Group statistics

Members:
43
Threads:
452
Messages:
10846

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[FIN - PATROL] I Bet You Won't (Goldenfreckle x Flickerfly)

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d10 2 2
Goldenfreckle and Flickerfly are going out to patrol MountainClan!

The prompt is: Battling the Eagle!

MountainClan, Opponent: Eagle
1. Battle
2. Battle
3. Scent Identification (all apprentices roll 1d10, if they land on an even number, they're able to correctly identify the scent as (insert prey type here, ex: a mouse). If they roll an odd number, they cannot identify any specific prey nearby.)
4. Battle
5. Oops! Encounter (While scouring the not-so-dry woods, thanks to the recent rainfall of the warmer months, your patrol stumbles upon a large mud pit! Your cats struggle a while before they manage to escape the heavy murk, but their pelts are too clotted and heavy to do any productive patrolling. Time to find a stream to rinse off in and head back to camp for the day.)
6. Battle
7. Battle
8. Stealth Training (all apprentices roll 1d10, if they land on an odd number, they're able to sneak up on their mentors successfully. If they land on an even number, they make too much noise and alert anything nearby to the patrol's location.
9. Hunting Training (apprentices roll 1d20 to determine if they are able to catch the prey or not, any numbers 13+ indicate a successful catch!)
10. Loner


Goldenfreckle
HP: 10
Damage: 5 per hit
To Hit: 10+

FLickerfly
HP: 10
Damage: 5 per hit
To Hit: 10+

Eagle
HP: 40
Damage: ?
To Hit: ?
 
Last edited:

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 10 10

"Out of everyone, I think we've got the best chance of finding it." Goldenfreckle stated as she leisurely strolled through the rocky forest, throwing a glance in Flickerfly's direction. A small satisfied smile played on her face as she caught sight of her mate. He was probably the only cat in the world who could understand her need for adventure but also to stay home. Goldenfreckle had no interest in leaving her clan but she often yearned for far off adventures. Thankfully, Flickerfly always managed to keep her entertained, just like today when he invited her to go one patrol for more signs of the eagle Tigersun had warned them of.

"What will you do if we actually do find it?" She stopped to look back at the dark striped male behind her. "I bet you won't fight it." Goldenfreckle said before Flickerfly could reply and gave him a mischievous smile. Of course she didn't ever want Flicker to actually get hurt, but she couldn't resist the thrill of seeing him doing something dangerous.

Golden eyes turned up to the thin canopy just in time to see the eagle dive for them. "It found us!" Goldenfreckle shrieked as her fur fluffed out and her claws dug into the ground. The shriek the eagle gave as it dove sent a wave of fear coursing through normally brave she-cat. As it got close, the warrior she-cat lashed out with shaking claws.

(Goldenfreckle barely lands a hit of 5 damage!)
 

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 1 1

Flickerfly was a happy cat, all things said and done. He enjoyed watching new generations growing in the Clan and despite all that his parents had faced, he had been born when the Clan was beginning to thrive. He could barely remember the elder they'd lost, but he knew that she'd been his mother's mentor and therefore was important to the family. It was fortunate that she was the only one that they'd lost since the split - and now, MountainClan had seemed to double in size from when he was growing up. Why, even his sister had a mate and a litter of her very own! Dawnpaw, Duskpaw and Evepaw were all so cute - though he never remembered having that much energy when he was an apprentice. He purred at the thought and cast his eyes to Goldenfreckle.

Ah, Goldenfreckle, his dear friend and his own mate, too. His silver gaze glowed when he looked upon her and he offered her a huff of amusement.
"Obviously I'll protect you and keep you safe." He replied. "Whether that means fighting it or leaping in front-" His tail bushed out when that very eagle appeared to dive at his mate. He bunched his muscles tight, paralyzed in fear for a moment while she slashed at the flying opponent. As the eagle began to climb into the air, his muscled relaxed and he leaped up, claws stretched out in an attempt to scratch it, but to no avail. "We have to get higher!" He called to Goldenfreckle when he hit the ground again.

(Flickerfly has missed!)
 

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 17 17
With the coming of the rains, prey had finally started to return to the red mountains and with it, predators. The golden eagle soared high, its sharp eyes scanning the sparsely wooded slopes with its talons, even sharper, twitching eagerly. Ah! There! Sighting movement, the raptor tilted its wings and slid into a dive, reaching for the pale she-cat with a savage cry.

It's talons dug deep into her golden fur, ready to lift her off the rocks. But the angry bite of the cat's claws forced the eagle to loosen its grip!

(The Eagle hits Goldenfreckle for 3 damage!)

Eagle
HP: 35
Damage: 3
To Hit: 10+
 

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 19 19
(Flickerfly has landed on the eagle and dealt it 5 damage!)

