Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[FIN] Bedroom for One (Yokan/Seafoam Synergy)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Even in the summer sector, when the sun was always warm and the days were always bright, bread and breakfast establishments like the one Yokan owned, had an off season. It had taken him a few years to grasp when ponies would want to come visit Summer's Touch. When the area of Dream Valley, where many of his tourists came to visit from, was experiencing a frigid winter or forlorn fall, then they would come to experience the sunlight and the beach. However, when Dream Valley was due for their spring and summer seasons of their own, few ponies came in to experience the life on the beach that Yokan could offer them. His beach house really was right on the beach, with the shore mere hoofsteps away. It was one of the perks of his B&B in particular, over the others along the coast. As it was currently, Yokan had prepared for little to no customers. He took the off season to prepare for the seasons ahead, when things would pick up again. There was food to can and store, recipes to perfect and the beach house to do the upkeep of. Occasionally he would see a ponies supporting his business, regular customers that liked his cooking or just wanted a day or two at the beach, but didn't want to stay in an expensive hotel. Yokan's prices weren't steep during the off-season.

However, what he wasn't expecting was the reservation for to stay a couple of months, coming from a stallion from Spring Rain. It had been a few weeks since anypony had called to reserve a spot in his B&B, so Yokan had jumped at the chance. He'd been informed that the stallion coming to stay with him was meant to be a doctor and was doing his residency in the area. He didn't ask more about it, just small talk and encouragements, directions and chatter about the local venues and spots to see in Summer's Touch, especially like the beach that the beach house rested upon. Then, it was only a matter of preparing for the guest. Yokan was giving the stallion one of the better rooms, on the second floor, with a view of the ocean outside. He didn't know what to expect, but he spent the day prior to the stallion's arrival dusting off the windows and fluffing the pillows, making sure all of the bathrooms were spotless and that there wasn't a spec of dirt or sand (well, alright, there was always a little sand in the beach house) in the place. He spent the next few hours pacing around in front of the hallway outside of his office, before the doorbell rang.

The check-in process had gone smoothly. He checked Mister Seafoam Synergy into his room, gave him a tour of the place and informed him that he would give him time to settle into his new room - if Mr. Synergy needed him, he would be downstairs in the kitchen, which was a sharp left from the dining room. Needing to busy his hooves, Yokan excused himself with a bow and a smile and closed the door gently as he left. Once he had reached the kitchen, he moved to the sink and washed his front hooves, splashing his muzzle a bit with the cool water.

"Now stop it you." He told his reflection from the mirror. "You've seen plenty of nice looking gents come through your inn before, don't get your ears in a twist cause this one's the first you've seen in a few weeks." He straightened and nodded. "Mr. Synergy's come to work and you ought to do the same. No flirting, you here me?" He pointed a hoof at the mirror accusatorily and his reflection nodded. Satisfied and wondering if spending all this time alone during the off-season was making him more than a little lonely (if he was talking to his reflection, for Dreamer's sake!) he turned to the fridge and pulled out a watermelon to begin slicing. If Mr. Synergy was a spring pony, he may not have had the chance to eat watermelon very often... or be used to the heat of Summer's Touch yet. The cool breeze from the ocean certainly helped alleviate some of the heat, but a bite of his chilled watermelon was sure to add to that too. Whenever his guest chose to come down, his snack would be waiting for him... If Yokan didn't get anxious and bring it up to his room first.

@AlicornPlayhouse

Last edited:

Seafoam Synergy had worked his whole life for this, from the age of a young foal abandoning his dreams of living by the sea and found his passion in healing. He was thankful he'd abandoned those dreams, they would've gone nowhere and he was so happy now.. but, in all honesty, he still felt drawn to the sea. It was apart of his name, after all, apart of nature. Most sulis liked forests and the like but he thought kelp and driftwood was just as precious as a million flower fields. But, alas, that life wasn't for him. He was a man of learning. He was going to become the best he could be and make a mark in the world. Maybe some day, some ponies would tell him they lived because of him.. He could take his mother Nova's ambition and his mothers kindness and make the world amazing!

