Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP] An't No Walk In The Park (Vermillion&light)

She was far from home, the trip was long but relaxing, She had taken the train from Spring rain to Falls harvest. Having heard rumors from ponies who would rarely traverse threw Butterfly Marsh, though on dangerous boarder between the castle's waters of Drowning Depths and her home. she rather enjoyed the butterfly marsh, there where so many plants both aquatic and land, even the willow trees intrigued her, she adored the insects she often saw, keeping a few at the time over the years, she gained quite the studious collection of bugs. Vermilion had so much time on her hands in fact that she had a large collection of notes and pictures all stockpiled in her own personal library over the many years she had to studies on her own.

now she was outreaching beyond the safety of her homelands no longer staying within the confinements of her home, she had long desired to see what the world had to offer her, and falls harvest was her first destination, she trotted forward, eagerness enveloping her heart and soul from a trot she began to dash confidant in her stride she began to head for Dark grove a rumored place she had only heard of in tales she had never heard of such a place before a week ago, she began her trek towards the boarder of fall's harvest and winter's breath. since the train passed threw the boarder she wasn't to far of, it had been a while before she achieved her destination. the dark grove, she began to look around with much on her mind a satchel at her hip and a book and quill within along with some small bug jars and a magnifying glass with a net across her back tucked into the strap. she began to search the grasses, the trees wondering what she would find, along the way filling a jar with plants, dirt and other things to make the bugs habitat much more enjoyable or at-least tolerable for the bug she would keep in each jar. from there she wondered to the north sight seeing the grove, it was wondrous and much more of what she admired rather than large city's and towns that where usually noisy and bustling,though she lived in one of the quieter sections of the sections she still admired this grove.

as her travel threw out the grove continued she stooped by what seemed to be a park, with a few jars of local insects she took a seat and dug threw her bag pulling out a book and quill along with ink and her small lunch witched consisted of an fruit salad and tea, how she managed to fit so much in a small bag was quite perplexing to say the least. she wrote in her book occasionally stooping to eat from her apple witch she sat upon a handkerchief whilst she sat and enjoyed the fresh air and serenity of it all. she knew well she would need a place to stay for the night but that would come later.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
The Dark Grove was a winding system of pathways and mist. Created by a Alicorn with less than pure intentions, it wasn't a place for the faint of heart. Lights Out had come to the Grove a little under a year ago, wandering between the Seasonal Territories of Winter and Fall, he found himself walking right into a hunting pack. As more and more ponies starting to find their way into the Grove. More and more things started to be crafted. Lights himself was helping with landscaping the parks. Sadly.

He didn't want to do this. He hated landscaping, he liked the results just hated having to put in the work for it. With a huff of warm air he laid out on the low branch of one of large thick trees that made up the forest. His tail slowly wound its way around the branch, testing its strength to see if it could snap the branch from under Lights. The hybrid glanced to his tail with a growl and gave it a soft kick to stop. His tail hissed at him before unwinding from the branch. He rolled his eyes as he looked back around. Sitting up when he saw the winds pick up a moment. That was odd...he then heard the insects pick up in their tempo. "Sing me a song of my people." he teased the Grove.

He then froze on his branch staring at the mare who just trotted on in. He landed lightly on the grass. Creeping around to watch the mare for a little longer. Once he felt she was suitably distracted he stepped up and snagged her apple.

she was at peace more than she had been , writing and even sketching in to her book she stared at the bugs in jars, sketching every detail as she muttered to her self " Not much longer little friends ill have you back to your homes in a matter of minutes" she said sweetly to the bugs in her possession. a smile crossed her face as her golden eyes graced every leg and wing. " oh how Peculiar." she was lost in her own world as she noted how the bugs where rather large than the ones in her area " I wonder if they are all diff- " her words cut short by a blur in the side of her eye, startled the mare fell back her book flying in to the air and feather quill floating slightly faster than an average feather down to the ground.

