Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PRP] Heavy Paws, Sharp Claws (Branchtail/Talonfang)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Branchtail still fancied himself a proud tomcat, despite the fact that he was clearly one of the older cats in TreeClan. He had joined TreeClan after the remains of MountainClan had formed into StoneClan. He'd raised his first litter in the beginnings of TreeClan and since then had watched it flourish and grow. He wouldn't be surprised if TreeClan was among the largest of the Clans, if not the largest. He had never been back to MountainClan himself, though rumor had it that the elders and few warriors who had remained there were somehow still alive. Even then, he couldn't imagine that they were doing as well as the cats of the forest.

No one had left TreeClan for any other purpose or lifestyle, unlike the many who had left StoneClan. He'd always felt smug about that. These days, looking at the clan, he felt proud and smug about a great deal. While his paws were falling heavier against the branches these past moons and sometimes he would stumble, forgetting to raise them up as high as he used to, he would still push his energy out to attend the dusk and evening patrols. No raccoons were getting past him, not if he could help it, anyway!

At that moment, the sun was still high in the sky and he had an unusual burst of energy. He was standing close to the center of camp, flexing his claws and jumping forward and swiping out his right claw across an unseen foe and then jumping back. Hm, he wasn't as fast as he used to be, but this was certainly much more grace than he'd had in the past few moons! How exciting! Now if only he had a sparring partner, but everyone seemed so busy - no, not busy, scared! Ha! They were all too scared to come face off against a warrior of his history. Yes, that could be the only explanation for it.
Mouse-hearts, heh heh heh. @Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
The half-toned tom lay on a low branch above the camp, his tail swishing through the air impatiently, frowning as he shredded the bark beneath his paws.

Things were going perfectly. Better than expected! Everyone was full-fed, settling down and popping out countless noisy, yowling little scraps. The strays in the area were either too afraid to mess with their borders or had already gone and joined Sunseer's group. Sun above, he'd let anyone in these days, from the rumors bouncing about the trees. Everything was... good. Ideal. Peaceful.

Which meant that Talonfang was incredibly bored.

Was it bad that he missed the thrill of survival? He was a Warrior. Yes, he knew very well that meant more than fighting, but... There would be some fighting, right? What use were these battle moves they were taught if there was no cat to use them on? Felt like a waste, using them on birds.

Green eyes shifted. An ear flicked. Talon caught Branchtail's movements below and his whiskers twitched in amusement.

"Gettin' slow, Branchtail. Want me to send a 'paw to make room for ya in the Elder's Nest?" He taunted lightheartedly from his branch.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Branchtail looked up from his practicing at the sound of another voice. His green gaze eventually caught sight of the flashy pelt that belonged to Talonfang and he smirked with a shrug.
"It comes with age, Talonfang, but I'm sure you know that." He replied. "Give it a moon or three and you may be feeling like settling down too." He flicked his ears. "You've no authority to tell any paw what to do, but I appreciate your offer. I daresay there's more work to be done in the Elders Den than one apprentice would be able to handle as it is. Maybe you should be the one going in and doing the dirty work for a change. I daresay you might find it pleasingly grounding, to work among the roots." Branchtail called up to the tomcat with a smile.

"Or... if you find such work too terribly beneath you, you could come help loosen up my old muscles with a proper sparring match. What do you say to that, hm?" He suggested
. @Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Talonfang scoffed and threw the old tom a half-grin, "Me? Nah, I did my time. And," He slipped down off the low-hanging branch and landed gracefully on his paws, "Settling down's for old folks who talk too much."

His cocky half-grin grew and he threw out a deep laugh, "Now yer speakin' my language, old man!" And he took a second to crack his neck before stepping up the to brown tom, chest fluffed up and eyes bright. Finally, something to get his blood pumping!

"I'll give ya the first move, pops," And he slips down into fighting position, ready and eager. "Make it a good one."

Talonfang (Warrior)
HP: 10
Damage: 5 per hit
To Hit: 10+

@belloblossom