But, that's just a fraction of the story today. He'd worked all his life studying and working to become the best he could be, with perfect grades and a near perfect attendance. He also, in his opinion, had an amazing style and took quite a bit of pride in looking fresh, though he wasn't snooty by any means and had his off days like most. Either way, when he got his residency after many long years of hard work he was pleased to find himself heading off to the summer sector. It couldn't be TOO hot, right? Not to mention the fact that when he'd been looking for places to stay he'd found an amazing little B&B, by the ocean no less! Oh how wonderful! His two favorite things all woven into one. He could live for a while by the lovely ocean, with a bit of a hotter climate which might be nice, and finish his residency! It would be perfect! The pony owning it seemed nice enough, as well, maybe he'd be lucky enough to meet a new friend along the way? It was mentioned his place was having an off season, which Syn was thankful for. He wouldn't have to worry about annoying any other pony staying up late studying or anything like that.

What he hadn't expected as he brought his luggage in with a small bashful smile was to be greeted by a stunning stallion with the prettiest of eyes and pixie wings. And, are those... bunny ears..? Just like him! Oh that's amazing! But, he's getting side tracked. He has to stay focused. That lasted all but two seconds until the owner- Yokan- turned around and his heart practically melted. A little fluffy tail?! Oh he'd always wished he had a little tail like that, as much as he loved his flower! His mom always called Freesia flower butt so he thought it was cute- but.. NOT as cute as a little bunny tail!

Oh, but oh well. He eventually had gone off to go work as Syn had expected of him, leaving Syn to unpack and get all settled as he was reminded of the dreadful heat. It was much better in doors, but he was already getting a little tired of it. He would never want to leave this B&B room if it weren't for the ocean, the breeze it gave, and the fact he had to if he wanted to, you know, do what he came here to do. "Get back on track, back on track.." He hummed to himself as he put his books and supplies out. He had so many note books to pack and lug along he didn't know how he'd manage the back and forth while melting into the ground.. Speaking of that, maybe he should find some water. He went searching through his stuff for his metal water bottle he'd brought along, only to find that it was sadly empty. Did he really drink all his water on the way here..? Oh, blasted! "Great, look what you've done. You've just finished bothering the poor guy and now you've gotta go off and do it some more.." Syn grumbled to himself. He did end up waiting 10 minutes or so before peeking his head out the door to go creeping down the halls. Maybe, if he was lucky, he could just get it done and go scurrying back into his room. Oh, what if he bothered Yokan..?! Hopefully not..
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Yokan had sliced the watermelon into carefully neat slices, but then he wondered if he ought to pull out his cookie cutters and slice the watermelon into fish shapes or flowers... He was still debating this when he heard footsteps overhead and opted to flowers, hurriedly grabbing the cookie cutter and pressing it into the slab of watermelon slices. Some B&Bs may have just served it in slices on the rind, but Yokan always went to the extra effort when it came to his guests. It wasn't until he was arranging them on a plate did he realize that he'd grabbed the wrong cookie cutter - the shapes weren't flowers or fish, they were hearts!

Yokan froze for a moment, before shaking it off. No, no, it would be fine. Just the whimsical quality of the B&B, not at all a reflection of how striking Mr. Synergy was or how Yokan would be eager to get to know him. It had come up that Mr. Synergy was going to complete his residency here and would be spending a great deal of his time studying. He wouldn't want to be bothered by Yokan's flirting - not that there would be flirting, as Yokan was very professional. Everyone on Yalp had written as much in their reviews of him and his establishment.

Grabbing the plate and balancing it on one hoof, he made his way up towards the second floor. It didn't take him long to locate the only guest in his beach house and he smiled at the stallion, flicking his ears pleasantly.

