Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

More To Life Than Cookies. (Pumpkin Glow x Briar Patch)

Moonie

Veteran
D
Briar had visited The Pumpkin Chariot quit often. When he had first asked for he the exchange with one of the other clerks it was odd. He mentioned really enjoying his last batch of good and demanded to speak with the proprietor of the fine establishment. Perhaps they must have thought him to be a food critic, but no, it was just him happy to see Pumpkin Glow again. After that he would just ask, waiting outside for her with treats to share. He was always willing to wait for customers to leave. He didn't care for crowds anyway and The Pumpkin Chariot was a popular bakery. He had been pondering a question for Miss Glow. He was hoping he could steal her away from all the busyness of the bakery to accompany him to dinner.

He pressed his nose against the glass and saw that the customers have severely dwindled. He fixed his mane as best he could, fluffed his chest and walked in. He greeted the other workers by name and asked once again for Pumpkin Glow. Feeling his heart already dancing in his chest.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Pumpkin Glow had been so nervous the first time that Briar Patch had actually come into the store and asked her. She'd stumbled over herself in front of her workers and was certain he wouldn't return again, after she'd made such a fool of herself. Yet again he came, sometimes bringing things with him, sometimes not, but his company was a treat in itself, which she had mentioned to him before.

In fact, seeing him had become rather usual lately. So much so that her heart did not leap into her throat with fear, but rather thud excitedly in her chest. Her tail curled into a heart behind her,, but she scrambled to straighten it before she made the journey downstairs. She spotted him almost immediately and her large ears curved forward towards him. She offered him a bright smile, practically beaming at him. She paused to tell her head worker to watch the store in her stead. They should have plenty of stock that she wouldn't need to bake anything more for the day.

"Briar!" She said as she approached. "I'm happy to see you! If you're here as a customer, I could wait over there..." She gestured to a table in the corner of her shop, among others for the customers who wished to eat in the cafe rather than rushing out. "Buuuut, if you're here as a friend," She smiled slyly. "Then I should like to take you, well, upstairs." Where her kitchens were, but also where one door away, her bedroom was. The thought of it made her face turn red. "Because, well, I've been playing around with a new recipe, and well, if you don't mind." She kicked gently at the floor. "I'd love you to be the first to taste it." She told him, staring at him so intently that she was unaware her tail had curled back into a vague heart shape. @Moonie

Moonie

Veteran
D
"I get to be a taste tester! I would be honored!" With her excitement the question he had on his mind was shoved out by the thought of getting to see where the magic happened. He had a silly fantasy in his head that Pumpkin Glow's Kitchen was akin to that of fantastic factory and he had the golden ticket to visit it. He melted at her beaming smile, how could anyone deny a request after getting dazzled by it? He couldn't contain all the excitement and wiggled in place.

He took a deep breathe. "There was something I've been wanting to ask as well." He looked over for her reaction. "N-Nothing serious!" He added to assure her. He followed her towards the kitchen and chuckled. "You actually have no idea how excited I am! I uh... Have a silly thought about your kitchen and how awesome it is." He tried to hide a blush. "I'm sure it is awesome though!" He nodded confidently. "You always seem to be around, its almost like you live here!" He laughed at the new image in his head. Life in a bakery. Sleeping in a huge loaf of the softest bread and sheet of fondant as a blanket. Silly yes, but it was amusing to him.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Pumpkin Glow, well, glowed at Briar's enthusiasm. She had suspected, well, hoped that he would be so eager. He enjoyed so much of her other treats, whether they be pies or tarts or cookies. The latter he had admitted to enjoy the best upon their first meeting. It had inspired her to try and expand her cookie variety, which in turn lead her to the creation of this recipe. Oh, Dreamer, she hoped that he would like it. She'd made it with him in mind... No, it was more than that, really. She'd made it for him.

"I'm relieved to hear that you're up to the task!" She said with the beginning of a laugh in her voice. Her ears perked up at the notion that he had a question, but it seemed to be swept away by his excitement in regards to her bakery. Well, she'd ask about it in a moment. Her cheeks warmed, but not for embarrassment as he went on about how excited he was to see her kitchens.
"Goodness, well I do hope you aren't let down. I'm afraid it may not be everything you make it out to be." She admitted. She hoped the sight of her kitchens weren't so utterly underwhelming that he didn't want to visit anymore. Was there a chance of that happening? Should she have decorated it in some manner that he may have found enticing? She beckoned with her tail for him to follow her. "Well, come on then. Let's see if it lives up to your expectations." She said, only to laugh at his last comment.

She hadn't realized that she'd not informed him about her living arrangements.
"I do live here." She told him. "Though not in the kitchens. My bedroom and kitchen are separated." Barely. She thought, but pushed that thought aside. She started up the stairs ahead of Briar. At the top of the staircase was a hallway that had only one door. She pushed it open and was greeted with the comforting smell of pumpkin spice. That scent always lingered in her kitchen, even on an occasion like this where pumpkin was not the center flavor of the cookie she'd made that day. The wallpaper of her kitchen had pumpkin print. Some of her dishcloths were orange. There was a table in the center, made out of a a sturdy, glossed wood. There were counters that had marble counter tops, something that had cost her a pretty bit to have installed in, but it was worth it. There was everything a kitchen should have. It was equipped exactly like a bakery kitchen would, but... at the corner was a smaller fridge and a smaller sink. Her personal utilities, not for her job. She hoped he wouldn't move to open it. She would have to explain why there was so much chocolate in the fridge-her guilty pleasure. Fancy chocolates, not pumpkin spice cookies, was what made her mouth water. She wasn't sure she could stand for him to find out and laugh at her over it. She was well aware of the irony of her taste buds.