feeling a bit bewildered she looked up as she laid there from where she once sat, there before her a Ghoulie stood- no not a Ghoulie but a hybrid , she stared enamored by his large beautiful wings before she realized he had her apple . "E...excuse me, that's my lunch" she said speaking up gently however "May I have that back?" she adjusted as she shifted her body rolling over on to her hooves as she stood up falling greatly below his size as she was rather small. she stood back a bit staring at the ground, it was hard for her to look at him especially since she didn't even know who he was. she began to feel the overwhelming tense felling in her chest, her boy was telling her to hide as she did from any pony. she wondered what she could do to resolve this without upsetting him she amused just that that he might be mad she was here. she knew nothing of the etiquette within the grove she began to regret not studying the rumors behind it further.. she looked up her large curly hair pluming around her head and right eye as she slowly made eye contact with him feeling rude she had not done so in the first place, but there she stood shivering from the anxious feeling overwhelming her. " I.. If I ill be going if its a problem, that I'm here and I'll return the bugs I promise I had no intention of keeping them captive." she rambled on as her mind told her she shouldn't be here.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
The stallion before her chuckled. With his hulking size due to his Father's blood he was on the more terrifying scale of things. He took her full view in, admiring the little things he noticed about her. The light flowery scent was a trademark of those born under Spring's Grace. With a low hum he rolled the apple back to her with a soft purr to his words. "I know where more apples are hidden away."

His tail swung around to snap at the apple, Lights quickly smacked it down before it could eat what didn't belong to it. He looked to the mare once again. "Don't worry about the insects. There's plenty more where they came from." he rose as he started to step away from her. Keeping his gaze locked on her entirely. As he hummed a soft tune he knew it was an attractant to insects.

With a whimper she watched him fighting the urge to look away, it was frightening to be in the presence of another pony, but she did her best to fight the urge to run away, she watched her apple roll back to her, it was not dirty from the dirt, and she was rather still hungry, famished even threw her exploration. but was fear keeping her away from his offer? the offer of more apples was enticing she parted her lips as an attempt to reply but looked down to the side rubbing her leg with her hoof gently, what was he up to?

As he smacked his own tail she flinched and wondered , was it really safe to be wondering off to his offered of apples? she pondered more looking up to him ever so slightly, as a thought crossed her mind, he was after all keeping the tail from taking what was hers. soon the tempting promise of insects flooded into her ears, her eyes glittered at the promise of more to see, she stepped forward as to fallow, hesitation in every other step before her legs began to carry her, his song echoing in her head as they went.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
He had her now. The stallion kept his hum strong. This would be fun, not many followed him after seeing his tail. "Ah. I forget my manners, I am Lights Out...as for my tail, its name is Jag. I'm a park singer. Jag is my tempo keeper." he introduced himself and his tail before he stopped at the edge of the park they were in. "Its odd for someone to wander in like you did. Seemed like the Grove wanted you here..."

He didn't know much of the Grove, but could recite what Nox had told him and the others over dinner. "Further in is a cottage that a group of ponies live in. I'm one of them. There's always a room for guests, if your travels has worn you out." Was he going to mention that the room has a door which connected to his room. Nope. He led her onto a pathway, rather large fireflies dancing around them as Jag started a hum. Lights smirked. The fireflies were his favorite insects. As he walked her along, he made sure the small mare was overshadowed by his own larger frame. He glanced around, seeing the different creatures who stayed away from the paths that Nox made. Lights felt a sense of pride at the fear he could see from them. One day, that fear would be because of him. He would impose his dominance over those beasts.

As they walked into another clearing. He looked towards a small nook. "It might start raining again..."

though scared she was enchanted by the thought of a gathering of bugs, she soon filled with delight witch pushed her anxiety to the side if only a little, but enough for her to keep moving. as she heard him speech her eyes glanced up "Oh.. my name is Vermilion breeze." replied softly as she looked at his tail and then back to him she didn't seem bothered by his tail at all, why would she be? she did have one friend who had a tail like his, she was fond of her friend's tail they where both so kind.

as he stopped so did she, with a tilt of her head she found what he said to be interesting "can no one just walk in as such as me?" she asked curious about the situation
but she listened quietly as she spoke of the home of which he lived in "o.. others?" she suddenly became overwhelmed with the need to run again. more ponies? what would she do to get out of this she was in deep now was there even a way out of the grove why was she allowed to just stroll in? she let out a whimper.

