Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Land of Liron

[PRP] Distant Skies [Splattered Skies/Nightshade Iris]

Splattered Skies had spent most his life being raised in a home with Touracs of many kinds. His parents had owned a small house, to be sure, but it was always open to the less fortunate. That was actually how they made most their money, or other goods to trade. Touracs would come and go when struggling, and in return donate to him and his family for their work. It wasn't much, and they didn't expect anything, but it sure helped them have some extra support after necessities were taken care of.

The good years didn't last long, though, as a group of sick Touracs ended up passing on their disease to Skies and his parents. He was young and spry, but his mom and dad weren't as lucky. As they spent all their savings trying to stay alive, nothing seemed to work.. They didn't last more than a month, before their home was inherited by their lonely son. He didn't have time to grieve, though, he had Touracs to care for. Skies spent maybe a day in bed, not bothering to process the loss before he went back to caring for Touracs and selling fruits at markets on the side, just as his father had done.

To this day, he works day and night in his home and out of it, trying to keep afloat the coming and going guests while still keeping up a front of perfect stability. A balancing act, played by someone whos acting sills were.. none.. but desperation can make a Tourac have any skill, truly. He had chosen to keep his parents head scales locked away in his room, fearing that the sight may break him from his facade.

That, though, is for another day. Today was selling day, as a market set up in his small towns square. He slowly packed up all the fruit and vegetables he had grown in his garden, trailing a wheel barrow behind him as he padded his way through the pathways. He had a permanent booth set up, something gifted to him by the townspeople when his family passed. Skies carefully set up each sign, straightening up each row of figs, making sure all his apples were worm free, and his carrots in a colorful variety.

Finally, he plopped himself down behind the little counter, straightening up his posture and breathing in the cold breeze. Today was going to be a good day, he could feel it.

@KisaValkyrie

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D

Nightshade Iris had grown up as the oldest in her family, rich and well off. Her whole family had something to do with plants or flowers in some way. Growing them, selling them, arranging them into beautiful displays for events or weddings. But Iris got her grandmother's genetic trait, twin tails. It didn't happen often and when it did you were next to run things for the main family shop, overseeing the whole flower selling business and making sure all the others were keeping up their end.

So it was safe to say she was more than a little spoiled. But she did not let it get to her head...too much. She still felt for those less than her and wanted to help when she could, if she could. And her grandmother was sick and nearing her natural end. So she would take over at some point sooner rather than later. She wanted to find something she could do or help with so as to bring good fortune to her family as she transitioned into her new role.

She walked gracefully through the market this morning looking around at those around her. A bag secured around her neck that clicked gently with money. She stopped at a few of the slower or less thriving stalls and bought a few things, paying a little more than they asked, and asking for it to be either taken to her home or handed out to the hungry around her who had nothing. She saw young ones looking for scraps and got them snacks of fruit or baked goods when she could.

She wandered along a little more and saw a nice looking tourac selling fruit. He seemed happy but also sad. He had a good-looking amount of fruit set out and she walked over and looked at the selection, her jewelry tinkling softly as she smiled. "Good day. How is your sales going today? Well?" She asked happily.

Last edited:
Today was just any other day, that's all it was. Bustling Touracs all around, a few sales here and there, laughing hatchlings and grumbling older folk. He was so used to every familiar face, every scent and sight. Nothing was.. NEW. Nothing was exciting.
Until she entered his view.

A stunningly bejeweled fauna, the softest color purple fur he had seen, that somehow perfectly matched her gold accessories. Even more of a wonder, she was headed his way..?! His front paws slipped from under him as he scrambled, pushing himself strengthen as he scrambled to get the traction back. Oh sanity stay with him now! "Hello..!" He chirped, offering a smile as it became clear she was headed straight for him.

Skies, keep it together. "Ah.. sales, they've been.. well.. they've been nice today! It's a bit of a slow day out of the week." He laughed, clicking his tongue softly as he glanced to the sides before finally meeting her eyes. "Most people buy their produce for the week early, after all. But that's just what it is, running a business and all..!" He waved a paw, feeling a slight guilt for spilling the days slow misfortune to a new patron.

"And you? I do hope you've had a nice day browsing through! We've got some lovely sellers this side of town I think. If you haven't checked out the jeweler a few rows down, you'll truly be missing out!" He chimed, his large tail slowly falling up and down against the concrete behind him. "I'm sure they could make something stunning on you- not that you aren't already absolutely stunning, that is..! Well- oh, I'm sure you know what I mean..!" He chuckled, embarrassment rising higher and higher in him.

Skies, apparently, could not keep it together.
@KisaValkyrie

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D
She smiled a rather happy grin as he seemed to call her stunning and flicked her two tails softly. "Oh thank you. Would you be ok if i bought....several things and just let you pass them out to those around who need it." she said opening her bag and putting a paw full of coins on the table for him. "Just give to those that need it for this amount. I would like to help those out." she said as she looked at him and smiled. "You are rather cute your self. If you think the jewelry stall over there is nice i will check it out for sure! Thank you!" she said with a soft smile and a wink at him.

