Everchange

▷ [ORP] A Walk Through The Woods

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod

Ends: Jan 1st 2024, 11:59pm EST
The thick and unaccommodating fog of the Lost Woods has remained impenetrable for centuries, mimicking the ocean's fog wall in its entirety. Researchers have long wondered if the same magic preventing ponies from leaving the immediate ocean surrounding Everchange was also present surrounding the woods, sending expedition teams to poke and prod at both barriers periodically through the years, rewarded only with ponies scratching their heads as the fogs sent them back from whence they came. Without answers or progress in their research, it seemed the magic protecting both the woods and ocean would remain undefined.
That is, until now. Researchers aren't sure when the fog that had enclosed the Lost Woods thinned, having paused in their attempts to decipher the oddities of the woods years ago, but it's evident ponies can now enter the gloomy woods. While still shrouded in a swirling mist, the woods allow ponies within for a time, welcoming the curious souls eager to navigate the shrouded woods until its humor wanes and, much like before, it sends their visitors back to the beginning. Some wander further than others, and others even speak of seeing faint glittering lights peeking within branches and brush, but so far no one has entered from one side and exited the other.
The Seasonal Kingdom has shown interest in understanding the Lost Woods and mapping the strange lands, offering their residents a small reward in bits for those willing to chart their explorations within. With October in full swing and the Fall season in power, ponies have happily decorated the border of the Lost Woods with various stalls and games, dragging the magical woods into their spooky celebrations (it's the perfect atmosphere, isn't it?). Ponies exploring the woods might hear the giggles from the pop-up fairgrounds surrounding, adding to the already unsettling ambiance within.
They also might hear something else -- something like faint twinkling laughter from the woods itself. It doesn't sound harmful, that much is true, but... well, are you willing to find out what it might be?

• This thread is to RP the scenarios from the rolling thread and play with other players! All rolls should be done in the rolling thread.
  • Players will receive 1 Activity Point per 50 words posted in response to another user, and 1 Activity Point per 80 words if posting solo. Redeem these points at the end of the event in the AP Thread.

Last edited:

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Izean had ventured this trip to the woods to listen to the games and activities that had become open. He had heard this was a limited time to perhaps even venture into the woods. To that end he wondered if he could go with another pony on a guided tour of sorts. A part of him wondered if the fog would turn him around as it did sighted ponies. He did have his travel bag as well as his guide staff to help him navigate obstacles. He could feel through the staffs vibrations as it sensed objects around him and gave small quivers to indicate different things around him. It also gave off a soft light that felt as cool as the air around the pony always did making it easy to find if it was separated from him. He headed toward the edge of the wood and wondered how about to request a guide help to walk the fog. He could hear a faint laughing from in the woods and wondered if there was a group inside already.

Bluedemonwolf

Grizzled Veteran
D

Yeong had heard of the the Lost Woods just recently and then heard how the fog had lightened up so ponies could enter. It made him think of home up on the mountain that had been surrounded by clouds that prevented anyone from leaving or entering. He discussed going to the woods with his mate, Endura, as a sort of date. It was the kind of place both of them were interested in so it should be an enjoyable time. Approaching the woods he spotted all the different stalls and games that had popped up. Not exactly what he had been expecting. Midnis was sleeping on his back as best as should could while he walked. She was startled awake when he tripped over a root. She chittered at him in annoyance and moved to nestle more into his scarf.

@Nym (Got it started!)

Bluedemonwolf

Grizzled Veteran
D

B.O.O. had heard about the Lost Woods and instantly left home to go explore it. She naturally dragged her twin brother with her. They had gotten a little distracted earlier, pausing at one of the food stalls on the edge of the woods to get some food. Because of that they both ended up noticing a stranger who seemed to be just hanging out at the edge of the woods. B.O.O. took noticed of their staff and immediately bounced over. "Neat staff!" She said as she drew near, "Come to check out the Woods as well?"

E.E.K. had been dragged along by his twin, B.O.O., to go check out the Lost Woods which had recently become accessible. It was just the sort of thing that his twin loved. He would have much preferred to stay far away from such a spooky looking place. "Ahhh B.O.O. slow down... wait..." He called out quietly as he noticed her immediately head over towards a stranger.

