Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

Oceanside View (Yokan/Seafoam Synergy/Babbling Brook)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Babbling Brook was nomadic in nature. She could never stay in one place for long, but that stop her from doubling back and returning to locations she'd passed through before. Summer's Touch was her home and she'd grown up by the beach, rather than in the heat of it like Melting Point (though she certainly passed through that town in particular fairly often, too.) The ocean held a lot of memories for her, no matter where she saw it, but coming back to the warmth of her first home, her first destination... it centered her. She had come back to this area in particular for two reasons. The first was that the famous drag queen, Cotton Candie, was doing a drag show with some of their associates this evening. The second was that Brook had secured not one, but two tickets in a poker game a week ago and she had one pony in mind for who she wanted to bring along with her: Yokan, her foalhood friend.

She often dropped by on Yokan unannounced during his off-season days. It was cheaper to get a reservation at his fancy beach house BnB that way, but it was also just nice to see how the chap was doing. She had a notion that he would be as single and domestic as ever. It was endearing, if a little boring. She couldn't imagine herself ever settling with him, since he was tied down to that beach house and would never want to wander anywhere else, while Brook never knew when she'd return to one location after she'd visited it.

That day it hadn't taken her very long to get to Yokan's beach house. She arrived just after breakfast and walked right in, the bell jingling at the door. Brook wore her casual attire on, something that was perfect for the weather that came with Summer's Touch. The fabric was light and she was able to let her jewelry sparkle through. She did have a small saddle back with her too, which carried a few other necesities and the outfit she may wear for that evening. After all, who didn't love a good suit when going to impress the stallions (even if those stallions were dressing in turn, as mares?) She pranced in place a little, before moving down the front hall. Dreamer, this place hadn't changed a bit had it.

"Hellooooooo?" She called and heard some scrambling from the back. That would be Yokan in the kitchens no doubt. She smiled and started towards that way, intending to surprise him. She'd been coming here long enough that even if she didn't have a reservation, that wasn't going to stop her from wandering around like she owned the place. "Anyone home?" She called again. Did she hear someone upstairs? Ooh, maybe Yokan had a few guests. Well, that wouldn't keep her attitude from any less loud and energetic than it was. Besides, after she checked in, she would be a guest too, so they would be required to get along with her. She poked her head into the kitchen, only to quickly step back out of it as Yokan emerged, an apron wrapped around his waist.
"Kiss The Cook." She read aloud with a smile. "I'm touched that you still have that apron. I gave it to you what, two years ago now?" She grinned at him. "Hello, Yokan. I've come to check in to a room."

Yokan never knew when to anticipate Babbling Brook's spontaneous drop-ins. Of course he knew that she only ever appeared in his off-seasons, but usually she would warn him in some manner. She either called or sent ahead her clothing in advance for him to take to the dry-cleaners for when she got here. Today, however, he was caught unprepared. It had been a little over a week since Seafoam Synergy had come to stay at Yokan's humble BnB. They were getting along swimmingly, as far as Yokan could tell. They had yet to go hike along the moonlit ocean or explore into town. Syn hadn't brought it up since the first time he had, so Yokan assumed that he was no longer interested. A true shame... he would have liked the chance to show the handsome suli around, but Syn had a job and school to attend. Yokan was hardly going to stand in his way. As a result, he left the stallion to his own accords for the most part, checking in occasionally with snacks in hoof and reminding him to hydrate and when mealtimes would be for the day. Breakfast at 8am, lunch at 2pm, dinner at 6pm. Yokan had a tendency to be making food or clearing it away throughout the day as a result, which made it no surprise that he was in the kitchen when he heard a familiar feminine voice calling from the hallway. He was hoof deep in marmalade when he heard the first call and moved to the sink, rinsing off his hooves hurriedly. Brook would get bored and come hunting for him soon enough and he desperately wanted to be the first pony she saw - rather than her finding Syn and disturbing his work with her... energy.

