Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PRP] One Sided Conversations [ Sunseer x Morningsky ]

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
As the first gentle touches of sunrise spread their warmth over his fading coat, the Sunseer's eyes flickered open. There was a moment of stretching and a wide yawn, long claws flexing, leaving white scratches into the stone as he shook the sleep from his pelt. But he did not dwaddle. His nest here held nothing for him. No memories of the warm body that had slept there with him, no paw prints staining the wall. No, this den was a place for rest, nothing more.

Things were finally settling down, he thought, as he padded around the Stone Circle, his tail dragging along the large center rock. He let his paws find the growing pile of casting stones, a sharp, deep cut when he thought of how many there could have been. He gave them each a moment of silence, sending a prayer to SunClan that those who had left and had been left were well and safe. He sniffed at the fresh-kill pile, peeked in on Skysong, and had her set up the dawn patrol and the day's first hunting group.

"Do you want me to go with you, Sunseer?" The white deputy had asked him, but he had declined, "I need to learn this land my way. But thank you. I'll be back soon."

And so with slow and careful paw steps, the blinded leader set out to explore his new territory once more. He would do this every day until he knew the hills as well as he had the mountains, he vowed, and then some. During these walks, Sunseer let his mind reach out. He searched for more than just landmarks, he sought the seclusion and closeness that the Cave of Visions had once offered him. It had been weeks since he had felt the warmth of SunClan's presence and his heart ached.

Then, one bright, sunny day, he felt it. He couldn't describe it. A sense of familiarity, maybe. Step after step, he followed it until his paws found smooth, warm stones. Here, over this part of the river, there were no trees to shadow him. The sun felt strong and bright on his fur. He blinked slowly, his eyes heavy and he knew he should rest here, this perfect, sunny spot. Sunseer curled up and before long was lost in the sun-streaked memories of his life before.

"Morningsky..." He murmured, his own voice waking him. He looked around as if expecting to see her. But of course, there was only white. His ears drooped and he sighed, sinking his head into his paws, allowing himself a moment of mourning that he simply hadn't been able to afford until now.

Last edited: