Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Kitsusagi Realms

[LOG] To Shimmerwave - Meta

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Zak - The Group makes it out of Coral Cove and into the open ocean. As a group they made it easily past the swirling random currents which seemed to be affecting the area around it. Now out into a bit calmer seas the group is able to relax a bit more during their travel.

They were fairly deep underwater because it was hard to tell where the surface was as barely any light seemed to be shining through. Or it just seemed that way based on the conversation about the odd weather patterns above sea it could just be that they are swimming under a storm and no light shown through to them. Either way it was fairly dark and fairly hard to see in front of them, but it seemed their guide Sidri knew exactly where they were going despite the fairly dark environment.

Sidri was quite quiet as they swam for a bit, as the mer was trying to adjust their pace so it was slow enough that the group wouldn't fall behind too much. "So" the alchemist turned their head towards everyone in the waters. "Tai Yang was talking about the his home and the other side of the gate before we departed. What is everyone else's homes like?" the aquatic question curiously, trying to start some sort of conversation in the middle of the silence.

Ren - Rose was struggling to swim at the pace the others had. Perhaps it was due to her being more apt to the land or air rather then the water. She kept her voice down so as not to affect the water breathing potion she had. “I live in Torreland.” She tried to push ahead a bit so Sidri could hear her. “I live with a water mage who makes clothes. I’ve lived a few other places but finally settled in Xalic with iki when he found me and pretty much just brought me home to give me a place to live. The town is pretty busy with a lot of trade and farmers. The folks there can be a bit loud but are rather nice though they have a thing about going all out for festivals. Still since they are farmers they know how to take care of plants and are happy to give that knowledge out.” She smiled thinking of the plants. She tended to like plants better then kitsu sometimes. "What is ... Shimmerlight or wave or where we are headed like?"

----------

Elen smiled hearing about her beloved home of torreland. She hadn’t met this particular kitsu from her land before but then she supposed the realm was a large place. “I’m also form torreland. The land has many fauna with large fuzzy ears like my own and kirin who have tails like rose and a single horn on their head as well.” She pushed to make powerful strides while swimming along her long hairs drifting a bit like her scarves while swimming. “Torreland has a large amount of farm land that looks like a sea of grain in a late sunset and tall mountains that seem to glow in the evening light inspiring stories and songs. We have a large river that threads along the land and there are vast forests teaming with life.” She thought she would give a broad overview of her homeland. "It is very pretty and perhaps sometime you could come and visit.”

Zak - "That does sound interesting" The mer replied to both Rose and Elen "It sounds like it has a bunch of different plants much different then those here" Now Shimmerwave, what should they tell them about that place, all the mer ever did when going there was trade potions. "Well ShimmerWave" the alchemist began. "Is considered one of the largest underwater cities with large bubble domes and waterways that connect them. If one wants to one doesn't have to get out of the water to trade before going on one's way. Someone there should know what is going on and how to fix it...I hope"

Irish - Finlay fighting to stay on course was lagging a bit behind but he heard the question posed to the group by Sidri. He contemplated how to answer if he should. He did not like divulging information that was personal in nature to anyone. He kept things close to the vest so he put his head down and let his arms rest as he tried to floar. He did not want to appear rude but he felt he had no other option although he closed his eyes his ears were open and he was listening.

Hoshi - Lucretia managed to keep her pace with the others, despite how much she was grumbling internally about her heavy ears and tails trying to weigh her down with every stroke.

"I spend a lot of time in my office," she admitted easily. What was the name of the small town she even lived in? She had an assistant to help with most things so she rarely set her own eyes on a piece of paper with anything on it besides her own scribblings. "It's just a small town that seems to sustain itself mostly off the forests near or the local farmers who trade their produce with the town for things they can't get at their farms." It had seemed like a nice, quiet place to settle down and do some writing projects when she'd first set paw in it. She really meant to put some effort in to meet the local residents, but....She was so busy with all her writing, it was hard enough finding time to eat. She really should put some effort into fixing that, too.

--------

Nalani, however, kept quiet during the exchanges. If Tai Yang was talking about their home, there wasn't much more she could add to it, since they lived in the same building and all. She was still holding into the shell she had managed to find during her trip, the only thing she'd been able to hold onto to that wasn't needed for anything. Not that she was lamenting all the coral and algae she had dropped in the currents. A shell was the best thing to keep that would stay as it was for as long as it was cared for. Besides, she had that nice shell basket at home to add it to.

Smiling, she opened the small bag on her waist and put it carefully inside, shutting the flap with a click barely heard in the waters.

Zak - About a half an hour passes and the scenery starts to change a little bit. A large cliff side to the right of the group dotted in bio-luminescent algae and bits of coral, to the left a small sized kelp forest. The algae gave the group more then enough light to allow them to see a tab bit further then the previous half an hour, the water currents seemed calm for the time being, the kelp forest bent with the currents in the water, swaying back and forth.

- Lucretia, Nalani and Athena managed to easily keep up with Sidri during the last part of the trip. At times possibly passing the pace of the mer.

Elen, Amber, Liang, Mister Danger Man, and Aurora barely managed to keep up with Sidri duing the last leg of the trip.

Rose, Tai, Cassandra, Finlay, Jared, and Beckett struggled during the past leg of the journey falling behind the group. During this next round these kitsu cannot explore the area and must only focus on catching up. -

"That seems....Interesting" Sidri replied to Lucretia. "I have a lab myself, mainly for potion creation, although lately I've been spending a lot of my time searching for new ingredients to create potions with."

