Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP] Warm Ovens (Brioche/Chusi)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Brioche didn't travel much for work. In fact, she didn't travel much for anything! Only lately, she'd found herself in a bit of a rut when it came to baking. She wanted to explore more than just bread and while sure, playing around with herbs and spices into her breads was plenty fun, what she really wanted to do was find somepony who could teach her about sweets. She knew that her father, Chip, was a autumn pony, so even though Brioche loathed the cold, chilly autumn breezes, she also knew that there were plenty of spiced bakeries. Pumpkin spice especially, was used within that region. Surely it could be incorporated with some sort of sweet pastry too?

She wouldn't know until she found out for herself, so she packed a saddle bag, at least three jackets and some wing warmers and then headed out on the next train going into the autumn region. Even through the train ride, she was able to tell by the fog on the windows that they were heading into colder weather. By the time she got out, she'd bundled herself in so many layers it was almost like she was home. She waddled out of the train - they'd stopped in Bone Town and she was inclined to find a BnB in the area... whichever claimed to provide the best heating in town. She was strolling through the streets, getting various looks as people eyed the leg warmers and fuzzy shoes around her hooves. It was only when a chill blew through the street that she wished she'd bought some snow goggles before leaving home. Not that they would sell snow goggles in the summer season, anyway.

Brioche sighed. The food here better be worth it. She'd better be so blown out of her mind that the cold wouldn't even register with her. She was walking down one of the main streets of Bone Town, only to feel a change in temperature... but it wasn't from the cold. There was somewhere that was projecting heat nearby. Turning her head stacked under three hats with pompoms at the top, she peered at a sign that advertised a blacksmith inside. A blacksmith... maybe they were running a forge inside!

With a gasp of relief, Brioche quickly opened the door into the store, a bell jingling wildly above her head as she entered the shop and closed the door firmly behind her. With a shuddering sigh, Brioche was pleased to find that this shop, whatever it sold, was certainly warmer here than outside. Surely the owner, wherever they may be, wouldn't mind her staying in and warming up a bit. If anyone asked, she could just say she was looking around, after all. A little white lie couldn't hurt every once in a while, right? @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
chusi was in the back of her forge making a fee items for a customer when she heard the shops front door bell chime, still with her helmet on she walked out to the shop to find a pony...wait was it a pony?, She giggled behind the mask.
As Chusi started to take off her helmet her hair fell over her eyes, she brushed her fringe out of her eyes and replied
"come closer to the fire if you like, Just make sure you unbundle or you will catch fire with so many layers of clothing on, how may I help you?".

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Brioche's head turned when she heard a voice and she pulled one of her scarves down.
"I'm actually quite cozy here... Thank you. I'd certainly hate to catch flame. I may enjoy the heat, but being literally on fire might be a bit extreme." She laughed a little. "Oh, um... I just thought I'd stop by to take a look around. I've never been to Bone Town before and..." She pulled off one of her hats, allowing her to see better. Now that she was able to get a better look at the other mare, she found her cheeks turning a touch red. Dragons had always been a most impressive breed - their wings were so much larger than her small bat wings and their tails were long and smooth while Brioche's was short and stubby.

"I...Oh, um... What is it that you sell here?" She stumbled through her words, but offered a hesitant smile. She certainly didn't want to go back outside and face the cold breezes any time soon. @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Chusi smiled and replied "Welcome to bone town, My name is Chusi, I am the owner of the shop and the forge, What is it i sell here??...." Chusi's smile grew larger and walked over to her record player to play the song in which her mother always plays in her shop music play me Chusi laughs a lil and replies "I sell pretty much anything you can think of".
Chusi was always a tad eccentric her parents probably had a hand in that but she loved her eccentric parents.

@belloblossom

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Well, it certainly was an interesting way to explain through what the dragon sold, but Brioche was a straightforward mare, just like her mum. She would experiment with spices and delicacies with some creativity, sure, but this was more extravagant than she was used to.

