Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Kitsusagi Realms

PRP - Wing and Less strike again!

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
Trust them both? While Ute wasn't sure how to answer this, he knew Sun would answer for him. And he did! Sun nodded. "Yes, trust is a foundation of a pack. Live in a village, no. Close, maybe. We will set up a few gardens for our purposes. And move to them as the seasons change. It is a good way to live."

Trust huh? After a moment, Ute nodded to Lufia. "I do have a home...near the local village. It is a cottage, closer to the edge of town. I don't really use it...and it's mine, not my family's."

"A home?" Sun seemed confused, like this was the first he was hearing of this. But quickly accepted it. Perhaps in times of great coldness they could go there. When Lufia asked if they were hungry he hopped to his feet, maybe startling the poor girl. "Yes! I was chasing a meal when I saw you earlier. But, I did eat yesterday, and that was enough to hold over. I do not mind plants or meat, both are good. If you do not like meat, and you prefer plants, I will not bring you any gifts of that kind." He was glad he knew actually, because he absolutely would have otherwise.

W:200
TWC: 2288

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia smiled as they both were honest with her, or at least she hoped they were. A shake of the head when Sun offered gifts. "No . . . I . . . it's okay." She stated softly her voice a whisper usually when she did use it. Starting to walk past them only to pause and glance back . . . "I . . . well . . . you could eat at my place." She said softly. "If . . . you don't mind waiting for me to cook it. You can take some fruit from my garden or veggies in the mean time if you are to hungry to wait." She stated smiling even brighter when she found herself easier to talk. Yes, perhaps these two could be trusted. It took them fifteen minutes to half an hour walk to get to her small house. Her garden itself far bigger than it lined with all sorts of vegetables and fruits.

Opening the door she would wait for them to enter first. It may even be crowded in ways once all were inside, a single room built place with a small dining table and even only one seat. The girl seemed to panic a bit wondering what to do only to end up dragging the table next to her bed so two could use it as a seat and the seat near it, but would all the food fit? "I . . . well I could make us all soup if that's okay." She offered softly gently starting her small oven that ran with a wood fire. It was also what she probably used as a fireplace during the winter. "Is there . . . anything you prefer? Or maybe . . . dislike in it?"

WC: 299
TWC: 1791

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
H....home cooked food? Being offered just like hat. Sun gaped at her before nodding very enthusiastically. He hopped up onto his hind legs and did a dance, hopping around in a circle. Now the kitsu who saw this often thought this was a thing from his time, but no, this was just something he did. It might have been a bit much for the skidish angelic, but maybe she was a little more calm around them now. After that ordeal, the two followed Lufia to her house, both admiring her garden and house when they arrived. They both helped themselves to a fruit, as she had offered, before entering inside. It was a little crowded, but they didn't seem to mind. Sun helped the female to move the table, and Ute focused on staying out of their (because three people moving one thing was a bit much).

The two watched her go. Sun proclaimed, "Soup sounds wonderful, appreciation gracious host. Ute, does not like red acorns specifically."

The Kirin puffed his cheeks as his friend spoke for him, but then nodded. "Well Sun will eat anything you put in front of him. We haven't found something he doesn't like yet. Thank you for doing this...it is very kind." Strange that just a few moments ago she was so timid and scared. How odd. "How long have you lived out here Lufia?"

W: 231
TWC: 2519

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia smiled warmly at the news nodding. She would add no nuts to the soup just vegetables then to honor and respect her guest. Chopping up many forms she had home grown only to pause at his question of how long had she been out there. It seemed to have stumped her, or be perhaps something she wasn't sure how to answer. "As long as I can remember." She would answer after awhile before gasping. "Oh my! I am being so rude." She stated moving over to bow her head in shame. "I should offer you some tea if you like. I can make it out of many things. I have some dried fruits, or flowers, or even mint if you have a preference." She stated, such an easy push over it seems. Wanting to please with what she offered or perhaps fearing any mistake she might make. Backing up to pour some water into a kettle as she waited for their reply. If they wanted just water she would still need to boil it to make sure it was safe. Noting she might need to gather some more water before the night was up.