"Hello again, Mr. Synergy. Sorry to bother you so soon, but I thought you may be in need of some refreshment." He lifted the plate of watermelon pieces a bit. "Shall I leave these on the desk in your room? Or perhaps," He glanced at the metal water bottle that the suli stallion was holding. "I could direct you to the kitchen or washroom, so you could fill that up?" He offered. "Though I would be happy to bring you a drink alternative, if you prefer fruit juice of some capacity. I am at your service, for whatever you may require." He informed his guest with a smile. @AlicornPlayhouse

Syn had been doing his best not to disturb Yokan. He had to be doing important work, right? Or stressed? Off season must bring business owners some amount of anxieties! The poor guy didn't need this oaf of a suli barging around and being a nuisance! But, no matter how hard he tried, his first thought as he caught sight of the stallion marching towards him was that he'd done something wrong and was about to have to apologize profusely. What happened, though, was him apologizing..? Oh, that couldn't be right!

"Oh- Oh yes hello..! You're no bother.." He insisted, waving a hoof half haphazardly and trying to act cool with a little high pitched laugh, filled with awkwardness. He was never this awkward around ponies! He could tell anyone what was up in a moments notice if he wanted! Why was he SO nervous about pestering a poor guy here?! It didn't make a lick of sense. His mom had always taught him to be strong and go for what he wanted, but it seemed his mothers intense want to please had stuck with him a little too strong.

He glanced down at the plate of watermelons, tilting his head a little to the side. Were they in.. little hearts? It's just apart of the B&B, that's all! Nothing else..! But, he couldn't help but be flustered either way. He hadn't had watermelon much, as the summer pony before him had suspected, but he knew he had enjoyed it the few times his mom brought some home from her trips. Oh, wait, was he talking? Oh shoot! The water bottle! He'd completely forgotten. "That would be helpful.. I completely forgot to refill it earlier.. I'm really sorry to be such a hassle, really." He offered a smile of his own, trying to keep it cool and just.. slide along. "You can call me Syn, if you'd like.. But Mr. Synergy is fine too..! No pressure or anything.." Oh dreamer, someone get this poor kid his social skills back. He swore he had them before this conversation!

Fruit.. fruit sounded so good right now, juice, food, anything. He hadn't eaten today and all of it sounded great, those watermelon looked great- but what came out of his mouth was, to no surprise, an awkward yes-no situation. "That sounds lovely, but you're probably busy..! Honestly there's no need. I'll stay out of your hair as much as I can, like I'm not even there..!" Yeah.. that's what he would want, right..? Maybe he if stayed out of Yokans hair he would be able to leave when he finished his residency without fighting himself about giving this handsome pony his number. Perfect..! Right...?
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Yokan smiled easily when Mr. Synergy assured him that he was no bother to him.
"You're very kind, Sir." He had replied and tried not to let his cheeks redden when he saw the curious look that his guest was giving the watermelon. Oh... why had he not just left them as they where, on the rind? He should've looked to see what cookie cutter he was grabbing - no, no. He inhaled and smiled. He was fine. Everything was fine. Customer service smile: he wouldn't allow himself any manner of fussing until Mr. Synergy was clear out of earshot.

"My dear Sir, you are not imposing on me. As your host, it is my job to see that any and all of your needs are met." He smiled brightly at the suli. "Rather than apologize, I should like it very much if you were to seek me out if you should ever require anything. I'm typically down in the kitchens, but if I'm not there I'm likely to be in my office, which is on the first floor too." He explained, careful not to mention that his office was his room, too. His bed was a fold out bed, attached to the wall. His desk occupied the most space in his room. With his desk bigger than his fold out bed it made sense to call it more of an office than his bedroom.

When it came up that his guest offered a nickname, Yokan's ears flickered in interest, craning themselves forward as he leaned forward.
"Well, I shall be happy to call you, Syn, Sir, if that's what you would like." He relaxed, moving carefully around Syn to the bedroom the suli was occupying. He needed to set down the watermelon after all. "I'm afraid there's nothing I can really offer you in turn, naming wise. There's not a lot of nicknames you can come up with for Yokan. Though if you happen to think of any that would suit me, I'd be happy to hear them." He explained with a soft chuckle.

