Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[FIN] Silent Night (Starlit Fuse/Glistening Stars)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Starlit Fuse had a pretty typical schedule. She'd wake up in the mornings, eat breakfast and go to work in her office across town. Then, after a shift that ended around sundown, she'd return home and start preparing dinner. Some days had shifts that were shorter than others - for her office job was based on the clients she'd picked up. These last few days had been easier than usual, sending her home just before sunset. It allowed her some time to get the shopping done and after dinner, she would go out again for a moonlit stroll. The autumnal chill in Bone Town, her hometown, had prompted her to wear a scarf around her slim neck and shoulders as she trotted down the pathways.

Starlit had always enjoyed the quiet nights that came with evenings, the stars above glittered and she felt so much more at peace than she did during the day. However... the night time also felt considerably more lonely. She didn't have anyone to share the peace and quiet with and she couldn't pretend to be surrounded by others. Unlike
how she might be able to pretend as much in the day time, where she would pass by ponies engaging in their own conversations. No... in the evening and the quiet, it was always made very obvious when Starlit was alone. Only one set of hooves on cobblestone roads. Comfortable and safe - there wasn't any danger here - but a little depressing. Starlit Fuse was not meant to live a solitary lifestyle... but she had no idea how to go about changing that.

It's not as though my job leads me to meeting the kinds of ponies I might want to engage with. She thought with a sigh. They're usually ponies down on their luck who I'm trying to help with their own relationships - not single, respectable individuals looking to make a family or settle down with their lawyer. Besides, she thought, shaking her head, dating one of her clients? Talk about unprofessional!

She sighed and then shivered as a gust of wind blew by her. Much to her surprise, it unraveled her scarf from her shoulders and blew it off of her entirely.
"Oh no! My scarf!" She cried in alarm and started to run after it. She followed the breeze carrying her scarf until it was blown into a tree, much higher than she could access it. Shivering from the cold and looking up mournfully at the scarf ensnared in the branches, she placed a hoof on the trunk of the tree and tried to shake it to no avail. "Oh Dreamer... I really liked that scarf..." She grumbled through chattering teeth. How was she meant to retrieve it now? She wasn't very good at climbing trees... @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars was on a evening stroll like they usually did on evenings though they really wished they had company to enjoy the evening with. They were more of a wandering nomad at the moment and had yet to find a place to settle down and build roots. In the evening air, they almost seemed like they glowed against the night time view. They trotted down the cobblestone path, their hoofs letting off a echoing sound as they trotted along.

As they trotted down the path they had caught a gust of wind, but it didn't bother them too much they were use to the cold air. They looked up at the sky admiring the stars but then shifted their gaze to facing forward and noticed a pony on the side under a tree looking up at the branches that seemed to hold something that belonged to her. They trotted closer to her and got a better glimpse at what she was looking at, ah it seemed like it was a scarf he trotted over and closer before saying something "Do you need some help?" they asked her.

From the looks of it the mare was a little chilled without the scarf, that was something they would not have not on their watch. It was a little chilly tonight at the same time they were wondering what she was doing out alone, they would need to ask her later after they got down her scarf.
@belloblossom

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit Fuse had heard the distance sounds of hooves on cobblestone, but she hadn't thought that the owner of those hooves would stop nearby her. As a result, when the voice of another appeared so suddenly beside her, she jumped a little and turned to see...

Oh wow...

It was as though a piece of the night sky had flown down to the earth and was standing right beside her. The pony next to her seemed to radiate some manner of ethereal beauty and she couldn't help but gasp a little at the sight of the newcomer. As they spoke, she offered them an embarrassed smile.
"Help would be much appreciated, if you could spare it." She said, noting the newcomer had wings. Maybe they'd be able to fly up and get her scarf? What a twist of luck! "My scarf got blown away in the wind... and it landed up there." She pointed to it, high above and entangled in the branches and leaves. "I'm afraid I can't reach it on my own. I'd be very grateful if you would be able to retrieve it... If you have the time." She said with a polite, flustered smile. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
They caught the brief jump of surprise the mare gave when they spoke “ My apologies for startling you that was not my intention” they said before peering up at the scarf the tall tree was holding hostage. They glanced back at the mare before nodding their head “of course it would be my pleasure to help you” they said.