"If . . . if I can trust you . . . and . . . you do plan to live near the village. I might . . . well . . . if it . . . if it isn't to much to ask. Might have you do trades for me?" She finally asked the fear starting to fill her once more. They may think she was trying to use her, what if they yelled? Or worse decide to attack her? A wince not able to look back as she waited for an answer. Trembling all cutely as she set the kettle on the counter in fear of spilling the water other wise. Praying over and over to the lost gods that they wouldn't suddenly turn against her due to her request.

WC: 329
TWC: 2120

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
As she was chopping, Sun began to bounce in rhythm to the chopping. "Haha, I love leaf water!" He was STOKED. But she wasn't rude, just adding a plus. "You are fine. I think dried fruit sounds very interesting, I would like to try it if you have enough for yourself too." She seemed like she might give them all of it if she didn't. The very generous type this one.

Both the Kitsu focused their ears on Lufia as she began her trade proposal. She had clearly been working the courage to ask about something all night, and both were sort of surprised that it was about trade. They looked at each other, assessing what they even had to trade. After a brief moment, Ute replied in his rather calm voice. "I see no harm in it." She looked so nervous, he didn't understand why. Maybe she was nervous about coming close to the village, or someone had treated her badly before. "That kind of request, I think is a very normal thing to ask someone. We do not have a lot, mostly just furs, sometimes we collect rare leaves to use...It would be better to take your wares into town, for stalls."

"No she cannot do that." Sun interjected, looking quite serious. "She does not like the village. Ute you go with her and protect her then, from whatever it is that gives her the shakes." He nodded. Ute opened his mouth, not mad about the request, but more irritated that he was being TOLD to do something. But then he nodded. "Yes, if you want protection I guess I could go. I know you've just met us, so you may not be comfortable with it...so I understand if you don't want me to. " He couldn't imagine a creature in the woods simply accepting help on the first meeting, so he didn't want to make her feel like she had no choice.

WC: 325
TWC: 2844

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia nodded only to consider what would be best, deciding to make a lemon berry tea with a touch of ginseng. It was yummy but also very healthy and was said to help cure colds and the likes. Smiling softly when they spoke of making enough for her she would nod. "It will make many cups, I can reuse it a few times although it grows less strong each time." She stated that she was probably going to store some later. Placing it by the soup she would stir it some more before pausing and looking around. Ah how to serve it might be an issue.

"I . . . don't have many dishes." She confessed looking back at them only to shake her head when told to go with Ute. "I . . . I have trouble doing so. You could keep some of the profit. I . . . I have jams, and veggies, and fruits. I could even make more dried items for teas. We could at first trade them for jars, and supplies that we need . . . well like more dishes if you plan to visit more." She stated hoping she wasn't too forward. In fact when the tea was done she would have served them in those jars usually used for keeping jams in given them an apologetic smile. The soup in some of the larger ones. "I only have . . . a few plates." She explained as she gave them each a fork. "And . . . well . . . the desert won't fit in a jar as easily." They wouldn't be upset with her would they?

"But . . . like I said . . . I . . . I personally prefer not going at all." She stated a bit more timid despite having the nerve to sit by them after serving them all, her hands holding the tea as the warmth helped her calm some. "I know it is a risk . . . you could just take off with what I send you with to trade. But . . . if it means I don't have to go . . . I would take it at least once if I could manage."

WC: 377
TWC: 2497

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
Hearing that she didn't have any dishes did genuinely surprise Ute, but Sun nodded as if it made sense. It did, not having the supplies. perhaps he could carve her a basic bowl from stone. It would just take some time. He was seriously considering this when his lava based friend spoke up, "Well...I suppose I could take them to market for you. Perhaps, once or twice a month...I will come and take a cart for you. I do have one in my cottage if you do not have one....I'm sure you know that Sun will keep me honest."