He seemed kind of cute and some how adorable in an awkward way. She looked around at everything and then back at him. "Do you need anything else i might be able to help you with before i head over to the other stall?" she asked with a smile.

@AlicornPlayhouse

Skies seemed to sit still, stunned for a moment as he stared at the coins she had plopped onto the table. He hadn't expected something so.. randomly generous, from a stranger head to toe in gold jewelry. He quickly started shaking his head, trying to push the coins across to her. "Oh- no, please, keep your things friend!" He insisted, his voice a bit shaky as he fumbled for the right words. "People around here know my face, I'll lend 'em a hand either way, I don't need the money!" He knew he could use it, he needed more seeds.. but he felt so wrong, taking money for something he would do without it either way. His arguing was stopped mid shove, though, as she called.. HIM.. cute..? Skies convinced himself the wink must've been a trick of the light, but no rationalizing stopped his tail from fluffing up suddenly and beginning to wag back and forth behind him.

He stared for a solid few seconds at her, mouth slightly agape as his tail swayed, before snapping out of it. He quickly reached behind himself with one paw, snatching onto his fluff ball of a tail and holding it to the ground. "Oh- Uhm- Yes.. well no. Not really..! Oh I'm so sorry to keep you longer.." He laughed anxiously, glancing side to side. "Could I have your name, maybe..?" Skies ventured quietly. "And.. if I'll see you again, maybe, this side of the market..?"
@KisaValkyrie

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D
She watched the curious male as he got even cuter as he seemed to not know how to handle the compliment. She smiled and let him try to calm down as she pushed the coin back at him and took one piece of fruit, putting it in her bag. "There i bought something for myself. Feel free to keep the gold and help some others. I have been trying to help those that work the markets as often as i can. Everyone needs to have a good day." she said as she smiled and swished her two tails softly behind her. "My name is Nightshade Iris. But you can just call me Iris." she said as her ears flicked and she looked around for a moment. "I would not mind meeting up again. What is your name? Im free till late when i must go back to my families home." she said with a smile. "Keeping a little longer with your company is nice as long as you keep smiling like that." she said with a grin.
@AlicornPlayhouse

Oh, dang it. Skies gave in, his panicked and embarrassed expression turning to a soft smile, barley pulling down at the edges as he fought the guilt that persisted in his head. He couldn't deny a customer, there had to be an end to the arguing. "Okay, then, I suppose you win! I'll be sure to give out enough fruits to make it up, I swear it." He nodded firmly, knowing he truly wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't. "You've outsmarted me and my pride, haven't you..?" Skies laughed, slowly releasing his tail from the vice grip as it calmed, laying over his paws. He couldn't help but eye her tails, staring, almost mesmerized as they went. He had seen deviants come and go, but not often a two tailed one.. He was admittedly a bit jealous of how well kept she, and her tails, were, while he was a puffed up mess of embarrassment and nervous laughter.
"Nightshade Iris.. Ah, Iris! I'm sorry.." Skies finally met her gaze fully, offering another distant smile. "Splattered Skies..! Some touracs call me splat, or splatter.. but I usually answer to Skies." He could feel the embarrassment rise again as he felt himself talking for too much about something as trivial as a name. "Oh- my smile.. thank you!" He chirped, not quite sure if that was what he was supposed to say. "You've.. got little fangs.." He noted softly. "That's adorable." Almost as soon as Skies said it he regretted it, pushing himself to sit a bit straighter. "I'm so sorry- You hardly know me..! I shouldn't be so blunt.." He fought the urge to hit himself for being so stupid and socially inept. "Well.. maybe we could fix that last bit.. I mean, if you were interested, I'd love to invite you and your family to dinner some day..? My house is open to all kinds of folks, I think you might like it." She seemed to have a thing for helping others, and that's just what his line of work was.. it seemed almost perfect fate.
@KisaValkyrie

KisaValkyrie

Grizzled Veteran
D
She smiled as he seemed to get over her trick to make him keep the money. She nodded happily and shrugged one shoulder. "Im known for being rather smart about things." she said with a happy grin as she watched him as he went one for a little bit about names. She laughed softly before he said something about her fangs. She thought for a moment that he was upset by them and she curled her lips back over them. It was also something her parents didn't have and she had cause of her tails it seemed, as her grandmother was the only one who had fangs and the tails. But then he said adorable and she nervously smiled and felt herself blush a little. "Oh thanks. Its ok I do not mind the bluntness. I don't get it a lot at home honestly. Feel free to speak your mind." she said softly as he asked about her and her family coming to dinner. "Oh um...my family is rather....busy and...numerous. I think it would be easiest if it was just me. We run the Never Wither Flower Farm on the other side of town and they....they all are very busy and there is rather a lot of us." she said softly hoping noting who her family was wouldn't upset him knowing she was rich now. "But I would love to come for dinner!" she said with a smile.
@AlicornPlayhouse