Pokémon participating:

BelleFrecklesSweetieRain DropZvonimir
ChinglingCharmanderSentretN. TorchicCharmander

Expedition area: Area 02: Darksallow Valley

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Benji didn't particularly like mornings. They were always so dreary and daunting. It meant one had to get up and do things that day... Benji much preferred staying in bed, cuddling, binging their favorite television shows with their Poke'mon all snuggled up. Especially now that they had more than just their Charmander, Freckles.

But today, unfortunately, was not a day for sleeping in and snuggles. Today was a day that the people on Nauwill were allowed to go further into the island, and Benji's closest friend, Zakiax, wanted to take full advantage of that. The sun felt like it had barely crested over the horizon when Zak was at the door, knocking and eventually pushing his way in. Benji was still a tousled mess of braids and loose pajamas, his Poke'mon bundled up in the nest of blankets.

Freckles was the first to greet Zak with a warm "Char!" and a tug of his shirt. Benji was rustled awake by Sweetie, their new Sentret, and Belle, the Chingling bestie to Sweetie, who was chiming gently just above his head. With enough gentle goading from the group, they were gingerly rolled from bed and pushed into getting dressed for an expedition. Grumbling, they would rub sleep from their eyes beneath their glasses as they walked, Freckles gently holding their hand to keep them on the right track.

"Zak... Did we really have to get up this early?" Their voice was soft and there was an obvious bit of tiredness to their voice, but otherwise, it was very friendly and inquisitive. It was rare that they would have a truly sour or upset tone with Zak.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Excited to explore the new area, Zak could hardly sleep. He had prepared everything he needed for the day the evening before, and was up much earlier then any normal person would have been, the time the day came.

Just a little before daylight hit Zak was already dressed and at Benji's door knocking. Zvonimir was right behind him, the charmander prefered to be out of his pokeball and Zak allowed it. Rain Drop on the other hand remained in its pokeball for now. He still did not trust the bird to behave, but he would let the torchic out when they were outside in the area they decided to explore today. It was a new one that opened up after the storm and Zak wondered what sort of pokemon lived there.

After pushing into the room Zak found the disheavled Benji, and the first thought that came to his mind was cute. Zak shook the thought form his mind as Freckles greeted him. Keeping behind Zak's leg Zvonimir gave a small "Char" back with his own greeting, and a small swish of his fire lite tail.

"Of course" he replied, almost instantly. "If we are to get the most out of the day we must leave as early as possible." Zak was quite excited for this and as soon as Benji was ready Zak took them by the hand and dragged them out of the dorm and off to Darksallow Valley. "Lets go!"

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Benji let out a soft yelp of surprise as they were dragged forward, stumbling to catch up with their friend. Freckles legs were shorter, so Benji eventually managed to scoop the little lizard up and hold him close, while Sweetie and Belle kept pace easily alongside them. Shaking their head lightly, and with a little huff of air, Benji was able to push a stray dread from their face. They didn't even have time to get their bag...

Though they doubted that mattered. Zak likely had everything the pair needed for their exploration. A little nuzzle was given to Freckles as they continued onward, out of the building and towards the open world. Benji could feel them self slowly rousing at the prospect... What other Poke'mon lie out there in the unexplored territory?

"I hope we find something cute today," they would say softly, finally finding the strength to keep pace with the overly excited Zak. "I haven't been able to find or catch anything new since coming here..." They had gotten Sweetie and Belle both from the center on the island that provided Poke'mon to newcomers. Freckles had taken time to come over through quarantine, so they had been quite lonely... Sweetie and Belle had been lifesavers for them. And now they couldn't see their life without them.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Following the small cavern, the two made it to the valley. The forest was a nice change to the beach and meadows around the slowly growing city. It gave off quite a nice vibe.

"All my catches I've just been turning in for research purposes as I have not found a fire or dragon type to my liking yet here." he gave a small pause "Well aside from Rain Drop, but i'm not sure if he counts. I think he's a fire type. I think, he's definatly not like the torchics I'm used to."there was a pause as he was definatly curious as to what the little thing would look like when it evolved. Its why he had been working hard trying to train it up.

Zak reached into his pocket and fiddled with Rain Drop's pokeball. Should he release him? Or should he wait. Zak decided to wait till they ran into danger, maybe it would deplete some of the energy his torchic usually had.

"Since it is a forest. I wonder if we will mostly find grass and bug type pokemon here. Maybe some water types near the river." He mused outloud. He doubt they would find much of fire or dragon types here as it was not really where they tended to live, but if he could help Benji catch a new pokemon this trip he would be satisfied none the less.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 15
Res: 1
The screen flashes and exciting music plays...
Current Word Count: 972
Total GEs Earned: 3
GEs Already Used: 0

1You must get a little too close to a den, as a territorial pokémon snaps up from a hidden enbankment!Wild Battle5

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Number Generated:
Max: 100
Res: 88
What pokemon did we encounter A N. Scatterbug!

Last edited:

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 5 3 1 6 3 3 21
Zak's gonna throw Rain Drop at them to battle

Str. (3) + Dex (3) = 6
Need 5 or more sucesses to Defeat else Rain Drop takes to VIT, which would knock him out XD

Rain Drop gets knocked out.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 4 6 4 2 6 22
Freckles, Benji's Charmander, has decided he wants to try to take out the mean N. Scatterbug!

