Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP] A Sweet Scoop (Rosa Latte/Sundae Scoop)

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Rosa Latte had been interested in strawberries ever since she tried some of her own. As a foal, it was nearly the only thing she ate. Her parents could get her to eat anything, so long as there was a strawberry for dessert promised at the end. As she began to grow and develop her hobbies into career plans, she eventually settled on the notion of baking or concocting sweet drinks that involved strawberries.

Now living on her own and away from her family, though she still went back to Drizzletown every now and again to see them, she'd set up shop in Everville. It was a big decision to move to such a small town, but she had figured that news of her move and the delectable treats she bore would travel fast. She hoped so, because she could get all the popularity she could get.

She didn't have enough to get a complete storefront yet, though that was surely her dream, but she had a cart that she pulled. It looked like a large lemonade stand, only she had modified it to be painted pink with strawberry decor. She found an open space by one of the main roads within Everville to set up. Strawberry tarts, cupcakes modeled after a strawberry shortcake, chocolate covered strawberries... There was a small assortment, but a good one. She was stirring up some strawberry lemonade (even though she would insist that this absolutely wasn't an old lemonade stand she got for cheap and repainted, no Ma'am) as she waited to see if any ony would stop by to see her wares.

Surely somepony must like strawberries as much as I do. Rosa thought. Or at the very least, they must be hankering for something new, in such a sleepy town like this one.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Sundae Scoop was a little more occupied than normal. Nose in a notebook that he was levitating in front of him, pen scratching frantically. He was mumbling to himself about something. Trying to figure out his story. It was a piece on the new apartment complex - which was definitely more like a small town itself - called House Eleganza. He had heard rumors about the community and rental prices, and had originally gone to research that. In his research, he learned far more than he had thought, and was also now looking at possibly moving in to one of the apartments. As such, he was still working on his story and trying to articulate his feelings and experiences at the place.

As he trotted down the streets, a sweet smell wafted towards him. Looking up from his notebook, he spotted a new little cart on the street with a pretty pink pony standing in front of it. An eyebrow rose as he trotted closer. "Hello there," he said, smiling. "I haven't seen you around here before. What are you selling? It smells absolutely sweetly divine."

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Rosa had been scanning the passerby, a smile on her face. Many had passed her by, glancing over at her with a smile, before walking on. Maybe she wasn't doing this selling thing quite right? It had always worked for her in Drizzletown, but this was a new town. She would have to step up her game. Clearing her throat in preparation to call out to passerby and advertise vocally about what it was she was selling, she was stopped before she started when a young stallion trotted up to her stand. Perking her ears and smiling brightly, she gestured to her stall.

"Strawberry sweets, that is to say, sweets that have strawberries in them, one way or another." She informed him. "A novelty that comes all the way from Drizzletown to Everville. You, my good pony, have found yourself in front the most delectable strawberry delights in town. From strawberry cupcakes to tarts, strawberry lemonade to chocolate dipped strawberries! The berries are fresh and the baked goods came out of the oven this very morning." She set down the lemonade mixture she'd been making and poured some of it into a small paper cup. She had these cups as well as a few other baked tasters, to lure ponies in. "Would you care to sample some of my strawberry lemonade and see for yourself just how refreshing it is?" She asked him, placing the small cup at the edge of her stall counter, should he wish to reach for it.

My first Everville customer! And a handsome one at that-not that that's necessary, of course. She thought excitedly, as she waited for his reply. If I can get him interested, surely he'll tell others about my little stand and then I can earn enough to get a big stand and then a proper store!

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
The sales pony was intriguing. She had energy about her, and a way with words. He had already been drawn in with the smells, but her words sealed the deal. Grinning, he nodded and tucked his notebook away into his bag with a flourish, before picking up the cup with a bit of magic.

"I would be delighted!" he said, before tilting the cup to take a swig. "Aaahh!! That really is exquisite!" he gasped. "Such a nice tart lemonade but it isn't overly tart from the strawberries. It definitely has the sweet berry taste!" He grinned and finished his cup, glancing to see if there was perhaps a can to dispose of the cup in. "You said you came all the way from Drizzletown to sell your treats?" he asked curiously. "That is quite a trip," he chuckled, giving her another smile. "What made you want to come all the way out here?"