He was just coming out of the kitchen when he spotted her. She looked like her usual self: flashy, bright-eyed and wide-smiled.
"Well met, Brook." He told her. "Sorry to keep you waiting, I was just finishing up with some chilled jelly. Well, chilled marmalade this time, anyway." He didn't take the fact that she wrinkled her nose up personally. It was a new food idea. Chilled jelly was one thing, but incorporating orange flavoring into it... that was quite another. He went on. "Been a while since you've been in these neck of the woods. What blew you back to Summer's Touch?" He was asking as he untied his apron. It was something that he wore based on how many pockets it had... and in the hopes that Syn would see him in it and spontaneously do as was written on the front of the apron. Of course, this was a fantasy, a dream, something that would never happen, but... It was enough for Yokan to wear it, at any rate. He beckoned to Brook for her to follow him into his office.

"I thought it had been too long since we'd seen each other. Plus, it's your off-season: the ideal time to come visit, as I'll get you all to myself! Which brings me to why I came today in particular!" Oh dear, thought Yokan. "You are looking at the owner of two tickets to Cotton Candies Sugar Soiree tonight! He's a famous queen that will be performing in town tonight! We have to go, Yokan! You've never been to a drag show before, right?" Yokan tried not to frown as he nodded. He passed the paperwork for Brook to sign: what days she would be staying, the amount per night and the safety deposit. "I appreciate the offer and you know I'm always happy to have you stay here any time you like, Brook, but I really don't think I'll be up to it. Besides, I can't just leave - I've got another guest staying at the BnB. It would be wrong to just leave him..." Yokan's cheeks warmed, turning pink. Something that definitely didn't go unseen by Brook as she said. "Ooh, humm. Well, then, we wouldn't want this mystery guest of yours to be missing out." She said picking up the pen and jotting down the three day stay that she would be in the bed and breakfast. She reached into her saddle back to pull out the tickets and also the bits for the stay. "Well, if you aren't interested in seeing the show - which is such a waste of an opportunity maybe, this..." She looked at the form that had been filled out before hers. "Seafoam Synergy, pony, might be interested in going with me instead." Hopping out of her chair and brandishing her tickets like a weapon at him, she moved out of his office and started up the stairs. "I suspect he's in the Oceanside View room, eh? You flirt." Yokan flushed pink again and flicked his ears back nervously. Was it that obvious that he liked the suli? That he'd given the stallion the best room. He'd told himself it was just because he was the only one in the BnB, but... maybe it had been special treatment from the moment Yokan saw Syn? How unprofessional! He hung back at the bottom of the stairs, before he heard a knock on Syn's door. Oh dear, Brook had gone right too him, instead of to her room, two doors down. He hurried up the stairs after her.

Brook stood at the closed door, beaming at it.
"Hello fellow patron! Could you open the door? I come bearing good tidings!" Brook called through the wooden door, after she'd knocked on it. Nothing would stop her from making an impression, especially on a pony that her dear Yokan, foalhood best friend and notorious single stud, had finally taken an interest in. @AlicornPlayhouse

Syn had been having a difficult time communicating, as one might think. As much as he wanted to just let himself dissolve into the absolute amazing pony that was.. well.. Yokan! He just couldn't. He was still so convinced that the kind of butterfly's in his stomach and the way his fur became suddenly so much warmer when he saw Yokan was only meant for main characters. He's an extra that walks by in a scene or two at best. He doesn't deserve this kind of feeling.. and it's not like be believes he's earned it. He couldn't help talking to Yokan, he enjoyed that far too much, but he ended up doing what he always did, shutting himself away into his studies and work to try and pretend he didn't helplessly swoon over Yokan.

He feared he may have missed his chance, as the days turned to a week or two. How long had it even been..? He's already losing track of time. Has he lost his chance with Yokan- no, think work! Would it be too late to get that new boo... Book... Or.. ask Yokan out on a nice stroll.. where when he heard a sound he could pretend to be scared of the dark and shrink up against him.. NO! Stop it! For dreamers sake you hopeless suli, get it together! He could feel his heart burning as he was trying to focus on his work.

