Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Expedition] Tediursa Picnic (If You Go Into the Woods Today) - Tori and Pip [COMPLETE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andraia

Veteran
D
This thread used for Amateur rank for Shelby Sirènes & Tori Shell.

Let's go! Expedition time!
Players participating: Rano & Andraia

Trainers participating: Tori Shell & Shelby "Pip" Sirènes
Pokémon participating:

Tori Shell
Trainer Stats3223-23213
STRENGTH
VITALITY
DEXTERITY
INSIGHT
SPECIAL
TOUGH
COOL
BEAUTY
CLEVER
CUTE
Pearl
#00160 - Beginner - A. Vulpix
1 (3)
2 (3)
2 (4)
3 (4)
2 (4)
3 (5)
1 (5)
1 (5)
1 (5)
3 (5)
Caspian
#00152 - Beginner - Chingling
1 (3)
3 (4)
2 (4)
2 (4)
3 (4)
2 (5)
1 (5)
1 (5)
2 (5)
1 (5)

Shelby "Pip" Sirènes
Trainer Stats2431-12242
STRENGTH
VITALITY
DEXTERITY
INSIGHT
SPECIAL
TOUGH
COOL
BEAUTY
CLEVER
CUTE
Little Guy
#00099 - Beginner - N. Totodile
3 (4)
3 (4)
1 (3)
2 (4)
1 (3)
3 (5)
1 (5)
1 (5)
1 (5)
3 (5)
???
#00118 - Beginner - Chingling
1 (3)
2 (4)
3 (4)
2 (4)
3 (4)
1 (5)
1 (5)
3 (5)
3 (5)
1 (5)
???
#00405 - Beginner - Pikachu
2 (4)
1 (3)
2 (5)
4 (4)
2 (4)
3 (5)
2 (5)
1 (5)
1 (5)
2 (5)

Expedition Area: Area 002 - Darksallow Valley (Beginner)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Tori radiated happiness. During the storm she'd briefly met Pip, but there hadn't been much interaction before they parted ways. They'd mentioned something in the group chat about wanting someone to head out into Darksallow Valley with and she'd been eager to head out again. Pip had accepted her invitation to join up and explore the newest area available for them to go through and they agreed on a time and place to meet up.

Now armed with another, slightly more inclusive med kit, some potions and a poke ball in addition to a handful other supplies she was bouncing on her heels. Caspian chimed a gentle tune next to her, while Pearl was still tucked away. The Vulpix was still upset that a bush was able to best her on the last expedition so Tori thought it was best to keep her in her ball for her to have some time to settle before they needed her. If they needed her. Hopefully everything would go smoothly this trip.

Andraia

Veteran
D
Pip has been pleasantly surprised by how quickly someone had taken them up on their invitation to Darkswallow Valley. (They’d posted in the group chat they’d been too awkward to refuse membership in. Until that post they’d only made the occasional post, when it would have been more awkward not to, and otherwise only been lurking. They hadn’t had high hopes, and now here they were.)

They made their way to the meet up spot, bag freshly packed with snacks and other basic supplies. They opted to keep all of their pokemon tucked away in their balls, just until they knew who their companion was bringing. Chingling was still a bit reactive sometimes, and Little Guy would immediately try to play with anyone their size, and not all trainers appreciated pokemon with a totodile’s bite strength trying to wrestle with their fuzzy little pokemon.

As it happened – their traveling partner had arrived at the meet up location first. Pip waved as they approached, trying not to be too awkward. “Hey!”

Tori was… nice. Enthusiastic. Reminded them a bit of one of the kids that was in one of their swimming classes (although they imagined they wouldn’t appreciate a comparison to a literal twelve year old). However she seemed like a responsible kind of person, which Pip could appreciate. She was the only person who they met on the beach during the storm that seemed to have the common sense to be appropriately concerned about people going in the water. And they had a first aid kit with them now!

Speaking of which… they eyed the kit, wondering what was inside of it. “Do you have itch cream in there?” They asked, after a moment. “When I came here before… there’s some kind of stinging nettle plant. It’s… all over the place.”

They cast their eyes around, just confirming that they hadn’t wandered into another patch, although they weren’t even technically in the forest yet (just in the cave leading up to it).

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 15
Res: 13
The screen flashes and exciting music plays...
Current Word Count: 502
Total GEs Earned: 2
GEs Already Used: 0

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Max: 100
Res: 55
13Something quite unhappy with your presence suddenly drops down from the canopy above...Wild Battle4

Wild battle
One or more aggressive pokémon attack! Roll 1-100 and determine which pokémon you've found from the area's chart; all players find the same pokémon, so only one person needs to roll. Each player is allowed to roll one of their pokémon's STR or SPEC + VIT or DEX vs the event's difficulty, if they brought a pokémon; if they fail, that pokémon loses 2 VIT. If a player succeeds, they can roll their character's DEX + their choice of ball's Catch Score vs the event's difficulty to try and catch one of the now defeated wild pokémon.

