Long-Term Resident
D
Meta Post!
Username: Straye
Meta Profile: Profile
Username: Straye
Pony: Lady Hellebore Grace
Specter Ticket Count: 4
Other Prizes: Trinkets, Strength Test Sticky Hoof(?), Plushie Conversion!

A moment of solitude in the chaos - Hellebore was standing idly by, lounging comfortably among a field of dark clovers. A small, out of the way space along the outer skirtings of the Nightday Circus.

Her little one was meandering and playing, and the night air was cool and crisp. Hellebore lifted her nose to the sky and breathed deeply.

This weather, just cool enough to seep into her thick fur, with a breeze that whispered through the grass and trees, was her favorite. Her grey hair fell back over one shoulder and her eyes, the color of moonlight, mirrored in the gem she kept curled in her tails, watched as the world passed around her.

She saw some familiar faces - those that she'd encountered in the Haunted House adventure she'd participated in with her little one. Somewhere nearby, just out of her line of sight, she heard her pixie filly giggle and she felt the comfort of warm affection seep into her, warming where there had been a chill moments before. A smile graced her lips, and she hummed softly into the night.

Niyaru

Grizzled Veteran
D

The quiet mare wandered aimlessely away from the circus. She needed a break in the worst way because nothing of what just happened made any sense to her. Her ears picked up someone humming close by and she decided to investigate. She wasn't in the haunted house anymore and was kind of glad to be back to some kind of normalcy. She didn't have to be afraid of the humming noise outside right?

Her gentle eyes rested on a beautiful kitsune that was somehow familiar to her. She hesitated before she spoke a greeting. "Hi." She said the word softly and wasn't sure the kitsune would even hear her. She didn't dare go any closer just on the off chance the kitsune wasn't that friendly.

Last edited:

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
Large ears swivelled towards the hesitant mare, picking up on her voice carried closer on a gentle breeze. Her eyes turned to follow, and her gaze softened. Her head tilted, "Hello little one," she greeted her gently, sitting up from where she'd been laying, her tails curling closer around her.

The pixie was the pale female she'd briefly caught a glimpse of in the Vampire's cellar if she remembered correctly. Embarrassment about the encounter with the vampire made her falter a little, but she inclined her head in greeting. "How are you this eve?" she asked, her voice warm and inviting. Admittedly, Hellebore Grace had a softspot for pixies, given her own little one, adopted though she was.

Niyaru

Grizzled Veteran
D
She didn't answer immediately but instead took a bit to reflect on how to answer. ".....I needed fresh air." She decided that the truth though it be simple was a good answer. "That haunted house really got to me." She mentioned the house because she thought that might be why the kitsune seemed familiar. Though she couldn't really remember ever being close to or have spoken to them before, she was certain it was probably due to the house. There were quite a few ponies in there aside from herself after all.
"I don't know what to make of what happened...." She moved towards the kitsune a little more so she wasn't as far away but she didn't want to be super close either.

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
Hellebore nodded her understanding. "I understand... I needed a breath of fresh air myself. I know that much of it was fabricated... Actors, and scripts, but the end... That white pony... His feet faded into nothing and even in the dark, I swore I could see through him..." she shook her head, her hair falling into her face.

Her ears flicked back - "I have never been good at thinking of others... but if that pony truly was a trapped spirit... I swear, I can still hear his voice in my ears." She admitted. "So I understand what you mean - about it getting to you." She stood and moved a little closer as well. "I wish I knew what to do."

Niyaru

Grizzled Veteran
D
Ghost nodded in agreement for she too was at a loss. The tour through was fun but scary enough at times she was convinced she would never do something like this again. "I've seen someone like that before..she is a pegasus that was roaming around some woods. I could almost see through her...." She remembered the day like it just happened yesterday. Actually was that sad pegasus another pony or something else?
She shook her head briefly to shake off the thoughts and concentrated back on what was happening in the present. "I hate to suggest it but I wonder if we should investigate." She brought up the idea verbally but then paused because she realized that she automatically paired the kitsune with her and it was doing something she wouldn't normally do.

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
Hellebore wasn't usually the type to meddle. "My filly has a friend who's mother is a witch... the idea of investigating had crossed my mind. It is good to know I am not alone in thinking it." she said with a small smile that could have even been called 'shy'.

She looked down at the pixie fae and she chuckled softly, "Forgive me, where are my manners? I am the Lady Hellebore Grace... but ah... you may call me Hela... if you like." she swished her tails slowly behind her. Persephone would be surprised to find her making a friend on her own. It was a rarity - in fact, for the Lady Grace, it might even be a first!

Niyaru

Grizzled Veteran
D
"What can we really do though?" She thought aloud after she heard about the witch. "Nice to meet you, I'm Ghostly Whispers..." She realized how inappropriate her name was once she said it out loud. "Um..yeah.."She muttered as she was feeling extremely uncomfortable with herself. She backed away from the kitsune a bit out of habit.

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
"I'm named after poison. Don't worry. It's not like you chose your name. Besides, it's fitting." Lady Grace saw her discomfort and it made her feel the need to comfort her. "Maybe we can find out who that pony was... and find a way to Free them." She said, gazing up at the cold moon above, wondering if her words were true.