Today wasn't unlike any other, as he came home from his duties or night out standing in the dark along and screaming about how dumb he was.. that's a topic for another time. He returned to his studies and locked himself away, where his heart wouldn't be hurt and his head wouldn't spin in circles until he was so dizzy even the worst idea looked like a beautiful star.. he couldn't lie, he really liked being dizzy.

What he hadn't expected was to hear another voice that night, calling out throughout the area. Oh! Was.. there another guest? He could've sworn he had been the only one, Yokan had mentioned it, hadn't he? Maybe he was mistaken, and he honestly didn't mind another pony around of course. Hopefully they weren't so... Disruptive most the time, he could barely focus on his work as it was.

After a few minutes passed of nothing he assumed they'd gotten their room and gone on, or done whatever they needed, until he heard a firm knock on his door, which caused the sleepy suli to keep from his spot with a yelp, tripping over his own hooves and flopping down with a huff. Oh, what a surprise..! Was it Yokan?! Please be Yokan!

The voice that followed.. wasn't Yokan..

Who could this pony be..? He slowly pushed himself up, creeping to his door and opening it up. His hair was all shaggy and messy hanging over his face as he desperately tried to blow it away. His ears had slowly pinned themselves back a bit more as his nose twitches cautiously as he perked outside. "Uhm-.. yes, hello.." he squeaked, shuffling to the side to open the door all the way. "How can I help you, today..?" He asked with a tilt of his head, somehow keeping himself surprisingly...shrunk..? Maybe if he seemed small he would be safe..
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Brook stared at the suli that opened the door with a searching eye. She...no, he, was a cutie, to be sure. All those star in his fur made him look like he had walked right out of the sky and landed on earth. If he were a pegasus or bat, it would make for excellent night cover.

"I am SO glad you asked!" Brook exclaimed with a grin. "I'm taking you out tonight. I just got here, I only have some cleaning up to do, and then you and me, we're going out on the town! I've got tickets to a show and somepony," She turned her head to look over her shoulder, where Yokan was looking at her in a mix of exasperation and quiet anxiety. "Would rather stay home and miss all the fun. So, when Yokan told me that he had another guest here, I knew that I just had to invite you. Go on, get yourself cleaned up - do you want me to help you with your mane? I've got a spare dress you could wear if you want!" Her eyes gleamed. "I'm not taking no for an answer - this is a gift, you know. It would be rude to refuse it. I'm going to go get dressed, my room is over there." She pointed to the door with a hoof. "So knock on my door when you're ready to go - or, no, I'll leave it open and you can just walk in when you're ready or if you want me to style your mane, okay? Okay, great! See you in a few!" She said and started moving to the door, before she paused, remembering herself. Looking to the suli stallion she grinned at him widely. "Oh, and I'm Brook, by the way. Nice to meet you! Let's have some real fun tonight, okay?" She introduced herself before she went into her room, keeping to her word and leaving her door open.

Yokan hadn't been able to stop Brook before she'd knocked on Syn's door. From what he could see over her shoulder, Syn looked so... baffled. Goodness, it was already late, the sun had set for the evening. He shouldn't be allowing Brook to walk all over him, but it was hard to get a word in edge wise where Babbling Brook was concerned. When she eventually disappeared into his room, he approached the open door slowly, looking bashful.

"Sorry about that, I couldn't get up the stairs to warn you about our new guest before she did." He apologized. "Brook's one of my off-season regulars, though her arrivals are pretty... sporadic." He explained with a sigh. "She's harmless, under all of her energy. She's a party pony, but her positivity is a little contagious. If you take her up on her offer, I'm sure you'd have fun, if you felt inclined to go." He shook his head. "I've never been one for large events, especially in town, but if you go, you ought to tell me how it is. And if you don't go, well, dinner's at 6, as usual." He shifted his hooves. Syn may have grown bored of Yokan's company, which is surely why he hadn't asked for Yokan to accompany him on a walk down the beach. Perhaps he would find more enjoyment with going out for a night of fun with Brook. Still, the idea of Brook doing up Syn's starlit mane, being so physically familiar with the stallion while Yokan was bound by the professional distance of a guest and host... It was more than a little frustrating and sparked some jealousy in Yokan that he hid with a shy smile.