@Reoakee

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Izean could feel the approach of others through the staff. They seemed to be almost bounding with energy. His ear twitched toward them listening to them speak. He blushed a bit about the staff. “Yes. I wasn’t sure if there as a tour group or something available to go on. And thank you it helps me to see and navigate obstacles.” He gently used the magic of the staff to try and see what the other looked like. They seemed to have a long tail and lots of volume up by their front half. Either they were very furry or had a lot of hair. He couldn’t tell al that much about them. But there was another like them nearish to them that looked much the same. “Are you here to investigate the woods as well?”

@Bluedemonwolf

Last edited:

Bluedemonwolf

Grizzled Veteran
D
B.O.O stopped close to Izean and smiled at him, not yet noticing that he couldn't see. "Ooooo a tour group sounds fun.... but I don't think there is one. Or at least not yet. Maybe once the woods has been mapped out and isn't so tricky." She replied before noticing what he said and his covered eyes, "Oh... Oh! Yeah I guess a staff is useful in helping to navigate and see things?..... It helps you see things?"

E.E.K. finally caught up after having tripped over a root. How his sister avoided it going as fast as she was, was beyond him. "Don't.... run.... so.... fast....." He gasped clearly out of breath. He took a moment to catch his breath before answering Izean. "My sister dragged me along for this but I guess.... yes we are? Do you need help investigating?" It would be so much better if they went into the woods with more ponies.

@Reoakee

A guttural growl Escaped the large dragon, frustration, and impatience obvious from a glance, Keir s foot steps Thudded and crackled, as his footsteps crushed the dried leaves, his face illuminated not more than a small bit ahead of him., with his large stature you think he would be able to see more but the dense fog made it hard, not only that, sounds , noises, the sound of laughter and other unidentifiable sounds distracted him, he lost his place. he was becoming more frustrated but he kept going. he would eventually find where he wanted to go. (interaction welcome - very grumpy character/hostile non verbal)

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
“Feel would be more accurate then see but that’s the general idea with it.” He listened to the gasping breaths of the other pony who caught up to them. Sister? Made sense why they seemed similar to the staff singals that were being sent back. Long tail, fluffy or lots of mane to the front. “Sense there doesn’t seem to a tour of any kind I would love some help investigating the forest.” He smiled mischievously. “honestly I keep hearing how it turns ponies around back to the start and I really want to see if it affect me the same way since well.. I don’t rely on sight as much as others do.” He shifted his shoulder and the staff jostled a bit to the side. "I'm Izean. May i ask whom I have the pleasure of addressing?" His tail curled like a cat as he was very curious and it gave him away every time.

@Bluedemonwolf

Bluedemonwolf

Grizzled Veteran
D

B.O.O gave a nod as Izean clarified about how the staff helped him. "Ah that makes sense then." She replied giving her own mischievous grin, "Yeah not much in the way of a tour but we're going to be heading in so you're welcome to join us. Would be very interesting to see if it affects you like every pony else." She looked over at her brother and rolled her eyes. She could practically hear the thoughts running through his head. "Nice to meet you Izean. I'm B.O.O.!" She did say her name in such a way that it sounded like she was trying to scare someone.

E.E.K. listened to Izean and got a hopeful look on his face. Someone else to join them! Strength in numbers after all! "E.E.K." He replied immediately after B.O.O. introduced herself. He waited a couple of moments before speaking again. "Ah that's our names. Not trying to scare anyone....." He sighed wondering why he still followed his sister's introduction joke that they've done since foals, "It's nice to meet you Izean."

@Reoakee

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Izean nodded at the idea of joining them in the woods. When B.O.O introduced themselves Izean did startle leaning back on his back hooves while one of his forehooves lifted up and his ears swiveled forward with a sharp twitch. E.E.K.’s introduction was followed by silence until E.E.K. let the secret slip that it was their names as Izean had been stunned. When it was revealed it was their names Izean started to chuckle and then laugh. “Thank goodness I thought you were trying to spook me a bit being near the haunted foggy forest and wasn’t sure what to say in the face of such a prank.” He relaxed and smiled at the pair. “I look forward to exploring the forest with the both of you.” One had to be able to laugh at themselves and he was happy to meet those who were so jovial as these two.