Beyond the kitchen there were two doors. One that led to the restroom, yes, bath and all. The other that led to her bedroom. Great Dreamer, had she even locked that door? He could go through her personal fridge all he wanted, but she would die of embarrassment if he saw the state of her room.

Turning, she looked at Briar Patch warily.
"It's not much..." She admitted. "And I'm sure it's not quite what you may have been, um, hoping for, but... it's practical. And the real magic is in the pastries..." She shifted her hooves in her growing anxiety. Was it unremarkable? Did he hate it? Was he bored already? Was he still willing to be her taste tester? "What... do you think?" She asked tentatively. @Moonie

Last edited:

Moonie

Veteran
D
"Let me down? I highly doubt it." He laughed and was oblivious to the heartlike curl in her tail. He became stricken with the smell of pumpkin spice. He took deep breathes and took in one of his favorite scents. "Mmm... It smells so good in here!" He sauntered around the kitchen. Admiring everything, from the wallpaper to the towel accents.

"Oh. You do live here." He then saw the other doors. "I'm assuming thats the door to your room then?" He nodded towards one of the doors and felt his cheeks get warm. So close to her room. He could only imagine what was inside. "It really is amazing!" He was conscientious about shedding hair in her kitchen and tried keeping his tail close to him.

"Isn't much? Its much bigger than our kitchen at home." He looked over all the different tools used for baking and wondered how each worked. "So.. you have some new magic for me to taste?" He grinned at her, still wiggling from excitment. He now felt bad he didn't bring anything for her this time.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Pumpkin Glow almost stumbled over herself to get between Briar and her door to her room.
"Um, yes, but I assure you, th-there's nothing in there of interest." She told him quickly. "It's just a plain ol' bedroom, nothing to see there, h-h-honest!" She tried to swallow her rising panic, moving instead to the oven, where the cookies were laying on a tray inside. Pulling out the baking sheet, she revealed... what looked like plain sugar cookies. Sure, they were a little larger than normal, but on the outside they weren't remarkable.

She placed the baking sheet on a marble counter and then pulled out a plate from a lower counter. She moved to put translucent gloves over her front hooves, before she moved the cookies by hoof onto the plate. Once they were on the plate, she grabbed a bottle from the larger fridge. It was white, but in shape looked almost to be a tipped ketchup bottle. She squeezed one end and drizzled over a simple vanilla icing over all of the cookies. She put the bottle on the counter and moved the plate onto the middle wooden table.

"I realize they don't look like much, but they're more than meets the eye." I hope. "They're apple turnover cookies. Like the ones I bake in the bakery, but... cookie form! They have a crunchy sugar cookie exterior, but once you break through, you'll find the center of the cookie to be the same cinnamon apple mix you'd find in a typical turnover it's the same filling. That's why the cookies are a little bigger." She explained and gestured to the plate. "Be my guest and please, um, be honest." She said, ready to commit any complaints or notes he had for her cookie to memory. @Moonie

Moonie

Veteran
D
He jumped a bit as Pumpkin blocked entry to her room. "Don't worry! I'd never go into your room unless you gave me permission." Even though he was still blushing at the thought of being to her room. He was curious why she was so defensive about it... Then again. He'd be a little embarrassed if she walked into his room. He wasn't the tidiest individual but he room wasn't trashed... just, slightly disheveled.

As he watched her prepare the dish, he was already licking his lips. "Apple Turnover Cookie!?" He took one delicately and took a bite. The filling was so good! Though the sugar cookie might need a little something else. "Have you considered trying Brown Sugar cookies? It would complement the filling more but would more be like a Dutch Apple Pie Cookie." He took another bite. "The filling is really gooey and the apple still have a bit of crisp to them." He nodded and grabbed another. "What made you think of this recipe?" He took a seat and enjoyed the cookie, curious to know her thought process behind this amazing cookie.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Pumpkin Glow looked somewhere between embarrassed and relieved when Briar assured her that he wouldn't go into her room without her permission.
"I really do appreciate that." She informed him with a smile. "I...I've never had guests up here before, so...I don't really know what to expect." She admitted. "So your respective attitude is very much, well, appreciated." She noticed a faint glow to his cheeks and was certain that glow was mirrored on her own face. Or maybe he was only glowing on account of the wisps that swirled around his head.

At his suggestion of brown sugar cookies, rather than the white sugar she had used, she nodded.
"That's a good idea!" She said and moved to open one of the drawers, pulling out a writing pad and a pencil. Brown sugar cookies. She wrote and underlined it twice. "That will provide a sweeter, richer taste, too." She reflected. She circled the note for emphasis and then set the pencil down.

Turning back to Briar Patch with a smile, she watched him sit down with a second cookie. Safe to assume he liked them then, she thought with a shiver of delight. Then, when it came to his next question, she picked up a cookie off the plate herself.
"Pumpkins are my specialty, it's in the name of my store... and of my own name, heh. But I thought it would be worth a try to expand into other autumnal treats. Apples are a classic and my own apple turnovers I've made in the past have been pretty popular when I've made them." She shifted her hooves as she added. "I was trying to figure out a way to modify an apple turnover, when I realized, well... Cookies are your favorite and it would be so nice if whatever I were to make would be something you enjoyed. So, I set to work on making them into cookies." She glanced at the second cookie in his claws with a smile. "And it looks like I've met my goal, that is to say... You do like them, don't you?" @Moonie