Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[Discord log FIN] flowers, bees, and beetles (honey bumble and ac)

Reoakee

Grizzled Veteran
D
Auroran Cotton snuck back to the flower garden to have another snack. They brought their Inu with them. A glamour wasn’t needed here. Perhaps it was one of the only places they felt safe without a glamour in the presence someone who wasn’t a changeling. The hive was slowly being accepted by many others and so the need for scouting and checking was less in demand. In truth Auroran didn’t fully trust non changelings but there was something about the pegusas here that made them feel a bit relaxed.

Moon posted:
Honey Bumble was already outside tending to her apiaries. Summer was in full swing and she wanted to make sure everything was up to snuff. She made she extra water was around and that her garden was to perfection. She had her maroon hair tied up in a loose bun, which helped a bit with the heat. She looked about the hedges. Shed have to trim those soon as well. Then she heard a slight rustle. She couldn't help but to smile. There was only one other that would go through the hedges. Normally in order to get in youd have to go through her home. She got up to make sure it was who she thought it was. "Is that you my friend?"

Reoakee posted
The changeling’s head popped out as their wings buzzed an affirmative that could be heard through the hedge. Popping out AC nodded to the orange flower keeper and looked over the flowers. They were vibrant and alluring as always. It was impressive how she could keep the flowers so pretty. “How are you?” Their insect voice made them glance down out of habit. It was so strange at times to not be glamour in any form in front of others but this pony was apathetic? Accepting? They had never commented on AC being a changeling but the voice they knew was still strange to others.

Moonie07/15/2019
She smiled at the sound of familiar buzzing. "I'm wonderful. Aside from this heat." Her coat did have a glisten from sweat, but she didn't mind. It was a sign of a job well done! "I was about to grab some lemonade. Would you like some?" She smiled at her insect like friend. She adored thier company even if they did eat her flowers. Fortunately they seemed mindful enough not to eat the budding ones so she was fine with it.

Reoakee (Ren)07/15/2019
Nodding affirmative to the lemonade. AC understood that heat quite bad. Their wool was driving them nuts at the moment as it kept in heat very well. They would love some lemonade. They had learned what many things were watching and interacting with the other ponies in town. Lemonade was sweet but tart. At times they didn’t like it but other times they did. It was strange. They weren’t sure how the flower keeper made the lemonade but they were looking forward to it. A small part of them regretted not bringing borkealis with them this time. The inu loved running around the flowers. “more changelings out now.”

Moonie07/16/2019
"Oh? That's great!" She went inside and poured them each a glass. "I'm almost done tending to my bees. After that want to head I side for a snack... That isnt my garden?" She laughed and only teased the changling. "Is the heat bothering you?" She frowned a bit, she was sure that will didnt help at all

Reoakee (Ren)07/17/2019
AC followed behind her but stopped at the doorway. Peeking in curiously AC noticed the home was clean and cozy feeling. Looking back at the garden AC was sensible enough to look abashed when they were called on eating the soft petals. Given the fact that they were so tempting never seemed to play a part. “They are soft flowers.” Ac nodded again about the heat. “The wool .. is thick.” Their wing buzzed softly as they glanced at the feathered wings. “Are your feathers warm?”

Moonie07/17/2019
"You can come it! Just wipe your hooves on the mat." She was pouring the drinks as she called out. "I'm glad you enjoy my flowers as much as the bees do." She laughed. "Maybe thats why I enjoy your company so much." She grabbed a tray to set the drinks on and dug in the fridge for snacks. "My feathers do get a little warm... But if I need to I can always go for a flight and cool off." She couldn't help but to smile when her fluffy bug friend was around. She just adored the sound of the buzz of their wings. "I have some garden sheers if you need a wool cut?" She gave up on snacks and offered the a large cup to her friend.

Reoakee (Ren)07/18/2019
Following her directions AC stepped into the home. Blinking they smiled at their host. It was true that they loved bees. In fact when they first met AC was going to be swatted for bothering the bees, and eating flowers. Moving about they came up beside the Pegasus. “that is nice.” The idea of really being able to fly was interesting. AC didn’t often fly but had been known to glide or do very short flights to get around. Prolonged flights were not their forte though. Looking at their wool they considered what it would mean to snip their wool. The worst case would easily be hidden with a glamour and anything would be cooler then nothing so why not? “ I would like that.” Taking the cup AC took a long drink and looked at the drink nodding. It was very good.

Moonie07/23/2019
"Alright! Be back in a bit!" With that she hurried off to find her small garden shears. She kept these sharp for her more detailed gardening and the fit perfectly between her strong flight feathers. "I have a full body mirror if you want to watch. That way you can stop me if its too short for you!" She smiled and set down the shears. Would a shampooing help too? She knew how to knit and work with wool but not when it was still attached.

Reoakee (Ren)07/24/2019
AC was very amused and smiled thinking that his friend was as busy as a bee herself. Oh a full mirror? He nodded wondering how it would work to see himself getting sheared. She was so considerate. His wings buzzed thinking he had never really cut back his wool like this. He lifted his larger ears. “please watch the ears and wings.” He had a small tail but he figured that bit of fluff was easy enough to tell.