"I'll be here to wait up for you, regardless of what you choose, of course." He added. "I could hardly lock out my two guests, after all." @AlicornPlayhouse

Syn had expected a lot of things from the pony before him. Possibly just a hello? Maybe she'd lost her room and had knocked on the wrong one..? Maybe she needed help! What he wasn't ready for was for her to burst into quite the spiel on taking him out into the town. What.. Who? Where?! He couldn't tell if the look in her eyes was excitement, derangement, or something between. Maybe it was nothing and that was his paranoia talking.

He took a tiny step back, his hooves anxiously making little clicks on the floor as he continually lifted and placed them down while this stranger went on about taking him off to a... show..? What kind of show! If he agreed to go and it was some horror thing or too sad he'd be upset and then just come back to his room unable to sleep! Should he ask?! He should ask. He opened his mouth to try and cut her off but he barely got out the start of a word before she simply continued on, leaving him baffled and in all honestly a little bit frightened. Should he be impressed by how bold this mare was? He knew he didn't have the guts to turn her down, he was almost positive she might come breaking the door down if he tried to just lock it and stay in! D-Do his mane, a dress..?! Why was it tempting?! Oh he wanted to go so bad but every bone in his body was telling him this was DEFINITELY a kidnapping and he was DEFINITELY going to end up somewhere bad after. Work up the courage! Tell her you can't go! It isn't rude to say no! Say you have work..! "Oh- Uhm- Brook, uhh.." Alas, that was all he could manage to call after her as she went trotting off suddenly. Did you just say that? Literally a 'sorry, no.' would've sufficed you absolute fool!

He couldn't deny how shaky he was at the sudden intrusion, not really moving to close his door or anything. He was thankful he did, though, as Yokan seemed to have been just behind her! How had he not noticed! His teeth chattered slightly and his nose gave a tiny twitch. "Oh, Yokan, thank dreamer- I mean, uhm.. hi.." Very smooth, Syn, great job. You're doing an absolutely amazing job flirting with Yokan, seeing as you've locked yourself up in your room for the majority of the time and nearly flown away up tot he clouds every time you've seen him. "Ah, o-okay. Really, no need to be sorry.. I suppose she did catch me off guard a little bit, though." He mentioned, laughing quietly to try and settle his nerves as he shook his head. Oh, please, mane, fix yourself! Why are you such a mess?! Why didn't you brush it out completely at least 10 times before seeing Yokan! "Her offer does sound.. interesting, I haven't worn any dresses in a while, or done my mane for any events.." He glanced around and then down at himself. Maybe it was due time he went out.. had some social interaction.

He couldn't help the instant smile when he said he'd be waiting up for them either way. "You really are too nice.. thanks so much.. Oh, uhm, if you don't mind my asking.., do you have any idea what this 'show'... you know.. is..?" Syn asked hopefully, not wanting to walk into this blind.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Yokan watched as Syn started to process the chaotic whirlwind of Babbling Brook. When he finally spoke up again, it was clear he was uncomfortable. Yet the poor dear was still being a sweetheart despite his brush with Brook. At his mention about how he hadn't worn any dresses for a while Yokan blinked. He knew that some ponies wore them, he just hadn't thought Syn was the sort. Yokan only ever associated stallions who did that as a means to express gender or, as it had come up earlier that night, ponies who enjoyed doing drag. Of course, there was also ponies like Brook, who would dress up in whatever they darn well pleased, but that seemed to be as a show of confidence, which... while he certainly didn't mean any offense by it... Syn didn't strike him as the confident type.

Yet, looking at him, it did bring an interesting mental image to his mind and not an unpleasant one.
"I may not be able to help you on the dress front, but if you need an extra pair of hooves to help with your mane, I may be able to assist on that front." The words were spilling out of his mouth before he could stop them. His ears dipped backwards. "Though Brook did offer first, and she's certainly more stylish with manes than I tend to be, and well, your mane is already lovely as it is, anyway, so styling it may not be necessary." He continued quickly.

