Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Hopscotch ☘ A Rabbit Shop

Multiple Contests for Multiple Buns (Over Gratz Winners)

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Long-Term Resident
D
Have I got a Story for you!
Username:
Alanna the Pirate Queen
Bun Name: Deathcap
Personality: Deathcap is a surprisingly morbid bun. Upon normal interaction, one would simply think him solemn or reserved... and while he is decent at holding intellectual conversation, sometimes he lets slip his more macabre nature.
Rank in Warren:
Grower (he would eventually like to be a Crafter though, to create "armor" type things out of deadly mushrooms to keep warren members safer from predators and enemies).
Story:
Deathcap wasn't always called his. In fact, his birth name was Cottonfluff. It became pretty apparent to his family as he grew, however, that this name was not quite apt for him. He seemed a little too interested in their lessons on dangerous plants in the forest, as though he was less interested in avoiding them as his parents wanted him and siblings to, and more interested in studying them. In fact, he was most intrigued by a rather fascinating little mushroom buns knew as 'moonkiss' or, more commonly, 'death cap'.

He spent many moons observing animals from the shadows sometimes accidentally ingesting these mushrooms, and watching in fascination as they would grow violently ill... and sometimes even perish. It wasn't that he reveled in their pain and suffering, but rather found it fascinating that something so small and innocuous could cause so much damage. Truly, this plant was even more dangerous than hawks.

So one day, while he was out foraging for the warren, the once-named Cottonfluff caught wiff of a familiar scent on the wind, and he could not help but follow along. There, in a grove not far from their burrows, the cream colored buck laid eyes on one of the biggest death caps he had ever seen. Why, it was almost bigger than his face. He could tell it was mature as it was completely flat on top and its frills were extended, meaning it would spore soon. What an interesting mushroom it would be to grow for the warren! So with upmost care, he used his front claws to gently pry off the cap... pausing only for a moment to wonder how he could carry it back home without accidentally getting any in his mouth. There was no way around it... it needed to go ontop of his head.

And so the once-named Cottonfluff returned to his warren and discussed with their illustrious leader Portobello the benefits of cultivating such a dangerous mushroom. After some deliberation, the warren leader decided to allow the experiment, but in a separate area of the warren, so the deadly spores could not get mixed with the rest of the grower's mushrooms.

The creamy buck left the meeting quite happily, but not before requesting that from then on he no longer be called by his birth name. From then on, he wanted to be known as "Deathcap".

mewrose

Veteran
D
Have I got Another Story for you!
Username: mewrose
Bun Name: Spore
Personality: Not the most chatty of buns, he tends to keep to himself and prefers the company of quieter buns. If he encounters a problem, he'll mull over it for a while before coming up with a solution, and can become quite creative in his ideas.
Rank in Warren: Dyer
Story: When Spore was a kit, he didn't live in the warren, but instead in a separate burrow with his family. Some other kits used to tease him about the tiny mushroom marking on his forehead. They started with simple taunts about how it looked like something was growing on him, then got more elaborate like saying someday that mushroom would grow huge and take over his brain until he became as dull as a mushroom himself. He tried to ignore them, but they kept at it anyway and it started to get to him.

One day when he was nearly grown, he discovered the Capped Sprouts warren and their ability to dye with mushrooms. After seeing what they could do, he got an idea and had them dye a giant mushroom over his face. Then he went looking for the rabbits that had teased him. Once he spotted them, he snuck up to them, then shuffled slowly towards them, his eyes unfocused and making the occasional low groaning sound. As expected, they watched him in alarm as he slowly approached him, then one cried out "It really did take over his brain!" and they quickly fled.

Naturally Spore was very partial to mushroom dyes after that, so he joined the Capped Sprouts warren so he could learn to make and use them too.

