitsu reaches the cloud-mountain and seems to disappear inside of it, taking the dim light they were carrying with them - and the room and town is in complete darkness once more.

"The darkness reminds us of times long past - a time when there was war, pain and suffering. Though most of us were not alive in that time, we still tell stories of it. We still remember. So that we do not fall into the darkness again. This darkness we see now is only temporary. For as the Season turns, light will return to the world, just as light returned to our hearts after the war was over..."

Just as the speaker finishes, a clear, high bell rings, and the previously dark and stormy clouds light up from behind with golden light - so bright that many in the crowd gasp and cover their eyes briefly. Then the clouds part to reveal another Kitsu, this one masked and costumed in bright sun-themed colors. The crowd cheers for the performance as the narrator shouts over the top, "Welcome to the light and to the new year!"

Prompt 5:
What did you think of the play? Which player was your favorite... the dark Kitsu, or the light one?

This will serve as your preference list, and final ticket, for the two Kitsu below. You may not edit this post so choose carefully! If you do not want to be entered for these prizes, please just post and say so. You may win one of these, even if you won one of the previous prizes!

Unmasked (Winner's choice if the scars are stage makeup, or real!)

Unmasked

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Shimmer turned when she heard a voice and she smiled in pleasant surprise when she saw a handsome masked Kitsu.
"Yes... I would enjoy that very much." She replied and walked in with the feathered kitsu, admiring their mask and tail feathers quite a bit as they entered once more.

The theatrical performance, though she'd seen it before, was as breath-taking and inspiring as it was every year. The dark kitsu's mysterious appearance and slinking ways enticed her, but once the light came with the kitsu that wore the sun's colors... it took her breath away. She let out a cheer and applauded at the coming of the new year, unable to take her gaze away from the beautiful kitsu with red feathers... and their hair was so carefully woven. Clearly a Guardians hands had help in getting this beautiful kitsu ready for the stage.

Maybe I could be suited for a life on the stage. Shimmer wondered. Maybe love isn't the only thing I'll find in this new year.

((In case it wasn't clear, my prefs are: Red Feathers, Raven Feathers))