Yokan had moved into his room and set the watermelon down on the small table set up there, before turning around and brushing past Syn.
"Like I said, you're welcome to bother me any time you wish. I'm here to please. And, honestly, you'd be doing me a favor. I do tend to get bored around the off-season- though of course I wouldn't keep you from your work. I don't mean to imply such matters." He hurried to clarify. "But if you need me to show you where to refill your water bottle, or... any manner of things, it'll be a pleasant change in my otherwise dull day to day life."

He explained and gestured with a hoof over his shoulder. "Come on, we can refill it in the kitchen, or if you prefer tap water, you can get it from the bathroom over there." He said, pointing with the same hoof down to a room attached to the hallway. He glanced over his shoulder at Syn. "Do you have a preference on where you fill it?" If it was the kitchen, thought Yokan, they could spend some more time together. But Syn only just got there, really. Had he even had time to unpack? Syn would be staying with him for the next couple of months. No need to be so clingy right off the bat. What if he got a bad review for it? @AlicornPlayhouse

He let out the quietest of relieved sighs. It was going alright.. he had called him nice! The interaction was going just fine! His first impression of Yokan had been how professional he had seemed, why, even now he still called him sir! As a side note that just made him more flustered. Was he really an adult now? A sir? Yeah he was! Awesome! But, either way, he seemed very nice... Syn had to admit as nervous as he was he liked talking to the pony before him, even just from the short little conversations they had. He was very kind, so with Syn being convinced he was always a handful to some pony it was a respectable effort on Yokans part to put up with his absolute tom foolery.

He has quite a nice smile.. No, Syn, stop getting attached to people just doing their job! He isn't paying any mind to you, you're just a basic suli, you're mixing up basic signals yourself! Right..? This is how normal hosts act! "That's so nice of you..!" He smiled, letting himself relax just a little. "Thanks so much, it seems I've picked an amazing place to stay then, huh?" Maybe if he complimented Yokan he could make his day a little brighter! He deserved it, working so hard and being so nice. Dreamer knows if he had this job he could implode. He can handle seeing all the horrible medical conditions, surgery, staying up for weeks.. but keeping things tidy and cutting little hearts out of watermelon would drive him mad.

Despite every bone in his body urging him to lean back at the other leaned towards him curiously, he stood his ground a bit. He wasn't even that close! Calm down, Syn, please! His little ear flick was absolutely catching his eye. Had his nickname caught the others attention that much? "I usually go by Syn with most people unless I'm at working, so.. it's just a bit of habit to offer the name." He explained softly. Yokan hadn't asked for an explanation, ti was a bit unnecessary. "Ah, that's alright..! I like the name Yokan, I think it suits you well. I'm sure theres some nickname out there though..." He trailed off as he thought for a moment. He could think of one or two, but they sounded far too much like a cute little pet name than it did a normal one. No way would he say that now..! What if Yokan thought it was weird?!

He moved off to the side just a bit so the other pony could get by, moving to follow him hesitantly. Today was going far better than he thought it would..! He was so sure he'd end up stuck in an average room with a rude owner who was mad at him for disturbing his nice off season, or mad at him for causing more stress.. But hey, none of that happened! "Well... I think we're in a bit of the same kind of boat, then. You aren't distracting me from my work at all. I've got a lot more free time than most ponies think I do.." He was going to add that it got a little boring a lonely as well, but that felt far too personal, and he'd already said the majority of what he wanted. "I'm glad to help out with making life a little bit more.. interesting, then! It's really the least I could do."

He paused and thought for a moment, glancing behind his shoulder down the hall and shifting around on his hooves. He didn't have a preference for either.. and he really wanted to go to the kitchen with Yokan. He convinced himself quickly that it was because he wanted to explore around more, but deep down he knew he just wanted to chat more with the pony here. "I think heading to the kitchen would be best, if you don't mind.." He gave a tiny nod, unable to help the dorky grin that was pulling at his mouth. Good for you, Syn! Making little baby steps..