At the mention of the show, Yokan nodded.
"Vaguely. One of Brook's idols is gonna be in town. I'd call the show itself something like... a concert? Somewhere between a concert and an interactive show." He recalled, thinking about the other shows of the nature that Brook had told him about in the past. "Cotton Candie is the name of the pony you'll be going to see, I think they're a ghoulie? Big hair. That's all I really remember about them, but I'm sure Brook will be eager to tell you all about it, if you ask." He supplied.

"Ask me about what?" Brook had returned, adjusting the tie in her suit, her dress from earlier hanging up in the closet of her room. She looked from Yokan to Seafoam Synergy with a gleam in her eye. Over her hindquarters, she had two dresses. "Okay so I didn't know if you wanted to go all out or if you wanted to wear this kimono that I picked up the last time I was in town." She said and pulled up one both of the options, referencing first the striking blue kimono followed by the extravagant glittering ballgown.

"Okay, so which one do you wanna do? They both come with shoes, but I think our hoof size is pretty similar, but it's not like you can't go without it. Are your ears pierced?" She asked, eyeing the slim rabbit ears that Seafoam Synergy possessed with an assessing eye. She moved forward, towards Synergy's room. "Okay Yokan, that's all we need from you - thanks for all your help! We gotta get ready before the big show. C'mon, Synergy, lemme figure out what we wanna do up your hair as - ooh, maybe I have a foundation that'll match. Do you have a preference for which dress you like best?" She asked, folding the dresses over her back and pushing her way past Seafoam Synergy and kicking the door closed with a back hoof, shutting out Yokan.

"Okay, let's get started. No need to look so shaken up, kid, you wanna make him look at cha, don't you?" She asked softly, in case Yokan was still lingering. She glanced over her shoulder at the door and then moved to a chair, draping the ballgown across it. "What's your hoof size? I'm a seven." She asked him, holding up the kimono a few feet away from where the stallion stood, eyeballing how its colors might look against his fur.

Yokan flattened his ears when the door was effectively shut in his face, before he had a chance to protest. He stomped a hoof on the floor - Brook was always like this whenever he had someone else over. She seemed to think it was her job to both effectively get under his skin while also playing matchmaker. It had never worked before, so why did she believe it would work now? Daft mare.

"I'll be in the kitchen then!" He called through the door. At the very least he could make some snacks that they might be able to sneak into the venue they were visiting or to eat before they left. No reason for them to eat out on the town when they had a perfectly decent chef standing right there. He sighed as he headed downstairs, a thought nagging at him. Syn had looked rather rattled initially, but... what if he like that kind of attention? He shook his head. It wasn't his place to pay that kind of attention to Syn. They were still bound by the guest and host arrangement, especially since his initial offer to go beyond that hadn't been acknowledged.

Maybe... Yokan had mixed up the signals and Syn didn't look at him differently from any other pony at all. Hard as it was to think of, it was the more rational approach. With this in mind, maybe it would be good for his patron to be whisked away by Babbling Brook. Heck, if Syn brought back a new pony with them, he may get another guest in the beach house - which was better for business. Yes... better to think of the business than anything else. Like getting his hopes up for nothing. @AlicornPlayhouse

Syn was suddenly regretting his decision to say any of that as he watched Yokan, unable to quite place the emotion on the other stallions face. Was he confused? Annoyed? Was he just normal?! Was his nerves talking?! How was he supposed to know! It was all so complicated and he couldn't help but want to curl up into a tiny ball, disappearing in on himself. Maybe that would solve this whole experience, if he simply chose to vanish rather than do either. He was too scared of this Brook character to say no, as well as too intrigued, but he also liked nothing more than staying in and seeing Yokan as much as he could.. well.. maybe he could catch him before they left..?