Since they had quite a bit of a journey left to go Sidri decided to ask the group another question, after all they were spending quite a bit of time with each other and the mer wanted to know more about these strange kitsu. "So what are some of everyone's hobbies?" they questioned.

Ice - It was nice to be on the next leg of the journey finally there was so much more to see. Liang tried his best to keep up with the others. He still held back a bit even though it was hard. He noticed his father lagging behind a bit so he decided to explore a bit while he waited for his father to catch up. His mom of course seemed to have no problem keeping up with sidri. Liang chuckled a bit To himself he really should have taken more swimming lessons.

The biolumincent algae and coral really looked quite interesting so Liang decided to take a look at that while he waited for his father to catch up.

Middy - Aurora wasn't very fast swimming, she was lucky to be keeping up at all. So she wasn't trying very hard to go as fast as she could. She saw the kelp forest swaying in the current and she decided to go towards it and see if she might be able to find anything interesting. She moved her paws as best she could but she certainly was not the strongest swimmer in this party.

Sei - while paddling along, amber takes in her surroundings.

Irish - Finlay is struggling to stay afloat and notices the group getting farther away from where he is. Sidri's voice although irritating to him was non existent and that made Finlay panic a bit. He knew he had to attempt to catch up before he was left to his own devices to find a way out. Turning he headed in the direction of the last member of the group he could see and began to paddle swiftly but not overly fast to keep a even pace.

Zak - Liang noticed that this cliff side was much like the one they had been gathering ingredients from. Perhaps these little cliff pop ups were quite common around this area. Liang manages to grab a piece of stray coral, and a fish scale from the cliff before deciding there was nothing else to see and returning to the group.

Aurora notices a bit of a yellow and red flash out of the corner of her eye as she approaches the kelp forest. She may try to pursue if she wishes or return to the group.

If she decides to pursue it roll a mental followed by a physical stat. This is to see if you noticed the direction it actually went and how good of a pursuer you are.
Other wise she can return to the group with a piece of kelp in paw.

Middy - Aurora decided to attempt to go after the yellow and red flash, she was curious what it was. She didn't know if she would be able to keep up with whatever it was but maybe she would get lucky and catch a current or something else.

Zak - Aurora managed to keep track of where this thing had gone, following the irregular shifting of the kelp. However what ever it was, was quite quick as Aurora never saw a physical glimpse of it since the initial one. Though it seemed all was no lost, as the creature seemed to appear before Aurora quite pleased about the little chase it just had with her through the kelp forest.

As a newly found friend the guardian lead Aurora out of the kelp forest and then decided to stick to her side for the journey.

Middy - Aurora was so surprised and at aww to the adorable guardian. "Oh aren't you the most adorable guardian ever."

Irish - Looking around him Finlay saw a few Kitsu but he decided to keep to himself for now. The group ahead of him he needed to catch so he could get to the next place and home as soon as he can. He was getting tired of this water although soothing at first now he just felt water logged and slightly itchy and he did not like it at all.

Ice - Liang finished examining the cliff and headed back to the group making sure not to stray too far.

Tai focused mostly on keeping up this time. He did want to still examine the flora as he passed. These kits sure were in a hurry to get where they were going. But that was the advantage of being young. He couldn't help but quietly smile to himself as he swam along.

Irish - Finlay swam steadily but at a pace did not want to tire himself.

As he paddled slowly along he noticed things as he swam. He wanted to explore but knew he needed to catch up to the group before he got even farther behind.

Exploring he can do later now his goal was to get to Sidri the thought of sassing him made Finlay smile.

Ren - Elen Looked around able to keep up with Sidri but barely. She wanted to ask questions like what the rest of this realm was like and was there land but well she was underwater and the corals around her were interesting. Swimming closer she tried to investigate.

----------

Rose moved along a trick kitsu. She was struggling to keep up and nodded to the other. "Hello." She was amazed by surrounded terrain but it was distracting and she wasn't' a strong swimmer to start with. "what do you think we will be headed into that could change a current and make the underwater like this?"

Irish - Finlay was daydreaming about sassing Sidri when he heard a voice say "Hello" and then a question of some sort.

Slowing his place even more he looked over and saw a dark haired Kitsu who seemed to be struggling with the current.

Looking them over he said "Knowing Sidri he has a fun plan for us, tis time probably steal something from some type is sea creature or collect useless trinkets to keen himself amused"

He started to tread water to allow the other Kitsu time to get their balance so to speak in the water.

Ren - Rose Ren's mouth twitched. it wasn't a smile but it was close. "somehow I doubt our guide would do that to us. they seemed rather perturbed when we met them. something must truly be wrong in shimmerwave"

Irish - Trying not to laugh Finlay turned and said "Perturbed? Now here I thought that was due to me." "Needling him some is to much fun to resist."

As he turned to began swimming since he was getting closer to the group in front of him he said " I am Finlay"

Zak - Elen spotted a few tiny fish bobbing in and around the corals. It seemed like this was its own tiny exosystem brimming with life. Nothing else catches her attention.

Another half an hour passed and the cliff side and kelp forest were long behind the majority of the group. The area around the group became quite open, with small bits of ocean plant life floating along in the currents. Which were becoming once again a bit irregular, coming from seemingly out of no wear and pushing against in fairly random directions.

Elen, Lucretia, Nalani, Amber, and Athena had a pretty easy time keeping up with Sidri during the last leg of the trip.

