Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Journey] Interviews among the destruction [Lex & Mei]

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lex hmmed under his breath, idly scratching Nimbus stiff fuzz as he mentally went over his list. Fat Kevin in his pokeball, check. Fairlight notification bs check. His phone, a recorder, notebook and art pad and various writing utensils. Water, snacks, some first aid supplies, a hoodie, and a pancho. That seemed to be about everything he could need.

"What do you think, little one? Ready to go out and explore a bit more?" He chuckled as the little bug crawled up the collar of his shirt, tickling his skin. "Guess that is a yes then, lets get a move on."

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
Mei was just leaving. She had prepared her things, and gotten ready to step outside for another adventure in Nauwill Grasslands. Today she was bringing with her not only Noodle, but Cloud as well. Hopefully today they will discover something fun and interesting. With Noodle following on foot, and Cloud in his pokeball, Mei was just about to set off on her second journey. This time she felt more prepared. She had brought a first aid kit, a sketchbook, some snacks (both for her and her pokemon) , water, and of course her phone. “Are you ready to leave?” she asked Noodle, petting his head.

The sentret happily bounced on its tail, ready to go. And as it bounced, it wasn’t paying a lot of attention to where it was going. It excitedly spun around mid-air, bumping into a nearby individual, Lex.

“Oh no! Be more careful Noodle!” Mei began, rushing over. “I’m so sorry,” she began to apologize to the stranger, as she scooped up the sentret into her arms. “He’s just a little eager to go on an adventure,” she explained, hoping this person wouldn’t be too upset with them.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Oooh, such a lovely sentret? I believe you said his name was Noodle?" Lex question, giving a soft little click noise at the pokemon, cradled in the young woman arms. "No harm done, I am perfectly fine." He reached out, checking on the joltik snuggled in his collar. Nimbus chrred peeking out at the woman.

"I'm Lex, and this is Nimbus," He motioned to the tiny top of the fuzzy yellow bug before the joltik slipped back down, hiding in his collar. "I do have another, but he is not the best behaved." Lex sighed. Fat Kevin was living up to the rat with wings title more then he wished. Little food thief. "Were you planning to go out?" He question. "Perhaps I could interview you? About your experinces on Nauwhil so far?"

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
"Oh thank you! Yes, this is Noodle. I have Cloud with me too, but he's in his pokeball," Mei replied, smiling at Nimbus and Lex. "My name is Mei. It's a pleasure to meet you both," she added. Her curiosity peaked when Lex mentioned another pokemon who wasn't as well behaved. She wanted to ask, but thought maybe it would be impolite. So instead she answered Lex's question. "Oh yes. I was just heading out. Would you like to tag along?" She didn't mind being interviewed. It actually sounded like it could be fun. "I'd be happy to answer your questions," she nodded, gesturing for him to follow her. She set Noodle back down and prepared to head out.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Thank you," Lex pulled out his recorder, clicking it on and looped it over his head. "I'm Lex Travae one of the social media interns for Fair light, interviewing Mei on her experiences in Nauwhil, we are about to head out into Newbreeze grasslands" he said clearly, and smiled charmingly at Mei.

"Alright then, first question, what brought you out here to Nauwhil?" He questioned. "Was it the chance to do some soul searching? The chance to adventure into the unknown? Or just an escape? There is no wrong answer," he soothed.

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
“Welll it was more to get away from my parents actually,” she began, feeling a bit awkward suddenly. She absentmindedly scratched the back of her head, but forced a smile. “We just didn’t see eye to eye about what I wanted to do with my life!’ she added, giving a firm nod, as a matter of factly. “I wanted to pursue art. But my parents were hoping I’d follow in their footsteps and be a doctor or nurse.” She sighed. “I mean I know that’s a great and respectable job and all. But what’s wrong with wanting to embrace my creative side a little.” She gave a small pout. “Anyway, that’s how I ended up here. I decided it was time for a fresh start. Where I could earn my own way sorta, and do the things I want to do.”

She watched as Noodle bounced ahead of her. “Remember, be careful,” she called out.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ahh, I am sure you are not the only one who decided to get away from overbearing parents. That could have been a possibility for myself if my mother hadn't divorced my father when she had," Lex replied. "So you have mentioned art, what sort of art are you considering? Traditional? Digital? Sculpture perhaps?" He asked, curious.

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
Mei was curious about Lex's comment but decided not to pry. Plus he was interviewing her. Not the other way around. Perhaps if she answered his questions, hed open up too.

"Oh I dabble in both traditional and digital art," Mei replied. "I like to paint with the help of my pokemon. But I also have a small webcomic going on the side. Or at least I did. It's kind of on hiatus until I get my situation here figured out more. I'm still exploring nauwill and saving what I earn for supplies. But it's been real nice earning a living here and working closely with my pokemon."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"How wonderful, perhaps you could show me some of your work and I could include it with the interview, some free advertisement." Lex jolted down a note to inquire more about the web comic latter.

"Is Cloud and Noodle your only pokemon or do you have more waiting for you at home?" Lex inquired. "Also have you given any thoughts in obtaining one of the starter pokemon offered in the Nauwhil enrichment center? Do you have any thoughts on the regional starters?"