"Hm... anything?" Brioche wondered allowed. Looking around, it looked like the forge was meant to create metal products. She smiled. "What about a loaf of bread?" She inquired, but then waved a hoof. "I'm just teasing. Let me ask this, then, to best narrow it down. What is your specialty at this store?" @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Chusi laughed and replied "if you wanted a loaf for decoration yes!!! Chusi stuck out her tongue in a cheeky matter.
"My specialty, hmmm i can make anything with leather and iron i suppose, but really my imagination and my hammer are one, its like i think of something and my hammer knows what to do, i know that might sound strange but its the only way i can explain it." Chusi picked up a book that was on the counter and walked over to the pony? she wasn't too sure as she couldn't see because all of the layers they had on. "here is a book that has what ive made so far, what is it that you wanted to be made" Chusi replied as she handed the book over.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Brioche offered a smile to the dragon, but shook her head.
"I think I'm alright without the decorative loaf, thanks." She replied. When the mare went on to describe that she tended to use leather and iron, Brioche nodded slowly, taking the book and flipping through it. "You've got a pretty impressive list here." She remarked, but handed it back to the dragon. "But... I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm not actually here to make a purchase. More like the use of your forge... for warmth, not literally. It's a lot more chilly out in this region than I'm used to." She admitted sheepishly. Her mother had told her to bring a charm for warmth, but Brioche hadn't wanted to spend the bits.

Foolish. She thought with a sigh, but she went on to smile at the dragon. "I'll still pay you for the time... or I can step out now, if it's a bother." She glanced towards the door and tugged one of her scarves tighter around her shoulders instinctively. "Is... is it always so breezy in the autumn region?" She asked wearily. Maybe she should just hop on the next train home. @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Chusi watched the pony flipping through her lifes work ( well what she has done so far ), she was nervous as she was only used to the locals and she knew off the top of her head what everyone needed, chusi nervously playing with one her wings when the stranger said "you've got a pretty impressive list here But... I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm not actually here to make a purchase. More like the use of your forge... for warmth " Chusi beemed with happiness when she heard the ponies praises. "thank you, hey i dont mind follow me inside, there's a fire pit in my house, ill make something warm for both of us, plus its more comfortable inside" Chusi replied and waved her claw to get the pony to follow her.

@belloblossom

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Brioche perked her ears at the offer. Goodness, ponies from the autumn sector were friendly! She thought of her father and smiled... yes, that certainly made sense, she reflected and had no issues with following the dragon inside further.

"You're being very considerate of my needs... thank you, Miss Chusi." She said graciously. Indeed, as she found herself following the other mare, it did indeed get warmer. So much so that she was able to remove all three of her hats, revealing that there was indeed a pony under all of her layers. Breathing in deeply, she flicked her ears. "I don't think I've had the chance to introduce myself yet. I'm Brioche. It's very nice to meet you." @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
As Chusi was walking towards the door to go inside the pony asked "Is it so breezy in the Autumn Region" Chusi turned around and replied "not usually, but today does have a bit of a nip in the air".
As Chusi and the pony headed towards the door the pony replied you're being very considerate of my needs, thank you Miss Chusi" Chusi blushed and waved her claw and replied"I really dont mind, i just made a vegetable broth and some tea, the company would be very welcomed and even i think its a bit chilly today, you come from ther Summer region i would guess".
As the pony unwrapped the many layers they had on chusi noticed infront of her as cute bat and said "Broiche? What a pretty name" Chusi wiped her soot covered claw onto her apron and stuck her claw out to shake the mares hand. "It's nice to meet you Broiche, come sit asnd get comfortable while i prepare us something to eat and drink" chusi replied as she watched her to the fire where the couldron and kettle were waiting.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Brioche sighed when it was revealed that day was especially chilly.
That's just my luck. She thought, but pressed on all the same. When the mare went on to speak about how she'd just prepared a brother and tea, Brioche positively beamed at her.
"Oh, that sounds perfectly delightful. My goodness, a talented blacksmith and a cook? I daresay you'll make somepony very happy one day. A-Assuming you haven't already." She added quickly. "And y-yes, that's correct. My home is near Melting Point, so I'm used to severe heatwaves. Or what others would call severe, anyway." She explained.

It was Brioche's turn to blush when her name was complimented and she stuck out a glove covered hoof to the other mare. She didn't mind that her name had been pronounced incorrectly. She was too embarrassed to correct the other mare.

"Thank you. And well, thank you." She said it again as she was offered a seat and she moved to take it, slowly unwinding one of her many scarves and her gloves, warming her hooves by the fire. She breathed a contented sigh. "You're remarkably kind... I can't thank you enough... I wasn't joking when I said I'd pay you for this. How much does one of your usual blacksmith items go for?" She asked, trying to run how many bits she ought to give the dragon mare in exchange for the warmth and the food. @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Chusi waved her claw as the pony complimented her " no no im not that talented, my parents are the talented ones in the family, i ummm i am kind of involved with a mated pair, both are so lovely" chusi replied while blushing.
Chusi was shocked to hear that Brioche was from melting point
"what are you doing all the way over in this region? no wonder you are freezing" chusi replied, chusi then walked over to the fire pit turning the nozzle up more to make more heat.

