[Grasslands] Into the (Sorta) Wild Blue

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Let's go! Expedition time!
Players participating: @sharkberrypizza @astralprogenitor @Shaddaling @Zakiax @PeterPan_da144 @Reoakee

Trainers participating: Matsuda Takahiro , Diego Alfaro ,Wen Istar, Yune Bloodthrone, Aurelius Hawthorne, Lorretta Melody Smith
Pokémon participating:
Takahiro - Bluesy (#234), Waffle (#448), Banana (#609), Concave (#635), Atala (#534), Dottie (#527)
Diego - Alejandro Cortez (#97), Isabel (#590)
Wen - Silver (#391), Proton (#392), Giovanni (#421), Archer (#422), Cyrus (#666)
Yune - Strawberry (#360), Sprinkle (#403), Macaron (#468), Peanut (#485), Doughnut (#570), Jello (#581)
Aurelius - N/A
Lorretta - Zu (#163), Sights (#372), Maverick (#560), Moonlight (#498), Confetti (#390)

Expedition area: Newbreeze Grasslands

Last edited:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Total WC: 1635
265+200+515+330+325

GEs Remaining/Earned: 6/6

VIT Count
Spoiled because there's a lot of us...
Takahiro
Bluesy (234)​
Waffle (448)​
3/3​
1/1​
1/1​
Banana (609)​
Concave (635)​
1/1​
1/1​
Atala (534)​
Dottie (527)​
3/3​
4/4​
-------------------------
Diego
Alejandro Cortez (97)​
Isabel (590)​
2/2​
2/2​
1/1​
Wen
Silver (391)​
Proton (392)​
2/2​
3/3​
1/1​
Giovanni (421)​
Archer (422)​
2/2​
3/3​
Cyrus (666)​
1/1​
Yune
Strawberry (360)​
Sprinkle (403)​
2/2​
2/2​
2/2​
Macaron (468)​
Peanut (485)​
2/2​
1/1​
Doughnut (570)​
Jello (581)​
2/2​
3/3​
Aurelius
1/1​
Loretta
Zu (163)​
Sights (372)​
3/3​
2/2​
4/4​
Maverick (560)​
Moonlight (498)​
3/3​
3/3​
Confetti (390)​
1/1​

Finds So Far...
Shark:
Nothing!

Prog:
Nothing!

Shadda:
Nothing!

Zak:
Nothing!

Sami:
Nothing!

Reo:
Nothing!

Last edited:

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Everyone remember to eat before you come, ok?

Takahiro was content enough leaving the message as a sign off, but before setting it down and rolling over to sleep they took one last look at the softly glowing screen. No, they didn’t know these people at all apart from the slow trickle in of usernames, ‘welcome to group’s, and scant selection of other friendly messages sent to that corner of the idyllic town’s intranet over the last few days, but neither did they feel the need to. It was enough they all wanted to travel in the company of others.

It had just been on a whim really, much like everything the spontaneous soul did; they posted looking for a small group to go on an equally small outing. Maybe they’d all camp for a day or two, share stories or make new friends while looking for signs of undiscovered pokémon or … well, really anything.

There’s been some bites too – other people looking for the same? Whether it was by choice or just from busy lives none of them thought to meet before the day of their expedition together, but there wasn’t any regret. Rather, it was just life on Nauwill, wasn’t it?

The benefit of everyone being vetted before they were allowed to even be there lent some security to the whole thing. That much was always a relief, and honestly was a part of why Taka had agreed to move there.

Drowsily he glanced across the room to where he’d already gathered supplies in a neat pile.

Tomorrow would be exciting!

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Scratched Jade: Guess who nearly set the bed on fire.

Wen paused in typing, looking at the fuecoco blankly staring at the corner of the room, the white of her muzzled grey with soot. He snapped a picture of her, downloading it to the group chat.

Scratched Jade: Gio, in the time out corner, I don't think her brain is comprehending the punishment. Just hot air in between those eyes.

He set the phone down, turning back to the soaked mess of sheets, loose knitted blanket, an random embroidery floss snips. "Thank you, Archer," He said tiredly, the Quaxly prodding the bundle with a webfoot suspiciously. "But I think you put it out."

He sighed, gathering up the bundle. He was going to have to deal with this before he could sleep tonight. "Archer, just stay with Gio encase she sneezes again." Wen whistled calling Silver to him and winced noting the half burnt sock in the eevee's mouth. "Alright, I think that one is beyond fixing."

Laundry, sleep, and then the expedition. "Hopefully that goes better." Wen left the unfinished project on the table, shutting the door behind him and the eevee as they handled to the laundry room.

