Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP]Music is the Window to the Soul[Ruffled Soundwave X Hazy Melody]

It had been a while since Soundwave had gone out to do show off some music. He didn't want to get out of his rhythm, and he really did need the money for more equipment. He really wanted to take his music to the next level, prove to others and himself that he could be more than just some small singer that did music at parties and stuff. So, you can imagine the excitement when the day of his show came. It wasn't just him performing, though, it was a group of different performers showing off their talents. He was actually more excited due to this, he didn't want all the focus to be on him the whole time, that would just make him way too much pressure for one of his first big shows.

He brushed any worries he had left in him aside, standing in front of a mirror as he checked his feathers, making sure he couldn't find a single imperfection on him. The backstage area he was waiting in was surprisingly packed, but he didn't have any issues with that for now, he wasn't thinking about what all these artists thought of him. It was the audience he was overthinking. He listened to artist after artist, battling off any anxieties that may poke at him. Either way, when it came his time to enter the stage, he sang his heart out, as loud and proud as he could. Nothing could stop him! It almost felt like a flash of moments. He was offstage, he was onstage singing, and then he wasn't. Was that what every show would feel like? Like an adrenaline rush of moments, all flooding him at once?

He hoped so.

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D

Hazy watched in amazement as the plethora of differing artists took the stage one at a time. He'd been one of the first vocalists to hit said stage for today's show, singing an original. He poured his very soul onto that stage not too long ago, but admittedly the feeling afterward was bittersweet. It always was to him. Hazy loved the feeling of being on stage- all eyes on him, taking in his voice. After everything was over, the crowd would cheer and his heart would flutter... Then it was gone. That's just how it goes, he supposed.

Being on stage and the center of attention wasn't all he enjoyed, however. Hazy also took pleasure in watching all the other performances, hence why he was still lingering around backstage. Taking small moments of his time to congratulate the other ponies on a job well done... That was another part he was rather fond of. After all, the more musicians he met, the higher chance of making new friends and possibly shaking things up in the music world! Although, if he were honest, most of them could use a bit of coaching..

And then the flightless came along.

"THAT WAS AMAZING!" Hazy exclaimed excitedly, bounding over to the green stallion and nearly tripping over his own feet. The guy had just gotten done his own performance and Hazy was in awe. "You're so good at belting!"

Soundwave had just walked backstage, content on getting himself some water and relaxing until the show was over. Oh, that was so much fun! He wanted to do that more. Maybe one day he could have a band of his own! That would be amazing! Oh well. As he was walking and spacing out, his thoughts were quickly interrupted by a loud exclamation as a dragon pony came rushing towards him. He couldn't help a small amused huff that left him as he watched the bright stallion stumble over his claws.

At the others words he felt his pride swell and he proceeded to raise his head a little higher, shaking his feathers a little bit. "Oh, really? Thank you. I try my best. Belting is super easy with the right practice!" He said. His voice was deep, though not scratchy or rough. It was surprisingly smooth, you had to take care of your vocal chords to be a singer, and gosh did he want to be one! Also, surprisingly, he didn't feel grumpy right now. The excitement of being on stage hadn't quite left him and he still had a load of energy to deal with socializing for now. "You're that pony that went on near the start, right..? I'm sorry, what was your name again?" Soundwave asked, his tone lowering slightly.. almost embarrassed? He had no reason to remember this stallions name when they had announced it, why should he be embarrassed about it?

Oh well, none the less, being complimented right after one of his very first real shows, especially by another performer, was going to be the highlight of Soundwave's day, he could feel it.

@Joshuality

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D

As the stallion spoke, Hazy felt his anxiety spike. For the first time in forever, Hazy felt like a timid little fanboy again. All the other musicians who had played were good, too, and he didn't have any trouble talking to and congratulating them! Why was this any different? Okay, so this flightless was good at singing and his belting was alright, so what?

No, that wasn't going to work. He wasn't just 'good' or 'alright'... Hazy thought the entire performance was outstanding. Downtalking him definitely didn't help anything. He had to admit that maybe- juuust maybe- he was a little captivated right now.. Wait, did he just ask for Hazy's name? Shoot, how long has he been sitting there quiet for?

"HAZY! Uh, Hazy Melody! That's my full name, yeah, but you can call me Hazy for short," the dragon sputtered out, chuckling awkwardly at his own foolishness. He searched his own head for the name they'd announced earlier. "And you're, uh, Soundwave? Right? It's nice to meet you!" Hazy offered an outstretched clawed hoof in greeting.