Chusi stared at Brioche and shook her head an said
"no..no please there's no need to pay me, i dont have set prices on what i make unless if its rare, my customers always give me what they can afford".

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Brioche smiled pleasantly at Chusi - she was a humble sort, it seemed, even for all her talents.
"You shouldn't sell yourself short. It's fine to be modest, but you ought to acknowledge that you certainly have a talent for this. I mean, I certainly wouldn't be able to produce the tools that you have. But I could make you the tastiest lavender shortbread cookies you ever have come across." She said with a grin.

She looked a wee bit sheepish as the conversation turned.
"Well, my father came from this region and I thought a change of pace might assist me in gaining some inspiration for my next big recipe." She flicked her ears. "But I may end up returning home after all... And return after I have the proper equipment. Bundles of layers can only get you so far, I guess. Heh heh..." She watched as Chusi moved across to the fire pit, her eyes fixating on the fire. Sticking her hooves out, she warmed them by the fire.

Flicking her ears, she looked up at Chusi and smiled again.
"Well, you're very kind. Thank you for your hospitality, then." @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Chusi blushed at the compliment that Brioche was giving her, she was not used to compliments...yes...her customers thanked her for her hard work but she was not used to it, she never did it for the compliments or the thanks Chusi did it as Blacksmithing was what made her heart sing. Chusi flicked her ears at the mention of cookies, she always had a sweet tooth, how could she not considering who her mother was, being around sweets her whole life she wondered why she never got sick and tired of them but well she didnt she loved them!!!. Chusi's ears flicked again at the thought of sweets and cookies, Chusi wiping her mouth ( was that drool she thought to herself ), Chusi replied " Oh my!! Lavender short bread cookies!!!! I will give you a deal, if you bake me said cookies i will make you some weather goggles, the goggles should help you see better when it is snowing, i can take you to my mothers sweet shop you could use her oven if you like".
As Chusi listened to Brioche explaining about her father being from this region and that she might have to leave because of the weather, chusi had suddenly felt sad.
Chusi suddenly jumped up from her seat
"WAIT RIGHT HERE!!!, i might have something you can borrow so you can complete your tasks here", Chusi running over to a cabinet near by and started to mutter to herself "where is it?, i know its here somewhere!!!!, i swear i saw it the other day!! EUREKA!!!!!!" Chusi yelled, Chusi then walked over to Brioche with a huge grin and asked "will this help? its a magical onesie click here for ref it has a charm on it to keep ponies warm, you can borrow it for as long as you need" Chusi replied. @belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Brioche was having a very surreal experience and as Chusi's actions became more enthusiastic and erratic, she found herself wondering how she got here. She offered Chusi a sheepish smile. She couldn't fathom what a summer pony would need with winter weather goggles, especially as it was becoming more and more clear that she wouldn't be staying in the area very long.

"I'll tell you what," She said. "If you can lend me a thermos with some soup in it for my journey home today, I'll send you back the thermos with a batch of my cookies once I'm home." She counter-offered as she stood up and started to back away from the fireplace. She jumped when Chusi shouted and moved through the doorway, wrapping various clothing items closer around her as she got closer to the entryway.

"I... Thank you for all of your hospitality, Chusi, but with all of my bundling I don't think I need a onesie, magical or otherwise." She said, gesturing with a free hoof to her mass of clothing, while the other hoof stuffed her ears under another hat. "Well, I'd best be going now. Thank you for your hospitality, but I've got to get going if I want to catch the next train home. G-goodbye!" She said and then turned around quickly, bumbling through the mare's house, but having some difficulty in finding the exit. Oh, she should have paid more attention to the way out of here! @Shadrya

Shadrya

Long-Term Resident
D
Chusi smiled at the mare and said "I can do that", she walked over to where the fire pit was and opened the cupboard taking the thermo out and walked over to the soup and filled it up, and she was walking over to brioche, chusi was tightening the lid.
Chusi was cursing herself as she realised she had freaked the mare out.
Chusi handed the thermo to brioche and smiled and said
"i look forward the cookies, I hope you get to the train station safely".

Chusi hung her head sad that she freaked out the mare, she never meant too, she just wanted a friend. @belloblossom