but soon her panic subsided slightly as she saw the large fireflies there glimmering light, radiance of unbelievable magnitude it was such a sight and much better than fireflies she knew and loved, with theses ones hey where like dancing stars soon however she felt cold as she f felt him loom over her " How, many ponies are there?" she asked timidly still on the brink of flight mode, oh how she wish she had wings like him so she could fly away.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
He could hear her panic as he mentioned the others. A wicked smile drew his ears back a little. Oh how his darker side wanted to exploit that fear for his gain. She was a pretty little Unicorn, perfect for Nox's rage with the past their races shared. He could hand her over to the insane hybrid and watch the show. She wouldn't be the first he did that to. As the hybrid was just about to start that dark plot, he froze seeing one of the fireflies land on her nose. The bug showed him something that he wasn't expecting...her eyes. The purity and sheer simplicity of how exposed her soul was to him in this moment.

He was a sucker for a clear read on a soul. She was beyond a clear read, she was utter virtue in a single soul. Everything pure in this world that he thought was never going to return. Jag loomed behind him still humming before the tail flopped on his back. He blinked as the thought hit him. "My dear, Vermilion. If you wold feel more comfortable. I do have a treehouse abode within these woods. I was never one for cities."

Being in the forest reminded him of when he was a foal. Raised by his Ghoulie Father he grew up in the forest and rocky parts of their world. As he glanced away from her towards the pathway he watched as the rest of the fireflies who were so kind to him appeared. "The fireflies are my guides around here. They help me keep to the safe paths. There are plenty of beasts here that like to hunt ponies. Bears, Wolves...a few native predators." he hummed himself, deep baritone that sounded like a rumble.

She didn't feel safe anymore. she felt her heart pound her breathing swallowed. she would of dropped to the floor if it had not been for the calming view of the fireflies, especially the one that landed on her nose. the warmth of its glow soothed her, she brushed her hair out of her right eye as she watched it. she began to sheepishly smile as she stared at it "w..well hello there" she said her tail swaying slightly as she looked past seeing him staring at her, as he spoke she moved the firefly to her hoof " i would very much like that, I'm not good around to many ponies" She would rather be alone with him than around more than one other ponies. " Ive never been one for cities and towns myself, i rather live out in the wilderness with all the insects and animals" she said as a sweet smile crossed her face for the first time since they met, instead a timid or scared smile it was genuine, but she began to whimper once again scurrying under him as the mention of predators became a topic " please don't leave me alone out here" she said softly as she hid closest to his tail she burried her face in to its fluff as her tail curled between her legs.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
There was a moment where his brain stopped working right as he felt her connect with his body. He slowly looked down to her quivering form. Jag coiled to draw her closer to Lights. He leaned down to mutter to her. "You will be safe, my little Unicorn."

With that the male nudged her gently along with him. Hulking as he was, he did know how to handle a baby firefly. He guided her to a large tree, where several tree houses were set up in a trio of trees. "So, I might of fibbed a bit. Its more or less a small tree house-manor." he confessed. "I built it when I first came here to get away from the main house. We all have a secondary home, in case we wanted to bring company over. The foals are in the main house. Nox would murder several towns if any foal born in the Grove was harmed on his watch."

The trees of the Grove were dark wood, twisting as high as 100ft up. The trees were thick and the grounds beneath them seemed to fall away to expose the roots. This was mostly done by beasts of the past, now however this particular little clearing was perfect for the Fireflies. The trio of trees were winding around each others roots, the central part between them was a small pond. He walked her under the largest of the trees where inside the hallow of the tree itself was a small staircase leading to a branch. "The branch is hidden from view as you first walk up. Clever little home defense if I do say so myself..."

He led her up the staircase. Jag keeping her close to Lights' main body. Her earlier fear sparked his dominate protector instinct. Jag purred.

his warmth, silver tongue, where much to good for this pony, she felt safe, even though he once had plans she could not fathom, nor would she ever know about, she fallowed close feeling safer within his presence and tail's warmth . and with those words she looked up to him from his tail and began to fallow closely "thank you lights I'm very grateful." she said softly as they walked down the path as they drew ever closer to the the canopy of trees with the intermingling houses ,branches and roots. it wouldn't be far fetched to say she was impressed, but it was much more than that, seeing everything as a whole left her breathless. the loads of fireflies the gorgeous trees and the houses up above, it was but a wish to trot on the tree tops.