At least one player must roll against a wild mon during this event.

Last edited:

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 5 2 4 3 5 2 21
Tori using Caspian vs N Wurmple
[SPEC + VIT] 6 vs 4 difficulty​

Andraia

Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 3 6 5 6 3 2 25
Pip using Chingling vs N Wurmple
[SPEC 3 + DEX 3] 6 vs DC 4​

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Tori beamed at Pip's approach, eagerly returning their wave. "Hey yourself! I hope you don't mind Caspian being out for a bit. He's very well behaved and was a lot of help last time I was out here." If Pip did mind, Tori would be quick to put away the chingling. There would be time enough later for him to be out during this trek.

The question about her med kit prompted Tori to pull it out and open it up. There were the standard supplies that it had initially come with but also a ton more bandages, sunscreen, gloves, and as Pip had mentioned, a small tube of itch cream. Tori hadn't run into that particular problem, but she had enough trouble with tripping over herself that it was prudent to have something for when she inevitably fell into something that would itch.

"Oooh, that's a new one," she said as she let Pip take a gander through her kit. "I've run into giant patches of thorn filled bushes and pitfalls. Weird wurmples and baby tangel, and plenty of other bug types." Once Pip was done looking through, she tucked it back away. Together they started off into the forest.

It didn't feel as if they had gone more than a handful of feet when a very irate pair of wurmples dropped down from above them. Tori was quick to send Caspian to try and fight one, and she was delighted to see Pip also sent out a chingling to fight the other. It was a quick battle and Caspian fought well but unfortunately for Tori the wurmple got the best of him before running away. While he hadn't gotten knocked out, he clearly wasn't doing so hot. If they encountered anything too strenuous looking, Tori would give him a potion to help soothe him.

"Dangit!" she huffed, only mildly upset at the wurmple getting away. "How's your chinlging?" she asked Pip, cradling Caspian in her arms.

Andraia

Veteran
D
“Oh! Ah, no, that’s okay. I’ll bring my chingling out too.. It needs the socialization…” To be fair, it hadn’t been exceptionally reactive at all lately, but it was still something they were working on. Conveniently it never seemed to have problems with other pokemon of it’s own species, so Pip was quite happy to take its ball of their belt and let the little bell pokemon out to play.

The still-to-be-named Chingling did a little swoop around Pip as it did it’s standard assessment of the environment, before happily floating over to introduce itself to the other pokemon (and mostly ignoring the other human).

“Baby tangela, huh?” They had seen a tangela-like vine poking out from under a tree the last time they were here. (They had missed that Tori had said tangel, not tangela, and they had not yet heard about the baby form that was found in these woods.) Good to know what to expect! They wouldn’t want to get caught up in one of them, and their luck on their last journey had been… not great. Not great.

Pip was distracted by thoughts of tangela when the wormple dropped! They didn’t have a chance to give their chingling any instruction before it charged forward to defend it’s trainer! Unfortunately the wurmple was not particularly put off by the chingling’s less-than-threatening “growl” and wasted no time in delivering a very swift bite in retribution. Pip rushed forward to collect their pokemon as the wurmple scampered off with it’s friend.

With a sigh, Pip pressed the button to recall their feinted chingling to it’s ball, and smiled over at their companion. “Unfortunately, it needs to take a little break. My fault for having it out – it’s still a bit reactive. We’re working on it. Do you mind if I bring out my totodile?” They asked, waiting for confirmation before they released Little Guy. He had seemed to really enjoy his dip in the river last time, and it probably was a good idea to have somebody out… in case they ran into a tangela or something.

Andraia

Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Max: 15
Res: 2
The screen flashes and exciting music plays...
Current Word Count: 1179
Rano: 497 (169 + 328)
Andraia: 682 (333 + 349)
Total GEs Earned: 4
GEs Already Used: 1

Andraia

Veteran
D
2A section of the ground suddenly gives way, plunging you into a sink of soggy mud and broken leaf litter. Roll STR to escape (all trainers).Trainer Danger (Major)1

Trainer Danger
The players encounter a danger, whether terrain or pokémon based, which directly threatens one or more players.

If the event indicates all characters are in danger, roll the directed stats vs the event's difficulty for each character. If a character fails the roll, they lose 1 VIT for the remainder of the Expedition.

If the event indicates one character is in danger, players decide which character will be targeted; players may roll 1d20 with the lowest number being targeted if they don't want to decide themselves. That character rolls the directed stats vs the event's difficulty. If they fail, that character loses 1 VIT for the remainder of the Expedition.

If the event indicates major danger, then all characters must roll the directed stats vs the event's difficulty. If any character fails, all characters take 1 VIT of damage or the remainder of the Expedition. If half or more of the characters fail, the characters are instead collectively Knocked Out and must end the Expedition.