They stepped back a bit unfurled their wings before taking a few steps back as to not hit the mare with their wings and then took to the sky and to the location of the scarf in the tree, they had to maneuver right as to not clip their wings against the other tree branches. They adjusted their position in the air and in one smooth movement retrieved the scarf before landing back on ground beside the mare and wrapping it around the mare’s neck and shoulders with a light tug to make sure it was secure “ there you go” they said.

They folded their wings back down before deciding to introduce themselves to the mare “ my name is Glistening Stars or Glistening for short, what is yours?” they asked poitely.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
"Oh, I beg your pardon - you have no need to apologize. I wasn't sure I would meet anyone else on this road, much less someone willing to help." Starlit explained quickly when the pony apologized for starling her. When they went on to say how they would be pleased to help her, she sagged a little in relief. "Oh, thank you." She told them vehemently.

She took a few steps back to watch as they unfurled their wings and proceeded to stare as the dazzling pegasus took to the sky. They were a wonderful flier - not that Starlit knew many of them herself. Still, their movements seemed so smooth and well coordinated. Starlit couldn't help, but be impressed. She found herself smiling widely when the pegasus landed and wrapped her scarf over her neck and shoulders. Moving her hoof up to adjust the scarf where it lay, folding one end over the other so that it would not fly off again, she found herself looking fondly at the stranger who had helped her. "Ah, my hero. Thank you again for your help, I would have been very sorry to lose this scarf." She told them.

Perking her ears as they introduced themselves, she inclined her head politely, dipping a little in something resembling a playful bow.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Glistening. My name is Starlit Fuse, but I tend to go by Starlit - or Star, among friends." She informed the pegasus. "I should really love to thank you properly - though I left my coin purse at home... My home isn't very far away, I could offer you a warm drink for your troubles?" She offered. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
They nodded their head “ I was enjoying a evening walk myself, I do enjoy them” they answered thoughtfully. They looked at the mare “ you are most welcome” they replied.

I would assume that there’s is a intimate reason to it, most tend to have belongings that are meaningful to them” they said thinking about it they themselves didn’t have such a belonging yet, but was pretty certain they would have one eventually. They chuckled lightly at the playful bow before waving a hoof just as playful “that is not necessary fair lady”.

Before returning to seriousness “ a pleasure to meet you Lady Starlit ” he responded. They considered their offer “ why that sounds lovely Starlit, I will take you up on that offer.” he replied they could use a nice warm drink, even for a pony who was use to the cold, they still got chilled. They stepped to the side and gestured “ after you” they said.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
My goodness, they certainly are a charmer. Starlit Fuse reflected with a shy smile. She'd been called Ms. Fuse or Miss Starlit in the past, but Lady Starlit? It sounded so regal - so majestic. While Starlit wouldn't say she was insecure, she wasn't sure she was confident enough to warrant such a royal sounding nickname.
"Starlit - or even Star - is just fine." She pointed out gently. "I worry I might not be able to keep up with all of your pretty words." She turned around, moving back the way she had come and started down the path back to her home.

"It is meaningful, in some capacity. I got it on one of my few trips to Everville - a souvenir of my travels there. Since it's so comfortable, I've become more accustomed to wearing it regularly, especially when I can spare the time for evening strolls like this one." She explained with a smile. "I do so enjoy the evening - the stars are so beautiful during autumn, after all. Though I imagine you don't need to walk in the evening, to get a look at the stars." She said to Glistening with a soft giggle, looking pointedly at the constellation markings in their wings. "It's as though you have a part of the sky painted on you, after all." @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars let out a soft chuckle "Ahh..but they are compliments moreso then using fancy words, that much is true about it. Frankly, everypony deserves to be complimented in some way or form they responded before trotting beside her. "I do not have a possession that is meaningfull to me yet, but eventually I will" they said.