Moonie07/24/2019
Carefully Honey had pulled the mirror into a larger space. "Of course! I'm not gonna snip your ears off." She thought they were an adorable asset on hee bug friend. "Ready?" Armed with the shears sge carefully and slowly snipped the wool at the back of their head. "I'll do a small pass around the collar. And if you want it shorter ill do another pass amd do the rest like that. Soumd good?"

Reoakee (Ren)07/28/2019
Resisting the urge to nod AC responded. “Sounds good.” They weren’t sure why but now that they couldn’t move they were tempted to twitch and move. Their tail moved back and forth nervously and their wings hummed without meaning too. It was so odd to be restrained. They were very glad it was this pony they trusted enough for this because they would never let another pony this close when they were vulnerable.

Moonie07/28/2019
The movement didn't even phase her. "If you need to stop and move let me know." She did want to make sure they were ok. "Your wool is so soft!" She had to fight the urge to just bury her face into it

Reoakee (Ren)07/28/2019
“Yes.” They still tried to stand still. His clipped wool fell down in short snippets of rainbow. “Thank you. “ it was true they did wash it and took time to dry it but after washing it took much of the day to air dry.

Moonie07/28/2019
After the the first pass she paused. "Does it need to be shorter?

Reoakee (Ren)07/28/2019
Looking it over in the large mirror. AC shook his head no. "it feels lighter."

Moonie07/28/2019
"Alright." She smiled and went back to work. Perhaps she was a bit quicker than she thought cause it didnt take long to finish the top half. She paused. "Uh.. I need to get under you." She looked away blushing a bit.

Reoakee (Ren)07/28/2019
AC was quite suprised with her speed. She must be very used to trimming things. AC looked at her and blinked a moment before understanding dawned on them. "oh, right." They weren't very big so it would be easier if they were laying down on their side right? "I'll lay down. it will be easier." Laying down with their legs out it would be easier to get their underside. The thought of it being more embarrassing didn't occur to them as all of this was embarrassing as part of a hive mind they could feel other changelings near and any time with their non changeling friend was very different as they couldn't feel the emotions or bits through the link as this pony didn't have that.

Moonie07/28/2019
"I'll be quick!" She snipped the scissors in the air before diving in again. She made sure everything was nice and even and was careful around the hole. "Almost done..." She finished off and stepped back. "All done!" She offered a hoof to the other.

Reoakee (Ren)08/06/2019
Clamoring back onto their hooves so they could stand up AC looked in the mirror and blinked. Not only did they feel much lighted but they looked quite different to themselves now. Nodding they looked at the pegesus. “Thank you. Lighter.” Their voice was lighter as they were quite pleased with this look now. A pile of rainbow wool was at their hooves trying to gather it up they looked around for a disposal site. How the home was arranged was strange to them and they were not sure what where to head.

Moonie08/06/2019
Honey smiled. "I'm glad you like it." She grabbed a small bag. "We can put it in here. Then throw it away later." She held open the bag so they could dump the wool into it. She was rather happy she was able to help her new friend.

Reoakee (Ren)08/06/2019
"Altright." Gathering the wool and placing it in a rainbow bag it wasn't long before the area was cleaned up. They buzzed happily being able to move around a bit easier. perhaps they should keep it this short. "It feels nice." They wondered if perhaps the other pony had to trim their mane or tie it back as they didn't have a short hair like AC had. "How are you doing?"

Moonie08/06/2019
"I'm doing great! I easily cooled off from being inside." She had her hair tied in a loose bun which helped. She felt her stomach gurgle a bit. "Would you like something to eat? Its about lunch time and i can make us something easy." She smiled. "I really don't mind."

Reoakee (Ren)08/06/2019
AC wasn’t particularly hungry but it was nice to spend time with this pony and they might have been hungry from their work. The sounds of bees could still be heard even in the home. Following along behind the other pony. “That sounds good.” Next time AC would have to bring them something nice as they were always kind to AC even allowing them to eat out of their flower garden.

Moonie08/06/2019
"Hmm... We can make sandwiches or a fresh salad. I need to go shopping." She chuckled sheepishly. "Or I can order something. What is it you like to eat? Well.... other than flowers." She opened a drawer in her kitchen that had flyers from different delivery options from restaurants and set them out for the two of them to look over.

Reoakee (Ren)08/24/2019
There were quite a few fliers present. Perhaps they ordered out a lot or had collected them thinking to order and never did. Auroran typically didn’t eat out or many made meals. They ate what was needed and in truth didn’t spend to much time thinking about it as they needed emotions for food more than anything else. “I’m fine. My people eat.. differently.”

Moonie08/25/2019
"What is it you like? If you let me know I'll make sure to have some for you when you visit." She smiled softly and put them back in the drawer. "To be honest I like it when you visit."

