Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

{PRP} Regrets hang heavy {Dandelionclaw x Stormsong}- FIN

DragonGirl1031

Station Visitor
D

Stormsong plodded slowly, following the cat in front of him mindlessly. His thoughts and mood hung heavily around his shoulders. He deeply regretted leaving his sister Silverstreak with the elders. Had he known she intended to stay he wouldn't have hesitated to stay with her. But he was absolutely sure in his heart that Sunclan had sent him a dream that told him to go with the others.

The gray tom stopped and looked up at the sky and wondered what Silverstreak was doing. Possibly hunting? On a Patrol? Would he ever see his sister again? Stormsong didn't want to consider the answer to that. He stumbled a couple steps forward as someone ran into his hindquarters. "Sorry," he mumbled as he started his slow steps forward again.

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dandelionclaw wasn't broken up about the move. Sure, he could sympathize with the other cats, to leave your home and even some of your kin behind was tough. Luckily, his mothers and father had chosen to leave and most of his siblings had too. He spent a great deal of time traveling among the others, acting more as a night watch, guarding over those who slept. He wasn't a great hunter, but if there was something Dandelionclaw was certain of, it was his ability to pack a wallop.

Now that he'd found the river, he was feeling even more certain in Sunseer's vision and the path that SunClan had led them to the right choice. Ignoring the drama between Palepaw and Branchtail, he set his mind on the prospect of continuing forward. There was no point trying to get caught up in current drama or that of the past. All the cats here had made their decisions to leave... or, even if those like Palepaw, who had been harassed about it continually, they were still making their choices, even if it was influenced by outside sources. Well, he wasn't going to get any more involved in the dramatic longings or regrets of other cats.

He didn't think too much on it when he ran into Stormsong, an older tomcat, brother to Dawnstride and Duskwing, who had accompanied the group and Silverstreak, who had not.
"That was my bad, I wasn't looking where I was walking." He mewed and moved to pass up onto Stormsong's side. "Taking it all in, are you? So am I. Everything is so unfamiliar and new." He offered Stormsong a grin. "What're you most looking forward to, when we get closer to the river?" @DragonGirl1031

DragonGirl1031

Station Visitor
D
It took him a moment to realize the other tom, Dandelionclaw if he remembered right, was talking to him. He glanced away awkwardly for a moment as the other talked about the new place. "Truth be told, I wasn't thinking about it at all." He'd been so wrapped up in what he'd left behind to notice what was right in front of him.

"I mean trees are trees and rocks are rocks right?" Stormsong looked around a bit. Maybe he'd never seen that particular rock before, but it was just another rock. And that tree swayed in the breeze just as any other tree did. "I guess having plenty of water to drink," he tried not to sound too glum. Dandelionclaw was clearly enjoying himself and the adventure they were on.

"What about you? Find anything super exciting yet?" He tried to make conversation. Maybe it might take his mind off his sister.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dandelionclaw stared at Stormsong, narrowing his eyes. How could this tomcat be so bland? Trees were trees and rocks were rocks? But they were NEW trees, and NEW rocks! Not the same old ones they left behind in their old territory. Why, if the river hadn't dried up, MountainClan would undoubtedly have stayed in that ravine for generations to come. While Dandelionclaw surely wished that no one had died since their river was stolen from them, he wasn't going to complain now that the clan had set out to new places.

Still... he didn't want to bite off his Clanmate's ear over it, so he mewed,
"I suppose so... but it is exciting to see new territories, isn't it?" He tilted his head. "Yes, we have water to drink. That's already a step up from those who stayed behind." He flicked his ears. "What's eating at you, Stormsong? If you're hungry, I'm sure we can split off from the group to hunt. They can't get too far without us." He offered - knowing it was better to hunt in new areas with a buddy. Yes, it was very exciting for Dandelionclaw to experience all this newness, but it wasn't going to turn him into a complete mousebrain - his mothers taught him better than that.

"Super exciting?" He echoed. "Hm... I don't know if I could say that, per se, but I think any adventure at all is something to be happy about. I just wish the others could've tried to come along. It's such a waste that they remained." He shook his head. "There was no point in convincing the elders, but all those warriors... I mean, your sister chose to stay behind, didn't she?" He asked bluntly. "I wonder if she regrets it." @DragonGirl1031

DragonGirl1031

Station Visitor
D
Exciting to see new territories? Perhaps he would have been more excited if his sister had come with them. It would have been a competition to see who could find the most new things.