Liang and Aurora struggled to keep up with Sidri's pace but did not fall behind.

Finlay and Cassandra managed to catch up to the rest of the group with a bit of extra energy to spare.

Tai, and Rose, did not manage to fall further behind the group. However they did not seem to make any ground on the group a bit ahead of them. Mister Danger Man fell behind the group joining both Tai and Rose.

Jared and Beckett fell even farther behind the group, both beginning to lose sight of the group itself.

The random currents hit the group and scattered them into Multiple directions. Those with Fish Lung potions lose another half an hour to their effect.

Amber, Cassandra, Finlay, and Aurora were flung further down towards the ocean bed. Here the water began to grow icy cold, causing everyone to shiver. (Those who have cold intolerance in this group the disadvantage is now active)

Sidri, Athena and Rose were flung upwards nearly reaching the surface of the water. Here the currents and waves seem much stronger then the ones at the level the group had been traveling at.

Liang, Lucretia and Elen were flung backwards back towards the kelp forests in which they had just came.

Tai and Nalani were flung forwards, arriving at the edge of a very large deep chasm.

----------

"Is everyone alright?" Sidri questioned hoping everyone stayed together, but alas that had not been the case. It seemed like they and two others were flung away from the rest of the group. Glancing about the mer could not find any of the rest of their group in sight. The rough water was not idea, especially for someone as weak as they were. Of course finding everyone would be the ideal situation, but Sidri wasn't sure how that was gonna happen, the mer knew where they were going, but they did not see where everyone else had gone. "Now what?" they questioned the other two wondering if they had any ideas

Ren - While she had been swept up by the current Rose had closed her eyes and tried to tuck tight out of panic. Then she ended up opening her eyes and seeing sidri and the bright kitsu. None of them were strong types she thought. That did not bode well. She took a moment to gather her thoughts. “Are either of you able to use message?” she couldn't but she wished she could right now and she didn’t know if the other two could. “If there was a way to leave a message or show the others were we are going I know it would be better to be at a point were we could catch our air when the potions run out.” She tried to keep place in the water with the other two dreading ending up alone.

Zak - "I cannot. I haven't really put much effort into spells, when my interest lies in potions." Sidiri replied. "Well we where almost there. All that was left of our journey before this happened was crossing a giant chasm, and Shimmerwave is not to far after that. But I do have a feeling that it would be better to cross as a group then by one's self. As with everything be a bit chaotic I'm not sure what will happen." they explained.

"If we can get to Shimmerwave your air problem is no more. The city has several air pockets around it and multiple currents and tubes connecting to them for fast travel. A mer who does not wish it can stay in the water if they wish without needing to be on dry land."

There was another pause. "I think our best bet will be to find everyone and then continue together. They can't have gone far...I hope."

Ice - Being flung backward, Liang started to look around, two of the kitsu from the group came with him. the giant fauna name Elen and the golden scribe fauna named Lucretia. As he continued to look around he started recognizing the area. They'd just come this way. "Are you two alright?" he called out to the older kitsu. He wondered if his parents were alright though he didn't see them. Frankly he didn't see anyone else and that was somewhat concerning. he had to keep a level head, Sidri who knew the area might come looking for them so they should at least try and make it back to where they were separated. Provided the other two were alright. He swam toward the female fauna to make sure they were alright.

Ren - Elen felt like her head was spinning from the current. She was glad she has been able to stabilize herself before she had ended up lost in the sea. Her ears twitched in the water. “huh? Oh yes. I’m alright I think. Well mostly I feel like I’m still spinning even though I’m not.” She shook her head to try and clear it. “I think that could have been fun had it not been so scary.” She wondered vaguely if fish kitsu rode currents for fun sometimes as it seemed like something she could do if she could survive it. “How about you two? Are you both ok?” She looked around clearly very lost. “I don’t see anyone else do you?”

Middy - Athena shook her head "I do not practice magic at all." She looked around "I agree we should find the others somehow, is there something we can fashion together to help guide others to us? Or do you think my wing glow might draw the others to us?" She suggested.

Aurora was thrown in the current yet again, she was a water mage but she really needed to improve her strength so she could swim in these currents. Even with Sango's help she had been unable to handle this current and she found herself shivering cold and unsure what to do. "Sango do you know this area?" She asked shivering again.

Sango shook her head. She looked around and didn't see her kelp forest home and had no idea where they had ended up.

Aurora looked around at the other kitsu who had ended up swept in the same direction as she had. "Any ideas what to do now? Should we try to swim to the surface?" She didn't think staying here in the cold was a good idea.

Irish - Finlay thought himself dreaming. One moment he is swimming steadily with a dark haired Kitsu beside him next a current hit out of nowhere. He was flung about like a bob in the water. Then cold, icy bitter cold water all around.

Looking around to get his bearings he noticed a few other Kitsu were with him and one was speaking.

Taking a few moments to collect his thoughts he answered "I for one do not wish to stay down here I am already detesting the water due to my skin being itchy swimming upward may be out best solution."

Zak - "I do have a general idea of where we were, so we could go back and then use your wings to try to signal to everyone?" the mer replied. "How far does the light from your wings go? how long does it last?" Sidri questioned not familiar with the abilities of other Kitsu.

Middy - Athena thought a moment and then she said "It will last for about an hour and I think it will shine about 50ft." She sighed "I suppose it would take a lot of luck that any of them at that close, but regardless I don't think we should go to far if we start going and miss the rest of the group."

