Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[PRP]OMFG Don't you knock [Oliver & Max][Finished]

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oliver clicked lightly to Mothra as he returned to his dorm room. He shrugged off his work bag, setting it on a chair and went to clean up. He tossed his work scrubs away, washed up, and changed clothes. He shrugged into a comfortable t-shirt his sister had got him. It was soft pastel purple with little goth bats and artful ripped hem.

"Where did I put your brush, Mothra?" He questioned, looking for her favorite grooming brush in her bag. "There it is." He pulled out the brush, setting it on the bed and picked up her grooming mat, unrolling it on the floor to attempt to keep her loose hair from getting all over. "Alright, brush time girl."

Mothra gave a soft chirp, lightly jumping down onto the mat and stretched on it, rolling on her belly and purring.

"Good girl." He rubbed her belly and paused. "Wait, let me grab my phone real quick." He pulled back to snag his phone, making sure it was on vibrate and nearby encase work needed him. "There. Okay, let's get to work on your current shedding problem."

Last edited:

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
He... Was... So... Bored!

Max rolled his eyes and flopped backwards onto his bed. After coming to this new region, he had been told he couldn't go out exploring right away. Well that was just no fun! The whole point of all of this was to explore, right? Find new Poke'mon and new flora and all that shit. But they had some fancy shmancy papers that still needed to be done before they'd let him out.

With another roll of his eyes, he rolled onto his stomach and stuck his tongue out at the Zorua sleeping on his pillow. Magnus opened one eye and let out a soft little bark, before getting up, stretching, and moving over to sit and place a paw on Max's nose. Snorting, he shook his head, then made a pouty face at Magnus. What was he to do? It was so boring while Oliver was preoccupied...

Wait... Squinting, Max plucked up his phone from the bed stand and glanced at the time. Oliver was back in his room... Grinning, the redhead rolled off his bed and got dressed in a loose gray shirt and black leggings. The whole time, Magnus was just watching him from the bed, until he was scooped up into Max's arms. Another bark, this time of annoyance, and the pair were out the door and down the hall to find Oliver's room.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oliver slowly brushed out Mothra fur, stopping occasionally to pull out the shed fur from her brush so he could get the worst of it. She had been shedding like crazy of late, but it was probably stress instead of the heat. She had been born in Alola so the heat and humidity was something she was use to.

He rubbed her belly, ignoring her playfully batting paws as he worked his fingers into one of her favorite spots, scratching as she squirmed in pleasure. "That good girl?" He question, relaxed as she chirped and went back to slowly brushing her out.

"Hopefully this is going to be the last of it."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Mothra would hear it first. The warning bark of Magnus. We're coming!

A few moments later, another closer bark, and the shuffling of feet as someone came scrambling down the hall. Colliding with the door. Silence, then a little whine from the Zorua.

Max had slipped out of his slippers and slid across the cool floor in his socks, barreling straight into the door. If it hadn't been fully closed or locked, it probably would have burst open, leaving Max tumbling into the room. However, it kept Max upright for a moment before he teetered backwards, rubbing at his face. Magnus was safely on the ground, having jumped from his arms before he could collide.

A little knock came to the door next as Max continued to rub at his face. Owie....

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oliver paused as his door full on shuddered under the weight of someone slamming into it, ruining his hope that he would have a nice quiet evening. He took a deep breath letting it out. Maybe it wasn't for him, maybe someone just

Nope, ugh. He sighed, getting off the floor, giving Mothra a pet as she twisted up from her grooming mat and trotted to the door, bapping it. "Yyy." She called, leaning down to give a small sniff and murred at the door.

He opened the door, pulling it open and stared at Max. "What the fuck," he questioned, tired and so done with this shit as he habitability signed to the young man in from of his room. He reached out, carefully taking Max's chin to eye the others face before letting go, waving it off. "There is an ice pack in the mini fridge." He offered, moving into the room to grab it.

Last edited:

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
As the door opened, a big grin split Max's face. He snickered in a soft wheezing and out of tune way, before waving off Oliver's searching hands.

"I was bored!" he signed with exasperation, shuffling sideways into the room as Oliver went to go grab the ice pack he mentioned, and after moseying his feet back into his slippers.

Magnus peeked around the door, trotted in, closed it, and sat. Barking gently at Mothra to say hello.

Max found the nearest surface he could sat on and promptly parked his behind. "It's so boring here while you're at work. They won't let me go anywhere!" A pout to his face, Max would take the eventually offered ice pack and hold it to his nose. It didn't sting, but he knew better than to doubt Oliver's medical advice at this point.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Oliver handed over the ice pack. "And you decide body slamming my door was a way to relieve your boredom," he said dryly. He gathered up the shed fur, tossing it, and set the brush and mat away. "There is not many places to go, unless you are planning to go out on the fields." He eyed Max.