she looked to him more than eager as she fallowed closely watching as what once looked small from a distance grew in size," Its so lovely here, so peaceful" she said as he lead her towards the staircases she gently nuzzled in to his tail whilst listening to it purr, oh how she wouldn't mind sleeping against such a soft and warm tail. it was evident that all the excitement and hunger was beginning to wear her down, but she fallowed. with each step she went up the staircase carefully, it really was a perfect design, her eyes danced on each thing within and around the vicinity of the trees, glancing up towards him once more " it is, i cant wait to see it from atop the canopy, there must be so many -" she began to yawn dazed gaze she stepped up carefully. " sorry, I'm a little worn out from all the excitement and lack of food" she said softly feeling bad that she felt so tired whilst he was showing her around his home.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
The stallion watched her closely. "Oh, my dear." he softly purred to her. Leading her into the main area of the home. He opened the trapdoor into the central area. The Main House was circular in design with different curtains that sectioned the open air house like the spokes of a wheel. "I have a smaller house set up to be a nursery for when I do find a proper mate, the bedding here is a napping area pretty much."

He led her over to the corner. "Lay here, I'll get you a snack for when you wake."

she looked up to him and fallowed threw the trap door, upon taking a look she thought it was such a cute room it made her curious but she minded her business. " I think who ever you have baskets with will be a very lucky pony" she said softly as she stumbled over laying down among the bedding and curled her self up bundled with her head on her tail, and soon it wasn't long before she fell asleep, as soft breath escaping her as she dozed off riding the train to dream land. oh how she felt safe and warm here in the tree house even if the rain was threatening to fall from the skies above them. In her haste to fallow him she had forgotten all about her bag and supplies she had brought with her but she was now running threw the clouds of dreams, at least for the time being.

As about half an hour passed vermilion began to stir, rising her orange bed head from the pillow she rested her head on for a rest, she took her hoof and began to rub the sleep from her eyes, after doing this she began to glance around slightly feeling as if everything that had happened was but a dream. raising from the bed she walked towards a window peering out side to once again see the fireflies and then turned to look around at where she had been resting. " i guess it wasn't a dream" she said softly " but then where is he?" she wondered before stepping away from the drafty window and back to the bed as she nestled down hoofs beneath her, she was so tired that her eyes where still getting uses to seeing once again. feeling her belly rumble having only had a few bites of apple to eat all day.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
From the shadows he watched her. Having left a few moments ago to fetch her belongings. Her bag and supplies rested on a low table that Jag was hiding behind its huge skull. As he rested there he smiled his wide jagged smile in his dark delight. She was so unknowing of the danger she was in. It made protecting her all the more rewarding. He glanced to the small plate of snacks that rested off to the side for her. Waiting just another moment before he rose. The floor beneath him creaked as he started his hum. "My apologies my dear, I had to step out. My best friend is thinking about dropping by and I didn't want you to be frightened of them. They'll stop by another time."

He brought the plate to her, small bits of fruit and bread laid out for her. "Hoof-made bread and the fruits were grown in a nearby wild orchard." he seemed proud of those facts.

her ears swiveled gently before raising her head, messy hair entangled around her horn, she let out a yawn before gazing over to see him rise up from the trap door, " oh hello, thank you for letting me rest" she said softly as she rubbed her eye once more with her hoof hearing his apologetic words, she couldn't help but smile " you have no reason to be sorry, I'm glad your hear now, you didn't get soaked in the rain did you?" she asked as her tail swayed gently behind her,. that was till she heard that someone would be stopping buy she seemed to be a little anxious. but she felt safe with him around so she swallowed her fears at least for the time being. but his next words caused her to breath a sigh of relief saying that they would come by another time. she wiggled her nose gently to the smell of fresh bread and fruit, her eyes glimmered with delight her small belly grumbled causing her to blush with embarrassment "t..thank you so much it all looks so good" she looked so happy she grabbed the bread in her hooves rather than using her magic she slowly began to nibble.

over time she ate half the bread and took turns between the fruit and the bread " its so good" she said happily "who made it?" she asked curiously as she continued to eat till she was done, soon she was full she got up and went over to him gently rubbing her head on his leg" thank you I'm so grateful for all you have done for me" she looked up at him and smiled but then she realized she ate almost all the food "ah.. oh are you hungry? you went threw all that trouble whilst I slept I'm sorry" she said as she went over grabbing some fruit bringing it to him tilting her head up for him to take it.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
He watched her eat with hooded eyes. His tail curled gently around her, a soft snore escaping it. He let her ramble on, finding enjoyment in her innocence. As she was so kind to offer him fruit he smiled a fanged smile as he leaned his head down to gently take from her. As he munched on the fruit he kept his eyes on hers. "Thank you my dear. I hope you were able to rest well."