Zak - "I don't know where everyone else got flung. But I think it may be easier to return to were we were flung and group up there, who knows some might not be too far from there." they replied

Ren - Rose listened and nodded. “Well that makes sense. What if we tried to get back to where we were at and then set up a night light if we need to as I for one can’t be shouting.” She pointed to her mouth since she took the fish lung and remembered she shouldn’t shout. “We should hurry though as if others are as lost as I feel they would have no idea how to get back.” She tired to smile to reassure the other two but she felt very lost in the water. “so please lead the way Sidri. I’m not a strong swimmer but I will do what I can.” She looked at the other kitsu and felt assured by the other angelic being there with her. Even if the light didn’t spread far for them to see she hoped that the light would be bright enough for others to see them in the waters. Like a candle in the dark. Those trying to use it to see couldn’t see far but that candlelight could be seen on a dark night for quite a ways. “once we are back if the others aren’t there already you might end up being our beacon.”

Middy - Athena nodded in agreement

Irish - Finley looked around and decided that he wasn't sure how much longer he had with the potion so he figured the ones in his group would follow so he slowly began to swim towards the surface.

Zak - "Sounds like a plan. I honestly am not a strong swimmer either. As I spend most of my days out of water." Sidri replied. "But lets try to head back, as I'm not very fond of these rough waves" With that Sidri began to swim downward trying to aim themselves the best they could in the direction they came.

Ice - That was a relief Elen was alright she seemed a bit shaken understandably so. He had a few hours still on his fish lung potion. He'd rather not get too far behind. They might not be able to catch back up. "Yes I'm alright, thanks you," The young kitsu pointed at the kelp. "We were just here so I think we were thrown back." He said swimming over to lucretica to see how she was now.

"We're probably going to have to catch up, since we don't know the area."

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Hoshi - During the whole adventure backwards, Lucretia had been giving out a silent scream, too putrefied to give it much sound. She did not like water at the best of times and here she was, who know how far under the ocean, being hurdled backwards like a crumb going down the drain. Give her a rampaging God to talk to, anything but this endless ocean to deal with!

Arms flailing wildly, the cream Fauna threw out a paw to whatever was nearby, snatching a bit of swaying kelp. The momentum of stopping flung her a little in one direction, until her head felt like it was going to sprung off her shoulders.

"F-fun?!" she cried in panic, shaking her head wildly, ears flopping. She grabbed onto her lifeline with the other paw, pulling it closer to her until she was nearly hugging it. "I never want to do that ever again! No more baths!"

----------

The current suddenly hit Nalani while she was distracted looking at the world around her, flinging her back in the direction of her mate. Not that she could have done anything about it, of course. She wasn't even a great swimmer, let alone a Mer. Still, she had enough experience with the currents already, so she tried to calmly ride it out, trying her best to reach out with a paw towards Tai Yang whenever it brought them closer together, to grab onto whatever part of him she could. Better they stick together than both getting flung out even further away. She managed to snag one of his tails at the very last second that all the shaking stopped. With her free paw, Nalani grabbed the edge of some coral to avoid pulling on him, letting go to use both of her paws to hold on.

Looking around, she didn't recognize where they were. But than that was another obvious observation she was making in a row, wasn't it?

Swimming closer to Tai, she bumped her shoulder against him for comfort. Knowing neither of them needed it. There was no blood in the water, so nothing serious.

"How's your first adventure through a gate?" Nalani grinned. "You're not too banged up, I hope?"

Zak - Sidri watched as both Rose and Athena were able to cut through the harsh currents fairly easily. Where they struggled a bit, falling a bit behind them. "Go on ahead!" They called out and then pointed with a paw in a vague direction, speaking once again. "If you go straight down and that way you should get back to where we started, roughly. The quicker we can find everyone the better. I'll catch up"

Sei - Amber and Cassandra nodded at the others. "Lets try swimming together to the surface, atleast let try to get to warmer waters at minimum" Cassie shivers.

Middy - Aurora nodded in agreement "That is a really good idea, together we have a better chance of making it up then we would trying to swim alone."

Irish - Finlay was a short distance ahead of the other Kitsu but heard their conversation.

Turning he said "I agree I can wait here until you are caught up with me then we can move up towards the surface. This cold combined with the water is making me frustrated my skin is so water logged it itches" he sighed.

Ren - Rose nodded and moved forward the direction that sidri pointed trusting the aquatic kitsu though she had been surprised about their comment of staying on land more then the water. So were their islands here or something more then underwater cities or did they mean they stayed in underwater cities in the dry zone more. It was rather confusing when she didn’t know what the realm was really like. She should ask more when sidri caught up.

----------

Elen chuckled. “Well no more baths seems a bit crazy but current riding certainly isn’t fauna friendly.” She tried hard to make a joke so she wouldn’t be scared. She coulfn't really manage a full smile but a shaky one she gave the other fuana would have to do. It was easier to look at things with a laugh then being scared. She looked at the kirn they were with who seemed to have more sense of where they were then she did. “Ok since I don’t now tails from ears in this water I trust you lets go the way you want.” She nodded to the Kirin as after all they were a kirin so she trusted them for certain. It may be a bit of a biased on her end but she had never met a bad kirin before. “after all we made it this far so lets keep going before our potions run out.”

Middy - Athena moved with Rose to head in the direction that Sidri had pointed. They needed to get the group back together. She wondered if there was some way they could stay together better so they could help those who couldn't swim as well.