@AlicornPlayhouse

Soundwave tilted his head as he waited for a response from the fellow performer, the feathers that resided where his tail would be seemed to flick in an odd manner. Or was that just a trick of the light? Did they really move? It's hard to say. Either way, he was becoming a tad concerned. Was the other pony alright? Had he said something wrong?

He opened his mouth- or- beak- to speak, ask if he was alright, when the stallion finally replied. All be it he seemed caught off guard. "Hazy Melody? I like it." He chirped with a small smile. "I didn't approach you after your performance, but you're very good!" He honestly did like the others performance from earlier- or, what he could remember of it- he'd just been too busy panicking over his own to compliment anyone, much less Hazy.

"It seems we have somewhat similar names, in a weird way." He added. "I'm Soundwave, yes, my full name is Ruffled Soundwave." He raised his head a little higher, almost pridefully. [One day, everyones going to know that name. I'm going to be a star!] He thought to himself, not daring to voice this dream with the other pony. "It's nice to meet you too! You seem to have caught me in a good mood." Soundwave acknowledged softly, possibly he could make a friend when he wasn't feeling grumpy or tired.

@Joshuality

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D

"Ah, really? Thank you! It means a lot to hear you say that!" Hazy's face flushed a light pinkish color. He glanced away from the other stallion for a brief moment, looking down at his hooves shyly. As much as Hazy loved being in the spotlight (not to mention how much he yearned to have a crowd of fans just for him), one-on-one interactions actually made him quite nervous. Having a million adoring eyes staring at your onstage persona versus one pony talking to the real you? Yeah, he'd much rather the first option to be honest.

Hazy's golden gaze met the other's once more as he looked up again. "Ruffled Soundwave, huh? I guess our names are pretty similar," The dragon snickered. "Guess we were both born to be musically-inclined."

'Ruffled Soundwave and Hazy Melody.. That definitely sounds like an iconic duo. Maybe we could even mix it up a bit. Hazy Soundwave sounds pretty cool! That would make an awesome band name, too. Wait, what am I thinking, I've only just met the guy!' His thoughts blundered ahead of him faster than he could keep up. Although, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. They were both sort of starting out, were both pretty dang good at singing if Hazy did say so himself, and they could probably help each other out.

"Hey, uh, since you're in a good mood..." Hazy started slowly, trying to plan out his words on the spot. "Maybe you'd like to link up sometime? If you're willing, of course. I mean, I could use a good lesson on belting from a guy like you, or we could maybe do.. a show together? Or we could just talk!" Yet again, his eyes darted away from Soundwave as he realized his own words and felt his face heat up again. "If you're interested at all, that is, I mean.. I wouldn't be upset if you said no, I know you probably have a busy schedule or something like that, that's totally fine!"

@AlicornPlayhouse

Soundwave couldn't help but do a small double take. It meant a lot..? Did this pony really like his singing that much? His stomach twisted up a little, he could feel an uncomfortable knot of pressure.. was this what it felt like to be recognized for his singing? He felt expectations bore down on him, a heavy weight of worry.. but it was also almost freeing.. somebody liked him. A fellow artist liked him enough to say that! To come up to him like that! Oh, it was just.. amazing!

"Apparently!" He said with a small laugh. "Well, fate seems to have wanted us to be, at the very least." He paused. "I'd say we both do a pretty good job at our destiny." Soundwave joked softly.

Once again, Soundwave was completely floored by the words the other stallion said. His eyes widened, the feathers on his head seemed to rise a little bit as well. Maybe do a show.. with Hazy? Oh, he was beyond down for that! He couldn't help the little bounce in his step as his claws feet made a little 'clack clack' on the floor. "I'd love to!" He chirped before containing himself a bit more. "That.. that would be amazing. I don't have a schedule at all..! I'm free whenever, all the time, actually-." He chuckled nervously, shifting his weight around a little bit.

@Joshuality

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D

Hazy was about to start rambling on some more while backtracking when the other stallion took him by surprise. He actually agreed AND he was also excited! Hazy couldn't believe it. Think of all the possibilities that just opened up for them both! The dragon's ears perked higher.

"Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that!" He was practically bouncing himself, shifting his weight between his claws. His excitement flared up and for just a mere second, you could see what looked like smoke being blown out of the dragon's nostrils as he breathed out. "So, if you're feeling up to it, how about we meet up.. tomorrow?"

There was a brief pause as Hazy's mind pieced another question together. Before the flightless had a chance to respond, Hazy spoke up again. "We could do lunch? And we can start working on our music plans! I'm thinking someplace not too quiet but not too busy so that we're overrun, ya know? That way we can chat without too much noise but it'll be enough so that the silence isn't wild!"