They listened to her speak nodding their head every so often to show they were listening " It sounds to me like you like travelling around. Why settle in one place if you enjoy travelling" they asked politely tilting their head thoughtfully to the side. Before blinking a bit and smiling at the mare "Why..is that a compliment I hear?" they chuckled lightly as they continued following her. "Why, thank you that is quite the compliment and the first time i"ve heard anypony say that to me" they responded.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit smiled a little at the mention of compliments. She hadn't thought of it that way, preferring to keep her compliments close to her chest. Hers tended to be out of serenity, only striking when the mood felt right. She didn't hand out compliments willy nilly. She refrained from saying as much aloud, however, for she felt that it may be taken in a rude manner. As the conversation moved to the notion of meaningful possessions, she touched a hoof to her scarf thoughtfully.

"Well, it's only a matter of time, right? I'm sure you'll find something you like sooner or later - or maybe you'll be gifted something from someone who is meaningful to you. Anything could happen, really." She reflected.

Starlit couldn't help the nostalgic smile that crept onto her face as the conversation moved to her love of travel. Her eyes took on a faraway look, one of deeper reflection and something that was almost sadness, too.

"I loved to travel when I was younger, it's true. But... my life took a different turn. I learned the benefits of settling down and the peace of mind that comes with it. I may not get out as often as I used to, but I wouldn't give up my cozy home or the security of my job for anything." She explained. She flicked her ears and offered Glistening another smile, this one more relaxed. "I'm surprised to hear that - I would've thought ponies would be stumbling over their hooves to compliment someone as handsome as you are - if you don't mind me saying so." She added quickly.

She turned a corner and then gestured to a house located among the others in the street. It had a fenced in yard and paved pathway leading to it. The pathway ended with two stone steps, before it got to her house - a cozy, two story cottage. Unlatching the gate to the fence, she pushed it open and moved up the pathway. Kicking over her welcome mat, she picked up the key that she left there and opened her door, holding it open for Glistening Stars.

"Welcome to my humble abode." She supplied with a smile. "The living room is directly on the left, or if you'd like, you can follow me into the kitchen across the hall." She offered and started down that way, moving into the dining room, which attached to the kitchen. Glancing over her shoulder, she asked. "Do you prefer tea? Coffee? Something stronger?" She offered. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Well, from the little experience I have with socializing compliments always make a pony's day especially when they have had a rough or long day and just need some cheering up. Joy is the best medicine second to laughter of course. Laughter is always going to be the first and the best medicine for anything really." they responded.

They frowned as they caught a hint of sadness, in retrospect probably not the best kind of topic to bring up, now that they thought about it they probably should have treaded a bit more carefully at the topics they brought up. They felt really bad for bringing it up, although she was still young and she still had her life ahead of her so if there was an oppurtunity for her to go back to that they thought she should take it "That is understandable, but you still have your life ahead of you and if another oppurtunity rises for you to go travelling i think you should, though who am I to tell you what to do" they said before frowning a bit to themselves.

"oh...haha...I have no such luck in that department. But, thank you for the compliment" they answered before looking at her "You are as well, not so much handsome but beautiful, I'm surprised no one has complimented you" they said.

They followed her around the corner and stopped in front of the house taking a few moments to look at her home, it looked quaint, cozy and comfortable place to live. Their eyes took in every detail of the exterior before speaking up "You have a very lovely home" they said before following her up the path and to the front door. They padded into the home looking around the interior, it was just as cozy, quaint and comfortable as the exterior. Enough for one living on their own, they padded a bit more into the house as to not block the way so she could close the door.

They nodded their head and turned to look at the living room taking a few moments to take in the detail before shifting their gaze back forward and following Starlit directly through her dining area and into the kitchen and sat down. "Mm....tea is fine" they said, they didn't want to drink coffee at this late or they would be up all night.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
As happy as she was to have received Glistening's compliments and to give them one of her own, she shot him a wry look when he implied that she didn't receive those sorts of compliments herself.
"Who's to say ponies don't compliment me?" She asked, her tone turning momentarily defensive. She got compliments for the work and effort she put in, or how well she'd attended to a client. While mentions of her beauty had come into play when she was younger, more of a spitfire than anything else, she didn't mind that the compliments had matured as she had. Still... implying that she didn't receive any at all... Was it a slip of the tongue on Glistening Stars' part, or were they not the true charmer that she'd mistook them for?

