Not open for further replies.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Let's go! Expedition time!
Players participating: Shaddaling, Rano713

Trainers participating: Sasaki Itsuo, Shale Apatite
Pokémon participating:
Breccia the scatterbugSuevite the pidoveLefmewPurpurite the h sneaseSugar the H. sneaselRogue the H. sneasel

Expedition area: Darksallow Valley

Last edited:

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Sasaki hummed to the song pulsing from the his headphones as he double checked his pack. Snacks for him, for the girls, medical supplies, water bottles, a sketch book and pens and charcoal. Good enough probably. He wasn't planning to be out there for weeks. He was rather sure they frowned on that.

He gently pulled Rogue away as she attempted to climb into the pack so he could zip it up. "No, you can not ride in the bag." He set the dark sneasel down on the table. "You are going to walk, or ride in your ball."

"Sneeeee"

"Yes, I'm sure it sooo unfair." He said dryly, doning the backpack and headed out the sneasels romping around his ankles. He kept from tripping over them with newly acquired skill and headed to the starting spot for the exploration.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Shale went through his pack one last time to make sure he had everything. Poke balls, med kit, energy bars, rope, just a handful of things that could come in handy on the journey. Peering out the window, he called out to his lefmew to come in. On went the backpack and into the room came the lefmew. They were a cute little thing, always sunbathing and relaxed. Shale thought for a moment before pulling it back into it's ball. It was a bit of a trek out to Darksallow and he didn't want to tire anyone out unnecessarily.

It was a quick journey to the meet-up point. Shale waved as he saw Sasaki, hesitating when he saw the pair of sneasels trailing after him. Pushing past that he called out a friendly greeting.

"Heya! Got everything you need?" he asked, keeping half an eye on the two sneasel. As soon as he got an affirmative, he turned and the two of them set off toward the forest. "Your sneasels seem... well behaved?" It wasn't a question so much as a slightly higher tone in the hopes they were. Purpurite was very very well behaved.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Should have, if not well I doubt we be in there long enough for it to be an issue." Sasaki replied, crouching down to rub Sugar under her chin as the sneasel rubbed against him happily. "I'm guessing your all set."

He clicked his tongue, as a signal for the girls to follow as he trailed after Shale, relaxed. "Well they stopped accidentally poisoning me, so that a plus." They had started controlling how much venom they released and now most of the time it was just little dry nicks when they got happy and attempted to make biscuits.

"Started to show more personality traits now outside of feed me and pick me up for snuggles. Sugar is the normal color, and Rogue the shiny."

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Shale nodded at both parts of Sasaki's reply. One last adjustment of his backpack and he was set to lead the way. "Accidentally poisoning?" his tone was a bit strained. He hadn't had to deal with anything of that nature from Purpurite. "How young did you get your sneasels at?" Maybe that was the difference?

The cavern that heralded the start of Darksallow Valley wasn't that far away from Doveport. Certainly not a trip that would require a camp site but long enough to build up a nice layer of sweat from the steady pace Shale wanted to take. Based on what he'd heard, the forest would be fairly difficult to traverse but not impossible.

When they got to the edge of the forest Shale paused long enough to let out Purpurite from her ball. He gave Sasaki a wry grin. "Purpurite was old enough to have a pretty decent personality. She's one of the most docile poison type pokemon I've ever been around." She lived up to that statement bygrabbing onto Shales pant leg, looking up and letting out a soft mew before catching sight of the other two sneasels.

"Snee?" Perking up, she let go of Shale's pant leg before taking in the other pair.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 15
Res: 3
The screen flashes and exciting music plays...
Current Word Count: 527
Total GEs Earned: 2
GEs Already Used: 0

3A small inlet from the river seems almost too perfectly made... Success reveals ????. (Ask staff!)Unusual Terrain3

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ooh, they were revivals. I found them as fossils, then I worked with my dad to revive them, then incubated their eggs to hatch them. So very very young." He looked around the area, humming slightly as more and more trees appeared starting to crowd out the sun. No wonder they called it Darksallow.

heeehh deep swallow.

"Did you think this place was called Dark Swallow when you first saw it?" He asked, amusement in his voice as he turned and paused looking at the other. "Ooh, you have one as well. I take it she was about full grown when you got her?"

