Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[ORP]Bulbasaur hour[Closed]

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lan sprawled down on the bench, pulling his legs up. "Mmhm, I guess that would work. " Truthfully he thought it sounded lazy to not put in work to not properly maintain it. He understood the lack of room though. He had enough trouble trying to fit so many of his things.

"Maybe someone else brought some dye and bleach... or maybe they will get a hair salon built." It might not be a priority but give them a bit and people would want hair cuts and getting treated and maybe even nails done.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
From a deeper part of the garden, the sound of brush being trampled and a very enthusiastic meganium slowly got louder and louder.

"Rose, Rose please! I know you know better than this," came a muffled voice in the distance, also approaching. "You can't just barge in wherever you feel like, this is supposed to be for bulbasaurs or just-ouch!!" There was silence for a moment, and then there was a meganium popping out into the open area where the bulbasaurs had decided to sunbathe.

"Meg-aaa" It cooed at the small bulbasaurs, the petals around it's neck opening further to also gather some sun. With utter confidence, she walked her way to the two bulbasaurs and folded her legs under her to join them. There was a mischievous glint in her eyes as she looked back the way she came from.

It didn't take too long before Eulalio was popping out of the brush. Their hair was crazy and full of both leaves and other plant matter and their clothes were torn in a few places. Looking harried, they put their hands on their hips and stood to scold the meganium. "It's beyond bad manners to just barge into somewhere you weren't invited to Rose, especially when it's supposed to be for things that are in fact much smaller than you AND you lead me on a wild goose chase to try and keep me from stopping you!"

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Laughing, she nodded. "Maybe! I'll see if I can ask around about it. But it isn't my top priority right now. I really want to explore this new region!" An arm went out to motion at everything before them, and everything beyond.

At the commotion, she perked towards the sound, noticing Peony's antennae start to quiver. As the sound got louder, and was accompanied by a voice, Peony shot up with a wary cry. And then the culprit burst forth from the bushes. Peony scrambled backwards towards Floretta, bundling themself into her lap beneath her sketch pad.

There was a little laughter from the girl as she watched, patting Peony's head gently. "Now now, there's no reason to be scared," she cooed, giggling as Peony tried to burrow against her leg to hide. Eyes flicked up towards the newcomer though, and their Poke'mon.

"Hello!" she greeted enthusiastically with a wave.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Christmas twitched, giving a stretch at the commotion. "Bulba?" She questioned opened an eye and then another to take in the meganium. She glanced over, and snorted as the bush sprouted a human. She gave a wheezing noise of amusement and closed her eyes, deciding she was just continuing to sun herself.

"If she can behave, she can say." Lan replied, bemused, He stood walking over to Eulalio and pulled a twig from their ridiculously fluffy hair. "I doubt you could get her to leave willing." He twirled the twig in his fingers before tossing it away.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Meganium sat back and closed her eyes at the scolding, completely unrepentant at causing discomfort to her trainer. The other bulbasaur running away however, did cause her head to lower and she let out a plaintiff "mega?" Come back.

Eulalio sighed and turned to face the other two trainers. "I can't guarantee she'll behave, considering I tried to keep her out of you guy's hair and look how well that worked. If she causes too many issues though, I'll just have to put her back in her pokeball." Eulalio grinned sheepishly as Lan pulled a twig from his hair, only then remembering how crazy they must look.

Trying to straighten everything out and brush the worst of the mess out of their hair only half worked. There were still tears and dirt smudges, but they looked slightly more presentable. "Well I'm Eulalio, and this is Dusk Rose Haze. Nice to meet you two!"

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
With a lap full of Bulbasaur, Floretta still tried to shift over and grab her bag. While it had been mostly emptied, she still had some cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer, both of which she pulled out. "Here, if you want to clean up, you can use these!" She tried to reach out with them, only to realize it was a little difficult, and set them to her side on the blanket.

"I'm sure it will be fine!" she laughed at the behaving part. "I'm sure she's just excited to see other Poke'mon. Not many have come through quarantine yet. I have my Meganium, Petal, and my Pikipek, Pollen, back at my little dorm. I didn't want Petal to step on anyone, and left Pollen for entertainment. But other than Petal, Pollen, and little Peony here, I don't have any of my other Poke'mon." She had seen a lot of newcomers getting a Poke'mon to start out with, a regional variant to help explore without upsetting the ecosystem. It made sense. But that was about it so far.

Peony peeked out of Floretta's lap, shaking the tiniest bit. But with how sad the Meganium sounded, and how relaxed Christmas was... Maybe... Slowly, they stuck their little leggies out from Floretta's lap, tumbling over her crossed legs. Shaking themself off, Peony slowly started towards the spot they had previously been laying in. Cautiously. They were so... pink. But looked like Petal...