"Did they way why you are not allowed to go? You have Magnus." He motioned to the Zorua. "Magnus certainly can keep you out of trouble."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"I didn't mean to slam into the door, honest!" Though he couldn't keep himself from snickering again. It was funny, he had to admit, though not planned at all. With one hand he continued, albeit a bit slower, waiting for Oliver to turn back towards him.

"Well," there was a little pause and roll of his head. "I can technically go out, but it's only to certain areas. It's really restricting and not fun at all." There was a shaking of his head to that, ponytail bouncing. Then a head tilt as he glanced towards Mothra and Magnus, and back to Oliver again.

"Honestly, I really just hate being cooped up in that little dorm room alone. These are all really small... I figured maybe we could be cooped up together instead?" A brow raised at the end, shrugging his shoulders a little. He'd missed his friend while he was out here exploring and Max was left at home. That's why he did everything he could to get approved to come along on this expedition.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Well yes, because they don't want people to die," Oliver replied dryly, hands moving in the signs in a careful flow. "Fairlight doesn't want a lawsuit because someone got lost or mauled or ran over by a bulldozer. Most of the city is under construction."

Oliver sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Fine." He said finally, motioning Max up. "Let's go and find something for you to do. Outside the dorm," Oliver added, getting up to switch his glasses for his shades. "Do you want to see the beach or something? They supposedly have a place you can swim." They could check that out.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Max made a face. Of course a big corporation didn't want a lawsuit. But it was boring! This was supposed to be an expedition! Weren't those usually made in the name of science, safety forbid? He could think of a few Poke'mon experts who had very little regard for their own safety when approaching new species and observing. Yeah, the smart ones were the ones who sat and waited and observed patiently. But the bold ones were the fun ones! They always got the best reactions out of things, instead of waiting and waiting and waiting to get a result.

At Oliver's motions, Max pushed himself off the surface he was on, placing the ice pack down. At the mention of a beach, he straightened up, clapped his hands together and nodded vigorously. Beach! That sounded like fun! He scrambled to put the ice pack away, before sliding towards Oliver and hooking his arm through his friend's. Grinning down at him, signing with one hand, "Lead the way!"

Magnus had just been sitting or lounging alongside Mothra if allowed. Otherwise, curled up beside the door waiting for Max to find a comfortable spot. With all the movement, he would get up and stretch and let out a little inquisitive bark, head tilted.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Did you want to swim?" Oliver picked up his light bag, double checking to make sure his water and usual first aid supplies were in there, and a few treats for Mothra. He wasn't feeling a swim but he could watch Max if he needed to wear out some energy.

"Mothra, come on." He called stepping outside the dorm to lock up his room, ignoring the clingy barnacle of his friend with all the experience of someone use to toddlers. He looked up at Max. "So, to your room or the beach?" He questioned.

Mothra had let the Zorua lounge next to him, but at her name, she yawned and stretched elegantly before trotting over to her trainer to nudge him. She gave a please mrrp as she was pet, tail swaying high above her.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Nodding, Max waited impatiently for Oliver to grab his things. It was an impromptu trip, after all. Though he was really excited. When they were outside the room, his hands found their way together. "I have to grab a suit, come on." He would then guide Oliver down the hall and towards his own little dorm so he could get a swim suit. "I have to brush up on my swimming if I want to surf with you, after all!"

He had tried surfing with Oliver's Mantine once before, but that day ended up in lots of bruising and being thrown around. Max had to find a Poke'mon for himself to surf on, and also just get better at the surfing and swimming part in general.

Magnus hurried along after them all, littler legs moving swiftly to keep pace with Mothra. He liked Mothra. Very chill. He liked Oliver for that too. Very chill.

At his room, he finally unlinked his arm from Oliver. The door was left wide open, leaving his friend either in the doorway, or coming inside. Whichever he was comfortable with. Grabbing a bag, Max stuffed a swimsuit into it, as well as two towels, a brush, two water bottles, and a few snack bags of food. Some for Magnus, some for himself. Just snacks, just in case. He was having a real problem not getting his usual caffeine intake.

"Okay, now I'm ready," he signed, moving back over and following them out. The door was locked and he looped his arm with Oliver's again. "How do we get to the beach?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Nessie dumped you, multiple times, at this point I think you might be better just getting a board and practicing on that." Oliver paused, considering having his father send him is regular board with Nessie. "Though I probably end up in the water about the same," he would have to get his balance back. The mantine moved in a way a board just couldn't replicate and he could pick up minute twitches in her body as she read the currents and possible dangers much better then his own eyes could ever do.