He stood slowly then, nuzzling her side to test her tempurature. "Still a bit cold..." he looked to one of the three bridges that linked the main treehouse to the other two trees. "We should go to the den...its far warmer than this airy place."

He started to lead her towards the bridge. "If your scared don't worry. I can glide in a pinch."

she watched as he took the fruit from her mouth, her eyes widen slightly as she looked in to his eyes, he was so close! she wasn't sure what she was thinking when she offered it by mouth the fruit barely keeping them apart, after he ad taken it she backed up a bit embarrassed by her actions. she felt her face warm as she bumped in to his tail, she gently pressed in to his sleeping tail. soon she felt light nuzzle in to her she was unsure how to handle this, but she looked up to him "yo..you're welcome" she said softly as she looked down her wild hair covering her face as she pressed her hoof to her own lips, she tried to compose herself not begin uses to such close interactions. "oh, sure, it is becoming a bit chilly I think you're right it may be for the best" she said looking towards the bridge. out of instinct she coddled closely to him as she fallowed him to the bridge. peeking out seing the fireflys about she took a deep breath and smiled. as she begain to stepup on to the bridge. " ok, lets go" she said as she made sure she was close focusing on the fierflies rather than the height they where at.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
He smiled as he led her across the bridge. It was wide enough for two ponies to cross it at the same time. Lights made sure that Vermilion was close to his side as he hit the mid-point. "My dear...stop for a moment and look."

He led her to gaze at the view between the branches. The horizon of the setting sun was breathtaking. "My view..." he said in awe. Glancing down to her. "You're the first pony that I have ever shared this with..." he waited till she was ready to move on before he led her into the den. It was a slightly smaller circular room with way more pillows and furs. "Pick a spot my dear. Rest."

she broke her gaze as he called to her, was she hearing things? she wondered, he had called her dear, that was definitely different, had he called her that before? tho her mind was filled with thoughts she gave him her full attention gazing out into the sunset her eyes glimmering to the light of the rays flickering out of existence ever so gracefully, it was quite a wonder to behold as its beauty was amplified by this forest "y-yes it is striking, such a beautiful sight." she was accustomed to sunsets sure, living out in the forest of the spring lands sure, but there was something different about this one, the mysterious forest amplified its beauty. she gently leaned her head against lights viewing the sunset for a brief moment, soon she was calmer. soon she came back to reality after staring out at the radiant dusk that began to befall the world "I - I am?" she asked softly eyes fluttering as she looked up at him "well I'm grateful you have shared it with me." she said as she saw him began to move, she fallowed and stepped down off the bridge in to the room gazing about. upon his request she found a nice spot and keeled down laying against a few pillows . letting her self relax and enjoy the soft furs and pillows around her. the day had been full of panic and surprise but now she was feeling rather blissful. grate food, a kind ghoulie who took care of and protected her, she began to wonder how she could repay his kindness but for now she would rest here in his tree house, it was getting to late to return home, part of her didn't want to return home. but what reason did she have to stay? she didn't have a home here. let alone ponies kind who where not fond of unicorns, she looked deep in thought as her eyes fell slightly dazing in and out. feeling the sand-pony's grasp benign her in to the dream world "I enjoyed today despite some circumstances, I hope the grove will let me return one day, i almost don't want to leave, but i know i should" she said woeful as she curled up slowly closing her eyes"thank you- lights-- its been such a wonderful day" she said fighting sleep.

SwordOfTheNagas

Veteran
D
Lights watched her slowly nod off. Smiling as he leaned his head down to nuzzle her gently. "Sleep, my dear. I'll watch over you." Watch over her he did. Lights settled next to the female, keeping her tucked under his long wings as he looked up to the doorway. Watching as the shadow of the Master of the Manor slipped away. He smirked knowing that Vermillion had earned herself a spot in the Grove.