Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[PRP] Fateful first encounters [Kennedy/Lan/Lang][Done]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"They are with the local ranger crew in the local haunt we been sticking to. They offered to watch them for us while we went to the island. At least until we had enough funds to get them sent over and thru quarantine," Lan replied. "We have eight all together so it weird being this bare."

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Makes sense. What all pokemon did you have?" Lang's mother had a handful of pokemon, so he knew small groups were relatively common. Asking what they had would likely lead to who had what or maybe even what they used them for. Contests didn't have much in the way of battle or being out in the wilds, so learning a bit about what it was like out there would be in his benefit. Much as he'd enjoy being thrown feet first into the wilds, an idea of what to expect would be nice.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Eight or so, four I personally caught and four Kennedy then. We sort of swapped them in and out." It was odd and he knew it but Lan didn't give a shit. "My personal ones were Dewgong, Yanma, Gilgar, and Misdreavus." He didn't mind letting Lang know. "They are all at home until I have time to get them through quarantine." Money was always a issue.

"I like ghosts a lot and ice types." He was rather fond of them.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Why those two?" Lang asked. Memories of dual colored eyes gazing haughtily at him threatened to bring down his mood, but he forcefully ignored them. He was out of reach of all of them here.

Glancing at the island, he was pleased to see them getting closer. "I can't say that I have much of a preference."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"I like danger?" Lan shrugged, leaning against the rail, head thrown back in thought. "All of them have some danger to them, but ghosts can sap your energy if you aren't careful and Ice types can be difficult to connect with. But when you get their trust, they are strong partners."

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Lang gave a half hearted nod. Both those things made sense. Well, as much sense as someone who had been left on their own to fend through the wilds of Johto could make sense. Lang wasn't sure he really understood the appeal but to each their own.

The rest of the trip to the island was spent in much the same manner, just getting to know one another a bit and learning bits and pieces of what they had gone through. By the time they reached the island itself Lang was more comfortable with both his twin and his twins friend. Enough that he exchanged numbers with both of them and agreed to meet up again after they'd picked up their provided pokemon.

Lang felt a swell of hope as they started disembarking. This was a great first step. A parting, a reunion, and a fresh start all at once.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
It was surprising catching up with his long lost twin with his platonic soul mate; when Kennedy had stopped wheezing and snapping the occasional photo and then doctoring them in various apps and blowing up his phone sending him Blingees. Really it wasn't as if he hadn't mentioned he was a twin... though he couldn't remember saying if they were close to identical or not.

He had a few concerns about Lang, he seemed to have baggage and not the I been living in the woods by myself these pass five years sort of baggage. Emotional baggage. The not fun kind. Lan made an note to actually keep track of his twin.. or try to, and left the docks with Kennedy to get settled in and trying to ignore the buzzing of his phone about another text message.

Status
Not open for further replies.