Zak - Rose and Athena were the first ones to make it back to the spot in which they had all started, well at least in the general area of the spot, but if anyone else had the idea of trying to return where they were they would be able to seen a meet up.

Middy - Aurora looked at the other kitsu with her they were going to swim up to the surface but they needed to decide who would be in the lead. "Alright so who is going to lead? It should be someone who is good at keeping an eye out maybe we can find some of the others." She wasn't sure of that but she was hopeful anyway.

Once Athena arrived at the spot with Rose, she looked around and then activated her glowing wings. She was hopeful that it would help guide the others to them and in turn they would be able to take everyone back to Sidri. "Let's hope this works Rose." She said softly.

Ren - Rose was looking where they were going to be headed as the wings of the other angelic lit up. "I hope sidri catches up soon, and everyone else." she looked out into the waters hoping they wouldn't be lost in the ocean depths. It was rather scary the idea of being lost in the ocean but she was very glad she wasn't alone in this place.

Middy - Aurora decided to take the lead going up to the surface, she hoped she would be good at this and she felt like she was swimming at a good pace this time with her guardians help. She didn't think she would have done nearly as well without her. She looked around as she swam for any sign that they were going the right way and perhaps would find the others.

Irish - Looking around he just nodded his acceptance of whoever wanted to take the lead. Quite frankly he just wanted to get to the surface did not matter how.

His attention was caught by one of his group who was swimming along so he followed behind close enough to hear but far enough back to observe the area around him. He felt like something was watching him but could not see anything. The frigid cold of the water just be getting to him.

Ice - Liang nodded to elen in agreement. Elen,he noted seemed to be holding together better than Lucretica but he still wanted to reassure them both. "It'll be alright miss lucretica, and miss Elen well get back in no time." Liang moved a bit in the direction they'd just come from. "Shall we swim together?" He asked offering each a paw. "It'll be harder for currents to take us again if we are together"

----------

Swimming steadily, Tai finally thought he was going to catch up to the others, then suddenly everything was spinning. He could feel himself flung, though instead of panicking he allowed himself to be taken by the current to prevent himself from harm. He shifted himself and followed where the current took him.

Honestly even with a bit of danger it was a little fun. One of the perks of being a luck kitsusagi he never usually worried to much about the unexpected. He wasn't entirely concerned with where he was going to end up. He noted the water temperature hadn't changed much either, yet which was good.

He had felt a paw on one of his excessively fluffy tails. He glanced behind him and smiled as he righted himself and bit better. His wife had come with him in this current of all the kitsu here. Not that he'd ever mind spending time with her even in the most perilous of situations. He smiled at her first before a grin crept to the corners on his mouth.

"We should go again don't you think? it was quite a valuable experience." He began looking around he definitely didn't recognize the area, since he'd never been here before. They were probably going to have to wait till someone found them. He turned around to gaze across the chasm

"My what a view," He spoke to both Nalani and himself. Quite breathtaking, this was why he traveled for so long to see the beauty of the world.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to take a look around, while we wait for sidri. " He started nosing around careful not to go into the chasm. He had a feeling there would be more currents over there and without their guide getting lost further was not a great option.

Zak - Lucretia, Liang and Elen were the first group to make it back to Athena and Rose. Swimming quite easily along as a group.
Amber, Cassandra, Finlay, and Aurora struggled quite a bit on their way up. Either due to not being decent swimmers or because of the cold. About half way through their journey Aurora noticed the soft light from Athena's wings, like a giant nightlight in the dim light of the depths. Quite like a beacon to the group.
Tai noticed along the edge of the cliff that not much grew here, as it seemed quite barren of both plant and aquatic life. Almost as if most seemed to avoid this crevice in the landscape. Peering into the chasm Tai could not see very far as it just ended up being black nothingness and quite foreboding. Out of the corner of his eye Tai noticed a dim light in the distance quite straight behind them possibly from the same direction the current had taken them from.

Middy - Aurora pointed out the light to her group, she could only hope the light would lead them all back together so they could continue their journey. "Look there's a light." She pointed her paw in the direction they needed to go.

Irish - Finlay heard one of his group mention a light. Curious he looked around and saw a very dim light and was immediately shocked. Stopping he floated for a small amount of time before catching himself and answered her.

"Odd there is a light but it may be a way out of here" he nodded his head and turned to head off.

Ren - Rose waved to the kitsu coming back. “Hello there welcome back.” She looked over the others. “any idea who is still missing? Sidri will be catching up soon.” She didn’t want to say she hoped. But she was hoping.

Elen was very glad that Liang could get them back. She looked rather chipper in the water. “We made it back.” She looked at the glowing angelic kitsu. “You make a great nightlight in the water. It’s really pretty to see in the water.” She blinked several times looking at the majestic site and had to turn her head and blink a few times.

Hoshi - Lucretia thought about it. She was very tempted to just stay here, clinging to the seaweed as she was. It was making a wonderful security blanket. At least until another current hit her and than she'd just go tumbling even further back, but with a bit of kelp in her paws. That sounded so much worse than just going along with the group. At least if she went along with the group and they got caught in something else, they'd go tumbling back together. They'd have weight.

And also the prospect of remaining here by herself was making her want to panic even more. So, with a simple nod, she took the offered paw and tried her best to overcome the weight of her ears and tails to not be a burden on the two helping her.

