Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Newbreeze Grasslands] Seeking out the forgotten

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lex smoothed his skirt, the lavender cotton panels tugging slightly in the breeze. Pale leggings peeked underneath and ended in tall converse shoes. A fluttery pastel rainbow shirt completed the ensemble. It was cute, pretty, and he was rather sure he would be fine wearing it in the grasslands. It had like bugs, birds, and sentrets and not much else and no too many obstacles that could trip him up. It also seemed like the best spot to work with Tempest to get the new acquired and out of quarantined Ratatta use to him.

Fat Kevin could use some exercise. That wasn't attempting to steal other people's dinners. He walked through the scenic rolling grass, looking for the best spot to set up the tripod and camera to film some of Nauwhil beautiful untouched nature.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
This was it! The serene rolling waves, the beautiful untouched sands, the gently waving coastal grasses that contained a tint of pink in the grain tips weighing them down. Lex set up the tripod and camera, focusing it in before standing in front of it.

"Greetings! Today is another beautiful day in Nauwhil!" He motioned out over the beautiful rolling waves and the the scenic coast. "Today, I'm in Newbreeze Grasslands, a beautiful coastal grassland that has been explored completely and for most of us, the first place of exploration on the island. This area is home to many small poke'mon. You will find your sentrets and your pidoves, but also two native variants of well known poke'mon and one pokemon that could a product of convergent or parallel evolution... I am terrible at telling them apart."

He laughed, smiling brightly at the camera. "We have also have discovered that Lapras might be native to the area. If you listen closely you might here just a small snippet of their song on the wind. We have not found their nests or prefered habitis but multilpe were seen in the bay during the group effort to clean up the storm debris. A few were captured."

"But in this area, the pokemon the most intrest to you! Are the nauwhil weedle, the nauwhil scatterbut, and the Lefmew! Today I am hoping to at least find a few of them to show off to you all at home. I'm going to leave this camera up here and rolling to see what we can capture here while I explore the near by area for a poke'mon or several to capture. Wish me luck!" He called, beaming and giving a peace sign to the camera.

He walked over, checking the battery, made sure the tripod was set above the high tide mark, he shouldn't be gone much more then thirty minutes at a time but he really needed the camera to stay nice. "Alright, lets go and do the thing. "

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 10
Res: 5
The screen flashes and exciting music plays...
Current Word Count: 471
Total GEs Earned: 1
GEs Already Used: 0

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Max: 100
Res: 6
5A group of newly hatched pokémon scurry out of a den at your approach.Startled Pokémon4
what did we find

We found some lefmews!

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 3 4 3 2 1 5 5 6 1 30
Lets launch a research ball at them
5+3+1
Succesfull capture!

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"What a extortionary find! These round plant poke'mon are Lefmews. Note the two leaves on their heads, and the large ears, and tail. They do have some resemblence to Johto's Hoppip's but green and legless. They photosynthsis and have no teeth so don't worry about being bit. The do float so there is a possibilty of getting one of these velvety little fluffs in your hair! These little guys are very small and likely just hatched by the egg shells scattered about." Lex narrated, focusing his phone camera on the adorable pokemon leaving a hidden den in the sand dunes. "Aren't they adorable? Let's see if we can catch one."

He put his phone away, crouching against the dune and lobbed a poke'ball at the small overly cute mass. It landed, capturing a small leafmew in the ball, shook once, twice, and then pinged.

He took out his phone, focusing on the red ball. "Look at that, we got a sucessfull capture. Let me snag it, and we'll go on and see what else is intrested in being on camera."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 6
Current Word Count: 651
Total GEs Earned: 2
GEs Already Used: 1
pokemon encounter - leafmew- captured in research ball

The weather is warm and a pleasant breeze blows up from the ocean below. All party members can recover 1 VIT.Heal

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
The weather was beautiful today. Lex gave a pleased noise, leaning into the breeze from the ocean, and laughed, pulling out his phone to film the small lefmews as they used the breeze to lift into the sky. "We are in luck! A breeze from the ocean has swelled up, and the new hatched lefmews are taking their first flights. Listen to their adorable cries! And those flaps of their leaves to get more air! How adorable."

