Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[FIN] Red Snowcones (Pastel Goth x Elisabeta)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Pastel nodded when she mentioned that she'd be grateful for his help with her belongings, but when she asked why the thought of animal pelts made him uncomfortable, his frown deepened.
"Ah, well... You know... Skinning animals... animals that have the capacity to have families or loved ones of their own... It just seems so violent and vicious. Why use an animal pelt for warmth when you can cut some hay down or stop into town and ask for a blanket, you know? Using animal products - taking from nature in a way that we can't replace... it's monstrous." He shook his head. "I know I drink blood and I know that there are some ponies out there who go so far as to eat meat or... or hunt for sport." He shuddered and shook his head. "But I draw my own boundaries. I won't partake in the harming of another animal, no matter what creature it is, if I don't have to. I need blood to survive... but I can make it up to nature in other ways, to compensate." He explained. "I will not judge you if you think differently, but... you are a pixie and you were a pixie before you were a vampire. I would assume that you would think similarly... unless this Queen of Vampires you spoke of taught you differently." He mused, already gaining an ill-opinion of the queen in question, of whom he'd never heard of before that day.

Happy to change the topic, though his stomach had since started churning at the thought of skinning other animals for their pelts, Pastel Goth focused his attention to the vegetable stew in front of him. Having successfully found his bowl, he took care to dip it into the hot pot without burning himself. "Thank you again, Elisabeta, for the food." @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
"Oh i shouldve made myself clear that i didnt kill any of these animals, i found them dead, i found "homes" for the dead flesh and i gave them to wolves Elisbeta explained, i am a vegetarian and even the thought of drinking blood is kinda barbaric to me but i need it to survive. Oh no the Queen of vampires didn't make me think that the value of life was null, i still believe the same beliefs as you do", Elisabeta replied.
Elisabeta was flushed as she thought that Pastel thought she was a monster, she turned to Pastel to say
"you're welcome" and he had thanked her for the vegetable stew. Elisabeta finished her bowl rinsed it out and laid down next to fire.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Pastel Goth let out a shaky sigh of relief.
"Well, while I still can't quite condone the use of their, hm, leftovers, I certainly appreciate knowing that you didn't kill them yourself." He amended. He nodded, his relief growing as she mentioned that she was a vegetarian and the thought of drinking blood made her uneasy too. "You're not alone in that regard. It's an opinion that many daywalkers have. With Honeydribble aiming to make donated blood more accessible and my recipes being able to incorporate blood into regular drinks... or maybe even food, well, I imagine it'll become a little more natural for others to accept. Perhaps we, too, will find it more natural. Like ponies who need to drink more orange juice in order to get their vitamins. It's just a matter of preserving ourselves. That's how I try to think of it, anyway." He said with a shrug.

He was content to sip at his stew, though as an afterthought, he reached into his saddle bag to withdraw two blood packets. He squeezed the contents into the stew and while it dampened the earthy flavors of the vegetables, he knew that he ought to drink his five for the day and that this was as good enough way to ingest it as any. He ended up taking two bowls of the stew and by the time he was finished, he was warm and full. He rinsed out the bowl as Elisabeta did and then lay it next to her belongings. He then returned to his saddlebags and pulled out a small blanket, laying it along the ground and laying atop it. With a sigh of contentment, he informed his companion. "I'm just going to rest my eyes for a moment; I'd suggest you do the same... or if you have lots to carry, to use now to decide what you're bringing with you, like the bowls or the soup pot... or if you're leaving them here. I am not the strongest stallion, but I'll help where I can... once I wake up." He informed her with a drowsy smile that came from eating plenty of food. Letting his eyes fall closed, he relaxed. What an interesting adventure this was turning out to be. @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
oooo what kind of recipes have you got so far? Elisbeta replied. While Pastel dumped 2 packets pf blood in the stew she felt squimish just managed to ask "does it taste good like that?, and the stuff i am taking is already packed except for the pot and bowls, i shall leave them here in case some other pony needs it" Elisbeta laid down and settled in for the night, knowing that tomorrow will be a long journey.

@belloblossom