At mention of a light. the Fauna started to panic a little once more. Oh, what monstrosity was it leading them astray in this darkness? There were terrible creatures deep under the ocean, she knew. She was too terrified to use her common sense that, if they were down deep enough to see the anglers that lived at the bottom of the ocean, they wouldn't be able to survive the depth.

Fortunately, it was just another group. Lucretia breathed a sigh of relief, making tiny bubbles in the water.

----------

"Of course you would say that," Nalani chuckled. "Unfortunately, not all of us are so blessed with luck. I am good with one ride."

Stretching out her front legs, she watched passively as Tai Yang moved away towards the edge, still not feeling very worried or concerned over him. He was always fine. For the most part. Must be nice being a Luck, though she benefited from it herself by being around him. And sometimes didn't benefit, if it shifted more in his direction.

She looked back where they had come. The ocean was so quiet. Save the fish that darted about every so often, kind of empty looking, too. All the life was near the bottom. She guessed this must be what it's like to look at the sky from above a tree-top. To see all that space above them.

Blinking a few times, Nalani narrowed her eyes at what looked like a light in the distance. As she remembered, there was at least one Angelic in the group. Having grown up with them, she was no stranger to their ability to light up. Given she also wasn't very experienced with the ocean, it could just as easily be something else. She wasn't sure if she wanted to risk it. They were fine here, for the moment.

Following behind her husband, she tapped him on the shoulder, taking hold of the edge of the chasm herself so she didn't float away. "I see a light back there. What do you think of it?"

Ice - Liang gave Elen a nod before turning to the golden fauna "You're doing really well Lucretia." Liang encouraged the Fauna. Liang looked around, aside from sidri everyone seemed to have returned with the exception of his parents. He took look at rose who had spoken, He had a feeling wherever they were they somehow ended up together. "Just my parents but knowing my dad he's probably trying to get his nose in something."

But the angelic was helpful with a beacon they'd probably be back shortly. He floated in the water beside Lucretia to keep her company since she was the one who was the most worried.

----------

As he admired the landscape it seemed a bit more ominous, but still holding it's own beauty. he noticed the fish tended to stay away from the chasm too. He cast a smile back at his wife "You, are very blessed you found me after all." He gave her a bit of a tease back as he noticed the light as well.

He pat his wife's paw as she'd tapped his shoulder "I see it," Pondering for a moment he Swam a bit closer toward it moving away from the chasm. "most likely one of the angelic kitsu among our party," it was most likely the direction they'd come. they had their back to the chasm. "Perhaps we should make our way there?" He looked at his wife, waiting for her response.

Zak - With the group mostly together. They decided to continue to the edge of the chasm via sidris instructions. Arriving at the edge the group met up with tai yang and nalani the last of thier larger group. Still sidri was no where to be found. With several members of thier group on a time limit they decided to cross with out thier guide.

Ren - Rose looked at the group glad they were there. “I know Sidri isn’t here yet but that potion will run out for some of us sooner then others. I think we should cross this chasm. I can say the currents up higher to the surface were stronger then the ones at the level we were on so I don’t think swimming up higher to cross would help. I’d prefer to cross quietly if we are able after all who knows what’s down deeper in the water. Like how really big fish are deep in a lake. “ She hoped that made sense but she didn't really know what it was like in the deep parts here. maybe one of the others could tell as she was just someone who had gone upward rather then downward. “I hope we could go a a quick but safe pace maybe with a few weak swimmers like me paired with a stronger kitsu? Unless someone else has a better idea ”

Middy - Athena nodded everything that Rose said made sense. "Agreed I'm fairly strong so I can help the weaker swimmers."
Aurora was nervous she wasn't a strong swimmer but with her guardian she hope she would be lucky enough to be able to handle this.

Irish - Finley listened as one of the Kitsu who was speaking to the rest of the group.

There were several options opened to the group and he had considered each option awaiting someone to speak before he did.

In all honesty all he wanted to do was to get to the other side to at least get on land eventually so his fur would stop itching him and driving him insane.

He had no thoughts of the real reason why he came on this trip all he keeps thinking about is how waterlogged his fur is and how itchy his skin is becoming and it's grading on his nerves and now Sidri is nowhere to be found so he has no one to irritate and that is making him more grumpy

He turned to the one speaking and said "I agree with what you have said I am a decent swimmer it's just my fur feels quite waterlogged and I'm quite itchy but if anyone needs my assistance getting across, I will gladly help". Looking around his.mknd went into overdrive on the next part of his plan.

Zak - As you start to cross a cold current springs up from the chasm dropping the temperatures to near freezing. The current isn't harsh like the ones you've encountered before but like a small trickle only seeming to drop the temperature of the water around it immensely.

Hoshi - No sooner had he spoken than it seemed the group had found them on its own. Nalani swam over to her son to bump her nose against his cheek in as affectionate a greeting as she was likely to give. Especially around strangers.

"Alright there, Liang?" She was going to settle in and wait for a response until the rest of the group started making plans about what to do. Had they always needed to cross it? She couldn't remember much of what was going on sometimes with how much her head had been swiveling around to look at the environment. "We've been here ever since the currents threw us. It's been pretty quiet." Moving away from her son, Nalani crouched back near the edge of the chasm and looked down. Nothing but blackness. Probably damn cold, too. "If we must cross...We could just hold onto each other's tails. groups or not, put the stronger swimmers at the front to help pull the weaker along."a

Hoshi Lockhart

Station Visitor
D
Zak - Nalani, Tai Yang, Cassie, and Athena slowly made their way across the Chasm, keeping as quiet as they could as the crossed. The temperature of the water was near freezing towards the middle of the chasm. The group working together managed to push through this cold making it safely to the other side. With what ever lurked in the darkness below never the wiser.