OneWintersNite

Resident
D
Username: Onewintersnite
Bun Name: Nameko
Personality: Adventurous, Funny, And Clumsy
Rank in Warren: Foraging
Story: Nameko loves adventure and mapping out every nook and cranny of the lands. He is a strong forager and loves to hunt down the most rare mushrooms in all of Hopscotch. However he is majorly clumsy. He often trips over his own four feet and sometimes even the air can knock him down. Most of the time he just laughs it off and hops back up like he totally ment to do that. Sometimes though he clumsiness can get him into trouble.

One cool morning Nameko was out searching for a prized morale mushroom. Spotting his prize he fails to notice the edge of the hill and is sent tumbling down the hill. With a loud and somewhat painful thud he crashes into a pine tree only being cushioned by some death cape mushrooms at the base of the tree. Standing up he finds one of the death capes has caped his head.

Shacking his head in an small attempt to remove he is unable too. Putting more effort forward he pushes at the cape with his front paw but the cape does not budge. Laying on his back he places his pack paws on the edge of the cape but not even that would loosen the death cape form his noggin. This mushroom had a whole knew meaning for Nameko now but he did not have any more time to play with the cape. He was on a mission and with any hope he would find someone in the warren that could help he get this cape off later.

OneWintersNite

Resident
D
I have Personality!
Username: Onewintersnite
Buck's Personality: Dusty is a quite buck. Being a Gaint bun left him having a hard life and up bring. It takes him time to open up to others and trust is hard for him but once he does you are forever apart of his world. He is an only child and at birth his mother was given a choice to either be banish with him or abandon him. She choice banishment. Because of this Dusty learned the true meaning of love and devotion. He also learn what hard work and loyalty is because of his strong and loving mother.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Our contest winners.
I'll be rolling for the participation raffle after this.

Mane Names:
I had a very hard time choosing this one. There were so many good names that both complemented both the rabbits and each other. But our winner is Darkheartedsorrow with Sunflight and Nightshower.

Personality Contest:
Azael with Loam. I feel like his personality will complement Bittersweet Cherry’s very well in raising these abandoned children

How did this happen (Tell me a story)
Alanna the Pirate Queen I thoroughly enjoyed Deathcap’s story and development throughout it as well as the potential development he can bring to the warren.

Why did this happen (Tell me a story pt 2)
Mewrose, I really enjoyed Spore and his ability to get over the teasing, and i can’t wait to see what potential dyes he could bring to the warren.

@DarkHeartedSorrow

I've got some Mane Names!
Username:
DarkHeartedSorrow
Name for Buck: Sunflight
Name for Doe: Nightshower
@Azael

I have Personality!
Username:
Azael
Buck's Personality: Loam is a well meaning but utter klutz! At the end of the day he knows he did well because he tried his best, even if things go sideways. He's the type that will always lend an ear and be a shoulder to lean on. He's an extremely loyal bun that will do just about anything non-malicious for his friends. His bumbling mistakes are often brought into focus, and though a lesser bun might crack under that sort of negative scrutiny, it doesn't phase Loam at all. He knows he still has value despite his flaws.
@Alanna the Pirate Queen

Username:
Alanna the Pirate Queen
Bun Name: Deathcap
Personality: Deathcap is a surprisingly morbid bun. Upon normal interaction, one would simply think him solemn or reserved... and while he is decent at holding intellectual conversation, sometimes he lets slip his more macabre nature.
Rank in Warren: Grower (he would eventually like to be a Crafter though, to create "armor" type things out of deadly mushrooms to keep warren members safer from predators and enemies).
Story: Deathcap wasn't always called his. In fact, his birth name was Cottonfluff. It became pretty apparent to his family as he grew, however, that this name was not quite apt for him. He seemed a little too interested in their lessons on dangerous plants in the forest, as though he was less interested in avoiding them as his parents wanted him and siblings to, and more interested in studying them. In fact, he was most intrigued by a rather fascinating little mushroom buns knew as 'moonkiss' or, more commonly, 'death cap'.

