Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[PRP] Fateful first encounters [Kennedy/Lan/Lang][Done]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
This thread used for Amateur rank for Nguyen Lan, so cannot be used for Kennedy.

It has not been used for Lan!

Kennedy leaned against the boat rail, kick ass boots planted on the deck keeping her steady and the ocean breeze was all around her. Salty and refreshing and probably terrible for her hair considering the fuss Lan had made about his own. At most she was certain it was just going to make it rough. She had enough time to relax in a shower and soften it up if it bothered her to much.

The sea spray lightly specked his jeans and heavy denim jacket covered in various patches. She sipped out of her water bottle, just enjoying the cries of the pokemon as they flew around the boat and the dark mass that was the shore line. They were too far away to make out details, but a few hours and they should be disembarking for a new land. With the other settlers of sort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lang hadn't felt this relaxed since he'd bought the ticket for the boat ride over here. It was real, it was happening, she couldn't find him and drag him back to the never ending series of contests that had been his life until now. It'd taken time and a real effort of secrecy to get enough money to finally leave and manage to get even this far. He didn't have a pokemon to his name, but they had said it wouldn't be a problem if he wanted to join in on helping explore the island or whatever. Nauwill was entirely new and that fit. He was going to be new here. Nobody would know him and he wouldn't have to worry about anyone pressuring him to do things he didn't want to do.

Making his way back abovedeck, Lang scanned the horizon, trying to gauge how close they were to land. The sooner they got there, the sooner he could get settled in and ask about the pokemon they were supposed to provide him. Taking a deep breath of the salt-scented air, Lang let it out slow and relaxed. Looks like they still had some hours to go yet, but it was getting closer.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Oi Lan! Where the heck did you drag that up from?" Kennedy questioned, amused at the fashion disaster he was wearing. She pushed away from the rail, sauntering up to him. "I don't usually see you in hn." She squinted, lips pursed.

"Well you certainly aren't Lan. Who the fuck are you." She asked, shoving a finger at doubleganger's chest.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lang startled at the call of his name. Nobody should know him here? Turning as he was approached, his face smoothed into a casual smile as he took in the new girl. She didn't look familiar, not even in a semi-familiar passing glance sort of way. It was a relief when she decided the same thing.

Stepping out of range of her jab, Lang inclined his head and replied, "I'm Lang." Adjusting his coat, he tucked his hands in his pockets. "Who are you and who is Lan?" It wasn't often that he got mistaken for someone else with the vitiligo and his oddly colored hair.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Lang, you are kidding me." Kennedy covered her mouth, choking down a peel of laughter. Omfg. She shook her head, waving at him. "Wait a moment, wait a moment," she said striding to the door of the ship and shoved her head in. "LAAAAANNNN GET OUT HERE." She bellowed and popped her head back over.

"It just easier to show then to attempt to explain this."

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lang was befuddled at her reaction. There wasn't anything funny about it? Even more befuddled when she left him to go yell into the interior of the ship, Lang decided to just relax against the railing.

"I don't see how it could be easier to show rather than just tell me?" Lang forced himself to relax though, projecting calm and confidence. "I'm Fei Lang, but I didn't catch your name either?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Really Kennedy, I'm sure everyone heard you," Lan called, rolling his eyes as he stepped onto the deck, steel toe boots making a solid thump on the deck. "Why where you yelling?" He focused on his friend, lips slipping into a smile. "You are such a gremlin."

"Just, just look at this guy." She crackled, pointing over to Lang.

"Ooh, Ooh shit, it like an evil twin." Lan exclaim, surprise.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lang blinked once, then twice as the new person came outside onto the deck of the boat. The resemblance was uncanny. The same face peered back at him, though the newcomer was a bit shorter and the vitiligo wasn't quite the same. Their hair was a different mixture of colors and Lang had a bit of a ponytail that the other didn't, but at a glance they were almost the same. Now he could see how Kennedy had mixed them up.

"I-well. This is, uh." For once words escaped him. "Well??" What was he supposed to say in this situation?

"I'm Lang?" Introducing himself seemed a safe bet.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Well that is hilarious. I'm Lan." Lan stepped forward, considering the newcomer and idly walked around him. He hummed judging his clothes, taking in the pony tail with a bit of an amused smirk. "Sort of wondered what I would look like with a pony tail."

"Johto?" He questioned, leaning against a rail.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Being judged was something familiar and Lang relaxed into the feeling. He took the time to check out what the other two were wearing and how they acted with one another. They were obviously good friends.