Reoakee (Ren)08/27/2019
A jolt of what could only be absolute fear struck them. They had to tighten down their thoughts before they leaked back to the hive mind as that was one of the issues that had brought about the spring dangerous reveal after all. “Changelings. I am. we.” How could they say this well? They eyed the door not sure if they should feel or not. “We eat emotions.” A hoof slide to the side as their eyes were on the other pony looking for signs of attack or disgust. It was why so many of their kind lived in fear. Emotions could be eaten leaving only a husk. Fear of changelings was valid but pointless as the queen had placed an edit to never fully devour emotions again.

Moonie08/27/2019
Honey could feel her heart beat a bit faster. She took a deep breathe and calmed her nerves. "Emotions? Have you eaten mine?" She wasn't displaying anger, no she wasn't angry. Maybe a bit nervous, but definitely nervous. If it didn't hurt her she would be ok with it. She really didn't know much about how Changelings worked. She just knew about the bad rep they had carried for several years. She didn't want to be like that. She wanted to understand her new friend.

Reoakee (Ren)08/27/2019
Auroran Cotton didn’t need to touch the pony’s emotions to see the nervousness. It made a part of them, sad. Even if they told the truth would it matter? Fear existed and that would be enough for many of them. “No.” Shaking their head they wanted to say more but also didn’t. “it’s easier to sit glamoured at a market.” There was a low buzz from their wings. “From one is to easy to take to much. Queen’s edict outlawed too much.”

Moonie08/27/2019
Honey nodded. "So it's not so bad if you just take a little bit from a large crowd." She smiled and a laugh erupted from her. "I guess my flowers are just an appetizer then." She smiled at the changeling. "I'm sorry if my questions made you uncomfortable... Changelings are new things to me. I want you to be happy in my home and in my garden. You don't look scary or mean. So I don't think you ever really intend to harm someone." She stepped a bit closer. "Don't worry about it ok?" She gave them a small hug then back off.

Reoakee (Ren)08/27/2019
AC still felt ready to flee when a sudden hug made them to surprised to flee. Every part of them was perfectly still until the hug was over and the pegesus was standing away again and seemed just fine? Blinking a few times. Was that it? There was no calling out no attack, no throwing things. It was unexpected. There was a feeling of lightness that even a feather could knock them over. “Yes. Small parts from a crowd.” their wings buzzed slightly almost confused. “It could be noticed but risks less overall.” You go from happy or sad to less so” Ah the flowers. “Can still eat but not ...desperately.” It wasn’t a true need if there was enough emotional sustenance. In truth one changeling could live off a pony and do just fine but an experienced changeling pony might draw to much and leave a husk of another pony. AC had heard of it happening before so they understood the need for the queens judgment to never fully drain emotions of another pony again. So drawing a little from a large crowd had been becoming more popular.

Moonie09/07/2019
She wanted to ask if he's ever fed off her, but it seemed they were a little uncomfortable. Even then, she didn't mind it. Though she never found herself to be 'emotional'. She had he happy times and ad times but she wasn't overly anything! Except.. maybe busy or tired. She shook her head and chuckled a bit. "Alright then. I think I have an idea. We'll go out! My treat. We can have a snack and 'observe'..." She winked at them. "...the passing ponies!~" She puffed her chest proudly, thinking she had the perfect solution. "How 'bout it my wooly friend?"

Reoakee (Ren)09/07/2019
Starring AC wasn’t sure what was going on in the other pony’s head. Honestly they couldn’t quite understand it. They had just explained they had to survive off emotions. It was clear they were not normal. Their actual image was accepted without the need for glamour and They just couldn’t understand. Was this what Mother Morpho had seen and what had lead the queen to come out into the open as she had? Nodding slowly accepted the offer. “Perhaps sandwiches there are shops.” Honestly a drink in town sounded better then food but those drinks weren’t as good as the one that was offered here. Besides the other pony needed to eat. “Auroran Cotton.” of all the times they were here they had never given their full name to the other pony fearing it might lead to them being tracked down somehow, but now it didn’t seem so outragous to have them know AC’s full and true name.

Moonie10/06/2019
"Honey Bumble." She smiled softly to Auroran. "It's a pleasure to officially meet you." She blushed a bit and turned to fumble with a small zip lock baggie. "H-Here. Help yourself to the garden. So you can ha e something physical to munch on if you choose." She pondered a bit. She never felt like she was... "Emotional". She felt ratuer nuetral. She eyed Cotton curiously. Did different ponies taste differently? She shook herself before zoning out yet again.

Reoakee (Ren)11/11/2019
They blinked a few times wondering if the pegesus was pulling their wing. No it seemed she was really named that? It was fitting but a bit strange they thought to be named like a bee and then keep bees. Well it didn’t seem to bother her which was good. Other ponies were strange. Gratefully they took the back and nodded. “Thank you.” There was a soft buzz more present in their voice and the sound of their wings could be heard. There was something very nice about the plants Honey Bumble grew. Perhaps it was the help of the bees or perhaps it was why the bees stayed. Gathering a few petles after stepping out they made sure not to damage to much of the flowers.

Word count Reoakee 1,852

Word count Moonie 1,265