@AlicornPlayhouse

The large feathers that replaced a tail seemed to flick a little along with his ears.. well, could you call them ears? They were just as feathery as the rest of the pony. Oh well, Soundwave found himself with no time to ponder the deep question of whether or not he had ears, he was already busy overthinking the whole encounter that was to come! What if Hazy didn't like talking about philosophy type things? What if he was too grumpy and turned Hazy away with his mild... pessimism? Oh so much could go wrong!

But, once more, he was distracted as he watched the stallion bounce a bit, finding himself smiling at the slight smoke as he attempted not to snicker. He opened his mouth to respond enthusiastically only to find Hazy was continuing to speak, and he wasn't complaining. He patiently waited, listening intently the entire time.

"That sounds amazing." Soundwave exclaimed, hardly stopping himself from prancing around. "Lunch sounds perfect! And, if it's too loud, we could always head down to like.. I dunno.. a park or something? Sit and eat while we discuss stuff?" The feathers on the back of his neck stood on end, along with the crest of feathers on top of his head. He was so overwhelmed with the possibilities he couldn't help it! His excitement was almost unbearable. Because... well.. what if Hazy DID like those things..? It couldn't get much better than that!

@Joshuality

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D

"I'm so glad you're on board." Hazy stated whilst trying to tone down his outward excitement. "A park could be nice, too! Whatever works for you." Man, he truly did feel like a little colt getting all sparky over a simple agreement of plans. He could be excitable and it wasn't exactly easy for him. More often than not, his emotions were worn out on his sleeves and on display for everypony to see. Although...

Studying him, Hazy began to think perhaps Soundwave was similar. The way his feathers pricked up and the light shone in his eyes... He wasn't exactly hiding it, either. Hazy started to wonder if it was like this for all flightless, would they all be easily read by their feathers? Was it just Soundwave? Or was Soundwave able to hide it but instead showing it off for Hazy's sake? The dragon understood his own reactions were obvious, perhaps Soundwave was just mimicking him to make him feel more comfortable.

Hazy shook off the thought before his mind could derail again into a spiral of dissonance. "Lunchtime, then! I'll see you there!" He grinned, flashing his teeth. Hazy was already buzzing with ideas, he almost couldn't wait. In fact, if he wanted to impress Soundwave, he could leave early and get a head start on some brainstorming! He turned to leave, but pivoted back after a momentary halt.

"Wait- er, right, I forgot to ask where.." He chuckled awkwardly. "Uhm, why don't you pick the place? I'll eat just about anything." Which wasn't far from the truth.

@AlicornPlayhouse

Soundwave was internally questioning just about every decision he had just made. He's never this nervous! He's always sure about what he's doing..! Ugh, he wasn't used to planning out social interactions. He needs to get better at that if he wants to become something big. "Of course I'm on board! I'd never pass up an opportunity to get to know someone as talented as you, and work with you some!" He didn't know the words coming from his mouth, honestly. All of it was just.. say what comes to mind! Quick! Don't look tired! Perk your head up more! Be alive, Soundwave!

[Relax, Soundwave, it's fine.. No not that relaxed that'd look weird- ugh!] He just settled to let his emotions get the better of him, allowing his front claws to pick off the ground a little in an small excited clatter. Hazy wouldn't think he was weird for being excited, right? Hazy is acting just as excited! It's fine... It's fine right?

"Oh- yea, yeah I'll see you then!" He responded with a smile of his own, though he felt his excitement sink a little. Did their interaction have to end this soon? He was having so much fun watching the other stallion get excited. It was... endearing, for lack of a better term? He didn't want to stop talking, even if he'd be seeing Hazy the next day. He resigned to his fate of having to wait for them to meet again and went to turn away, only to find Hazy spinning back around to continue speaking. His head perked up once again.

How could he have forgotten where they were going to meet?! What would he have done if they both left just now and never saw eachother again?! Maybe that's a bit of en exaggeration but Hazy is an artist, everything he does in exaggerated. "I guess I forgot too, heh.." He said softly, not Hazy to feel awkward, they both didn't really remember.. "Well, there's this really good sandwich place near by! It's just a few streets down from here, by that store that fabric store? We could meet there, if you'd like...!" He offered after a moments thought.

@Joshuality

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D

Hazy's eyes practically began sparkling. He knew of that sandwich shop! Of course, he'd never actually eaten there before.. He was just glad enough to know it's location so he wouldn't wind up lost. This dragon wasn't great at following directions too well.

"Sure, it's a date!" He grinned ear-to-ear. There was a long pause. And then came the backtracking.