She let the mood pass as they went on to reflecting on her home, letting her frown turn upwards into a polite smile.
"Thank you, I do try my best to keep it welcoming - even if it's just me that it welcomes home every night." Starlit Fuse then nodded when the pony indicated that they wanted tea.

"I've got chamomile, oolong or jasmine. Take your pick. And would you be wanting the tea with milk, sugar or honey? Or all of the above, I suppose, if you have a particular sweet tooth." She remarked. Bending over to grab a tea kettle from one of her lower cabinets, she reflected on what had been said earlier. She did have her life ahead of her, but travel wasn't on her agenda. Let the younger mares and stallions go off galivanting around the continent.

Starlit wanted only to spend time at home, or at her job, bettering herself where she could in Bone Town. The occasional trip was nice, sure, but she didn't exactly want to spend her hard earned bits on frivolities. Not when they could be spent on more meaningful endeavors. She glanced to her fridge, where a picture of two foals was placed, held up by magnets. One foal had the color of her hair, the other had her starry purple coat. It was no mystery who these foals had been mothered by... though it was the only picture of them that would be found in Starlit Fuse's entire house.

Turning her gaze from the fridge to her guest, she smiled at them, though something lonely had taken root in her eyes.
"So, what is it that you do for a living, Glistening Stars?" She asked them. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars looked downwards a bit a little ashamed of what they said, they didn't mean to offend the other. After catching the brief defensive tone Starlit used, it almost wanted to make them stop talking altogether. "I uhmm....apologies if that offended you" they said before standing up deciding to wander around her house some more to give themselves a moment to feel the brief pang of guilt they felt when she went defensive. A pony going defensive on them was a first and was a feeling they did not want to repeat. They let out a soft sigh of regret.

Now they were hesitant to say anything else in the fear to offend her once again "Uhmm...Jasmine is fine" they said looking over their shoulder and responding. Before they nodded their head once again " honey is fine" they responded. The best way they knew how to handle feeling guilty for something they said was to take a moment to themselves to rearrange their thought process before speaking up again.

"I'm actually just a travelling nomad, I just got where the wind takes me I suppose. I haven't actually found the right place to settle down and put down roots yet. So I'm just kind of going with the flow and see where my life takes me" they answered, once they had their thoughts put together again he trotted back over to where the tea with honey would be waiting for them.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
At Glistening's apology, Starlit relaxed a little and smiled.
"Thank you for your apology. It's in the past now, at any rate. Let's treat it as such." She assured her companion. When they went on to say that they preferred jasmine with honey, she smiled a little wider. "Good choice. Jasmine is sweet on its own, but I tend towards having a slight sweet tooth myself." She admitted with a soft giggle.

She went on to grab the jasmine tea, slowly scooping out the dried herbs and flowers into the pot and placing it into the teapot to steep. She lay the teapot onto the stove and let the water warm, before moving towards one of her cupboards to grab the honey jar. Perking her ears when Glistening revealed that they were a nomad, versus someone who wanted to settle down, she glanced at him.
"Oh... Does that mean this is the only time I'll be seeing you?" She asked and then wondered at the connotations. She put the honey jar on the counter and stared at it. What was she doing? She wasn't the kind of mare that brought strangers home for a drink. Glistening Stars had their own life - their own lifestyle, traveling in and out of towns. Starlit had already put down roots and firm ones at that. Had she brought Glistening home to try and fill in some sort of gap in her heart? She suddenly felt very self conscious, pointedly looking away from both Glistening and the picture on her refridgerator.

