Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP] Branching Out [Nuclear Thrum/Rose Hip]

They/He/Neo Prns

Nuclear Thrum, better known as XOXO, hadn't left their home in weeks, maybe months. Now, this wasn't new. Any ponies that knew him, the few that there were, knew not to expect to run into them any time soon. Today, though, the worst had happened. With both his parents gone, and the house having been out of food all day, he was forced to make a dreaded trip to the store. If only they could magically go invisible. They wouldn't run the risk of any dangerous encounters with anybody.

Oh well, they'll get over it.. somehow! After throwing on their usual attire and spending far too long on choosing earings, he headed out for the shops. Trotting along almost suspiciously far from the main walkways, keeping their tail flickering behind them as they went. The angrier they seemed, the safer they were. And, the cooler they felt on top of it all! Luckily, he didn't have to spend too much time in the sun, he lived fairly close to his destination.

Slowly nudging the door open, the pony slipped through, quickly lowering their gaze to the tiles ground as they scurried along. All they needed was some food. Maybe some noodles? They could grab premade sauce too! Spaghetti sounded delicious! But also fruit sounded great.. Oh what to do. Where to go..?! Maybe they should've called Mom. They swear they could do it! Was he wrong?

Even as these thoughts raced through his head, he still ended up having already been standing by the section of pastas. Oh.. maybe they were worrying over nothing again. It seemed their feet knew just where to go. That's right.. no need to fret. Everythings under control.. Are you shivering? Was he cold? No he felt hot? What did he look like walking over here?!

FOCUS.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Rose Hip was more than used to making stops to the grocery store. Most days, he preferred to trot to the local farmers markets, but today was an emergency run to pick up some much needed items that his boarding house was running low on. It took him longer to get out of the door, spending time brushing his mane and tail out so that they weren't a tangled mess - yet it still looked a touch unruly no matter what he tried to do with it. At least he was able to get his mane into some semblance of a long ponytail, high enough to keep from sweeping it against the ground.

Finally, after gathering his shopping bags, Rose Hip left his house and moved out into the town. His local grocery store - a mom n' pop shop at the corner - was the closest to his house. While they may not have the most extensive options, they were cheap and he had a good credit system with them. After all, many of his patrons were theirs too. He took a cart - knowing that he'd have much to carry with him and strolled inside.

He moved gracefully through the aisles, his hooves clacking daintily on the tile floor. He picked up some much needed hygienic products and then moved into the bakery, when a flash of pink caught his eye. Looking up, he saw a pony with noticeably wobbly legs making their way into... he glanced up at the sign... the pasta and sauce aisles.

Now, Rosie, don't you go bein' nosy. He thought to himself as he walked down to peer around the corner of the pasta aisle. He stared unashamedly at the pony. The poor dear looked about ready to have an anxiety episode right there in front of the marinara sauce. Shaking his head, Rose strode forward with eyebrows tilted upwards in concern. He cleared his throat as he approached to not spook the pony further and spoke softly.

"Honey, I don't believe I've seen anyone more terrified of choosing between spaghetti or bowtie pastas before. Are you doing alright, darlin?" He cooed, his voice feminine and maternal. "I hate to see anyone see so distressed - is this your first time in here? I'm happy to make some recommendations." He pointed a hoof at the three-cheese marinara sauce. "This one is pretty rich, but it saves you the bits of having to add your own cheese in, if you're trying to save a few bits." He went on, grabbing two jars of the sauce in his own cart. "I'm Rosie, by the way. Well, Rose Hip - but no one really calls me that these days." He shrugged and smiled. "What's your name, darlin?" @AlicornPlayhouse

He had entirely expected to be left alone, as he was most days hanging around this area. Just like him, to freak out over some sauce. They reasoned to themselves that people probably looked nervous all the time! He wasn't the only pony with paranoia around here, no doubt. There's no way he'll stand out, they're just another-

There goes that idea, as some body came clamping his way. Oh, oh what did he do?! He lifted his paws one by one, nervously stamping them with little 'thomp, thomp.' They looked kind enough, right..?! They did seem rather.. thorny in pattern..