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Waiving a treat over Sights back and forth before flipping it up and letting the Aron gobble it up. She saw Cream taking up most of her bed right now while a good chunk of the others were curled up on the Arcanine’s bed. She couldn’t take Cream out that was for certain. The motherly pokemon was one of the only comforts the others had while she was out. She went over her team for tomorrow and rubbed under her eyes smearing her makeup she had yet to take off. She sat back and sighed loudly, feeling like the littlest edge lord in history. It was an outing for pete sake there was no need for her to feel so dramatic about it. It wasn’t like they were going to send her back to jail or anything like that. She supposed part of her was excited as she was going out with … normal people? Yeah normal it was her fresh start she had wanted. It would be fine. Or it could end in fire and mayhem. Not like she was going to back out and hide away. Her partners needed some outdoor time and continuing to look at the walls of this place would make it feel like jail all over again. Besides the island shrink said it was time she needed to start ‘participating in bonding activities.” If she had to sit through one more therapy session trying to convince her to go out she was going to head out by self and camp in the woods for a week. Taking some deep breaths she started to hum. The song was an oldie but a good one and she knew all the lyrics by heart. Soda her Bulbasaur if you could call it that? Was bobbing along seeming very calm. She really hadn’t been sure about getting a grass type but little guy was blue and she thought that was cool. A lot like Confetti. She was bringing him along to have a safe and easy talking point because she didn’t know a lot about N. Bulbasuar well other then what the basic information was in the little guide book. Very chill and relaxed so good for anyone to check out and investigate.

Picking up the phone she was bathed in light of her screen. Blinking a few times she squinted turning the brightness down. “eating? Yeah makes sense.” The pokemon in time out made her laugh lightly. She flicked through a quick response. imagining it in her mind.

ElectricJam: Gonna have to make a sign if it happens again. "I'm in the corner because I keep setting my owners bed on fire." Just don't let her eat the sign.

She plugged the phone in and moved to go make some overnight oatmeal and leave in her little fridge. It was pretty sparse picking in there but it would be fine for a quick breakfast before the trip. She figured she would spend the night chilling to music and maybe see if she couldn’t get Soda to bob with some real alternative rock.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Aurelius was finishing his dinner as a few scattered messages came through. Genevieve had made sure to help him get a brand new phone to aid him on the island, and was quick to get him set up with everything. She would message him quite often through the Nauwill messaging system, and though his face would light up or crack a small smile here or there when she did, he was unenthused with the ease of access that everyone else had with him. It had taken far too long with Gen to learn how to turn off messages from people you didn't know.

And then, he was nudged by a co-worker to become more hands on with the people on the island. Especially some of those within the rehabilitation program. Not only was he seeing a few of those people from time to time, but he was also being bundled into a group expedition now. Partially to oversee a few of the people in the group, make sure they were adjusting fine, and partially just to get him out of his room and office.

So when the last few messages came through, he would flick through them aimlessly, putting the last forkful of his seafood dinner into his mouth. Red eyes listless behind his glasses, though the picture of the little Fuecoco was absolutely adorable. He wondered briefly if it had purposefully set its owners room on fire, or if it had been an accident, before he pushed that thought from his mind.

Hawthorne: If there is anything anyone needs last minute, let me know.

That was really all he could think of to add to the conversation. With that, he would put his phone further aside to charge. Dishes would be cleaned, and then he would settle down in his comfortable chair with a book. Opening it to where he left off, Aurelius would pass a couple more hours with reading about Poke'mon behavior, before shuffling off to bed.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
rocabrillante: that sounds like fuecoco
rocabrillante: have you tried feeding her rawst berries before bedtime
rocabrillante: i have read it helps with fire accidents

Diego shifted, leaning back against the mountain of blanket he'd made behind himself. He'd only just gotten moved into a dorm proper, and he'd not had time to furnish it properly, but he did at least have the foresight to requisition some extra bedclothes before dragging his scant luggage into the place. He'd been chattering on the intranet, and he was admittedly rather thrilled to be picking up with an expedition group so soon after his arrival - though he was still tired from the trip. That had never stopped him from going out before, however, and the prospect of new people and new things was all too tantalizing to pass up.

He tilted his head as he adjusted the small laptop, letting out an exhausted laugh and small sigh as a soft nose shoved against his pajama-clothed thigh. The man moved a hand to the top of the affectionate mareep's head, rubbing her fluffy wool as she snuffled and softly bleated at him in short, sharp little notes.

"Ah, you're not getting in the bed-- it's too small! I barely fit! I'll get you your own as soon as I can, Isa, I promise, yes?"

She snorted, unappeased by his answer, and backed away from the bed, only to stage her protest by marching diligently in a circle; the tip of her tail sparkled as she swayed it back and forth along with the show, and Diego simply rolled his eyes - though after a moment he did think to snag his phone, managing to get a decent clip of the oddball to send to his new acquaintances.

rocabrillante: isabel has too much energy, i hope she saves some for tomorrow
rocabrillante: if there is a power surge blame her, not me
rocabrillante: (;
rocabrillante: see you all at eight

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Scratched Jade: I will take that under consideration.

Wen looked up from his phone from his perch on the washer, legs dangling as the sheets spun. Silver give a confuse noise, peering over the edge of the machines, legs splayed out for balance. The eevee sneezed, bristling slightly at the smell of laundry soap before trotting back with an displeased EEEE.

"It is smelly in here, isn't it?" Wen said tiredly, leaning back against the wall, the machine rumbling underneath him as he waited for the sheets to clean.

He had seen the shaming signs before... It might be interesting to do, if she set the bed on fire again... or anything. The rawst berries would need to be looked into.

Scratched Jade: Silver is currently telling me how displeased he is that the laundry room smells like detergent.

Wen clicked on the recording, holding up his phone to get a recording of the displeased Eevee calling out his displeasure and sneezing at the smells. A ding sounds as the washer chimes.

Scratched Jade: Whooo, In the drier now. An hour away from being able to sleeppppp.