"Glistening, I..." She took a deep breath and forced herself to look at the beautiful pony. "I'm not the sort of mare who will just invite anyone to my home, usually. I don't know if you were expecting anything... specific, to come out of this encounter, but if you're looking for a one night entanglement with your cup of tea, I'm afraid I can't help you there. I can respect your nomadic ways, but I like forming relationships with those I meet... and if you're going to leave in the morning or next week or just disappear at any point. I don't think we'll get much further in this relationship, beyond two strangers during a chance meeting." She explained.

The teapot had begun to whistle and she crossed over to the stovetop, turning it off and moving the teapot off the burner. She grabbed one cup out of the cupboard and her hoof hovered over the second cup. She wouldn't ask them to leave, that would be impolite - but hadn't she already been impolite. Oh, Dreamer, she'd really made a mess of things now, hadn't she? She sighed and picked up a second cup, setting it near the teapot and pouring the tea evenly between the two cups. Steam rose from both. She moved back towards the honey.

"After we finish the tea, I think you should leave. I'm grateful for your help with my scarf, truly, but I cannot extend my friendship to a pony who will not stick around to grow it. I hope you understand." Ever since her first heartbreak, Starlit kept her relationships closely guarded to her chest. She needed someone who would stick around, someone who would support her. She couldn't risk growing closer to this beautiful pegasus, only to have Glistening fly off and never return at a moment's notice. This was the best choice for both of them... Wasn't it? Oh, if only they'd just stay. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars stared into the steaming cup for tea, suddenly losing interest in drinking it and frowned looking downwards. Now they could feel their heart slowly breaking from her words "see..now that is where you are wrong not all ponies are expecting something in return when they are invited over for a nice visit. And not all ponies are just gonna up and leave" they said sounding a little hurt. "if you think I am such a shallow and dense pony then you shouldn't have invited me over in the first place." they said feeling a little upset that she would think they were that type of pony.

"Just for your information you can still build friendships even when you aren't in the same place, if that is how you feel then perhaps...I should just be on my way" they said before pushing the tea away and trotting towards the door "Don't lump every pony you meet together with your past experiences even if they were bad ones, if you are so stuck on it then perhaps you weren't ready to build a long distance friendship or ready to move forward in your life and for better moments" they said. While, they respected her choice to guard her heart but if she guarded it too much then she won't find somepony to make her happy. "Two things before I leave. One if you don't think I would come back when you asked or needed me then you need to reassess yourself and Two I respect your choice to guard your heart but if you guard it too much you won't find somepony to make you happy " they said before pushing the door open, the cold winter air just seemed so much colder then it was earlier.

@belloblossom

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit Fuse had once been called Smol Fuse, as a result of her fiery temper as a youth. That temper hadn't been seen outside of her job - when she was defending her clients - for some time, but now...
"As it happens, Glistening Stars, I don't know anything about you. We met maybe, hm, an hour ago, if even that? We're not friends, we're amiable strangers at best. So don't lecture me about how I lead my life or how close I decide to get with others." She snapped back at the pegasus.

She rolled her eyes as Glistening continued on, setting her cup down on the counter, untouched. Walking with the pretty pegasus to her front door, she pinned her ears at him.
"You're right, I did misjudge you. I thought you were a kind, helpful stranger. Now I see that you're just an arrogant do-gooder with the desire to enforce their will on ponies who want nothing to do with it. Perhaps instead of pointing out the flaws of others and trying to bombard me with what you think I should do, you ought to look at your life and figure out why you come off as so...so... RUDE!" Starlit stomped a hoof hard on the ground, something cracking underneath it. A trait of her breed, earth ponies were known for their physical strength - not that she had never needed to use it.

"Leave my home, Glistening Stars. I...I hope that you find peace in wherever you're going. Because that's clearly not meant to be with me." Her voice trembled and her eyes shone with unshed tears. She needed to get the door closed before she started crying. She stepped forward, one hoof on the door and eventually was able to move around enough that she could slowly close the door - slamming it may have hurt Glistening. While she was angry, she would never wish to hurt another pony. She locked the door and latched it shut and then stood there, shaking. She would stand there, crying for another half an hour, before it finally occurred to Starlit to go clean up the abandoned tea. @StarshineAngel