No, Thrum! You're one to judge on appearances, you look like an angsty teen fresh out of their high school band, and you're as harmless as a fly. But... this ponies eyes. He thought they were threatening at first, icy blue, but they seemed much more comforting when he approached.

Darlin'? Oh.. He sounds nice enough..! He coughed, clearing his throat and shaking out their nerves from head to tail- literally. He did a little shimmy, starting at his ears and ending with a tiny tail flick.

"Yes, yes. I'm.. alright! Just.. new around here." He mustered the deepest voice he could, though it didn't sound very real. They weren't new around here, but that was easier than explaining themselves more. "Oh, yes.. that looks good! Thank you.." He shuffled forward a tad, slowly grabbing a jar for himself. "Rose Hip.." He paused. "Ah! I'm XO. Or, I suppose.. XOXO?" Yeah, that's fine..

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Cyan eyes tilted upwards as a small smile graced Rose Hip's lips. He noted the depth of the other's voice and inclined his head forward in a gracious nod.
"New in town? Why, what an opportunistic moment for you that we happen to have met, then. The Dreamer must have smiled upon you this evening, Ex-Oh." He said with a smile. "Because, well, you see, I'm about as local as you can get. I own a boarding house just a few blocks away - do you have a place to stay yet? We've got a free room available, if you're looking to stick in the area and trust me, it's well worth the price." He smiled and turned his head so that he could reach into one of the saddle bags around his waist. He rustled open one of the flaps and then pulled out a business card, clasping it gently in his teeth and raising his eyebrows at Ex-Oh as he offered it to him with a smile.

When his mouth was free from the card, he went on to say.
"I don't mean to sound vain, but my establishment is surely better than wherever you're staying now, I'm sure. It's got 5 horseshoe reviews on TrotAdviser.net, doll, that's how you know it's the real deal." He said, proudly, before tucking his chin in a bit, looking a touch embarrassed. "Sorry darlin', here I am coming to advise you on pasta sauce and I just get carried away... Well, I'll tell ya what, lemme invite you to dinner tonight at mine and I can tell ya all about the local digs... or we can talk more sauces, if that's more up your aisle." He smiled broadly at the pony in front of him. "I'll even pay for whatever you were gonna buy - how's that for hospitality in a new neighborhood, eh? You'd be a fool to turn down such an offer, cute as you might be." Rose smiled and moved his cart around the other pony, moving towards the spaghetti, pulling boxes off the shelves. "I just have to grab a few more items while I'm here and then we can head out. What about you? Anything left on your list, sweetie?" The stallion asked kindly.
@AlicornPlayhouse

Ah.. yes, he was quite wrong. Rosie's eyes aren't intimidating at all, or, he didn't think so. They were quite pretty, actually. Very bright. If he had the ability to even muster up a smile while entangled in his little lie, he would've complimented him.
New in town, yes.. He wasn't known by just about any pony, he could fake that easy enough. "Ah, well.. you see.. I do have a place..!" He gave a small pause, though. As terrified as he was of the outside world, he still had a mild understanding of how overbearing his parents tended to be. Most ponies would be driven mad, and he was only not on the brink of insanity thanks to his own fear. Maybe a change wouldn't be so bad to try out?

No! What are you even thinking?! You tried all that once before! That's why you have holes in your ears and hearts on your hip..! Then again, some ponies tended to like those, right? "Although, that IS a really good review, I'm sure it's great.. And, I have been looking for somewhere new." He didn't even know why he was barely agreeing. Was a no REALLY that hard?

It was the next few ideas that really shocked them. A dinner invite? He knew he couldn't accept the offer to pay for his things. He wasn't even really NEW. But.. dinner. For the first time in years he felt the urge to go. He hadn't wanted to do anything without his parents approval since a long, long time ago. "I'd love to have dinner! Oh- and, thank you, for the offer. But I'm sure I can manage to buy myself some sauce.." He puffed out his chest a little. Big and strong, that's how you've gotta be! It'll keep danger away and maybe get yourself some confidence points. "But, well.. yes.. dinner sounds lovely." And you ruined that persona quickly with a voice crack in your last sentence, you bumpling fool. At least he can't see XO grinding his teeth beneath his mask.

@belloblossom