Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP] A refreshing comfortable place

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D

Elisabel Alavine stirred her drink and looked down at her shopping bags debating on whether or not she should go back and buy more budgie seed or not. She shook her head and decided against it. She would be fine with this for now. Slurping down the last of her drink she looked down the boardwalk. She was on the edge of summer lands on this little shopping venture and would be headed back latter after a weekend off was a thing everyone needed every so often. She considered maybe hitting up a pillow store or something still as she had noticed several really nice towel and inflatable shops while she had been searching for a drink shop. Finishing her berry tropical ice smoothie she pushed back and tossed her empty plastic drink cup before slowly padding down the boardwalk thinking the break had not done anything to cool the hot planks below her paws. The place was reasonably busy but not too crowded as this little place wasn’t as busy as places like Cerulean Lake towns.

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D

It was supposed to be a stay at home sort of day but Yulstice had decided that he wanted to explore the area. He was fairly new having just recently moved in with his mate. Though the warmer region was different for him, he did enjoy his time here on the farm. The low bustle of the town was nice and calming for a pony who didn't usually like crowds. Carefully he picked his way through stores to look for more crafts so he could make more items to sell, fabrics and the like. Carrying out small bag of items he turned down the way and headed towards the boardwalk where he told Elisabel he would meet her. They would need to get a few more things to get him settled in properly in the new area. Plus he would help her carry anything she needed for the farm.

"Elisabel!" He called out meekly as he came up closer to her, "Anything else catch your eye?" He asked as he looked at the bags she had already. He stepped a few times giving almost a dance on the hot walkway, it was just a bit uncomfortable on his paws. His white hair dangling in front of his golden eyes, hiding much of his worry about the heat.

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
She turned her head and had to chuckle looking at Yulstice dancing on the boardwalk. “Just some budgie seed to feed the wild birds.” She gestured to a shop. “Lets step into the shade and off the boardwalk before you melt.” She noticed the small bag that her tail curiously started to investigate. Honestly anything Yulstice had made her tail curious and always want to sniff at. Tapping it twice she knew it knew to behave. “I was just enjoying a fruit drink with the weather being what it is. So what do you think of the shops here?” She knew it was different then the winter home as the materials were thinner and made for warm weather then cool weather.

“Find everything you want alright?” She eyed the shop they were headed to to get out of the sun it was just a general little junk shop full of knickknacks and little trinkets. She didn’t really need anything from here but making sure Yulstice was cool was more important then actually shopping as she figured things were pretty easy going for her today. “I used to come here all the time when I was younger and it used to amaze me there are three ice cream shops in a four block section. You know my parents used to dread taking me down because I’d beg them to stop at each shop on the way while shopping.” She winked at Yulstice glad he was with her today. This little town had become something of a tourist trap over the years but she supposed that made it more fun to visit then back in the old days.

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Its sooo hot." he dragged the word out to emphasize just how hot he felt. "I will be glad to get somewhere cooler." Glad that they were going to go somewhere else. He grinned at her tail, ever curious. "Maybe I should make a toy for you." Scratching Seed's head. "I like the shops here. Not as many of the things I am used to but there is a nice variety and the fabrics and things I can find here." Yulstice beamed at her as they entered the shop of knick knacks.

It was nice and cool in this place and he was thankful for the reprieve. The warmth wasn't too awfully bad but if he were to stay out for too long he felt like he was roasting. One could add more layers in the winter whereas you could only go so far with removing layers in the heat. Good thing there were places for a breeze and shade. Listening to Elisabel talk about the ice cream shops he laughed, "We had a place that had five in one block. Ice cream is good at any point but I understand them. I did the same it seems. Though I enjoyed eating a few and getting a brain freeze."

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Her tail purred softly at the affection and nibbled gently at Yulstice’s paw. Elisabel was glad that Yulstice liked Seed. She couldn’t imagine having a partner who wouldn’t accept all of her. She could share senses somewhat with Seed so she was happy with the affection as well. “I’d love a toy for my tail to chew on but I can’t promise it’ll remain intact to much if you try and take it away. My tail has a mind of their own at times and sadly that’s one of them.” She chuckled though honestly her tail was more apt to lick the toy apart then tear it apart. It seemed every part of her was more a cuddler then not.

“Five in a block?” She looked at Yulstice shocked. “How tough was the competition that you could have so many in one spot?” She was sorely tempted to see if they couldn’t visit this place and see if the shops were still there. “Honestly I got a stomach ache from eating to much as well you know.. two mouths one stomach and one very spoiled childhood.” She picked up a bell and looked it over before putting it back. “any special fabrics you want me to try and find with you?” She knew little about fabrics other then how durable they seemed Yulstice seemed to work magic every time he made something.

DavyJnah

Grizzled Veteran
D
He chuckled and imagined Seed tearing up a plushie toy or crushing up one of his wooden toys, which it was all fine as it would be making it for Seed so they could do with it as they wanted. It was nice and chilly in this store and even though the cold didn't bother him that much he moved a bit closer to Elisabel and gave her a small snuggle. Sometimes he wondered if he was overly affectionate and attached.

"It was hectic but each shop had their own special thing that they did so there was at least variety to them. I don't know if any of them closed, it has been a long while since I was in that town." His long bunny ears perked up even more than normal when she asked about fabric. "Ooh, some very soft fabric would be nice. Something that would feel like laying on clouds. I could make something breathable to wear, or an extra soft pillow." The ideas in his brain kept popping up.

"Do we need anything else for the farm?" Yulstice asked as he tilted his head, careful to not knock anything over with his horns.

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
The cutest fluffy pony was rubbing up against her making Elisabel’s cheeks warm. She really wanted to pounce and cuddle her mate like he was a stuffed plushie but held back as she was sure that wouldn’t be looked on favorably in a store like this. Still Yuli was so cute. He was just perfect and wonderful it made her want to snuggle him right back every time. Seed had no problem snuggling back Yulstice and rubbing on him. Elisabel did give in a bit and leaned to give her mate a quick gentle kiss to one of his ears before going back to shopping while her face tried to cool off.

While Yulstice started rambling off on fabrics she was amazed and thrilled to see his energy. It was magical. “are there any pillows that keep things cool like at night? I think that would be really nice.” She looked over her bags she had brought with her. “Not really. I got more budgie seed for Orion and Talullah but since the farm is mostly watermelon at the moment I just have to be a bit more patient and let the plants do their jobs.” That was one of the nice things about farming after setting the land and preparing it which was a lot of work after planting it was just lighter maintenance work like weeding and weather protection, watering, and of course inspection for bugs and other pests. This time felt like her break season to be honest which was nice since it gave her more time to spend with a certain precious bunny. She would still put in a few hours weeding and checking things over tonight when they got home but it wouldn’t be so bad. “Hey Yulstice what kind of things do you think we should get for the budgies? I only got their feed since you seem to know more about their.” How was it put? “enrichment needs?” Could stuff from this place even be used for the pets or did they need to check a pet store specifically?