It didn't help the poor ponies embarrassed state when he offered to help with his mane, his hooves doing the same little clopping noise as he bounced on them slightly. "Oh, well, yes.. she did offer but.. I'm sure she wouldn't mind your help, r.. right..?" He ventured hopefully, his ears continuing to press back against the back of his head. They were floppy before, but now they may as well have been touching the floor and twisting themselves together. As Yokan mentioned how his mane always looked nice he reached up a hoof, patting his hair down a little. "Thank you.." He smiled a little bit. He wanted nothing more than to offer a sweet compliment in return, but the words got caught in his throat, as though he was trying to cough up metal.

He perked up a little at the mention of Cotton Candie. He didn't know much about them, but he'd seen them here and there and had heard it a few times. They seemed.. interesting enough! "Oh..! I think I've heard of them.. maybe I should ask uhm.. Brook.. yeah, that might be best." He laughed, a fruitless attempt to try and act casual as his own mind decided to play tricks on him. Was Yokan flirting with him? Should he mention a stroll again? What does he do?!

It seems it didn't matter, though, as the mare of the hour came trotting back in a lovely suit, might he add. It didn't help anyone at all most likely as he quietly gulped, taking a small step back. Ah.. masculinity.. the weakness of this poor bunny. "Oh.. nothing important..! Uhm that's.. a very nice suit." He offered the best little smile that he could muster. Everything's going to be fine, Syn..! Everything is not going to be fine! Red alert! Red alert!

His eye was instantly drawn tot he blue kimono, no way was he wearing such a fancy ball gown out. It took everything in his power to make himself wear the dresses he liked in his own home, much less something like that. He couldn't deny how stunning it was, and felt a pang of jealousy as he could see how stunning the mare before him would look with it dawned. Maybe if he looked more like her, or acted more like her, Yokan would talk to him.. Maybe he could ask her for advice, she might know more than him.. right?

"Well, that kimono is very lovely.." He didn't get much a chance to answer more as she continued wiht the questions and he self consciously touched one of his ears. "Well, I got them pierced a long time ago.. I don't think they would've closed up.." Or, he hoped not. Part of him was fully convinced if there wasn't a hole to put an earring through and Brook really wanted to, he would have his ears re-pierced before he even knew it. He took another step back as she approached his room, trying to move to let her in before she promptly decided to push herself through anyway. He was once again left wondering if he should be upset about that or respect her even more for how straight forward and bold she was.

As she slammed the door he made a move to try and call out to Yokan, but once again he found his throat dry. Oh.. maybe his brain knew Yokan didn't care to stick around and was telling him to just put up with it.. No! Stop thinking so somberly! You'll see him again tonight in a pretty dress with your ears up high... err... as high as you can get them.. and you'll tell him you think he's a handsome- no- no you'll tell him.. oh what will you say?! "Well.. the kimono, probably.. It isn't a ball for a prince, after all.." He laughed before quickly cutting himself off. "I'm sorry, did that seem rude..? Nevermind.." Syn! What are you even saying?!

He was taken aback by her comment on him wanting Yokan to look his way... but all he could do was nod a little bit. He wasn't any good at lying, really, especially not about this. Was his admiration for Yokan that obvious? Wait.. what if she wasn't talking about Yokan, and instead this 'Cotton Candie'? Well, no point in asking and either outing your major crush on the host, right? "I'm around a 7.. 6 and a half, sometimes.." He knew he was a pretty small suli, and, in all honesty, he didn't know his hoof size, he didn't do shoes! But, alas, he was too nervous to tell her that, so even if they hurt his hooves or fell off constantly he'd wear what she gave him.. let's hope they don't do either.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Yokan was trying not to take things personal.
It's just how Brook is. He told himself for the thirteenth time since he'd started running dinner prep. I said no to the concert and now she's dragged Syn into it... Oh Dreamer I hope he doesn't resent me for it. He sighed, slicing up cucumber slices when the steamer dinged - the edamame was ready. He'd let it sit in the steamer for a while longer. By the heavy hoofsteps coming from the second floor, he suspected they wouldn't be ready for a while.

Brook did have a tendency to take a longer while when it came to interrogating and dressing new ponies (especially if they were unwilling, which she had yet to figure out if Synergy was in that category or not.) When he'd worked up the nerve to compliment her suit, she preened.
"It really is, isn't it? To have a properly fitted suit - it's a dream." She'd sighed wistfully.