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lan pursed his lips, eyes roaming over the absolutely mess of clothing and dirt and smirked slightly. "I see," he said dryly. He motioned for Eulalio to join them on the bench. "I'm Lan and this is Floretta. The bulbasaur's are Christmas and Peony."

He sat down, smoothing his clothing and looked over the Meganium. "So, why is your Meg such a stunning shade of pink... not to mention the patches." They actually looked sort of like Christmas's. It had to be just a strange marking.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Oh thank you!" Eulalio grinned at the offering, approaching the blanket to grab the cleaning wipes. These would be much easier to use than just rubbing at it as they'd surreptitiously been trying to do. Standing next to the bench while they cleaned up, they shook their head at Floretta's suggestion.

"I have a lefmew and a delcatty that this one can interact with, so she shouldn't be that attention starved!" Frankly Eulalio was glad that neither of the other two had decided to join this outting. It was a surprise since normally the two loved to get into trouble. "I haven't seen any other meganiums around the dorms, but I'm sure that Rose would enjoy getting to also meet your Petal."

Cleaned up the best they could get like this, Eulalio plunked themself down on the bench to watch the interaction between the three plant 'mon. "Well, the researchers tell me that Rose is a lesser fusion. She's got the colors of a bulbasuar. Probably why she wanted to come here."

And indeed, Rose seemed to perk right up with Peony approaching the sun spot again. Rose wiggled over to make room and a gentle scent drifted from her petals. "Megmeg"

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"I try to keep Petal occupied so he doesn't overload anyone with how friendly he is," she laughed. Though Lan brought up a good question, one that peaked her interest as well. Head tilted, she listened, her mouth opening into a small 'o'.

"Wait... A fusion?" She was way behind on things, it seemed. Floretta peered back towards Rose curiously, giggling at how she interacted with the Bulbasaurs.

Peony waddled, paused when Rose moved around, was reassured by Christmas' demeanor, before continuing forward. They plopped gently between the two, though closer to Christmas. Feeling more comfortable with something small like them. But a little smile and a soft "B-bulba," was offered to Rose. Hello.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Christmas gave a slow noise, looking at Peony and gently pressed her stubby feet against the other bulbasaur with a small noise. She looked at the meg and gave a lazy wave with a vine before closing her eyes. "Bulba."

"A lesser fusion you say?" Lan looked her over. "So, how did the lesser fusion even happen?" Something had to happen. Megs didn't just end up pink, thought that could be really cool if they did. "Will it pass on to her offspring? If she has any?"

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Eulalio propped their head up on one hand and shrugged. "That's what they tell me! She just decided that I was her favorite one day after getting out from the researchers. She kept getting out and coming to bother me. You see how much I was able to keep her out of something so they eventually decided to let me keep her." The question of if it would pass on was a good one, and not something that they'd thought to ask.

"Um, I'm not sure?" Truthfully, Eulalio didn't think they'd even know if Rose did end up having offspring. She spent so much time doing her own thing that unless one of the staff at the enrichment center told him, he'd never know.

Rose made a noise of contentment, the gentle aroma of her petals intensifying. She now had two little friends to watch over and they looked like her. She didn't quite bump them with her nose, but after making sure they were both comfortable, she settled herself for a long sunbathing session. "Meganium." All friends!

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Floretta listened intently, leaned forward on her blanket. "Fusion..." She was still very much stuck on that. Wondering how it could happen. If what Lang suggested could happen. "I imagine that it could pass on. I mean... If she's part something, it's genetics, right? Like how colors and patterns pass on to offspring." She wasn't a geneticist, but she at least knew how breeding worked. Some people selectively bred to get specific colors.

"Well, it's nice to know there's another Meganium wandering around! If you ever need to do something and keep her occupied, don't hesitate to hit me up! I'm sure Petal would love a larger Poke'mon to play around with. Sometimes he forgets how big he's gotten, and scares little Peony," she laughed.

Peony's antennae quivered again, one eye opened to watch Rose. She seemed... Nice. A little smile would appear on the small Bulbasaur's mouth, before they closed their eye and allowed themself to doze off again alongside the other two.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Hmm," Lan considered the new information and shrugged easily. "I guess." He wasn't sure but then he wasn't worried. He didn't have one so it wasn't terribly important.

Christmas yawned, shifting to fully stretch out and with a sleepy bulbasaur waddled over to Lan, tugging on him to be picked up.

"One moment Christmas," Lan shifted, picking up the bulbasaur and set her on his lap, scratching at her head as she cuddled up. "Did you have enough sunning?" He stroked over the bulb as she dozed, wanting attention.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"She ends up doing her own thing a lot of the time. Rose is strong enough that I don't try to boss her around too much. I don't want her to get upset at me and cause more mischief on purpose. She does it often enough by accident that I'll wait until I'm a bit stronger to try and corral her better. It's enough for me that she mostly stays in town from what I've heard," Eulalio confessed. Though it wouldn't be a stretch for anyone to deduce that on their own with the way the meganium had crashed this little party.