Sun grinned and nodded.
They both tried the tea, and similarly their eyes widened. It was so good, and relaxing. The Kirin's shoulder's relaxed, while Sun flopped backwards onto the bed for a moment. So relaaaxed. He sat back up, greedily checking to see if it was cool enough to sip. "Is sad tea gets cold, otherwise Lufia you could sell tea. Is good." They both seemed pretty content. Instead of getting angry Sun laughed when the lady talked about stuffing their dessert into the jar. He would just take it with his hands and eat it that way. It had crust, it was fine.

The more they went on, the more he grinned. "We will not take off, do not worry. Although yes we could, but I will not." And that was that.

W: 232
TWC: 3076

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia smiled brightly at that even giggling some. "Oh it's easy, I could simply bag some of the mixture it made for you if you wished to take some on your travels." She explained happy they seemed to enjoy it. "And explain the amount needed per cup you plan to make. As I said it works many times just gets water down each, but it should be strong for the first few cups." Ah she was blushing so bright and flattered by their compliments. A hesitation and she got up to do just that, wrapping the bits in a piece of loose cloth she had. Moving to bring the lids to the soup jars she had given them. "Eat your fill, and then . . . if you wish. You can fill the jar and take it with you for later. I mean . . . what you're offering to do for me is more than I could ever dream of. I can stay safe . . . and well . . . I was happy here as I was but now . . . now I might be able to treat myself a little." She blushed even more looking down some embarrassed. "I also have a small apple pie, I saved the dishes I did have for it. If you don't mind sharing. It isn't much but it's easier to have stuff like this before the snow falls. Once it falls . . . I must live off what I saved and supplied."

WC: 254
TWC: 2751

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
"That's wonderful!!!" Sun raised both his arms again to clap them over his head. "Good. I am sure Ute will help to take care of you, he is far smarter than I am. And he knows of this thing. That is why he glows, because he is from the city." He grappled his friend, and got fought off. They weren't too rough tho, considering they were in someone else's home. On someone else's bed.

"...What do you like to treat yourself with?" It was Ute who asked. He couldn't imagine what a forest woman would enjoy. Was she more like other kitsu in some aspects? A light smile played on his lips, and he grappled his friend. "You have done plenty, let the rest feed you. We hunt, and forage." He knew he needed to say this, otherwise Sun would have definitely taken the extra jar without thinking.

It was interesting to watch Lufia's reaction to their...well, reaction. Ute watched how happy she was, and thought about it all. Well, they were doing a pretty simple thing. It would take up a couple days, and be some work, but besides that it really wasn't all that much. Well, anyways, time for food. He took his mask off, carefully guiding it off his horn. His faced matched his body.

The two men DID enjoy a couple mason jars of soup. They also drank their tea and were very hyped about the before winter pie. During the meal Sun kept telling tales from heros of the old world. And asked for stories of this one, or just stories in general.

W: 268
TWC: 3344

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia didn't eat much, she never really needed too. She usually ate more rawr items until winter then used what she dried for soups and such to keep her warm. When he asked what she would treat herself with she seemed to pause unsure, or perhaps embarrassed. "Let's not worry about that now. Supplies first, and then if they do well I can go for more. You can even keep a good percent of the profit, what would you consider to be fair for doing this for me?" She asked softly more than willing. The fact she grew all the items and the jars and such would be just to allow them to do more sales, well that and the clothes or tins, whatever they wish to sell the tea in. The profit should be great despite all the work she was doing in comparison.

At Sun's stories she seemed to go silent at times if they talked of fighting or hurting each other, even if it was good vs evil. Her eyes lowered, you could tell like a butterfly she didn't wish anyone to be harmed. Any sudden yelling would easily make her jump or shake a bit as well before she calmed again. After awhile she would speak of the beautiful flower groves near the city at times. Or the lovely fields. Then she would talk of nature and how if you thank it and respected it, it always tended to be fair and provided, at least to her.

If their talks last long she would even allow them to stay the night, although apologizing that they may have to sleep on the floor, and how crowded it was. Explaining she would need to fetch more water as well so it could be ready for tomorrow or any nightly needs. She would open up more about the obvious in ways, how loud or sudden noises startled her easily. How being what Ute liked to call a gem or shiny had it's flaws and downsides. Others may admire her, but it also brought jealousy and cruelty. Sometimes to the point of others trying to own her even.