Lan sounded familiar. Enough so that when he asked, Lang answered. "Johto for a brief time, but mom took me and moved to Hoenn when she and dad split." That did remind him though, of something he hadn't thought about for awhile. "She left behind my twin?" The sentence was almost a question, as if to ask what happened.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Wait, wait, were... were you being serious about this evil twin thing?" Kennedy question, finally over her wheezing enough to poke Lan in the chest. "You have a twin?"

"I mean, I guess?" Lan spread his hands an gave a lackadaisical shrug. "Though my parents did split and take my twin so it probably likely. Never knew where they went though." It wasn't like his father had gave a shit. "I mean how many people have twins with parents that split and each took one from Johto....19 years ago?" He questioned, looking at Lang.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lang leaned back against the railing and crossed his arms loosely. "Mom didn't necessarily want him following so it makes sense she never let you in the loop. Besides, with her moving for contests so often, it would have been hard to have a consistent address anyway." That had been a frustration and a half when Lang wanted to try to make friends. Eventually he'd stopped trying.

Lang nodded at the time frame and ran a hand over his face. "Well this isn't what I was expecting when I decided to take the boat out here." There were far worse things that could have happened on this trip. Like the boat capsizing. "What happened with you?" he questioned, asking for basically everything. Mom hadn't kept him in the loop either.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"I'm a feral jungle child," Lan deadpan, sarcastic. "Ehh, you didn't miss much. Left home when I was 12? 13? And just been with Kennedy since." He gave a lazy wave not wanting to go into detail. "Saw the requirement drive and we decided to move out here to get away.

"So contestant? Did you also compete?" It sounded familiar but Lan had attempted to drown out most of his father's complaints.

Kennedy shook her head. "Welp, I'm out to let you guys have some quality brotherly bonding time. Later." She shook her head, giving a half wave before ducking down the stairs. Awkward. She was going to escape and badger Lan for details later.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Huh." Lang wasn't sure how to take that. His twin certainly didn't look feral but things could always not be what they seem. Leaving home that early was rough. Lang had had a hard enough time getting away at 19, he couldn't imagine doing it at 12. He nodded, understanding the desire not to get into things.

"Yes," it was a blunt statement, and the expression of distaste should hopefully convince Lan not to ask about it. "An island seemed like something different." As if it hadn't been the much needed escape Lang had been trying to find.

Waving as Kennedy left, Lang watched her for a moment before gesturing to where she'd gone. "Just friends? She have a similar story to you?"

Last edited:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Platonic partners, we been together since we were young and well left out on our poke adventure at the same time." Lan looked back to where she had went, fondness clear and a tad excited. "She's wonderful. You? You have a girlfriend? Boyfriend? Enby parnter?" Lan asked, curious and eager to pry in the sudden twin's life.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ah." That hadn't been something Lang had ever had. Someone his age who he was around long enough to make friends with. Either they were all trying to win the same competition and weren't above backstabbing one another to try and succeed or Lang's mom had decided to move them for a different contest before he could get to know anyone well enough to call a friend.

"No, nothing like that." Lang balked a bit at Lan's eager prying. It was something he was more used to from reporters or fans but not something he enjoyed so much. How could he change topic-ah. "Have you decided which pokemon you're going to chose when they are ready?"

Last edited:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Easy, Bulbasaur. They refused to let me have my succulents so they owe me a plant child in return," Lan replied easy enough, giving a sharp grin at his twin back pedaling. He would let it go for now, but he was totally going to fuck with his new twin later.

"You?" He questioned. "Answers or plant, teeth, or fluff."

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lan's sharp grin promised trouble later, but he had dropped it so Lang was counting it as a win. He leaned back against the rail once more. Bulbasaur huh? Well that answered the question of what kind that would have been like.

Lang made a noncommittal noise. "I just let them give me whatever was available. I think they said it would probably be a torchic but I won't be upset if it isn't." He shrugged and looked off into the distance, watching as the island slowly grew closer. "What did you plan on doing once you got here?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Fluff then, it is a good choice." Lan looked at the island, watching the waves sweep past them. "Exploration, it is what me and Kennedy have done before and well, we are good at it." He said simply. "Fairlight hired us on to go out and explore and see what the island has to offer. I'm rather excited about it." The possibility of new pokemon.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lang glanced at Lan before focusing back on the island once more. Exploring huh? Odds are he'd end up doing that as well. He hadn't exactly had a good plan for what to do once he got to this point anyway.

"You had pokemon before this right? What's happening with them?" He and Lan were both getting something from the island, but what about his friend. Not to mention if they normally went out exploring, they must have had some sort of pokemon. Lang didn't have this problem but he was curious what they were doing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.