Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

Loves is in the Air (Aurora & Cupid) [Discord Log]

SSBrosB

Long-Term Resident
D
Aurora was lazily lounging on a cloud right outside of his cabin home in Whimsnow Peaks. Ever since the marketplace event with all of those Changelings that had apparently been re-introduced into the pony fold, he hadn’t been doing much of anything. Hanging around, doing his job delivering mail around the region, and otherwise just thinking to himself. But that was part of the problem with being a bit of a loner. He didn’t really have any urge to hang out with any of the other ponies, and he was fine with that. Most of them annoyed him, so he stayed away. But… he couldn’t help but be bored now. He was thinking of going and visiting Winterbloom, just to see what the town was up to. He made the decision, kicked off his cloud, and flew down to the ground. As soon as he had done that however, he was sure that he could hear… well something. He wasn’t sure what it was, and lifted himself off of the ground a little to see what may have been making the noise.

She was sure this was the right address. She raped her hoof on the door again. Mumbled something under her breathe, checked the note and groaned. She had been her now sister-in-law with deliveries and was absolutely sure Prancer had messed up. Who in their right mind would order ice cream in the Winter territories!? She sighed and gave up. The enchantment on the ice cream was about to fade, and it wasnt cold enough outaide for it to stay firm. "I'm gonna kick him."

Aurora was confused when he saw a reindeer Pegasus morph rapping at his door. She was cute he had to admit, but what she was doing here, at his cabin, at this time, was a total mystery to him. He flew down and coughed a little, trying to alert her to his presence before he spoke. He took a moment to figure out what he was going to say, but inevitably whatever would come out of his mouth was going to sound rude anyway. “Why err…” Ugh, how did other ponies find it so easy to talk? “Is there a reason you are knocking on my cabin door?” Of course, it came out rude. Of course, it did. Now he had to make sure that the reindeer wasn’t insulted. “I’m sorry if that came out rude. I’m just not expecting any packages. Are you sure you have the right address?” Maybe that sounded better? He didn’t know. It sounded like he apologized and then went straight back to rude again.

"Cause my brother is an ABSOLUTE bone head." She sighed. "I apologize. I hope I didn't disturb you too much." She checked the condition of the ice cream. "He gave me the wrong adress for this delivery. I'm still unsure why someone would want ice cream out here."

Aurora couldn’t help but let out a breath that could have been considered a snort/laugh. He liked the reindeer’s attitude at least! He waved one of his hooves. “You’re fine. I don’t usually get… visitors, so I was curious as to what was going on. I’m sorry that you’re uh, ice cream, was sent to the wrong place though.” He did wonder why any pony would want ice cream here too. Perhaps it was supposed to go somewhere in Winterbloom instead? Didn’t they have some sort of specialty ice cream shop? “Unfortunately, I don’t know anypony that would want ice cream here, but maybe I could still help out?” He did feel for the reindeer a bit. It would stink to have to come all the way out here and have the wrong address. “I’m Aurora by the way. Is it… okay if I ask your name?” Was this how polite conversation was supposed to go? At this point he was just winging it.

"Cupid. Pleasure to meet you. Even in this odd circumstance." She smiled. "Oh don't worry about it. Melty has a heart of gold and won't be upset. Prancer is most likely already out to correct the delivery." She opened the bag and pulled out two small containers. "Might as well enjoy these." She checked what was in which. One was rocky road and the other was plain vanilla. "Would you like one?" She offered both containers so that Aurora cold pick first.