@Bluedemonwolf

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Cala was making her way in the dim and the dark. When a light in the distance caught her attention. She moved toward it while lost in the fog and found a strange site. it was moving but she wasn't sure if it was really alive or just something that someone had built. It looked like a glowing pumpkin headed wooded statue of a pony. Bounding out toward the light she giggled happily. "Oo amazing, such a wonderful light." Her voice was bubbly but gentle. She was a teacher who taught foals to read so her habit of using a kind tone at most all times was active.

@-Ghastly Demise- (since Cala is a slime if he swats she she will goop out and puddle but be fine. part of her may stick though. )

Keir Heard as a laughter grew closer, his eyes watching the dense fog intensely, but soon his gaze drifted, he maneuvered his head to gaze at the inbound noise, A pony?he stopped-- a huff escaped him as his throat gurgled a low growl --he was unfamiliar with this type of pony as he had not left his home in a very long time - He lowered his head to get a better look at her, the tone, sickeningly sweet at least to him, but curious he watched, her tone along with his curious wonder stopped the massive dragon in his tracks. soon a breath of hot air blew passed the little pony , his bright glowing sockets gazing at her as orbs of light followed her movements, he seemed docile at least for the moment.

(fufu safety first XD shes adorable btw! ) @Reoakee

Bluedemonwolf

Grizzled Veteran
D

B.O.O watched in anticipation for Izean's reaction to their introductions. She had a big grin on her face when he startled slightly and gave a small laugh of delight when he laughed. "Heehee heeeheeee.... no no no. Just how we've always introduced ourselves when we're together. I mean when you're named B.O.O. and E.E.K. what better way to do introductions." She replied, "Yes it shall be such an interesting journey into the forest. Shall we head out now?" She didn't wait for any confirmation and just started to walk towards the nearby wooded area.

E.E.K. sighed at his sister's words. He would much rather introduce themselves in a more normal convention. But whenever he was with her, he ended up going at her pace... never mind that she got pretty upset if he didn't follow the script and would pout for hours after. "I...I mean staying out here is nice....." He said softly trailing off as he watched his twin just head off towards the woods, "I guess we should follow." He sighed again and began to walk after his sister, making sure to keep pace with Izean so he didn't lose them.

@Reoakee

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
The huff and growl made her realize that it wasn’t just a statue but a real pony! It was a very strange kind of pony indeed. The slime pony’s body pattern shifted in it’s waves as she contained her excitement. Few folks liked questions launched at them on first meeting. She tilted her head as he looked at her having lowered his gaze. “Hello. You look amazing. I’m glad to meet someone else in this fog.” His hot breath washed over her making her wonder if he needed to drink cool things to even out his temperature or else he might burst into flames. “I’m very lost in this fog.” She gave a small smile which she knew others tended to find silly when meeting slimes but it was her smile never the less. She couldn’t be scary if she tried and was hardly anything that could be considered a threat. “Do you perhaps know the way out?” She asked kindly.

(That’s for sure. Plus she is a teacher who teaches foals to read so aggressive and non verbal she has dealt with. And thank you she is 7ft of love and hope for everyone) @-Ghastly Demise-

B.O.O certainly had a great point he thought their names suited the prank very well. He nodded his head and as soon as B.O.O took off he followed behind with swift and sure steps. His staff pulsed in soft lights giving him constant updates about the area around him. It would seem E.E.K. very kind. Izean was able to keep pace just fine so far though would have more caution around the deeper forest where there lots of tree roots or worse.. standing water. “Yes if we don’t follow then your companion might get lost in the fog and then come out miles away. After all the forest leads you out eventually but there is no guarantee it will be the same spot.” His tail curled just a bit as he was being playful. “But with us all together it doesn’t matter were we come out as I’m sure it’ll be alright.” He smiled. "After all I brought snacks in my bag if we need something to eat." He hoped this follow up comment would ease any fright stirred up by his first comment about ending up anywhere after being ejected by the forest. Scaring others for long was not his forte after all.