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Yokan nodded, his satisfaction evident and his tail, small as it was, gave a little wag...though with his bunny features it may have just seemed a little twitchy.
"The kitchen it is, then." He said and started down the hallway and then by extension, down the stairs. "It's such a delight to have a guest in the off-season. Occasionally I'll get passerby around this time of the year, looking for a one day vacation away from the lil' 'uns or their responsibilities. Just need a day and a night by the sea to cool down. Sometimes I'll get groups of adolescents who want to spend a few days at the beach on their days off of school. The place tends to really liven up when it's occupied by more than just myself." He said by way of conversation.

"I had the fortune of growing up here, not here in particular, that is, but the area. I've got a grand idea of the local eateries around here and if you're ever looking for food that isn't mine, I'd be happy to recommend a few places. Or if you're looking for some night entertainment, I know a few clubs in town, too. Not that I could tell you much about what it's like inside - heh. I've never been much of a, hm, what's the word...extrovert? At least, not outside of this ol' place."

They had reached the dining room and Yokan moved through it to the kitchen. It was a homely kitchen with an island in the middle. Yokan approached the sink and turned on the water.
"Here, I'll fill it for you, since I'm closer." He suggested, extending his hoof to Syn for the water bottle. "So, what's your story then, if you don't mind me asking. You mentioned studying for your residency, right? What made you choose to do it in Summer's Touch?" @AlicornPlayhouse

Syn's entire body was practically burning at that little wiggle of his bunny tail. Oh his fragile heart couldn't take it! He opened his mouth to say something about it. Flirt. Come ON! "Uhm-." He quickly shut himself up, as hard as he tried.
"Thank you, so much..." He repeated softly, looking down at the floor as he trotted along after him. "I hope one day I can be around here when it's busy, maybe. It sounds really nice.. It sounds like you do an amazing job taking care of your place, really..! It's beautiful." He insisted, smiling to himself. That little tail wiggle.. he couldn't get it out of his head it was too cute! Why was that so cute..?! Ugh! He was dying!

He listened intently to his speak, eager to hear more. He just wanted to hear everything about him, every word he had to say absolutely caught his attention it was absurd. He laughed a bit to himself, tilting his head to the side. "It's an amazing place to grow up..! I wish I could've grown up here.." He sighed. "I don't think my Mom could've standed it, though. She already things the spring sector's too hot." He paused, nodding along to him. "Yeah.. I'm not much of one myself, if I'm entirely honest.. I'm sure your foods amazing, anyway."

He hadn't even noticed they'd made it to the kitchen until the other had asked for his water bottle. "Ah, thank you, Yokan.." He handed him his water with a hesitant reach, quickly shifting his hooves to clink together nervously as he tried to stay focused. "Oh, well, I've always loved the ocean..! I thought it would be a nice change of pace, and when I learned there was a B&B by a possible residency AND along the beach.. I just had to go, you know?" He explained slowly, shuffling from side to side as his ears slowly folded back behind him. "I didn't get the chance to go to the water except when my Mom would take me out with her sometimes, and I just adored it..!" Syn couldn't help the huge smile that overcame him. "It's just amazing, right? It's so beautiful!" He was doing his best not to ramble about the ocean.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Yokan had smiled at the mention of Syn coming back during his busy season.
"You may want to book it now, since it fills up pretty fast a few months out." He warned the suli. Now that he was standing in front of the sink, he nodded simply and took he water bottle, his hoof brushing against Syn's as he grabbed the bottle and began to unscrew the lid.

"The ocean is an easy thing to love." Yokan agreed, turning a knob and letting the water bottle fill up slowly. It sounded like his mother might be a winter pony. Given that Syn wasn't totally melting in front of him and lived in the spring sector willingly, he suspected Syn's other parent may not be the same way. "Well, you've got the ocean view outside your window, but of course you're welcome to go down to the ocean at any time. There's nothing quite like seeing a sunset duck under the horizon of the sea." He remarked with a smile, before he felt water trickling down his hoof. Turning off the water quickly, he poured a bit of the water out and then sealed it with its lid. Grabbing a towel, he wiped his hoof off and then wiped down the bottle too, before handing it back to Syn.