Like the first group the second group made it across the chasm. With what it seemed to be a bit more ease and at a bit faster of a pace then the first. Finlay however, feels like someone from somewhere is watching them. Such as the sinking feeling was in the pit of his stomach.

As the group makes it half way across the chasm. Something begins to wrap around Amber's hind leg pulling her down into the darkness. Upon looking below you see this spine covered, many legged monster pulling Amber towards its sharp beak-like mouths. The creatures size was roughly the size of a regular sized Kitsu if not a bit bigger.

Aurora noticed something odd about the group still crossing. There were only two kitsu in clear view, and the third of the group seemed to have vanished. Aurora has two options this round.
Either to let the rest of the group know something is wrong, or to start making her way towards the group still crossing

Middy - Aurora looked back at the last group that was crossing. She frowned not seeing one of the group. "Guys I think we have a problem, I don't see one of the last group members, we better go back and check on them." Her tone was filled with worry.

Zak - The creature still grasping on to Amber's leg with its own pulls her in and tries to bite at her using its beak.

Middy - Athena heard what Aurora said and she agreed that there might be a problem. It could have been as simple as someone having trouble swimming so she started back to back sure the last group was alright.

Ren - Rose Ren listened to the worry in the other's voice and sighed to herself. She didn't want to head back but the other kitsu was right she should head back to check just in case after all she was a slow swimmer and it could be that. She turned and swam back toward the other group to see what was holding them up and offer to help if she could . There seemed to be some kind of commotion going on as she headed over

Irish - Finlay heard a member of the group speak. Turning around to hear better he understood that one of the group seems to be missing.

Just then the feeling of something watching him under the water came to his mind and he pondered if hee eeally was being watched or was his imagination.

Only way to be sure was to swim back and find out. His mind was in overdrive but he said.

"While swimming in the cold water I had a feeling something was watching me. Honestly I thought it was my imagination now not so sure" he nodded at the others and headed back.

Zak - Finlay still has the feeling of being watch. The feeling is not coming from out where the last group is but from else where.

Hoshi - For the most part, Nalani was ignoring the deep and dark chasm that lay spread out before her. She couldn't see any end or beginning to it, but than that would be ignorant to think she would be able to. Part of her really wanted to get up and explore it like she would have done so many years ago. That, too, would have been ignorant and extremely reckless. Had she really not grown up, yet?

When a yell came from behind them, she thought little of it. The ocean was large, it was possible someone got lost or maybe caught up in another current. Maybe they fell back out of fear of what was below them. Nalani turned around to go back, giving Finlay a quick glance. "Some times those instincts are there for a reason," she said on passing.

And maybe it was right. There seemed to be more going on near the back of their group than they all were thinking.

----------

The Fauna took a giant gulp, looking down into the long darkness below her. That looked ominous. And as if it was hiding something very big and very scary. She didn't much like ponds as it were, but this was even worse. The ocean was so unexplored, who really knew what was deep, deep down. Maybe the Mer. Maybe once all this was over and she'd destressed with a year inside her office, surrounding by her precious books, she'd venture out far enough to ask a Mer about the ocean. There was nothing else Lucretia loved more than gathering knowledge.

Except maybe writing about spectacular adventures from the safety of her comfy office chair. This would definitely be the last time she ever ventured inside one of these gates.

So of course the crossing wouldn't prove to be easy, would it? She tried her best not to look down, but when a commotion stirred something in the darkness, she couldn't keep it up and looked down. Just in time for the large tentacle to shoot up and grab onto one of the others in her group. With a shriek, Lucretia flapped her arms and legs to move back as fast as she could, stunned into frozen fear at what she was looking at. She should help. She wanted to help. Her body refused to listen to her brain.

Sei - "Help! Help!" amber screams while trying to defend herself.

Zak - Sidri arrived at the other side of the chasm, although they were much higher up above the spot where the groups had crossed and slowly began to cross, trying to keep an eye out for the rest of their group, wondering if they got across safely.

Ren - Elen physically clawed at the beast in hopes of freeing amber and getting the other kitsu free

Sei - Cassie turns back and rushes to move in close to help her friend.

Ice - As they traveled he was glad to see his parents up ahead. They were alright as he'd thought. Of course his dad being a luck did really help. "Yeah Mom!" Liang gave her a cheerful smile. Though he was still alright considering. But before he'd been able to talk more it seemed everyone started crossing. His dad and mom went first He watched them both for a bit as they made their way shakily across but they made it and he breathed a relived. Liang then made a mistake and took a look down into the depths.

His turn came up shortly after and suddenly he hesitated, the trench felt uncomfortable. Liang didn't want to go through with it. He breathed. He held back, until he couldn't anymore and finally went through. He tried really hard not to look down. But as they continued the pace seemed to stabilize and it seemed alright. Nothing seemed to be amiss. as they reached the other side of the trench he swam over to his mother and father just to be near them. It was safer there after all. He didn't feel great though about being afraid of the trench, how could he be a good adventurer like his parents if he was afraid of something like that?

The last group started coming over and something was going on. He'd even seen his dad go over to the edge of the cliff and take a look.

