Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

002: Going My Way? (Pip + Oliver) [COMPLETE]

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
And there went Pip, into the pit. Oliver groan and shifted, rolling out of their way and shakily sat up. He could still feel the thrum of adrenaline in his ears and throat. He carefully felt his body over, not detecting any major injuries. Scrapes, bruises, possibly a minor pull in a muscle. No broke bones, nothing dislocated, nothing that felt burst or swollen speaking of internal bleeds.

"Well, welcome to the pit crew," he said tiredly. He took a moment to run his tongue over his teeth to make sure they were all accounted for. "At least you brought some rope... though I don't know how well your pokemon is trained to tie it off on places." He did have faith in Mothra to find help, the Delkatty was clever like that.

"Or we can attempt to lift each other out," He paused, looking at Pip. "You look like you work out."

Andraia

Veteran
D
Pip pushed themselves up, careful not to accidentally get any limbs tangled. Mezzo had rushed into the pit to check on it's trainer, but Pip waved it off while they went through their own rudimentary self check out. Didn't feel any worse than getting washed up by a wave, really, but they knew enough to know that most aches wouldn't kick in until the adrenaline wore off. They at least appeared to be break and abrasion free, minus a few superficial scratches.

They gave Oliver and awkward, apologetic smile. "Sorry, I thought-, well-" they cleared their throat then looked around for the rope they had tossed in and gave it an experimental tug. It held. Oh thank goodness. That would have been even more embarrassing. "I tied it off before I came to the edge."

At least where Pip had caved in the edge, the wall was at least feasibly climbable. Pip blushed at the assessment. "Eh-... yeah. I do." They were athletic, certainly, but they'd let their actual gym routine slip while they were finishing their Masters and they knew they didn't have as much raw strength as they did before (although they had been very diligent about their routine since relocating to Nauwill and were regaining it quickly). "I could lift you, and then you could use the rope to pull yourself the rest of the way?"

They laced their fingers together and mimed giving someone a boost as they suggested it.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Probably work," Oliver mused, between the rope and the boost he should reach the top. He rubbed his face as he walked to the wall, reaching up to snag the rope and wished he actually wore some gloves before going out. It was going to suck if he slipped. "Boost on three?" He suggested, looking at the entrance.

Andraia

Veteran
D
Pip nodded and got into boosting-position, locking their fingers together so they didn't accidentally drop Oliver or something equally embarrassing. "Ready? One, two, three!" They pushed up with Oliver's step, and tried to stay as steady as possible, bracing themselves against the wall, so they had at least one solid (ish) foothold.

Mezzo, "helpfully", seeing what their trainer was doing, tried to grab on to Oliver's shirt and help tug them up. It was doubtful that they were doing anything other than, potentially, upsetting the pokemon hidden under his collar.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oliver grunted slightly at the push up put pressure on something. Very unpleasant but staying in the pit was more so. He breathed through his noise, and found a foot hold checking if it would hold his weight before looking for a second and leaving Pip's hand, slowly pulling himself up.

"What?" Oliver questioned, confused feeling his collar shift and froze. "No, that is a bad idea," he started and sighed as he felt more then saw Mimic launch himself at the pokemon with a sharp war cry of "SCAAAAA."

"Why is this my life," he bemoaned, deciding he would handle this once he got out of the pit. He kept going ignoring the unhappy cries of the scatter bug to grab the edge and heave himself over. "Don't give me that Mimic, you did that too yourself!"

Andraia

Veteran
D
Pip was focused on the task (literally) at hand and didn't clock what Mezzo was doing until Oliver reacted to it. As soon as they weren't actively supporting his weight or spotting him, Pip pulled Mezzo's ball to recall it -- although they waited until the scuffling pair were over the edge of the pit in order to do it, so the scatterbug wouldn't be joining them in the pit. As soon as the immediate issue was resolved Pip sighed and redirected their attention to getting themselves out of the bit.

Enough time had passed that the aches were starting to set in, but they were still pretty sure nothing was problematically damaged. They'd banged their shoulder pretty well, but not so much that they couldn't pull themselves out... probably. They rolled their shoulder and confirmed the pain was more achy than sharp.

One of the games they used to play with the kids in their swimming classes involved climbing a rope hanging over one of the pools, so they had a fair bit of practice free climbing ropes. Unfortunately this rope was thinner, and falling would not result in a harmless plunge into the deep end. Thankfully there was a wall to use, which should, theoretically, make it easier.

It took a bit of maneuvering, and it wasn't graceful, but they eventually made it up to the lip.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oliver sighed, staring up at the canopy for a few more moments despite Mimic displeased screaming next to his ear. The scatterbug fluffed up and bristly as he expressed himself by screaming. Still not as unpleasant as Godzilla when the litten was worked up.

"Alright, alright," he moaned, patting down his pants to pull out a small package and shoved a sliver of hard boil egg at the small bug to shut him up."Pip, you still alive?" He asked, deciding that he really didn't want to get up anytime soon. Mimic had shut up, things were fine. Just.. give him a few more moments before they started to head back in.

Andraia

Veteran
D
"Yeah." Pip responded as they hauled their upper body over the edge of the pit. Their shoulder was aching something fierce by this point, but they were able to push through it long enough to get themselves up the rope successfully. They shimmied their way away from the edge of the pit, getting the rest of their body onto solid ground, and spreading their weight out so they didn't risk collapsing another area and tumbling back down. Eventually they reached a patch of ground near where their unintentional-travelling-companion was spread out, and mirrored their position.

"I say we just... stay here for a minute... and then... not do that again."

Andraia

Veteran
D
Alright! We're done!
Total words: 4861
Player 1 Andraia: 3040
Player 2 Shaddaling: 1821

Bonus research: None!

ANDRAIA
Items used: None
Pokémon caught: Nest Ball - Chinchou