Str. 3 + Dex 2 = 5
5 or more successes needed to defeat the N. Scatterbug

He gets his butt handed to him by the N. Scatterbug and gets knocked out.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
As soon as Rain Drop fainted from the N. Scatterbugs' attack, Zak returned him to his pokeball and scooped up Zvonimir, and high tailed out of there. "Benji lets go a differenet way and not irritate these guys any more." he called out before running away. Even with all his training with rain drop it seemed that it just was not enough to take on these guys.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Benji had followed Zak, eventually putting Freckles down from holding him. He was a bit too heavy to do that for long. Eventually they came into a valley in the forest, with Benji squinting their eyes against a bit of glare through the trees. Their attention diverted to Zak as he talked talked, smiling softly. "What if he's not a Fire, but a Dragon type?" Their voice was still soft as they shrugged their shoulders. "I can't think of many blue colored Fire types off the top of my head... But Dragon types come in all colors. And he still has a bit of a tude," a soft giggle followed this.

"It's quite possible," they replied to the musing about mostly Grass and Bug types. "From what I know of you catching before, and from what I've heard others caught in the first portion of the region... It seemed to be a lot of smaller, Bug or Grass types. With some birds, of course. I think those just have a tendency to inhabit places like this a lot more and easier than others.

They continued to walk, until there was a rustling in the undergrowth and a Poke'mon jumped out from a den, screeching. Benji gasped and took a few steps back, while Freckles jumped in front of them with an angry "Char!"

Zak was first to react, though, and sent out Rain Drop. It seemed, however, that the angry Nauwillian Scatterbug was far more irritated, and Rain Drop was quickly knocked out. "Oh no!" Benji would gasp, a hand covering their mouth.

Freckles was not happy to see a companion go down, so he attempted to fight the bug as well. Unfortunately, he was no more successful than Rain Drop, and Benji had to scoop him up and turn tail alongside Zak and the others.

"Why are the littlest ones always the angriest?" they whined, almost tripping when Sweetie and Belle added to the weight on them. A huff, and a glance behind them, it seemed they weren't pursued by the angry little bug. Benji would eventually stop to sit on a stump, huffing gently as they cradled Freckles in their lap, before recalling him to his ball. A pout on his lips.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Number Generated:
Res: 15
Current Word Count: 1,413
Total GEs Earned: 5
GEs Already Used: 1[/b]

You come across a comfortable clearing that looks like a great place to relax. All party members can recover 1 VIT.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Number Generated:
Res: 7
Current Word Count: 1,413
Total GEs Earned: 5
GEs Already Used: 2

7You hear a splash from some water nearby, and you're just in time to see a group of wild pokémon fleeing from you!Startled Pokémon3

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 4 1 3 2 4 6 1 21
Zak's Gonna throw a Research ball at the N. Weedle

5 + Dex (2) - 3 sucesses needed to catch N. Weedle

N. Weedle Caught in reaserach ball

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 6 2 1 1 4 3 4 5 26
Benji is going to throw a Research Ball as well in hopes of catching a N. Weedle!

5 + Dex (3) = 8d6

3 successes needed to catch N. Weedle

N. Weedle caught!

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
After running from those chaotic Scatterbugs. Zak found a small spot to take a brether. Rummaging through his pack he found a couple of breakfast bars he had grabbed, and handed on off to Benji. Might as well make the most of things, while they had a place to catch their breath. He pulled out a couple of berries and gave them to Zvonimir as well as Benji's other two pokemon they had with them.

"Well that was definatly not what I was expecting to run into first thing in here. I suppose Rain Drop and I have more training to do. " It was a tad embarassing for his fire type to be knocked out so quickly by a bug type.

Once they were finished with their breakfast snack Zak heard a splash. Instantly his hand went to his pocket and grabbed a research ball out of it and threw it in the direction of the noise. Hit ball hit one of the scattering pokemon, and with a few shakes of the ball he caught it, which now he could see was a group of N. Weedle running through a small puddle of water.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
At least they had come into a nice clearing... It would hopefully give them a few moments of respite. Benji continued to huff from running for a few moments, before slowly regaining their breathing. Sweetie and Belle were hovering worriedly, before Benji gave them little pats and a soft smile. "It's all right. Freckles just needs some rest, and so do I," they would laugh softly, pushing some hair from their face. A polite little smile was given to Zak as they took one of the breakfast bars that were offered.

"I sort of wish Freckles hadn't run in so recklessly too..." A soft sigh left them. "I really need to focus on training too."

It was at this point, before Benji could get another word out to Zak, that there was a soft splashing nearby. Eyes wide, they weren't ready to face another angry Poke'mon! Thankfully, though, it seemed these ones weren't attacking, but running. Benji felt a little bad about that, startling the cute little Weedle from their hiding spot. Look at them! They were all so cute and pink! And definitely not mean, not like that Scatterbug! Zak threw a Research Ball at the startled group, and they figured they should give it a shot too.

Fishing a ball from their pocket, Benji launched it in a similar fashion. There were so many that it was relatively easy to do so, and with a tap and a few shakes of the ball, Benji had also caught a Weedle.

"Oh wow!" Their voice raised up a bit in excitement as they scurried over to scoop up the ball. "I finally caught one on my own!"

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Number Generated:
Res: 3
Current Word Count: 1,885
Total GEs Earned: 7
GEs Already Used: 3

A small inlet from the river seems almost too perfectly made... Success reveals signs of definite intentional tampering - it seems like this pool is some kind of aquatic pokémon's nesting ground.
Unusual Terrain3

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 3 6 6 6 4 1 26
Clever + INS = 6

Challenge rating is 3

Zak successfull infers info about the unusual terrian