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Rosa beamed at the good review of the pony, practically dancing in place.
"Do you really think so?" She asked and marveled at his continued commentary. "Goodness, you have a way with words. You ought to be a writer of some sort," She recalled the notebook he'd been carrying before and added, "If you aren't already."

Noticing the cup that he held, she scrambled to reach into a lower compartment of her cart, pulling out a tiny bin with a trash bag in it. She placed it just beside the cart and smiled, before she nodded her answer to his question.

"Yes, it was rather." She said, her smile ever present. "Well, the common reply is I wanted a change of pace, that's what I told my family when I left home." She explained, but she sighed, her smile dropping. "But if I'm being honest, I suppose the reason is closer to wanting to find myself? It's easy to find strawberries in the spring sector and with Drizzletown being the largest city within the spring sector, finding strawberry goodies there, whether imported or grown in the city itself, well it's so commonplace. I really do love strawberries and I want others to be able to love them too, not just to get used to them. So I thought, if I moved somewhere where you can't get strawberries as often, it might make them more desirable. When they aren't a staple of your diet, like they were back home, you might appreciate them more." She shrugged. "I thought I'd be able to get my family to appreciate them if I changed them up a little, that's why all of my recipes involve them in some way, but when that didn't work I realized it wasn't the strawberries or how they were being presented that was the issue, but the ponies eating them." She realized she was beginning to babble and her cheeks turned a brighter shade of pink than her fur.

"Th-That is to say, the short answer is I came here because I want to find ponies who can appreciate strawberries as much as I do. And if I can make a few bits in the process, then it's a win-win for everypony." She concluded with a smile, before she started. "Oh goodness, I'm Rosa, by the way. Rosa Latte, at your service." She said and stuck out a hoof, shaking her mane out of her face so that she could look the stallion in the eye. "How do you do?" @PeterPan_da144

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
When she mentioned he should write, he grinned widely, but decided not to follow that train of subject right now. He wanted to know about her, not ramble on about himself. However, as she began to talk about her journey and what brought her so far from home, he instinctively summoned his notebook and pen from his bag again. Quickly the pen scritched across the paper, keeping track of all of her words expertly as he slowly leaned in.

When her cheeks flushed, he couldn't help but chuckle. She was pretty cute. Rosa Latte offered a hoof, and as he took her name down, he raised a hoof as well.

"My name is Sundae Scoop, and I'm always on the lookout for the next big scoop of a story!" He laughed at his own joke, before clearing his throat gently. "That is to say, I'm a writer for the paper. I write all sorts of stories, though I prefer stories with drama and feeling."

Sundae motioned to his notebook. "It's reflex for me to take down stories when I hear them, and I'd love to do a story on you and your stand, if that's all right. Nothing huge, just a small review on your products and your story that brought you here."

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Rosa had taken his hoof to shake it twice, before she let her hoof fall gently back to the ground beneath. She smiled with delight at his introduction.

"Ooh, that's quite clever, actually. Maybe I should try to find something like that for my own business pitch." She glanced at his notebook when he mentioned it. Had he been writing about her? The redness in her cheeks remained, but so did her smile.

"Of course you can write about me. In fact, I'd be grateful if you did. Imagine, all the ponies that I might be able to help taste the wonders of strawberry goods, just through your review." She ran a hoof over her stand, looking fondly at it and then she slid her gaze to Sundae Scoop. "Perhaps you need one more treat, so you can get a good idea of the products you'll be writing about?" She suggested with a grin and gestured to her stand. "I'm happy to make a recommendation, of course, unless you had a particular treat you had in mind?" She offered. "On the house - but only cause you're cute." She added with a wink that she hoped came across more charismatic than she felt. Flirting with customers? Goodness, how unprofessional! She cleared her throat and added. "And, of course, for your advertising." She added, curbing her enthusiasm only slightly. @PeterPan_da144