He spent many moons observing animals from the shadows sometimes accidentally ingesting these mushrooms, and watching in fascination as they would grow violently ill... and sometimes even perish. It wasn't that he reveled in their pain and suffering, but rather found it fascinating that something so small and innocuous could cause so much damage. Truly, this plant was even more dangerous than hawks.

So one day, while he was out foraging for the warren, the once-named Cottonfluff caught wiff of a familiar scent on the wind, and he could not help but follow along. There, in a grove not far from their burrows, the cream colored buck laid eyes on one of the biggest death caps he had ever seen. Why, it was almost bigger than his face. He could tell it was mature as it was completely flat on top and its frills were extended, meaning it would spore soon. What an interesting mushroom it would be to grow for the warren! So with upmost care, he used his front claws to gently pry off the cap... pausing only for a moment to wonder how he could carry it back home without accidentally getting any in his mouth. There was no way around it... it needed to go ontop of his head.

And so the once-named Cottonfluff returned to his warren and discussed with their illustrious leader Portobello the benefits of cultivating such a dangerous mushroom. After some deliberation, the warren leader decided to allow the experiment, but in a separate area of the warren, so the deadly spores could not get mixed with the rest of the grower's mushrooms.

The creamy buck left the meeting quite happily, but not before requesting that from then on he no longer be called by his birth name. From then on, he wanted to be known as "Deathcap".
@mewrose

Have I got Another Story for you!
Username: mewrose
Bun Name: Spore
Personality: Not the most chatty of buns, he tends to keep to himself and prefers the company of quieter buns. If he encounters a problem, he'll mull over it for a while before coming up with a solution, and can become quite creative in his ideas.
Rank in Warren: Dyer
Story: When Spore was a kit, he didn't live in the warren, but instead in a separate burrow with his family. Some other kits used to tease him about the tiny mushroom marking on his forehead. They started with simple taunts about how it looked like something was growing on him, then got more elaborate like saying someday that mushroom would grow huge and take over his brain until he became as dull as a mushroom himself. He tried to ignore them, but they kept at it anyway and it started to get to him.

One day when he was nearly grown, he discovered the Capped Sprouts warren and their ability to dye with mushrooms. After seeing what they could do, he got an idea and had them dye a giant mushroom over his face. Then he went looking for the rabbits that had teased him. Once he spotted them, he snuck up to them, then shuffled slowly towards them, his eyes unfocused and making the occasional low groaning sound. As expected, they watched him in alarm as he slowly approached him, then one cried out "It really did take over his brain!" and they quickly fled.

Naturally Spore was very partial to mushroom dyes after that, so he joined the Capped Sprouts warren so he could learn to make and use them too.

Last edited:

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 9
Res: 3
Participation Raffle List:

Mewrose - Why did he do this (Tell me a Story pt 2) Winner
1. Onewintersnite
2. Niyaru
3. Chexarain
4. Absolutions
5. Ellanoire
6. Bughnrahk
Azael - Personality Contest Winner
Alana the pirate queen - How did this happen (Tell me a story) Winner
7. Sullivan
8. Stormflower
Darkheartedsorrow - Mane Name Winner
9. Angelbane

I'll be rolling first for the tabby dwarf who will go to someone who didn't win one of the contests and then the dye boy will be rolled between everyone.

Zakiax

Stew Aficionado
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 13
Res: 6
  1. Mewrose - Why did he do this (Tell me a Story pt 2) Winner
  2. Onewintersnite
  3. Niyaru
  4. Chexarain - Winner of Tabby (cannot win other participation bun)
  5. Absolutions
  6. Ellanoire
  7. Bughnrahk
  8. Azael - Personality Contest Winner
  9. Alana the pirate queen - How did this happen (Tell me a story) Winner
  10. Sullivan
  11. Stormflower
  12. Darkheartedsorrow - Mane Name Winner
  13. Angelbane

Azael

Long-Term Resident
D
Congrats everyone! And thank you Zakiax for hosting! Loam is ready to help out in every which way his silly butt can! <3