"These creatures are mostly velvety soft fur and very sociable, listen to them talk to each other. These pokemon will likely remain together their entire lives unless captured. They are very social, and when other lefmew are not around will gather with other poke'mon." He filmed untill they disappeared over the hill.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 9
Current Word Count: 780
Total GEs Earned: 3
GEs Already Used: 2

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 4
9You come across a group of foraging pokémon before they hear you.Startled Pokémon3

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 2 5 1 3 1 4 3 1 2 22
"And here are likely the adults, see how they are mostly burrowed in the ground with just their leaves and ears above the ground? These are hiding from predators as they photosynthesize. Being buried helps keep them cool and regulate their body temperatures." Lex said filming the colony of lefmew he stumbled on with his phone. "Let's see if I can catch one, and see if I can't get them to pop so you can see how they leave the ground."

He picked a second research ball and launched it into the group, causing the pokemon to scatter in surprised as they were startled.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Well, we didn't have any luck with the adults but wasn't that fascinating? How they pop out, almost as if they squeeze themselves together to pop out of their burrows and catch the first breeze they can feel." He filmed them rising.

"Take notice how much more strongly their leaves are. In just two to three flaps they are floating serenely in the sky, unlike the much younger hatchlings we discovered earlier that needed anywhere from six to seven to even get air borne. This and many other discoveries are waiting for you on Nauwhil."

He saved the vid, sliding his phone back in his pants before scooping up the research ball and adding it back with the others. Better luck next time he found a pokemon.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 1
Current Word Count: 1011
Total GEs Earned: 4
GEs Already Used: 3
Pokemon- lefmew- research ball
heal
Pokemon- lefmew
heal

You find a cache of sun-warmed berries, ripe and ready to enjoy. All pokémon can recover 1 VIT.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lex snapped his fingers. That was right, he was going to let Fat Kevin out for a bit to excersie. "Alright," Not that one, that one was Ringo, and not that one which was Tempest though he should let him out sometime soon. Nimbus was likely still sleeping, there it was! Lex picked out the ball decorated with wing stickers and unlatched the lock, letting Fat Kevin out.

"What do you think Fat Kevin? It is a nice day for you to get some air, float on the breeze, fly," he suggested, as the little pidove tipped his head, giving a cooing noise and then floated away on the breeze to dive into a bush of something.

"What did you find now?" Lex questioned, walking after the pidove, pulling out his phone to capture the glutten going to town on a berry patch. "Well, it is time for an update on the one and only Fat Kevin. Here he has found some of his favorite berries. These are Grepa berries and as you can see, he can't get enough of them. Just look at him go. He's going to pick this patch clean if I let him... but we'll let him have a few more before recalling him."

Fat Kevin messily tore into the grepa berries, juice slopping over his breast feathers. He filled his crop and more, berry pieces littering the ground as he couldn't keep to one. Soo many berries, and they all had to fit in his beak.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 3
Current Word Count: 1262
Total GEs Earned: 5
GEs Already Used: 4

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 26
3You find a stolen pack tucked halfway into an old pokémon nest!Special Item--
Its a potion!

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lex shook his head, returning his phone and recalled Fat Kevin before he could stuff more berries into his beak. Such a glutton. He walked a bit more and paused catching sight of some old fabric. Lex approached carefully, bending down to pull the canvas pack out of a nest and dumping out a mix of trash and a entact potion. "Well that was lucky. Someone must have gotten robbed by the sentrets."

He checked the den, hopeful that to find fresh tracks and sighed. Nope. "Well, looks like we aren't going to find the sentrets that easily." He put the potion in his pack and folded the old canvas bag in half and then quarters, storing it in his back. No reason not to bring it with him.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lex made his way back to the beach, stepping in front of the camera. "Hey guys! At the moment all I footage I have is of lefmews. I do hope we can find some of the other pokemon in this area, but the 'mews are adorable. I hope they fulfil your curiousity! My eager viewers." Lex opened his arms wide, motioning to the scenic view around him.

"Do remember! You too can be part of the crew! Nauwhil is always looking for eager settlers to join us here at our beautiful island home. You can make a differnece here! We are always taking applications so please, hit up the website and consider coming to Nauwhil! The untouched tropical paradise!"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 3
Current Word Count: 1510
Total GEs Earned: 6
GEs Already Used: 5
lefmew- research ball
heal
lefmew - got away
heal
free item potion