WC: 359
TWC: 3110

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
At Lufia's hesitation of what she'd consider a treat, Ute couldn't help but to raise his eyebrows. It only made her a little bit suspicious, although really he knew it shouldn't be any of his business. Still, maybe he'd take a peak in her bag if she ever went to town with him. They'd have to see. Profit? He pursed his lips, thinking over it seriously.

Meanwhile Sun was a bit confused by this notion. Profit? Did she mean...extra unsold items? No. Extra...."What is profit?" He decided to just ask, nodding as Ute glanced over and quickly explained the notion. "Okay, then what is a percent?"

"Just eat your soup." His younger companion sighed, shaking his head. They could talk about it later, do a basic math lesson. "You know, I think anywhere from 5 to 10 percent would be more than fair. If it's a lot than we can take less, just enough to cover food costs...." If she even made that much the first or second time they traded. In truth he had gotten with Sun to get away from the life of trading...although he was a good financial adviser to be perfectly honest.

They both enjoyed hearing about the flowers. Sun agreed with thanking nature, although Ute was a bit skeptical. For Sun it was an obvious step in life, and it made a lot of sense. Their talks did go long, because Sun talked a lot. And as their hostess offered them a place to rest, Sun would reassure her that they could find a comfy grove outside to sleep in. And that they would be fine making camp underneath the stars. They had been doing that for quite a while now. As they got ready for bed and talked more about Lufia's gem side and downsides, Ute could begin to piece together what may have happened to make her not want to go into town. It was probably sad, and certainly none of his business. So he stayed quite.

On the other hand, Sun snorted very loudly and began commenting. Because of course he did. "Well, if anyone tries to keep you now we'll eat them." He glared as his younger companion tried to smack him for saying such blunt words. "Fine, not eat. But we will not be kind. Kind words and actions are for people we like. Otherwise we must use our teeth." He nodded as it was how it must be. "We do know of this though, the people of my time. It is when others do not like themself that they turn on others they like things of. It is best to wish them best, and to still be happy with what we have." Ute was surprised and rather impressed by this insight.

W: 462
TWC: 4806

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia couldn't help giggle at Ute when he was clueless about profit and percent. Her smile bright and lovely. Glancing surprised at how little he wanted to take. "No no." She protested softly shaken her head. "You would be going thru so much effort. I must insist at least 25%." She stated softly before glancing to Ute. "Profit is what is extra after you sell something and buy the supplies it took to make it so you can make it and sell again. Percent is how much to take from the over all. Like the pie we ate, If you took half of it, that is a percent in ways."

"Eat them?" Lufia would question once the chat had gone on and about perhaps more of her issues. A cute gasp leaving her when he spoke of violence and she would lower her head and shake it. "I wish no harm upon others, even them." She confessed of course feeling conflicted. "I . . . can not forgive myself if I bring harm to others." She confessed softly perhaps much like the butterfly in ways that her wings represented. Glancing up and smiling at Sun when his words seemed to reflect slightly how she felt. "Perhaps so, perhaps their pain is so great at times, they must share it with others to bear it."

At that she would glance up considering something. "Mr. Ute." She stated softly, wondering. "You asked me what I might want earlier. It has been so long I had never considered wants past my needs for the most part. But . . . if you could find. Perhaps some seeds. Different from the types in my garden for food. Maybe . . . some unique or pretty flower seeds? Although I am unsure how they will flow with the forest. So maybe just one really nice one and a pot I could care lovingly for it inside?"

A tilt of her head an sigh. "Of course, only after, if there are profits to be had, and we try buying new things to trade in. If . . . if you enjoy doing so for me that is. Some flowers you may wish teas made from and items as well. Just tell me anyway you may wish me to repay you and I will do my best."

WC: 391
TWC: 3,501

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
This chick. Ute smiled, but felt a little exasperated. In reality he was trying to sort of be nice to her in a less direct way. She was just some woman who had been scarred by society in the woods after all. And despite himself, some of his gentleman side was still in him. Although Sun was more of a true gentleman in the real sense. "Ah, well, lets see how much we should split it when we actually sell something then...." If nothing else he could pay for his food and dump the rest on her despite her protest. The reality was that he had enough on his own. Although it would be good to store up some things for the winter, mostly veggies and fruits.