@Bluedemonwolf

With his curious state of mind, it led him to want to poke the pony with his claws, he refrained from doing so however as he flickered his ear when she spoke to him. he watched the waves of her marking and body shift. his gaze fixated on her intently. he wasn't sure witch way he came from , or witch way he could even go, he huffed once more and shook his head slightly. however the compliment did not phase him at least not completely, normally ponys would run when they see him coming considering his hostile and over protective nature. he began to ponder and soon his head lifted back up craning his head down wasn't very comfortable he looked at her again and decided to uses his claws to wright in the dirt and leafs below them " I am Keir, I too am lost " short to the point. he looked around frustration re appeared on his face, but not to the existent that it had been last time. he smudge his foot down on the writing from before and wrote again " work together?" he wasn't one to ask for help, but he was worried for his farm, and the possible bad foals or ponys that might destroy his pumpkins. he had to get out.

(i shall now treat her as 7 ft ! keir is 9 feet!) @Reoakee

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D

“That is a lovely name.” Cala didn’t call out the part about the other pony being lost as she knew from her own experience how frustrating that could be. Their offer to work together was very welcome as she knew sooner or later the fog would kick them out but she wasn’t sure when it send them out. And the giggling though welcoming at first was after a while kind of … spooky. Even though she didn’t feel any harm from it. She had thought she had found her way out a few times before she met Keir but it hadn’t been the case. “Work together.. Sounds good to me. Lets work on getting out of here.” She nodded her head in agreement with her smile hopeful. “I came from that way over there.” She had been leaving a small dirt trail for that little thing that had been following. Even now in the darkness it was lurking behind her following slowly. “Ah don’t mind the little thing. I picked it up a while back and it just has been following me. It doesn’t hurt anypony or anything.” She really didn’t know what it was but it seemed to follow behind just stare at her. She had no idea what it was or why it followed her. Always stopping a few feet away and rolling back and forth slightly. She had the impression if it was a dog it would be wagging it’s tail. She was looking at Keir trying to figure out which way to go next. Perhaps that way? she thought to herself.

(Keir is awesome. This is the pumpka following Cala )

Keir perked up as he spotted the colorful jack-o-lantern, this was definitely different to him, a living pumpkin?, he tilted his head slightly looking it over as he watched it accompany Cala. then he gazed at her and the trail she had left behind, following behind her al though at a distance he kept an eye on things around them, sometimes the fog would waver in his light and it seemed less dense some places than the other he walked along until she stopped, and then looked at her seeing her gaze he huffed and looked around. he waited for the fog to waver again before picking a path, he began to walk right this time , searching for a familiar sight or smell. he gazed back to make sure they were following and near, before looking forward taking a turn in leading the way, the fog wavered slightly but became thick again he snarled in displeasure. but he felt at least he knew how to get them out, at least he hoped.

@Reoakee (sorry for delay! )

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Keir hadn’t said anything about the little roller following her but since they didn’t seem hostile to one another Cala figured it would be fine for now. When Keir picked a direction Cala followed and was glad there was some light from her companions head. She felt it was very reliable as she had made no headway in the creeping fog. She had thought she had seen lights a few time when the fog was heavy but when she tried to focus on it was gone in an instant. Perhaps it was light being reflected down into the fog and dispersed? She really wasn’t sure. The snarl made her burble with curiosity. “Are you alright?” She scrutinized Keir with worry thinking the other pony may have gotten hurt somehow.

@-Ghastly Demise- (all good. no worries or rush. )

Bluedemonwolf

Grizzled Veteran
D

B.O.O did try to not get too far ahead of Izean and E.E.K. but she was definitely in the lead and wasn't slowly down much. Entering the woods she paused to make sure they were both following. "Come on slow pokes! Hurry up! The woods await!" She called out with a wave before moving on.

E.E.K. stumbled a little, a tree root tripping him up some and the rest from Izean's words. His eyes grew big at the thought of losing his sister to the woods. "W-we better hurry then!" He was starting to pick up the pace when B.O.O. called out. He looked forward in her direction and saw her wave before moving into the woods with the trees and fog obscuring her from view. "O-ooooohhhh noooooo." He moaned missing Izean's attempt to reassure him. In fact he seemed to have forgotten all about the other pony as he rushed after his twin. "B.O.O.! WAIT!!!! DON'T GO!!!!" He yelled out.

@Reoakee