"N-not like a date date, y'know, like a friend date- er, get together! A hang out!" His nervous energy came bubbling out of him like somebody turned the heat up just a smidge too high on the stove. He couldn't stop the words, they just seemed to pop right on out one after the other. Oh, dear. He cringed internally at his own awkwardness. Hopefully Soundwave wouldn't think him too odd and take back the idea of joining him.

Hazy's body shifted to stillness as he waited for a response from the other pony. The only part of him that kept moving was his tail, which wagged side-to-side in a slow, anxious manner.

(sorry if short am getting back into things late owo; ) @AlicornPlayhouse

Soundwave couldn't help the heat that rose in his face at the other stallions excitement. The light in his eyes was almost contagious, endearing. Hazy was so interesting.. much more bold than he, it seemed, but he also seemed gentle. Or.. was that gentle? Oh, he's so bad at words! How does he explain it?

Suddenly, he found himself thrown aback. Date..? Is it a date? Is he okay with that being a date? Oh, would that be alright? Is that what Hazy wanted to do?

But, his thought process was once again thrown off as Hazy quickly explained himself, stumbling over his words and backtracking. His feathers slowly lowered down like the ears on a cat or dog would, flattened on his neck, why was he.. mildly disappointed? Was he not good looking enough to go out with? Was he too closed off? [No! Soundwave, stop it. You just met him, that's why. You didn't do anything wrong.] His common sense kicked in and he blinked quickly, allowing his feathers to raise again. "Oh, yeah. No, I get it! I can't wait to.. uh.. hang out with you more, then!"

That much was very true. He wanted to know more about his new musician friend. Maybe Hazy would like his music even more with discussion? Maybe Hazy would prove to be interested in the same deeper meanings behind lyrics as he? He could only dream of someone so amazing. Would Hazy be that perfect friend?

@Joshuality ( That's fine <3 I'm always around, so no rush! )

Joshuality

Grizzled Veteran
D

Hazy breathed deeply, trying hard to seem calm and collected. He quite obviously wasn't. Flitting through his mind, the regrettable interaction felt like a pressure on his chest. Why was he so worked up about it? Awkward things happened all the time. Especially with Hazy! Yet somehow this felt.. different.

Reality snapped back into place and he found himself watching the other stallion carefully. In their very short time together, Hazy picked up on what he was now referring to in his head as 'Feather Language'. Awfully clever, I know. But he found that if he watched close enough, he could see in Soundwave's feathers how he was reacting to certain things that Hazy said or did. So far, prickled up feathers seemed to convey excitement or joy?

As the redness finally began fading from the dragon's face, he caught something else. Soundwave's feathers.. flattening? In all honesty, Hazy had absolutely no idea what this meant. He couldn't pick up any change in the other's voice- besides that sort of awkward chuckle. Whatever it meant, Hazy just hoped it was positive.

"R-right! I'll see you then! For real this time, heh..." He turned to actually leave this time, looking back to offer, "And.. It was really nice meeting you!"

Hazy already could not wait for tomorrow the second he was out of Soundwave's sight.

@AlicornPlayhouse

Soundwave felt oddly nervous as he noticed the other stallion seemed to be watching him quite intently, specifically the feather crest that rested atop his head. Did something look weird about them? He usually didn't spend time making sure his feathers were clean and looked how they should, but he swore he spent forever to make sure his first show was good and he looked nice! He knew he wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing of ponies, with a break instead of a muzzle and feathers instead of a mane, but.. he didn't think he looked that bad.. did Hazy think he looked bad?!

He made a point to never be nervous about how he looked. He stayed at home all day and napped, what did it matter? People could stare or scoff, it didn't affect him, he would never be bothered.. but something about this made him want to look nice. He didn't want Hazy to see him for what he was, some tired grump that just wanted to go sleep for a little longer and tell some people to get off his lawn. What happened to all that confidence he had when leaving the stage? He couldn't tell you.

Suddenly his thoughts were derailed as Hazy was actually leaving, and he couldn't help a tiny pang as the brightly colored stallion turned around to go. He knew he wasn't going to get another excuse to talk to him again before, he wasn't that lucky, certainly. "Yeah, I'll see you there!" He put on a smile as he tilted his head. He didn't turn to leave himself, standing there to watch for a moment.

He was happy he'd stood and waited, because it made it all the more pleasing when Hazy turned back. "Yeah, it was nice to meet you too.." He said quietly, watching as he trotted off. His feathers went down the slightest bit and he let out a soft sigh. Tomorrow was going to be the best day ever...

@Joshuality