As the stallion in front of her evaluated the two outfits she laid out in front of him she smiled.
"The kimono would totally suit you! Kimonos are naturally unisex - if that sort of thing matters to you. I tend to go in for breaking barriers, but I know that some ponies tend to prefer fitting in, hmph. Can't see the fun in life I can." She tossed her head. "Why impose things on ponies like certain kinds of fashion? If we're really all just a dreamed up imagining from our dear Dreamer, shouldn't we be the best kind of dream we can be?" She explained and moved to the closet in Synergy's room, grabbing a hanger and slicing the ballgown around it. She hung it in the closest. "I'll leave this here, until we get back later. I would hate for it to wrinkle." She added.

As he told her about his ears, she waved it off.
"I wouldn't worry too much about it. The earrings came with the ballgown set, not the kimono. Unless you want me to go find some earrings that would go with the kimono, then I'm sure I can find some back in my room?" She offered.

She was moving over to the chair now, pulling up the kimono in her hooves.
"Don't let Candie hear that. He's both prince and queen depending on when you talk to them. Prince Cotton, Queen Candie. He's something to be reckoned with and a true performer." She handed the kimono to Synergy. "Don't worry about offending me. I don't get offended by wusses. Usually I'm the one irritating them. They see my confidence and resent me for it. Yet, if I spend enough time around your sort, I tend to rub off. I wonder how I might rub off on you." She grinned at him, more fox than equine. "Do you need help putting this on? You can probably do the dress bit, but I can help you with the sash - that's the part that always tripped me up, sometimes literally." She reflected.

She nodded at his hoof size and held up the pair of shoes that would go on his back legs, examining them and shaking her head.
"Well, these will be a little small. Let's forgo the shoes. I'll work on your mane in between when we get the kimono on. C'mon, get a hustle on, we don't wanna be late to the show! Especially if we get dinner before then." She encouraged him. "Let's get you dolled up and get this show ont the road. Don't cha want to impress Yokan with how cute you'll be?" She added with a wink and practically shoved the kimono top over his head. There! @AlicornPlayhouse

Ah, yes, fitting into standards.. He couldn't help but laugh a bit, having two mothers, one of which considered herself to be breaking every standard of reality. Oh well! He didn't really mind the comments. After all, she was right. Kimonos were generally unisex. Maybe he'd have to wear one of his dresses out with her sometime, and she could wear a stunning suit! Then they'd look like a great pair of friends, out breaking rules. Friends.. hm, he would like a friend!

"Yeah.. I'm glad we don't have to worry about it, then.. No need to look for any! I'd hate for you to go through the trouble only to find out I couldn't wear them anyways." He explained, bouncing back and forth on his hooves.

He took a few steps after her, trying to help wherever he could as he listened to her ramble about Cotton Candie. "Yes, yes. I'll keep that in mind.." He nodded quickly, trying to show he understood. Try not to accidentally insult the pony, noted.. Although, he couldn't help the sting that came with her comment on 'wusses'. Was he one? Well, he knew he wasn't confident! But, he didn't think it was that bad.. "I don't resent you for your confidence!" He piped up, raising his head for but a moment before slowly lowering it and falling back to his meek demeanor. "I.. guess I respect it. It's nice." He explained softly. He just wanted her to think he was cool.. because maybe then Yokan would too. "A bit of help would be appreciated.. I wouldn't want to mess it up or anything." He was far more concerned with accidentally ripping or damaging her clothing than he was falling and hurting himself.

Syn couldn't help the relieved feeling that washed over him. He wouldn't have to worry about any shoes, perfect! "Oh- yes! You're right.. don't wanna be late!" He agreed swiftly, shaking off and looking at the Kimono. As he tried to wrap his brain around how to put it on first, he was left stunned with the comment. "Ah.. well-." His sentence was swiftly cut off as the Kimono was shoved onto him. He took the opportunity to avoid the subject entirely as he gathered himself again and tried to help fix up his outfit.
@belloblossom