[ All Mother ] a fantasy B/C IT - some event filium previews added (pg 4)

Milk&Honey

Resident
D
@Melomar : Thank you for stopping in to look around :D

@ChexaRain : All the animal peopleeee >:D

Also, I came over here from Gaia so I'm still figuring stuff out. Please excuse any weird derps from me as I get used to a new forum. Any advice on how a B/C shop is run in BS would be greatly appreciated!

I notice that a lot of shops have Discords now. I'm assuming this is the new normal?

MoonRazor

Grizzled Veteran
D
This looks neat!!

Discords are definitely pretty standard for shops now. I'd say it's a good way to build a community and keep people in the loop (and can often be why threads are generally much less active than, say, old Gaia BCs)! But as far as how shops are run, I'd say it's mostly pretty similar. A lot of the people who have landed here came from Gaia, so it's pretty familiar <3

Milk&Honey

Resident
D
@MoonRazor : Thank you!

Thank you for the info. I will definitely keep that in mind. Do people do any roleplays in the Discord or is that more in the group forum?

Absolutiones

Stew Aficionado
D
For role plays, it usually comes down to personal preference, but most of the shops I'm in do most of their rps in the group forum.

Straye

Long-Term Resident
D
Discord also expands communication capabilities to mobile and simplifies events, drops and roleplay or plotting. <3

Milk&Honey

Resident
D
@Absolutiones : Okay, cool. Good to know. Thank you! I'll probably keep it in a group forum if I do create the shop. Might be easier to keep organized.

@Straye : Thank you for stopping in! :love: And expanding on Discord use. Do events usually play out in the Discord or are they performed in the shop thread? I belong to a Discord group but it's for gaming so I'm trying to wrap my head around a B/C shop Discord :geek:

astralprogenitor

late to the party
D
Staff member
Admin
Designer
🐸

Discords are definitely pretty standard, though not required by any means. There's quite a few people who do check in to the site daily (just by looking at the admin logs, haha), but I agree it makes it easier for a community to chatter with itself. It can be a problem when someone has too many though, and some people find it easier to just keep track on a forum. So good option but I personally for instance dislike being required in a Discord because please I have too many servers it's such a mess save me.

... I say as my own shops also do have Discords. SHRUGS TO THE SKY.

Running games in Discord does require bots which aren't too bad to set up but can be annoying if people accidentally set them off, I guess, and they can definitely be spammy. I like both, tho forum games are good to help people generate creds too. The onsite usage for creds is coming in a pretty close update so it may be worthwhile (plus it's nice just to have a currency to exchange at all). 👀

Welcome to the forum, anyway~

🐸

Milk&Honey

Resident
D
@Straye @Absolutiones : Thank you for the feedback and details :D

@polliwoggi : Loll, I too have too many servers T_T Thank you for the break down! I think I might be leaning toward having a Discord for fun character chats/casual RPs and OOC chats/plotting and saving the games for the shop thread. Cuz I am a potato when it comes to programming Discord bots <_<.

And thank you! One of my Gaia friends referred me here. Excited for the update about credit usage 👀

sharkberrypizza

🍓 Like, nya, you know?
D
Staff member
Tech-Priest
Admin
Welcome!

I think that's generally how most shops work between Discord and BS, so if it makes you comfortable that's all the best.
I am also quite excited to get our updates out. :3

Erina_Nobara

Long-Term Resident
D
*peeks in* I was watching your gaia interest thread, and I shall follow you here too. Because this idea is awesome! ouo <333