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 10
Res: 2
"I would love to show you sometime," Mei grinned.

"Oh Cloud and Noodle are not my only pokemon," she said. "I actually have a two more waiting for me back where I'm staying. They both need a little more training before they go out on adventures with me. One is Seraphina, a trifox. And the other is Opal, an eevee. OH! And I guess I didn't tell you what Cloud is," she chuckled. "An alolan vulpix. He was a gift and had to be quarantined for awhile."

"To tell you the truth, I would love to recieve a starter pokemon from the enrichment center. But I wasn't sure if I qualified. Since I already had pokemon with me. I think the starters are especially cute. Especially bulbasaur. And it's so neat to see these Nauwillian variants. It makes me wonder what other vairants exist out here."

Mei continued to happily walk and chat. And Noodle kept close by. (Rolling for Event)

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 20
Res: 7
(Found an item! Rolling to find out what item is found.)
-found a potion.

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 6 1 3 3 13
((rolling to see if Mei sucessfully finds the potion))
ins + alert =4
successes needed 3.
((hopefully I did that right. lol ))

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Such cute names, " Lex replied, wishing that she would have brought the trifox, he would have loved to see one. "How did you find the quarantine process?" He questioned. "Did you find the care your pokemon received acquitted?"

"Aren't the bulbasaur's absolutely adorable? They are so pink." Lex proclaimed, they were his favorite of the starters. "Though I do love how fluffy the torchics are. They look like they would be so soft, that your hand would just disappear into the plush softness of the feathers."

(Lex can't get shit so not bothering with the roll)

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
“Hehe,” Mei chuckled. “Thank you. I enjoy thinking of cute nicknames for my pokemon. They’re my precious babies after all.”

“Oh yess, I think the care was excellent. Cloud seemed happy when I was able to pick him up. I thought he’d be a little fussy since he couldn’t be with me or family for awhile. But he seemed perfectly content.”

As Mei walked she thought she spied something in the grass. She squinted but there was nothing there. Oh well. She turned back to Lex, and nodded, gushing. “Oh yes! The bulbasaur are such a lovely pink. And those big adorable eyes and unique foliage. Oh and the torchic too! They look so fluffy! I would be lying if I said I didn’t want to touch one,” she laughed.

“Can I ask you a question?” she finally asked, working up the courage. “What other pokemon do you have? I met Nimbus. But you mentioned another?”

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Wonderful, thank you for the review." Lex checked off part of his mental check list. So many things to poll and so many questions to ask. "The starters are so precious," Lex paused, looking at Mei.

"Of course, ask away." He paused and grinned. "Actually I have a few, but the other one with me is Fat Kevin. He's a pidove, a rather mischievous little shit who spent a good part of his time stealing people's food. I am rather fond of him." He was a little feathery idiot.

"My last pokemon is a fusion actually. Ringo is an eevee but fused with a sentret so he has their distinctive rings. He is adorable but we are still working on trust."

Last edited:

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
"No problem," Mei replied. "I love the names you've chosen for your pokemon too. She couldn't help but chuckle a little at Fat Kevin. "They both sound wonderful," she said with a grin. "I've never actually seen a fusion with my own eyes yet. But they sound amazing. It's so exciting to think about that. As more are discovered, I can only imagine the thrill of meeting one in person. I wish you the best in developing your trust and relationship with Ringo too."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Thank you, the little guy has stopped tripping over his own feet. Though let's take that as a segue into some other questions. Nauwhil is a vast and unexplored land, what is your hope to discover here? New pokemon we know are out there but do you hope to find a certain type?" Lex asked, grinning. "Do you want to know the secrets behind fusion? Or find even some other mystery never known before?" He motioned over the vast land before them.

"Is there anything you hope to find the answers to, out in the wilderness and explorations?"

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
"That IS a good question," she said, stopping to think. "Well not only do I hope to find inpirastion for art. But I'd also like to discover an all new fusion one day. Maybe something that could help in the art world. I know that may sound odd. But, I think it'd be intriguing to meet a pokemon that ...I dunno could generate paint naturally or some other weird abilities. Like take smeagle for instance. What if it combined with something that changed the variety of paint colors available to see. Or had mutliple brushes. Wouldn't it be neat to find a pokemon like that?" She was beginning to excitedly ramble. She wasn't sure if she made sense, but it made sense to her.

She decided to reign in her enthusiasm just a bit. "But in general I guess I'd just like to know more about the world and wildlife and how it inspires others." It maybe sounded cheesy. But getting away from her parents to find her true calling was what she was all about. And that meant art~

((lol that was oddly specific sorry xD But one day I hope to get her a ninetales/smeargle xD maybe she just heard a rumor about it's existence or something. idk. ))

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"That was a fantastic answer, do not fear being enthusiastic about your dreams. Here that dream is very obtainable," Lex soothed, eyes bright at her excitement. "And so many other dreams, it opens such possibility." He twirled, laughing lightly.

"Okay, back on track! How do you feel about Fairlight's response to the storm?" He questioned. "We are seeing the aftermath here now, but how do you feel about the containment? Do you think they went too far? Perhaps a lack of communication? Or do you feel that they kept us perfectly safe as the town is still standing."