New Year's Stew

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Let's get a little OOC.

There's no way around it -- this year has sucked, more than most others, if not more than all others combined. That being the case, though, this year is almost over! So here's to 2021 - and hoping all the dreams, aspirations, desires, gains, and whatever else we want to see come true. I know I am wishing the best for all my loved ones - which includes probably all of you reading this; aren't you?

What better way, then, to really kick it off than by sharing some of those dreams with one another? Thanks to @Nym, we can make a fun game of it too!

Using at least half of the words below, and in at least three sentences, tell me about one or more of your resolutions for the coming year! There's no form to fill out this time, and I'll be rolling the winner of this adorable sanjaru sometime on New Year's Day. [01/01/2021]

Code:
brake  |  seize   | father
death  |  title   | wealth
subway | predator | dance
coma   |   frog   | experiment
embox  |  pound   | cream
strip  | football | copyright
entertainment | movement

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
seize father
title
wealth
predator
dance
frog
copyright
entertainment
movement

Within the next year I hope to bring some more entertainment to this world with a book title of my own world. Well, one of them at least before they were under seize by the depression predator. Let's just pray that I have the foresight to copyright my book. I hope to honor my late father who passed before this whirlwind year, with a little more movement to my daily life. If I do manage to come into some minor wealth perhaps I can celebrate with a little dance and helping my friend rehome her frog.

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
I'm so grateful I had my father to fix every engine seize and squeaky brake when I was a kid. Growing up in a family where we had no title and no wealth regardless of who in the family might succumb to death, life was like being caught in a subway, having to dance from train to train to escape some unseen predator. All adrenaline, all fear, all the time - every movement I had to pound out against the pavement.

I can't believe how much that rang true for just this year alone. All Adrenaline, All Fear, All the time. It was like being trapped in a coma during an experiment, uncertain if I was going to wake up a frog for someone else's entertainment; like the commercials during a football game. No matter how you try to strip it down, this year was nothing worth getting a copyright over.

But, if you embox it all, compartmentalize it, and just remember the good times; the memories that are the cream of the crop - because those are the things to wish for. Wish for the Good.

Wish for the Coming Year to be bright, and happy, to have moments that will fill the holes in your heart like missing a father who is too far away to fix the car when it goes astray.

Wish for moments that bring security in all forms, emotional, financial, and even mental.

Wish for the next year to bring you completion, love, and everything that gives you peace.

Embrace what you have experienced and been through to make you who you are, and wish for everything it has taught you to need.

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
brake | seize | father
death
| title | wealth
subway | predator | dance
coma | frog | experiment
embox | pound | cream
strip | football | copyright
entertainment | movement

I'm really bad at this, but let's see; I hope in the new year to obtain a better source of wealth, because if I don't I'm pretty sure Father Time is going to whack me in the back of the head for taking so damn long. Since I'd prefer to avoid destitution and death, I'm going to seize the opportunity for the new year to bring a little bit of entertainment to peoples' lives by getting BS's main features up and running! I'm only one frog and I can't do it alone, but I know shark is ready to dance to my every whim (at least as project planner) and won't even think about putting on the brakes, so I feel like movement is inevitable. This little experiment is going to be great, so I'm looking forward to stripping it down and building it back up into something amazing.

I think that pretty much sums up my hopes for the coming year - so thanks for the game and happy new year to everyone~

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Alright, closed!
(Let's hope those all those resolutions and dreams come true, no matter who RNG picks.)