Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[ PRP ] Savior [ Scrap x Eagle ]

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
The tall grasses of the sun-soaked clearing shifted, rippling like gentle waves of gold and green. A mouse, small and calm, sat perched on a warm stone, nibbling a grass seed, unaware of the sage-green eyes of the cat that watched it hungrily. With his sandy coat and small size, Scrap was easily hidden.

Finally, something good. He needed a victory. It had been a trying week for the small male; with his not-father gone, he felt like he had more and more to prove. A successful hunt, even one this small, could put his anxious mind at ease long enough to let him see he wasn't a waste of food compared to his not-siblings.

Then, the wind shifted. The mouse tensed and, with the flick of a whisker, bolted.

"Fox-dung!" The young tom cursed, his claws tearing up the grass as he tore after the prey, following it to the large rocks at the center of the clearing. But Scrap was not a good hunter by any stretch of the truth. He watched the mouse retreat into a crack with dismay. "No, no, no! Come back!" He cried, leaping on top of the rocks and peering into the crack in hopes of spotting the runaway mouse.

He hadn't seen the snake, so well did the creature blend into the sun-warmed stones. It didn't even rattle until the tom had trod on it. All at once, the raspy-scaled thing hissed and flared. Scrap knew that he should move. He could practically hear his not-father's warnings rumbling in his mind. Run, run. But fear held him there upon the stones, unable to look away from it's long fangs, bright and glistening.

kovak

Grizzled Veteran
D

In the clearing, Eagle was enjoying another day in the sun just warming his thick coat up. A distance away, the tom was watching as a young cat was trying to hunt something. A mouse? Vole? Something small for sure. He chuckled at the idea of the cat catching a rabbit or something that would be out of his size. However, the next time he looked at the cat, Eagle could not help but lock into his expression. Something was wrong, and he look petrified. Eagle shot himself up and charge towards the cat. "Move!" he hissed, wanting to give the cat a notice that he was coming. But why was he just standing there? That was, until he saw it. Snake. Eagle, like his name, had long claws, and batted his front paws towards the snake, wanting to create a distance between the snake and cat.

@Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
'Move... Move, you useless flea-pelt! MOVE!' But his thoughts did not stir him, no matter how much he urged them. He almost didn't hear the other cat over the pounding of his heart.

Then, suddenly, a shadow blocked out the sun's reflection off the fangs and all at once, sound and breath came rushing in. Scrap scrambled backward, slipping off the stones and into the soft grass a tail-length below. He watched, eyes wide, as the huge silhouette of a cat came down between him and the snake.

The snake hissed back at the second cat, stubbornly defending its sunning spot. Tail whipping, it turned to lunge at Eagle!

@kovak

kovak

Grizzled Veteran
D
Eagle's heart was pounding with excitement and with fear the same time. One bite of the snake could be deadly, especially depending on where his fangs bit. On the other hand, he was also trying to stay focused on keeping the smaller cat alive too. Sure, he was a stranger, but he was still a cat like himself. Small, just like Finch too.. No time for that now, Eagle! He barely broke out of his daze in time, to notice the snake lunge in his direction. Hissing, Eagle took a jump back, fur bristled. The tom was furious and started to attempt a few more swipes before extending his paw once more to try swiping it into the air.

He was too slow and the snake's teeth sunk into his paw before letting go. Eagle felt pain, but still carried on with grabbing the snake with his mouth and shook the snake before dropping it. Eagle felt a little tired, was it poison, he did not know. Soon, the snake retreated back to the cracks of the rocks, going back to it's home. Eagle stood his ground, trying to forget the burning pain on his paw, and turned to the cat. "Are you okay?"

@Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Scrap looked up at the large shadow with a mix of awe and horror. For a brief moment, he thought it might have been Rumble, his not-father, saving his pelt yet again. But as the snake is defeated and the tom turns to look at him, Scrap inhaled involuntarily. Nope. Not Rumble at all. He stood, his sandy fur fluffed up and covered in dried grass. "M-Me?" His nose flared, his eyes filled with worry. He smelled blood.

With a quick jump, he was back on the rock, sniffing the large tom, looking for injuries, "Forget about me, what about you? It bit you, didn't it? I thought I saw..."

@kovak

kovak

Grizzled Veteran
D
Eagle took a slight step back when the stranger jumped back onto the rock, getting closer to him. He gave a slight frown before lightening his stature, hearing the other show concern.

"Umm.. it got me in the paw, but--" Eagle started, feeling kind of bad. He was there to protect the smaller tom, not be a spectacle! "What kind of cat just freezes up in front of a snake? Don't you know what could have happened if it was a mother with eggs?" The tom awkwardly licked his wound before stopping. It tasted gross and Eagle's wound was still stinging.

"Umm I'm okay though.. just probably need to rest the paw before it hurts even more." Eagle knew about cats who fell ill to bites, but did not want to make the other cat more concerned than it currently was. It was like if this cat was barely experiencing the world. Probably a sheltered cat. Eagle gave out a short snort. Hmm.. he didn't smell like a twoleg cat, but seemed like one.

"What was it you were doing here before, you know. The snake incident?" He asked, wanting to not have the spotlight on himself. It would also probably be a way to get the tom less like a scared kit too. Eagle really didn't like seeing the cat look so scared. It reminded him of his younger days with Finch.

@Blinded By Silence

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Scrap shrank back a bit, making himself smaller at the larger cat's chiding tone. His ears drooped down and he avoided the pretty violet of Eagle's eyes, "I-I don't know, me, I guess.." He waffled a moment, not wanting to make the other cat more uncomfortable. He'd answer his question for now, hoping the strange tom would let him check his wound properly, "I was hunting. Or, well.. Trying to. I seem to have wandered farther than I meant to. What about you? Do you hang out here to save cowards from snakes?"

But he shook his head and looked up at him with a huff, tossing back the tom's words, "What kind of cat brushes off a snake bite?" His eyes softened, and he continued more gently, "I'm sorry you got hurt because of me. Can I take a look? This kind of stuff is the only thing I'm good at."

@kovak