As his mom took off after hearing the other kitsu, Liang did too following after her. He noticed the creature holding on to one of their party members. Liang couldn't have helped but think it would have been awful if that had been him. It was kinda weird but dad said there were all sorts of things in the world. Maybe they could feed it something to get her free?

Tai Was the last to start swimming over as the others began to engage the creature. Tai wasn't really excellent in any forms of combat but, perhaps he'd be able to help console the rather panicked Fauna. "It's alright Lucretia, the other's will handle it just fine." he spoke calmly as he came up beside her. "No shame in being afraid."

Middy - Aurora hurried as fast as she could to get to Amber who was in danger, she should have thought to go faster when she first noticed one of the kitsu was missing. She hoped she would be able to get there and help quickly.

Zak - The creature took the attack from Elen, letting go of Amber in the process, only for the tentacle to whip about and take a crack at Elen.

Middy - Athena moved forward quickly to join in the melee with Elen. She used the only thing she had on had since she didn't have a weapon using her paws to attempt to claw at the creature.

Ren - Rose looked at the others. "Those who can't fight let's try and pull back and make this thing stuck back at the ledge behind us. I am sure where there is one thing there there may be more." That chasm was deep after all. She took a swing at it with a paw but was ready to leave once the trapped kitsu had been freed.

Irish - Finlay saw one Kitsu look around and speak. Their words made sense maybe there was more than one.

Looking around he tried to see under the water but to no avail.

Knowing he had no other choice he moved towards the thing and took his paws and tried to claw it. The force of his swing made him go backwards in the water with a loud splash. Sputtering water he mumbled "embarrassing" before moving back towards the creature.

Hoshi - Nalani reached the back group in time to see a previously caught Kitsu being released from the grip of a large tentacle. Giving a shudder, she gave little hesitation to charge in after it as it appeared to not want to give up any prize that easily, slashing out at another one of them. While the others went to swinging their claws, she tried a different approach. Going for a spot closer to the tip of the tentacle, Nalani made an attempt to clamp her jaws around it, giving as fierce a bite as she could.

While Lucretia continued to cower away from the horrible thing. She'd grabbed one of her tails floating all around her and was hugging it for comfort, muttering about water and making feeble attempts to encourage herself into action. Maybe if it wasn't a giant tentacle, very likely attached to an equally giant creature she didn't want to try and look into the darkness to find.

"Hope so...." was all the Fauna could manage to say to the Luck.

Sei - Amber, now free, looks around and decides to sing to inspire her companions. This is to give them additional +1 dice to physical.

Zak - Sidri upon hearing the struggle of the now very large group below them their attention turned that way. Ah, there they were. Finally the mer had caught up to the rest of the group. "Hello!" they called out pretty obvious to what was happening, as all they could really see was the group and not the creature under them. Sidri swam over "I finally caught up." speaking nearly out of breath as it seemed to take almost everything just to catch up to them.

Ren - Elen waved Sidri toward the others and tried to move away from the beast below. She had taken the blow from the beast but the other kitsu was free the main goal she had was to flee and get away and make sure others could as well. “lets get going away from this.” She wanted to help others cross and get away from this thing.

Sei - Cassie decides to try to attack. She readies her claws and scratches at the beast.

Ice - Liang watched as everyone was hitting the creature. Having no spells on him during this was a bit of a disadvantage. At least they had some good fighters. His mom being one of them. Liang waved to Sidri as they came closer, having a thought liang swam over to Sidri. "Do you know anything about this creature Sidri?" Maybe they could drive it away instead of killing it. This was probably it's home and they did intrude after all.

----------

Tai pat Lucretica on the back "there, there, it will be fine look how well they are doing." He smiled confidently it looked like most of the party was handling it well enough. She was terrified and he didn't think any amount of comforting would help. But he stayed by her side regardless. he wasn't really one for front line fighting. "See Amber was freed," they would probably finish soon he hoped.

he did wish he could help a bit by offering some protection perhaps he might try, He decided to try and focus on one of the other front line fighters maybe he could protect them from here. He tried to focus on multiple initially but it started to make his head spin a bit. No He had to focus on one of them, that way if they'd get hit he could take the damage for them back here and they'd be able to continue fighting. Nalani however was the easiest to focus on, he never wanted his wife harmed by anything. Getting the sense it didn't work he was a bit frustrated, but that was life. he had a feeling he might be able to make it work the next time. hearing a familiar voice he turned his head

Ah Looked like Sidri had returned. Tai had expected Sirdri would have been able to help them avoid this danger knowing the area better than them.

"Lucrecia look Sidri has joined us again."

Middy - Aurora attempts to fire a ray of water at the creature, hoping to drive it away so they would be able to continue on their way.

Zak - An inky cloud erupts from the creature covering the entire area in darkness, attempting to blind everyone.
Every one but Aurora becomes blinded by this ink cloud. This gives the creature + 1 to its attacks against all of you.
However several moments pass and it seems the creature fled as it and its tentacles disappeared back into the darkness of the chasm which it came.
Battle has ended and every one returns safely to the otherside of the chasm for a quick breather.

Middy - Aurora sighed glad her plan had worked, she had hoped they wouldn't have to kill the creature.

Ren - Rose moved toward Sidri. "Welcome back." She looked around they were all there. "I know that was scary but shall we continue toward Shimmerwave?"
Elen was wide eyed and rubbed the spot on her body where that thing had hit her. "Sidri what was what that thing?"