At the question, Sun stood up to agree for Ute (again), "Yes of course! We will bring much of these plant's seeds and their holders, err, their pots. Make us a lot of tea in the future!!! We mostly drink from the rivers, like true males must to wake up before a hunt." He puffed out of his nose at this, and for a moment his eyes flashed back to a thousand years before then. Many Kitsu in early villages, the men gathering for the morning hunt along with some of the more ferocious women. Thrilling and terrifying. But then he blinked, and remembered where he was. "Ah, at least in both of these times, Kitsu help Kitsu. And we must have others to survive and grow."

"Umm, right Sun." Ute didn't really hold the same beliefs. But he respected the old man.

W: 270
TWC: 5076

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia gave a gentle laugh as Sun jumped in to agreed. "I don't need many!" She gave a cute protest only to glance over to Ute again a bit worried. After all, it was his choice too, and she was worried the more brash of the two may have been making it before the other had his chance to fully consider. "I . . . I could try to build an extra section to my house then. For the both of you as well." She stated blushing a bit wondering if she was getting to far ahead of herself. Never for once did she think she would ever need a guest room.

A look to Sun then Ute worried when he spoke out drinking out of the rivers. "Do tell me you boil the water first? It can be dangerous to drink it straight at times. Especially closer to the city. You also must take careful note of any plants that may be around or up stream from where you drink. There could be many unfortunate outcomes other wise." She would stand moving to look over her little supply of pots and pans before deciding on one that could fit on one of their heads. She figured this way if desperate of caring they could use it like a hat till needed. "Here . . ." She probably cooked her jams and soups before storing in it but decided she could just take more time and cook more often than a large quantity as long as it kept her new friends safe. "Please don't go getting sick."

WC: 112
TWC: 3,613

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
Okay, now, for some reason Ute felt a little embarrassed about this suggestion. His eyes flicked over to Sun, and then back to Lufia. Live with some chick in the woods? She was pretty and very nice, but it was a bit too much. They had just met. Would this girl really invite any two men that were sweet to her to live in her house suddenly? Granted they had done a lot of leg work to talk to her, and were offering a small business deal. But honestly woman. "I...."

Sun was grinning, and seemed ready to accept. But he felt Ute tug on his arm underneath the table and paused. His smile softened from it's intense joy look for a moment. He understood the young shy one was a bit overwhelmed. That was okay too. As tough as the young one tried to seem he could always rely on the old caveman kitsu. "We thank you for your generosity Lufia. Perhaps in the future we will, for now we will remain men of the woods till the winter. Then as the days grow short we will take Sun's hut by the village. Certainly we will help, but let us still have time to get to know you, and you us. Your kindness is certainly mighty, mightier than your dazzling beauty." Now his giant grin was back, even more sparkly and powerful than before. Ahh, she was worried! How sweet of her!

Now Ute stepped in, nodding and agreeing with her. "We boil our water, and make camp. My fire like nature seems to give me favor in starting sparks." Of course that was more of a family rumor, they were all pretty good at starting fires. For better or for worse. Now she was fussing over them like a mother. His eyes flicked down towards the table. His own mother didn't fuss like this, it was a strange feeling.

Sun was quite pleased with being fussed over. He happily accepted some of the food, insisting that they only needed some of it and that they were fine. They were both fairly adapt at surviving, WELL, he was. The kirin was still adapting, although he was a very fast learner! "AH, yes yes. Please be safe as well dear Lufia. If you have need for us call out, and if we are near and able then we will come running!"

Ute bowed his head. "Thank you for your kindness." And that was all he had to say. He'd be back when harvest was nearer to completion to take her things to town.

W: 433
TWC: 5509

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia blushed brightly before nodding slowly. She still planned to build an extra room for them, just in case. It didn't have to even be attached to hers, perhaps on the other side of the kitchen so when she used the fire to keep warm from it, it would go thru to the wall to them as well. It would be nice for them to have in case a trip ever wore them out.

