Animal Country: Big City

Mayoral Office White Elephant Exchange! [ACBC] {Closed}

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer

It looks like there's been a few gifts accidentally left out of the big ol' giveaway - we promise it's not because some of them are rather ... questionable. They're definitely all very good gifts, we assure you! It's just that there's so many some slipped through the cracks. That's perfectly normal in a place as big as Big City, right?

Still, we can't have all these gifts sitting around going to waste, so the Mayor is here to host a lovely game to make sure all of these presents find good homes. All of the wonderful staff have helped set it up, of course, but to give everyone a chance to play, he's running it all on his own this time. So what are we going to play?

We're going to play a white elephant exhange, of course. You didn't think that Mayor Polli was going to be nice and give everyone exactly what they wanted for end of year, right?

If you're not familiar with how this works, it's pretty simple. Once all the players are selected, I'll randomize turn order. Then, starting from player one, a person selects a box; its contents will be revealed. Then the next player has the choice to select a different box or steal the prize from the first player! Then player one would have to select a new gift - since they've already gotten in the game, they can't sit empty handed - and the round would end. During the next round, player three has the choice to pick an unwrapped gift, or steal an existing one - starting the chain of stealing over!

Here's a detailed account of how the game will work, but no worries - I will be here to give directions and tell people what they should be doing. Someone's got to be around to organize all the gift images anyway, right?

The game starts with all players being giftless.

During the start of a round, the next person in the list chooses a present to unwrap or to steal a gift from someone else.

A gift may only be stolen once per round. If A steals B's gift, B cannot steal it back, nor can C steal it that round.

A gift may only be stolen three times total. Once the steal counter hits 3, that present is out, and whoever holds it gets it.

Once someone chooses to unwrap a gift instead of steal a gift during a round, that round ends and moves to the next.

Once all gifts are opened and every player holds a gift, there is one final round of stealing with special rules. Player one may swap their gift with any other gift as long as that gift hasn't been stolen 3 times. Then that player may swap with any other except the one most recently taken from them, as long as it hasn't been stolen 3 times.

To sign up, just post your interest below. If we have more people than presents, we'll make a waitlist; there's no guarantee of a prize from the waitlist, but if any player takes more than 24 hours to respond, they will be replaced by a waitlist user.

Last edited:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
Okay! I'm going to start this early since we hit 14 users - @Nashawryn you'll be on the backup/wait list in case anyone else fails to respond for 24 hours!

I've randomized using random.org, and the turn order is:
  1. Poe
  2. Moonie
  3. Shaddaling
  4. ֆɦǟʀӄɮɛʀʀʏ
  5. Porcelain Pinch
  6. ChexaRain
  7. lLuminI
  8. Sesshiyasha
  9. Niyaru
  10. Revel
  11. Ellanoire
  12. MamylTheComet
  13. Wish
  14. Seimei
@Vintage Poe We're starting with you - please select the letter of the box you want to unwrap to start round one! I'll have a prettier post format after this. ;3