Aurora raised an eyebrow. Cupid was an… interesting name. “Well, it’s nice to meet you then Cupid. I don’t think I’ve ever met a pony like you, but I don’t get out too often.” It was true. Sometimes he had to even be dragged out just to go and get basic supplies sometimes. She mentioned someone named Melty, didn’t know her, and then Prancer? Whoever her coworker was, they all had… interesting names. That was all he could think. “Interesting”. He looked at the offered containers and then back at her. “Are you sure?” He didn’t want to get in trouble. Or be tricked into paying for one later. He would if he had to, but that meant he would be taking no more freebies ever! “I’ll take the Vanilla one then. My favorite is Mint Chocolate Chip, but Vanilla is fine too.” He said, taking the container and taking a lick out of it, happy that he could taste the creamy concoction. “Wow, this is good! Though it would probably be better to go inside and eat it.” He said, opening the door to his cabin and then looking back at Cupid. “Do you want to come in? Though I don’t want to keep you if you have other deliveries to complete. But if you want to come inside and sit and eat it, we could get to know each other a bit more.” He shrugged as much as he could. If he was “flirting” he didn’t know it. He just found the reindeer a bit interesting!

She gave the other a smirk. If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have offered!" She laughed a bit and kept the other container. "Mint Chocolate Chip, huh? I'll have to remember that the next time I mess up a delivery." She rolled her eyes a bit, internally reminding herself to have a strong chat with Prancer. She smiled at his reaction to the ice cream. "Melty makes everything from scratch. She has serious talent for making ice cream." She nodded. Her head titled slightly. "Oh. No. This was the only one I had." She had blushed a bit. It was rare when she got attention like this. She was usually playing matchmaker and taking care of her kids. "I think I'd like that." She smiled and took the kind offer.

“I can always order it to and request you as the delivery reindeer.” He replied, giving her a wink. He wasn’t usually this… “flirty” was it? He didn’t know, but she hadn’t been annoying him at all and had actually made this little exchange… pleasant. Which was something that he rarely experienced when it came to talking to others. It was quite a nice change. He watched her as she trotted inside of the cabin, and quietly closed the door behind him. He flew over to the kitchen to get a few things to make eating the ice cream easier and then went back to Cupid. “Here you go, a few spoons and other things. You can use them if you want.” He relaxed a bit more inside of his cabin. He always felt comfortable here. “It’s much nicer in here than out there right?”

"Well aren't you a sly one." She felt the blush grow a bit warmer. For being somepony she just met Aurora was rather appealing. He was witty and kind. Was this what flirting was like? She chuckled and accept the spoon and other stuff. "Your home is beautiful..." She was almost too distracted to eat. "Its a lot nice then the usual... Whites and blues outside so yes. It is indeed much nicer in here." She smiled at the other. Did this happen to other delivery ponies? Getting invited into lovely homes by handsome strangers?

Aurora could feel his face get a little hotter, though he wasn’t sure if it could be seen or not considering how dark his face was. He hadn’t had a conversation like this in a while though. Perhaps he should have more random orders to his cabin? Though it was supposed to be hard to get to for a reason… but maybe Cupid was growing on him a bit! “If there’s one thing I loved about getting out on my own finally and away from my parents, though I still visit them, is that I got to completely decide what my cabin would look like. I may have had some help in terms of sets and stuff to get and staying within a budget, but it’s cozy enough for me.” It had a very nice fireplace and a few couches, along with a second floor which had his bedroom and one of the bathrooms. The kitchen was more modern and darker. He had been told that dark stuff showed more, but he was a dark-loving pony, so the black granite was perfect for him.

She couldn't help but to chuckle. "I don't have to worry about my parents. I have 8? Other siblings, three kids of my own and I'm soon to be an Aunt. Our family expands rather quickly." She smiled. "But we're there for each other so ita nice." She had found a spot near the fireplace and sighed happily from the warmth. "I like the mash the modern style tucked within the rustic style of the cabin. The dark colors aren't overbeari g and the splashes of color you have really stands out." She looked over to Aurora. "Is it just you here?"

