Font Size Weirdness

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

This is something that needs to be put into our guide - it's as intended... sort of. BS has two internal font size options; you have 1-5 which are pre-defined in the backend, and the rest are sizes we've added directly in pixel size. If you manually change the code (ie, to size=18px for instance) it should be the same as size=5. It's a quirk of our base software, Xenforo, which by default only allows us to have 5 different sizes. That wasn't acceptable to us as we want the WYSIWYG to be more fully fleshed out, so we had to add our own pixel based system. XD

It's a little confusing, but intended, yes. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are just predefined sizes and the dropdown just defaults to those over our pixel sizes. I'll make a note to see if we can override it to just insert the pixel size in the future (you'll notice 1,2,3,4,5 don't have a px by them) so it's less strange, but for the moment you can, as I said, manually insert your own pixel sizes without issue.

🐸

tiny shark

Grizzled Veteran
D
Huh. Okay. I just thought it was weird because 4-12 are the same sizes to me for all those codes. 🤔

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Hmm. Might be something weird going on with your browser with a minimum font size? Because to me your first font test looks like this:

which has small but definitely notable differences. The bbcode just translates into different CSS afaik so I'm not sure where that would be going wrong. What browser are you using?

🐸

tiny shark

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oh, yes, I didn't realize it was my browser issue, lol. It works on my firefox, but normally I'm using Mac OS, Google chrome. o.o

Ohhh, I never realized someone fiddled with the minimum font size. 🤣 Thanks. Better now.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

No problem! That is a weird thing haha. It's strange it didn't affect anything else? Could have been general zoom or such too. I'm using Chrome also, so definitely a non-default setting over on your side I'd think. I'm glad you got it working though! :LOL:
🐸