Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP] Starstruck (Stellaluna x Ad Astra)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Stellaluna had always loved to stargaze, even when she was a young foal. On cloudless nights, she would go out of her family's cabin and stare up at the sky in wonder as the sun set and day turned to night. Her family joked around, saying that she was fated to love the stars given her markings. Her parents had told her more than once that if she loved stargazing so much, she ought to make a career of it. That's exactly what she ended up doing, too. Stellaluna had always been more interested in the mythos behind stars rather than their actual scientific backing. She didn't want to know how the stars she was looking at were already gone, erased by the passing of time that she could barely comprehend. No, she wanted to know the stories in the stars and how those stories were intertwined with the lives of ponies on the earth below them. So, she left her family cabin and went to find out.

Many years later and Stellaluna had made a name for herself. She was the renowned astrologist in the area, who could read the stars and tell you about what you had in store in your future. Her specialty and what seemed to bring back old customers and bring in new, were love readings. Thanks to the stars above and her own personal ability to judge a situation, she was able to make strong predictions of a pony's love life. She'd helped many ponies and it made her happy, but... she was envious too. For while she helped many creatures find the loves of their lives, she had yet to find hers. She couldn't very well do a prediction on herself, so she found herself stuck trying to find her desired partner the old fashioned way: going on dates.

Today's hadn't gone well. In fact, it had gone about as well as the others. They talked about themselves, about how they enjoyed moonlight strolls and stargazing (which is what she always looked for in other ponies) but the moment she mentioned her career... It went downhill from there. So she'd headed home early and packed up her gear to go into the mountains. When her parents moved closer into town, she got to keep the family cabin closer to the mountains themselves. Grumbling as she got some rope together, a themos full of cocoa (tiny marshmallows included) and a lantern, she stepped out into the snow and headed up the peaks. She traveled further and further up, moving slowly, but with experienced paws. She wouldn't call herself the greatest mountaineer in the world, but she'd grown up here. At least she was better off than the tourists that came by, slipping and stumbling anywhere there was snow. She rolled her eyes at the thought and smiled, her eyes forward. She would've kept going on until she reached the top of one of the mountains, had it not been for a flicker of movement that caught her eye. Turning her head and squinting, for the light was beginning to dim rapidly since the sun had set not long ago, she spotted a pony.

"Hey!" Stellaluna shouted over at the other pony. Was this a lost tourist or a fellow mountaineer? "Are you okay? Are you lost?" She called to them, starting her way over to them, just in time to see them walk right off the cliff side.

Stellaluna screamed. @houllow

houllow

Veteran
D
It was the scream that had startled Ad Astra out of his miniature trance. The hybrid had been carelessly walking along, eyes forever cast upward, when the ground beneath him suddenly vanished. Normally he would have kept on going - wings opening in natural response somehow - but the noise shocked him and sent the stallion stumbling a bit.

Thankfully instinct did kick in and his wings spread themselves wide, propelling him back up and onto the edge absolutely no worse for the wear; if anything he looked confused as he turned his head in an effort to see where exactly the noise had come from. Surely he'd been alone up here, with no one else wanting to brave the cold despite the fact the skies were absolutely divine this evening. The colder the temperature the brighter the stars, or so Astra had always come to believe, and a puff of warm air pushed itself from his nostrils as he continued to look for his....alerter.

Not rescuer by any means, since her yelling hadn't quite done him any good, but certainly someone he would appreciate and be kind to. Astra was of the most mellow sort among his family and that wasn't always a good thing. "Someone there?" Obviously, again, there had to be since there had been yelling and screaming, but Astra seriously wasn't an observant pony.

As if walking off the side of a cliff wasn't any indication of that. "You probably shouldn't make a lot of noise up here, you might startle someone." His wings folded themselves against his back, and Astra shook the snow from his mane.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Stellaluna hadn't realized that the pony she'd called out to had wings until she spotted them in the sky. Her heart thundering in her chest from the panic that rose within her, she ran over to the other pony. As she neared, she realized that it was a stallion. In fact, in the dimming light, it looked quite like a mere piece of the sky above, coming down in the shape of a pony. She slowed as she neared, panting for a moment, before raising herself up.

"Startle someone?" She echoed as the stallion spoke. Was he being serious? Still, with the adrenaline and worry ebbing away, she found it in herself to laugh a little. "Perhaps, Sir, you might consider watching where you're going instead. I daresay strolling off a cliff might startle someone, more than my tendency to make a racket at such a sight." She reflected, before she stepped closer, narrowing her eyes. "You don't seem like you got hurt... The perks of having wings and quick reflexes, I ought to try growing my own." She said with a lingering smile, before she looked up at him.

Taking a step back, she held out a hoof.
"Fancy meeting someone else out here. I didn't think I'd meet anyone else out on the peaks, what with the weather being as it is. I'm Stellaluna, but you're welcome to call me Stella, what's your name?" Despite their initial bump in the path, so to speak, Stella wouldn't want to continue to make a bad first impression. Besides, on a night as lovely as this one... It would be a shame to ruin it with a bad attitude. @houllow

(Sorry for the late reply! I'm still up to continuing this RP if you are!)