A glance up and smile of relief at Ute when he spoke of boiling water. Slowly she nodded happy to hear that. "I have a water purifier as well for extra safety, made with a glass window pane. But that is more of a stay in one place item." She confessed with a weak laugh. "If you need any water before you go, I am sure I can spare some."

When told that she could call out and they would come running Lufia went bright red from ears to toes. "I could never do that!" She confessed all cutely squirming. "I am bothering you both far to much as it is with little to no way to repay you."

Glancing to Ute she would bow her head as well perhaps not sure the right reaction. "No no, the thanks falls all upon you. I feel . . . a bit spoiled to be honest." She confessed softly, never one to want much it seemed. She was happy with her nature home, and surviving in peace with the living beings that meant as much harm as she did, which was none at all in her eyes.

WC: 269
TWC: 3882

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
Sun nodded, grinning at the cleverness of the water purifier. He didn't understand why it would work, but he assumed there were reasons for it. He laughed at her blushing and shook his head. What a silly female, didn't she know it would be far worse if something happened and they didn't help? And when she was offering to build them things, feed them things. Perhaps she just wanted someone to take care of in these woods?

The older male from an ancient time recognized something, and his eyes twinkled. He walked forward and hugged Lufia tightly, patting her with fondness. It was probably far too of a bold movement, but he was just overwhelmed with happiness. "You are too much Lufia. You are very kind and sweet, but it is as we said we will protect you. And your repayment is food and kindness, you've already paid us today, and next time just do the same." he released her, and didn't seem to notice any possible embarrassment he'd caused.

Ay! Ute glared at Sun, thinking the older man was a bit too forward. It was part of his charm, but this woman was obviously more shy. Maybe she'd be okay? He looked at her, making sure she wasn't too upset. If she seemed so he'd move Sun a bit away with a gentle nudge and murmur an apology. He didn't think she was being spoiled either, but he didn't say anything about it. Instead he bowed his head. "We...appreciate your kindness. Now I think we should leave...before Sun hugs anyone again."

Sun puffed out his chest. "Do you not you love my hugs Ute?" He embraced his friend, causing Ute to fight him back a bit. It was play, but looked a bit like the two were trying to win in a wrestling match. Sun began to laugh happily, because of course he did.

WC: 315
TWC: 5824

Lessieal

Long-Term Resident
D
Lufia would let out a surprise eep when hugged. Tensing but not pulling away allowing the other to hug her unsure if it was right or not. Thankful when Ute came in and saved her almost tensing as if expecting him to follow the older male's example. A light smile and yet another nod of thanks. "Even if you don't come by again. It was nice meeting you." She stated gently, knowing they could be just whispering sweet nothings to her in ways.

A blink at the comment only to soften as they played fought some back and forth. It made her feel a touch better about the hug at least. It didn't mean anything extra special or the like which was always best and safe. "I'll try to work extra hard next time! So . . . I could offer you more perhaps!" She promised waving them off as they left.

wc 152
TWC: 4034

wingedhatchling

Station Visitor
D
Ahh, so she was unsure. That was understandable, after all Ute was not sure where they would end up during their exploitations. He himself could get lost, but Sun for some reason had a very good tracking instinct. He was trying to learn it himself. He bowed his head to Lufia, thanked her and then quietly went out of the door. He waited for Sun to follow, to make sure he didn't end up staying forever. Because of course Sun would and not realize how much he was impeding upon Lufia's generosity.

Sun nodded, grinning. "It was beyond a pleasure to meet you dear woman. Now, we shall take our leave as Ute is eager to be one of nature. But you are generous and kind, thank you! We will visit, you have made the mistake of feeding us after all. Haha. Be safe. We will call out to you if we see you again, as not to frighten you. Farewell!" He went to hug her again, but a hand grabbed his back and yanked him out the door. Ute shook his head, bowed and then dragged his friend away. As they got farther away, they both seemed to begin chatting, and then ran together as a pack through the forest. They would remember their new friend Lufia and her hospitality.

WC: 221
TWC: 6045