Flickerfly's silver eyes flashed in panic as he saw the eagle dig its talons deep into his mate's fur! He turned his searching, until he found a slanted rock that he could use as a jumping platform. He turned tail and ran towards it, jumping with sheathed claws and then twisted, leaping now at the eagle who held his mate in its claws.

With a roar, he put everything he had into his back legs, shoving himself off the rock and onto the back of the eagle - it wasn't a clean landing, but his claws had slid out and he sought to slash at the feathers of its backside. He could smell blood - but was it his, his mate's or this awful bird's?!
 
Last edited:

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 8 8
There was no stopping the shriek of pain that escaped her as the bird's sharp talons sank into her. Luckily, her claws also landed true and she had momentarily been released from the eagles grip. Eyes wide with terror, Goldenfreckle took a step back from the vicious bird. She tried to ignore the warmth she felt spreading through her fur but panic was quickly setting it.

That was when she spotted Flickerfly. He was on the eagles back! For a moment, all Goldenfreckle could do was stare in awe at her fierce mate. A hiss escaped her at the eagles movements and she tried to lash out. Unfortunately with the angle she was at, the pain was too overwhelming to fully strike and her claws fell short of the bird.


Goldenfreckle
HP: 7
Damage: 5 per hit
To Hit: 10+
 
Last edited:

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 12 12
Despite the blood that poured from its wound, the eagle defiantly cried. It flapped its huge, heavy wings trying to keep the golden she-cat off balance but lost its own as the unexpected weight of the unnoticed tom appeared on its back!

It cried with anger and threw itself to the ground, slamming Flickerfly into the sharp stones!

(The eagle hits Flickerfly for 3 damage!)

Eagle
HP: 30
Damage: 3
To Hit: 10+
 

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 6 6
(Flickerfly missed his attack!)
Flickerfly: 7 HP

Flickerfly should've gone for the wings, he realized in the moments just before he was knocked off the eagle's back. He slashed up at the eagle, forgetting to remember to twist to land on his paws until the last moment. His paws slid out from under him and he fell hard against the sharp stones of MountainClan's territory. Winded with ears ringing, he struggled to get to his paws.

"Goldenfreckle, run!" He tried to call, but his voice came out a hoarse mew instead. @NatiStorm
 
Last edited:

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 14 14
Goldenfreckle would never be sure if it was instinct that made her forget the pain she felt and move, or if it was the sight of Flickerfly slamming into the ground. A loud yowl rang out as the golden she cat found her balance and lunged at the massive bird, her claws slashing through feathers.

Somewhere in the depths of her mind it registered that her mate had spoken words in her direction, tried to tell her to run. But she wouldn't do that, she couldn't do that. How could she call herself a warrior if she ran from this fight? There was also no way she was ever going to leave Flickerfly's side in such a situation. No, Goldenfreckle's mind was set and she would not back down.

(Goldenfreckle hits for 5 damage! )

Goldenfreckle
HP: 7
Damage: 5 per hit
To Hit: 10+
 
Last edited:

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 18 18
The eagle lashed out, trying once more to grab at the golden she-cat. With a triumphant cry, it felt its sharp talons meet in her shining fur. Its heavy wings beat three times as it tried to lift itself from the rocks, hoping to take Goldenfreckle with it!

(The Eagle hits Goldenfreckle for 3 damage!)

Eagle
HP: 25
Damage: 3
To Hit: 10+
 
Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 17 17
Flickerfly yowled his fear and rage as he watched the eagle try to pick up his mate again. Heaving himself to his paws, he ran at the bird, claws grappling its right most wing. He curled in on himself and was able to get his teeth into the base of the wing.

Don't let it fly. Goldenfreckle can't be taken from me! He thought desperately.

HP: 7
(Flickerfly lands a hit for 5 damage!)
 
Last edited:

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 12 12
Pain tore through her as the eagle got a hold of her once again. As she felt the massive bird try to lift her, a shriek of absolute terror tore out of her. It couldn't end like this, she would not be the next meal for this bird. There were still so many things she needed to do with her life, so many adventures she needed to have with Flickerfly. Things simply could not end like this.

Goldenfreckle did her best to twist and squirm out of her assailants claws, hissing in rage and pain as she did so. Her own claws slashed wildly at the eagle as she desperately tried to escape it's clutches. No longer did she think about adventurous stunts or protecting her clan. Instinct had taken over and the only thoughts she had were of staying alive.

(Goldenfreckle lands a hit for 5 damage!)

Goldenfreckle
HP: 4
Damage: 5 per hit
To Hit: 10+
 
Last edited:

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 20 20
The eagle's cry rang out as Goldenfreckle's claws raked its legs, echoing off the red rocks around them and drowning out the yowling of cats. Another wing beat and they rose a little higher. Soon, it would feast! But once again, it was pulled downward by the pesky male clinging to its wing! Furious, it turned its head and lashed out with its sharp beak, hoping to shake off the damn thing.