"I'm sure Rose would love a big buddy as well, though she seems really fond of you guys' bulbasaurs. Maybe because of the colors? Or maybe the size?" Eulalio shrugged. So long as Rose got along with everyone, they didn't much care about the why's of it. She did really well with the other members of Eulalio's team, and they were all smaller than her.

As Christmas approached, Eulalio watched Rose watch the bulbasaur. She seemed sad about the loss of one of the little pals, and scooted over to be closer to the remaining one. "Is your bulbasaur friendly? Do you think I could pet her?" Eulalio asked Lan when she didn't do anything else.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lan paused in petting Christmas, judging Eulalio. "She is mischievous, but at the moment I think she more likely to just doze while you do so." The sunbathing had made her drowsy, half dozing in his lap as he scratched her ears. "Be gentle and careful of her bulb." He ordered, motioning Eulalio to pet her if he wanted to.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Floretta watched Christmas waddle back over and let out a little giggle. She shifted on her own little blanket and picked up her sketch pad again, doodling while the other two talked for now. "I've noticed larger Poke'mon can often times be very enamored with littler Poke'mon. I think it has to do with their size and them feeling like they are children. I'm not sure though, I've only experienced it with Petal and my sister's Typhlosion, Blaze."

There was a little shrug of her shoulder as she glanced up at Rose, doing a nice little sketch of the Meganium's face.

Peony opened an eye again as Christmas waddled away, and for a moment they were concerned as Rose shifted closer. But that seemed to be all they were doing... They were less energetic than Petal. Peony liked that. "Bulba," they said softly, smiling at Rose. Gently, Peony picked themself up and moved closer to Rose, settling against her flank. Comfy.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Eulalio waited til they had permission, then they reached out to cup the bulbasaur's face. They couldn't resist giving it a little squish before moving to actually pet the top of their head. Plant pokemon were so cute and these bulbasaurs felt so different. More like the petals on a flower than normal bulbasaurs did.

"Well, I know meganiums in the wild are parents most the time. So it makes sense that when they see smaller things they feel all parental with them. Rose here is the biggest pokemon I've been around," they continued petting Christmas before gesturing to the meganium.

"Megmeg," Rose encouraged little Peony to move closer and was rewarded by the feeling of the bulbasaur leaning against them. With everyone accounted for, she closer her eyes to sunbathe.

"If I'd have thought there'd be a chance to sit and paint, I'd have brought some of my art supplies too," Eulalio said, having noticed Floretta doing some sketches from the corner of their eye.

@Shaddaling @PeterPan_da144

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Christmas cheerfully crooned at Eulalio and as her face was squished, reached up with her vines to grip their hair, and curiously pulled on the white strands. "Bulb?" She questioned, giving the curls a tight little tug.

"Christmas, no." Lan scolded, reaching over to gently get Eulalio's hair out of Christmas's grip. "You are just being naughty now. I thought we already went over, do not tug on people's hair, even if it does look a lot like a mareep."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Floretta giggled. "Petal is a little bigger than Rose, and Blaze," there was a louder laugh. "He's a big heccin chonk. Though I think he's taller because he stands on his two back feet more often than not. He is still pretty big on all fours, however." She shrugged a little again but was enjoying watching Petal with Rose.

"Oh?" She tilted her head back to look up at him. "You're an artist, too? Here!" She would flip the page over and offer her book to them. "If you're okay with pencils, you're more than welcome to draw!" She would move over on the blanket, allowing them room to sit if they wanted it.

Though, she watched Christmas play with Eulalio's hair and giggled. That was absolutely adorable.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Eulalio paused their petting when Christmas' vines reached out for them. With a wince they went to pull the bulbasaurs vines away but Lan beat them to it. With a sound of relief, Eulalio gave Lan a smile. "I mean, it's fair since I did squish her face a bit, but thank you!"

When Floretta offered a sketchbook and pencils Eulalio gave Christmas one last pat before moving to sit in the newly available space. "I dabble with all sorts of different mediums. Pencils are good, they make less of a mess than paint that's for sure!" Folding their legs in a crisscross they settled the drawing pad at an angle and then started with quick light strokes to make rough sketches of Lan and Christmas, Floretta with Peony trying to hide under a drawing pad and then finally one of Rose with the two bulbasaurs tucked against her.

The rest of a good portion of the afternoon passed like this, trading the sketchpad back and forth with Floretta and just getting to know the two of them as their pokemon sunbathed and got more comfortable with one another. Eulalio was pretty pleased with Dusk's insistence on joining this since he got to meet Lan and Floretta and he would definitely be seeking both of them out at some point or another for another meet-up.

@Shaddaling @PeterPan_da144