Sugar gave a small chirp noise, ears perked as she took in the other strange sneasel and pressed back against Sasaki, hiding behind his leg and then peeked out again. Rogue hiss in surprise clambering up Sasaki till she was on his shoulder, fur puffed.

"I guess I should have mentioned they haven't actually met any other hisuian sneasels." He added, giving soft noises at Rogue, gently petting her till she calmed down.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Shale's eyebrows rose. Revivals? Call him impressed. Sometimes fossils came through his town but he hadn't actively dealt with any himself. "That's a lot of work, congratulations you've done a really great job." Shale praised as he kept a close eye on the forest closing around them. He'd heard about some of the dangers inside. So far everything looked fine.

"Yeah, Purpurite was mostly grown. Still young as you can tell, but she was a gift from a pen pal. I wasn't sure how long she's been alive but she was actually hatched from an egg and not a fossilized one either! She's really well behaved, but if your pair get too freaked out I can get her back in her ball unless we need to battle or something."

The two of them paused while the sneasels got acquainted. Purpurite for her part, just watched the younger pair before turning to look at the river. Her head tilted before she turned to look at the pair again.

"Sneeeesal?" she queried, crouching down. Shale followed her gaze to look at the river. Something was definitely a bit weird about it but he couldn't out his finger on what. Water, sand, the river curving toward them and then away, nothing really out of the ordinary and yet. Letting it go, he reached down to give Purpurite a few scratches on the top of her head.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 12
Current Word Count: 937
Total GEs Earned: 3
GEs Already Used: 1

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Max: 100
Res: 77
12You hear a tussle, and just catch a glimpse of something disappearing towards the river while something else scurries into the underbrush.Startled Pokémon3
Startled an N. Weedle

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Yeah, I'm hoping to do a few more revivals later, when I get better settled in and have time to contact my dad back in Galar about what part of my collection would be best." Sasaki rubbed under Rogue chin, the shiny h.sneasel beginning to calm down. "Ooh no, she is perfectly fine. It best these two start getting use to other pokemon. That are not moles." They were perfectly behave with Tippy and the rest of the Drilbur and Excadrill that his dad kept.

"Sne?" Sugar questioned, peering out behind Sasaki's leg and slowly shifted from her hiding spot, giving the other sneasel a glance before shifting her attention away and to the tree. She gave a curious noise, and pounced up, landing on a branch and shaking down a pair of startled previous sleeping Weedles. "Sneee!" She called happily.

"Well, aren't you a good girl. Good job, Sugar."

Last edited:

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 2
Current Word Count: 937
Total GEs Earned: 3
GEs Already Used: 2
X1 unusual terrain
X1 startled pokemon

2A section of the ground suddenly gives way, plunging you into a sink of soggy mud and broken leaf litter. Roll STR to escape (all trainers).Trainer Danger (Major)1

Last edited:

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"I'd love to see any others you revive if/when you bring them here," Shale would be the first to admit a certain fondness for rock and ground types and almost all revived fossil pokemon ended up one or the other of those. Hisuian sneasels were an exeption in that they were a poison fighting type. Idly, Shale wondered if there were fossils here that could be revived. If there were, they were probably deeper into the island.

The appearance of the pair of weedles dropping from above was pretty startling. Not enough to take him so off guard that he didn't whip out a research ball to try and catch one of them. He managed to hit one, but it popped out after a single shake and scurried away.

"Ack, got away," Shale shook his head, having seen Sasaki's weedle also escaping out in to the underbrush. "Ah well, we'll find more."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Pretty fast for bugs," Sasaki replied, tching slightly as the weedle escaped. "But good job, Sugar... no, we do not attempt to eat the bug," he called as the pale hisuian sneasel made a move to go after them. "You have food at home." That wasn't alive. And probably gross when he eventually attempted to take it away from her.

He sighed, moving to scoop up Sugar from where she was eyeing the bushes and paused, hearing a rather worrying creak. "Fuck me," He said, pushing Rogue up and out of the way as the ground gave away. He broke his fall the best he could and winced as he scraped up his hands and knees. "Well, this sucksssss."

Status
Not open for further replies.