(The Eagle lands a hit on Flickerfly for 3 damage!)

Eagle
HP: 15
Damage: 3
To Hit: 10+
 
Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 17 17
HP: 4

Flickerfly focused solely on delivering as much damage and pain to this destructive bird as he could, digging in his claws and clamping his jaws around its wings. He felt a searing pain split through his shoulders - had the bird stabbed him or bitten him? His resolve strengthened, but his vision became blurred by the pain he was enduring.

He got the eagle's attention, now he just had to keep it long enough for Goldenfreckle to escape. If he could hold out that long... then this pain would be justified.

(Flickerfly continues to attack the eagle and inflicts 5 points of damage!)
 
Last edited:

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 20 20
Goldenfreckle was wild with adrenaline and terror as she trashed under the giant bird. The growl in her chest only paused long enough for her to hiss or yowl at the eagle she faced. Every now and again, she caught flashes of bright orange from the corner of her eyes and knew Flickerfly was still there with her. Through all the pain and fear, catching sight of her mate gave Goldenfreckle a bit of comfort and hope.

Feeling the pain and fatigue of fighting starting to slow her movements, Goldenfreckle tried her best to focus what remaining energy she had and lashed out for the eagle's other wing.

(Goldenfreckle hits again for 5 damage!)

Goldenfreckle
HP: 4
Damage: 5 per hit
To Hit: 10+
 
Last edited:

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
The enemy is weak. Choose now, do your cats commit to the kill or chase it off?

If you choose to continue fighting, you are consenting to have your participating cat entered into a death raffle should their hp hit 0. If you survive the fight and kill your opponent, you have earned a free battle scar edit to add to your cat!

If you choose to chase off your opponent instead, all cats will live and the battle ends here. There are no rewards for this except for the safety of your cats.


If the vote is not unanimous, the enemy will be chased away by default.
Please vote now by simply replying to this post with your decision. Afterword the roleplay can continue.​
 

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
The enemy is weak. Choose now, do your cats commit to the kill or chase it off?

If you choose to continue fighting, you are consenting to have your participating cat entered into a death raffle should their hp hit 0. If you survive the fight and kill your opponent, you have earned a free battle scar edit to add to your cat!

If you choose to chase off your opponent instead, all cats will live and the battle ends here. There are no rewards for this except for the safety of your cats.


If the vote is not unanimous, the enemy will be chased away by default.
Please vote now by simply replying to this post with your decision. Afterword the roleplay can continue.​
I am voting to continue the fight, at the risk of my cat, to kill the eagle.
 

NatiStorm

Grizzled Veteran
D
The enemy is weak. Choose now, do your cats commit to the kill or chase it off?

If you choose to continue fighting, you are consenting to have your participating cat entered into a death raffle should their hp hit 0. If you survive the fight and kill your opponent, you have earned a free battle scar edit to add to your cat!

If you choose to chase off your opponent instead, all cats will live and the battle ends here. There are no rewards for this except for the safety of your cats.


If the vote is not unanimous, the enemy will be chased away by default.
Please vote now by simply replying to this post with your decision. Afterword the roleplay can continue.​
I agree with bello. I agree to fight until either the cats or eagle is dead knowing the risk to my cat.
 

Blinded By Silence

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 6 6
The eagle cried out, its voice edged in panic and pain. Its heavy wings beat tiredly, thick beads of blood spattering the stones. It sank back to the earth under the weight of its exhaustion, using its wings to try and protect itself. It tried to shake the cat from its back but found the wing useless. Another cry, this one laden with fear fell from its sharp beak.

Eagle
HP: 5
Damage: 3
To Hit: 10+
 

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 18 18
Flickerfly could feel the eagle giving up, could hear its cries turning from violent rage to desperation - or at least, he hoped that's what he was interpreting. He felt it slump to the ground, hopefully Goldenfreckle had been able to escape its crashing fall. With some effort on Flickerfly's part, he released the eagle's muscles from his jaw, spitting out feathers. Pulling himself along the body of the large bird, with a surge of furious energy, he slashed down upon the eagle's throat and proceeded to tear into the creature.

Only when the eagle stopped moving entirely, did Flickerfly's revenge cease and he stumbled off the broken body to search for his mate.

"Goldenfreckle?" His mew was hoarse, and he hissed with every step he took, his orange fur stained red from the battle. "Goldenfreckle, are you alive? Please, say something!" He would find her and she'd crack a joke and they could limp back to Fernfire together. His paws wobbled - maybe he could just lay down for a moment first. @NatiStorm
 
Last edited:
Top