"The beach is rather simple, we head to the docks, where the ships pull in and then a bit off of that." Oliver said, steering Max out of the dorms and towards the water way.

Mothra glanced back, making Magnus was keeping up and chrrp at the other pokemon. Come along then.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
More waving of his hands before he resumed signing. "Nah, boards won't give me the same feel as a Mantine or another Poke'mon. Maybe I just need to get myself something to surf with. I wonder what kind of water Poke'mon are here on Nauwill." He was lost in thought for a few moments at that. Maybe there were new Poke'mon they'd never seen before here. Big Poke'mon, he'd like that. Wrangle himself the biggest one he could find. For sure.

He followed Oliver dutifully towards the docks. Weaving through anyone who might be in their way. He was all too eager to hang out outside of the dorms, even if they couldn't go off exploring wherever they wanted. Perhaps he could explore the water a bit, see what was out there just off Nauwill's shore.

Magnus barked back gleefully, hopping forward to brush against Mothra as they padded along.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"There is something in the water. It bites," Oliver replied dryly, hands forming familiar figures and gaining a bit of speed now he knocked off a bit of dust. "Maybe you should get a Sharpedo. Just zoom through the water." That might actually suit Max more then he thought.

"I haven't seen any mantine here yet, we haven't got a chance to really explore the water yet." Oliver stepped onto the dock, looking out at the water. "So this is the main dock for the ships. " He nodded to the supply ship.

"The swimming area is father along, but thought you might want to see the ships, or at least know where they are. If you order something, it comes by ship. Still has to go through a cleaning." Oliver shrugged and motioned Max along. "Swimming beach isn't too far from here. So it makes a good landmark."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"Would a Sharpedo have enough surface area to stand on?" Whether Oliver saw that one or not, the redhead didn't notice or care. He was already day dreaming about riding one of those sharp toothed Poke'mon. He'd look hella cool doing it, that's fore sure. A big doofy smile on his face, he barely registered they were already at the dock. Eyes wide as he looked out across the water.

"We really are pretty far from home, huh?" He continued to stare out over the water as he signed, before finally pulling his gaze towards Oliver. Sure, he came over on the boat to Nauwill. Yet it was still... Just so amazing. He felt so tiny every time he looked out.

"Good to know." A thumbs up was given at the last few comments, Oliver stating that stuff came over by boat and had a small quarantine to go through. He couldn't wait to get his other Poke'mon here. She'd absolutely love it, he was certain. Next he moved back towards Oliver and would follow along to the swimming area.

Magnus had left Mothra's side, finally, to sit at Max's feet and look out with him. There was a slight sadness to him as he did so. Missing home and his friend. Soon she would be here. Then he was up again, following the group further down the beach.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Yeah, we are very far from home." Oliver missed his youngest siblings, his dad and Zaire were always supported. Occasionally Hollin even if she kept threatening him with Indeedees. "Are you planning on importing anyone outside of Magnus?" He questioned, motioning Max with him to head to the beach.

"I think Nessie is my next attempt to import, though my dad has mentioned Fey." He was sort of excited for the Zorua kit. He hoped they worked well together, Yoketron and his girlfriend had some of the most adorable kits.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"Morgana is already on her way," he chuckled. He only had the two Poke'mon, having not done much actual exploration back home. Though Hollin had offered an Indeedee to him, too, alongside threatening Oliver with one. He was tempted...

"Oh I'd love to see you get Fey! Magnus has been missing his siblings." Magnus was given to him by Oliver's dad when his Zoroark had bred. "Because this place is so new, would they let you really go far enough out to surf with Nessie?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"They might, I'll figure it out when I get Nessie over here. At the very least, I can have her pull me along the swim area to get some exercise." She was a good girl and Oliver was certainly going to try surfing the moment he could.

"There some interesting Pokemon here. Have you considered applying for one of the starters?" Oliver questioned, walking through the sand of the scenic beach.

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
"I've thought about it," he would reply, eyes wandering while his hands stayed in front and signed fluently. "The Totodiles look like a lot of fun! But I want to make sure Magnus and Morgana are both comfortable before I start upending their lives even more. It's already hard enough for Magnus to be here without Morgana."

Almost as if the Zorua knew what he was talking about, Magnus let out a little whine and brushed against his legs. Max reached down to pick him up, shifting his bag further back on his shoulder so he could hold the pup with ease.