"Anything else I can get you for the time being?" He offered. He didn't want to keep Syn from his work, even if he admired his company this much. He perked his ears politely as he quietly reasoned with himself. Even if Syn went about his day without him, he would see the pony again at supper time, no doubt. Besides, they'd be seeing one another so frequently these next few months. It wouldn't be the end of the world if they parted ways now. Yokan had plenty of things to keep him busy in the meantime, after all. @AlicornPlayhouse

Syn couldn't help it, his ears perked up and his nose started twitching a little. He always hated it, but his teeth tended to make a little chittering noise whenever he got happy. "I just might soon, then..! I'm positive I'd like to come back already." -If it means you'll be here and I'll see you at the front desk again...- NO! Stop it Syn! He let out a barely audible little squeak, pulling his hoof back and standing with them pressed together. He subconsciously lowered his head down a little. He shouldn't be so enamored by this stallion.. it wasn't his place.. but he was just so sweet!

He nodded hurriedly at the subject change, hoping the other hadn't noticed how he had pulled away from him. "Especially at night..! Though, I may be a little biased.. Heh.." He mentioned softly, glancing back at the starry pattern on his soft fur. He was always told it was a little.. girly, by those less accepting, but he didn't really mind that one bit. The more likely he'd be an obvious target for handsome boys- right? He sucked in a deep breath, courage, little bunny, courage! Say what you want to say! Please! "That sounds lovely-.. maybe you could, show me some time..?" Syn asked quietly, almost hoping he wouldn't hear. "If you'd like, that is- There's no need really.." He shifted his weight between his hooves, not even realizing he had overflowed the water bottle and had to clean up. Oh no, was he okay?! Did he do something wrong?! Should he have done the water himself?! Oh now Syn felt horrible.. but he pushed it down in his head.

He hesitated, raising a hoof and taking back his water, slowly glancing around. "Well.." He really wanted to keep talking to his new possible friend.. but he knew he had work to do, and so did Yokan probably. "I don't think so, not now at least.. thank you so so much, really..! I would've probably never worked up the nerve to ask you for help if I couldn't figure it out.. which I probably could.. I'm rambling, anyway, I'm sorry-." He shut himself up, slowly moving back away a bit and turning around. He was just about to leave before turning around to face him. "And, just so you know.. I like your-" -Say bunny tail! Say his wings! His cozy looking chest fluff...!- "Eyes.." And, with that, he went scurrying off. He didn't think his face could go so insanely hot, could he see the red?! Oh dreamer no!

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
As far as first impressions when, Yokan believed that Syn would become more than a welcome addition to the beach house while he was here. He was a little nervous and came across as a stallion that didn't have a lot of outside world experience - despite being a doctor in training. Well, there was always time to learn - goodness Yokan did plenty of that when he began to run his business.

"If you don't mind that it may be a little later in the evening that I'd be free, sure, I don't mind showing you around." Yokan told his guest. He had an answering machine if anyone who wanted to make a reservation called while they were out, but there were a lot of little details, meal prep and making sure the place was spotless, that Yokan had to do before he could wrap up his duties for the night. "And that would be on the condition, too, that we would be going out less as a BnB host and his guest and more of, hm, friends I suppose." He didn't want to end up going out with Syn, if Syn would be under the impression that he would only be doing it to be a good BnB manager. If he was going to take Syn out during his free time when he wasn't working, by golly, he wanted it to come with any of your usual implications that might come attached. "Only if you're comfortable with it. Otherwise I'm sure I can refer you to a map of the best trails along the ocean, or the places around town if you're looking to explore among other ponies rather than do a self-guided tour." He said, mostly because he was still in host mode. He couldn't allow himself to be a complete flirt.. until he was off work at 7pm for the evening, which was when he closed down the kitchen and dining room for the night.

With a smile and nod, he went on.
"Dinner, if you care to have it here, will be on the dining room table at 6pm tonight." He said as the suli began to turn away. Had Yokan overstepped with his earlier offer? Oh bother. When Syn paused, Yokan's head tilted and at the compliment he smiled. He was about to reply, but Syn had already disappeared up the stairs. Ah, well. Yokan would have to find a better time to tell him later.