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Oh no!" Tori gave a dismayed cry at the loss. Caspian had seemed interested in the other chingling when they had first appeared, but now he was too tired to want to interact. Tori, after checking him over a second time followed Pip's example and recalled Caspian. "Caspian probably be fine for another thing or two, but I'll let him have a small break too.

Totodile? Pip had a totodile? Tori brightened immediately as they move through the forest. "Of course! I love totodiles! The native ones here are just so cute. My friend Wynnie has the cutest little totodile." Of course as Tori was gushing about one of the few if only water pokemon she'd seen she would find one of the sections of the forest that seemed to collapse as soon as there was any weight on it.

Leaf litter had covered the sizeable hole which dropped a foot down into a boggy mess of broken sticks, slick leaves and sticky mud. Something snapped as Tori fell and with a startled yelp she fell onto the forest floor. It was several long moments as she lay there that she lost track of before she let out a wounded groan. Her leg hurt in the worst way and she wasn't sure if the snap had been her leg or something she might have fallen on with the pain it was in.

"Owwwww..." It was probably safer for her to stay down until she could figure out whether the pain was something she could push through or whether they had to turn back. She could feel a trickle of what might be blood run down her face as she lay against the ground.

Andraia

Veteran
D
Pip let Little Guy out of his ball, and he immediately moved to start trotting along beside his trainer. Pip through him a little snack as a reward for his excellent behaviour. “These local variants are very interesting, and Little Guy here has been very easy to train, all things considere.”

They noticed that they were nearing the part of the bank where they had dunk into the ground on their previous expedition. Eying the ground carefully, they took the extra precaution of making sure the places they were stepping were actually solid before putting their weight down. They turned back to warn their companion “by the way, the ground here can be a bit-” but they were too late. There was yelp, and Tori was down.

Both Pip and Little Guy immediately moved over to help. The totodile sniffed around the area, as if trying to work out what happened, and Pip helped Tori back to her feet.

“Sorry, I should have warned you sooner…” they said sheepishly. “That looks… rough. We should head back.” This forest was cursed. “Can you walk or,” they took a look at her probably-weighs-10-pounds-wet frame “I could carry you?”

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Tori heard the totodile before she lifted her head. It was a lovely chocolate brown with the prettiest pink eyes and his befuddled expression was enough to lift Tori's spirits at least a little. By the time Pip reached to help her up Tori was smiling again. She had also isolated the majority of the pain to one of her legs and deemed it probably not broken. With help she got to her feet though she immediately had to lean against Pip when her leg threatened to crumple out from under her.

"Well I think the answer to that is I can't walk," Tori wiped her face and was startled when her hand came away red. "Oh. Um. Hm." Still leaning against Pip she dug into her medkit to pull out some alcohol wipes and used them to try and wipe her face and hands clean. "If you can carry me please? I think I've either really badly sprained my ankle or twisted it? I can use some alcohol wipes to clean it up and bandage it real fast before we head back though."

With a bit more help, she cleaned her leg off as best she could with what she had in her kit and then got it wrapped up so she wasn't actively bleeding on the way back. "Thank you for the help Pip. I don't know what I would have done without you here. Plus Little Guy is so cute." At least on the way back she would be able to talk a bit more with Pip without worrying about dangers from the forest.

Andraia

Veteran
D
Pip dutifully helped Tori with her med kit as requested (they had some experience with first aid themselves – being that they were employed on the island, primarily, as a lifeguard – but Tori obviously knew what she was doing, and thus they only did as asked), while Little Guy preened at the young woman’s attention and praise. The little totodile was always happy to be admired.

When she was appropriately disinfected and wrapped upm Pip crouched down to allow her significantly shorter self to hop onto their back, and began the trek back to the cave and then town. It wasn’t a particularly long trek, as they hadn’t made it very far into the woods at all, and Pip was a lot stronger than they looked, so it wasn’t very taxing to carry their diminutive partner the whole way back.

They rather enjoyed the trip and the conversation (although, admittedly, they allowed Tori to shoulder most of the conversational duties) and, even if their trip had been a bit of a failure by most metrics, they figured they had at least walked away with an actual friend.

Andraia

Veteran
D
Alright! We're done!
Total words: 2113

Rano words: 1047 (169 + 328 + 283 +267)
Andraia words: 1066 (333 + 329 + 196 + 188)

Pokémon caught: None
Bonus research: None
Items found: None

Goodwill choice: Fairlight (for Andraia)

Rano713

Grizzled Veteran
D
Alright! We're done!
Total words: 2113

Rano words: 1047 (169 + 328 + 283 +267)
Andraia words: 1066 (333 + 329 + 196 + 188)

Pokémon caught: None
Bonus research: None
Items found: None

Goodwill choice: URA - United Research Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.