Stormsong shook his head when Dandelionclaw asked if he was hungry. "That's not it." Sure he was hungry, but they all were to some point. The hunting was better the further out they got, but it was still lean pickings. "We can go if you like." The group wouldn't out pace the two lean toms, and Stormsong was sure any extra prey would be welcomed.

The tom gave a wince as Dandelionclaw cut straight to the bone that was bothering him. "Aye, she did." He shook his head, "it was her choice, so I doubt she'll regret it." She was doing what she thought was right. Stormsong was positive that SunClan had wanted him to go with the group though. Why was eating him alive. "I wish the elders would have at least tried to come with us."

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dandelionclaw was having a hard time understanding why Stormsong was acting so sour, but he shrugged it off. It wasn't like him to get too overly involved with his Clanmates - sure, he lived and grew up with them, he was friendly with his Clan! But after seeing so much death in the Clan, well... he didn't feel safe growing attached to cats until they found a steady source of water and prey again. That's what this journey was all about. Hopefully it would all be worthwhile.

"If you're not hungry, we should stay with the group until Sunseer or Skysong organize a hunting patrol." He remarked and then tilted his head towards Stormsong when he continued on about his sister. "It's obvious that some of us who went on their journey wish they had stayed back, but I suppose you know your sister better than I do." He said with a shrug, thinking of the fuss Palepaw and her family had caused during the voting procedure.

At Stormsong's mention of the elders, he shook his head. That was something he'd always had an opinion about, at least.
"Better to have them die in their home, where they'd like to be, rather than out traveling somewhere they would have never seen." He mewed to the grey tomcat. "They would've slowed us down and I wasn't about to argue with Thistlefur. She looked about ready to claw off anyone's ears by the end of it all." He did wonder, if that feisty elder had made it, she'd always had the biggest personality in the elders' den, that was for sure.

"Anyway, they didn't come with us. Your sister didn't come with us. So it's on us to look ahead to the future, wherever SunClan leads us." He said with a smile. "I'm sure they won't let us down, not since we've decided to take our fate into our own paws. Surely if they couldn't help us on the mountain, it was some issue in the territory placement and not us as cats." He glanced up at the sky. "SunClan would never abandon us." He mewed confidently. "We're going to be just fine... wherever we end up." @DragonGirl1031

DragonGirl1031

Station Visitor
D
Stormsong felt as gray as his pelt. Would his world ever feel right again? Somehow, he didn't believe it would. He nodded mutely in response to Dandelionclaw saying they should remain with the group. It wouldn't bode well if the warriors got separated from the group. One would think they could track a group as large as this down without problem, but why take the risk?

He shrugged rather than fight with the other tom. "The elders did as they wanted to as well." There were probably many in the clan who didn't agree with certain choices. What was done was done. He could only wish the elders the best and happy hunting with SunClan.

Where was Sunclan leading them? Why had they told him he had to go along? Was it because they knew his sister wouldn't be going? These were more for a medicine cat! Stormsong shook his head. "I hope they won't," he murmured softly.

"I hope the end comes soon because my paws are hurting!" He tried to joke. Maybe the effort was a little flat, but at least he had tried to lighten the mood. "Say, when that hunting party is set up, would you like to pair up with me for it?"

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dandelionclaw nodded along to Stormsong's words, relieved that the tomcat seemed to be coming around to a more amicable mood. Flicking his tail against Stormsong's flank when the tomcat complained about his paws hurting.

"You and me both!" He said with a grin. "Yeah, absolutely. Ya know, we can probably catch up to Skysong and Sunseer now to volunteer for a hunting patrol. Maybe invite some of the lovely she-cats that joined us to come along." He said, nudging the silver tomcat. "Or better yet, maybe Skysong will promote us to... uh... Super Cool Warriors if we make the effort to support the Clan." He chuckled, knowing such things weren't possible, but also lusting for acknowledgement from his Clanmates.

Increasing his speed, Dandelionclaw beckoned with his tail for Stormsong to follow. They had a short term goal of food and Dandelionclaw had his long term goal to survive. Hopefully, his Clanmates would follow along with that intent. @DragonGirl1031