“Wow, that is quite a large family!” Aurora said, a twinge of sadness in his voice. He had… no pony. His parents had, unfortunately, passed on at an early age and he didn’t have any siblings. Perhaps that was why he didn’t like to be around other ponies much. They reminded him of the things that he didn’t have. He tried not to let it ruin the mood though and smiled when she finished describing them. “I bet. It sounds like you all truly care for each other.” He replied, following her to a spot near the fireplace and sitting down, using one of his wings to scoop the ice cream. He nodded. “Yeah, I live alone. It’s been nice having my own cabin, but it gets lonely sometimes here you know? I do like the decoration though, it’s kind of nice being able to decide what to put where and how to style the place.” It had taken him years, but he had finally gotten enough bits to live comfortably. So when the cabin had become available, he had some serious re-work done on it, especially considering the fact that it was a “fixer-upper”. “I’m glad you like it though. It might need a bit more, but maybe you could come back and give me some suggestions if you have any?” He threw out a way to try to get her back here without having to have it be about her job, or another mistaken delivery.

Cupid smiled. "I'd like that." She had already finished her ice cream and set it aside. "I love my family but its nice to be somewhere so calm and relaxing." She took out a small notepad she used for her delivery notes and folded the pages with the adress to the cabin. "Who knows. I can always takw you to Everville. They have a variety of things over there and its usually nice just to browse." She laughed. "You'll likely run in to some of mt family there as well."

Aurora took the note from cupid and put it in his important papers basket. It wasn’t very full, but he needed a place to put it before he decided where! “I’m sure a lot more ponies like all of the hustle and bustle of the city, but I like it out here. Sometimes I’ll catch myself having just sat and read a book for a while with no interruptions. It’s quite nice. You can come here anytime you want.” He replied, hiding a blush. “I think it would be fun to visit. Or at least check out what they have. And I wouldn’t mind meeting your family!” He did wonder what her family was like, he was interested to see how the reindeer looked different and the same! He gathered up the utensils and dishes used to eat the ice cream and set them back in the fridge when they were done. When he came back, he looked a bit embarrassed but decided to ask what he wanted anyway. “If you want… you can spend the night if you want? That way it will be easier to fly back in the morning when you’re all rested up. But you don’t have to if you don’t want to! It’s just a suggestion!” Luckily any blushing that he did couldn’t really be seen. However what did happen was that the green on his face did get a bit brighter when he was embarrassed. “If not I can go with you on the way down? I mean, I know you can probably find your way, but you know, for company.”

Her eyes watched Aurora as he did what he had to. "I'm sure they do. It's... a hit or miss for me." She shuffled a bit. "Their are days I like it. Its entertaining and there is always something to do. Others I wish I had somewhere like this to be." She instantly blushed as he mention she could come anytime. "I-I... Uh. Would love to visit more often." Perhaps she'd be able to read as well... snuggled next to something warm... like another p- She shuck the thoughts from her head. She laughed a bit. "I think you'd like them." She smiled and glanced around the home of Aurora again. She was so comfortable he might have to kick her out in order to leave. She knew she had to go home soon. "M-me? Stay here?" The flight back was going to be a pain, more so cause it was starting to get later on in the day. She was blushing even more, which caused even more thoughts to roll through. "O-only if you don't mind. I don't want to take up your space." [Smooth... Live up to your name for once!] She cringed inwardly at herself... She was acting how Prancer was around Melty Dreams! Puppy love... a simple crush right? As she thought it was just a crush she felt a slight pang in her heart... like she didn't want it to be just... a crush and niceties.

Aurora nodded. “You don’t have to stay of course, but I would love to talk to you some more.” Somehow, he was being quite smooth right now, though he really didn’t have any other intentions as of yet. But perhaps if they were to get to know each other a bit more, something may come of it? “Of course, I don’t mind. I just invited you to stay, didn’t I?” He replied chuckling. He knew she was being polite, but he was the one who had introduced it. “I have a spare bedroom if you’re worried about anything. But we can make dinner together or something and talk longer by the fireplace. I… haven’t invited anyone else to do it before.” Why had he said that? “You seem interesting though, so I want to get to know you better. And what better way to do that then dinner and some long talking. Or talking about books. It can be simple topics. But I really would like you to stay.” He looked a bit serious for a moment, before shaking his head. “It’s up to you, but I’m not frivolously offering.”