Discussions:

Latest posts

Group events

Pokémon Expeditions

[Expedition] Let's try this again [complete]

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"I can't believe it ended like that," Vi huffed, motioning wildly as she tramped through the woods of DarkSallow Valley, Tin Tin running behind her concerned as his trainer acted irrationally. "I wanted research, a chance to get something beautiful to be acknowledged and what I get is a pit trap." She fell down in a soggy pit of leaves and almost broke her ankle.

Okay, so it was more like a slight sprain but it had hurt! She was in an air cast, and she just wanted to capture a pokemon, something new. Like that little green poliwag? It had been adorable, and strange, and she needed to come up with something.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"You are distressing your torchic, either get your shit together, or put him in his ball so he doesn't have to deal with your shit," Kennedy state as she followed, judging the older woman slightly. Sunny huffed at her side, white coat shinning in the low gloom of the area.

She didn't understand what had caused that reaction. Yeah, the last one had went bad but sometimes these things happened. Kennedy had been on a lot of bad expeditions before in the wilds of johto, that one? That one was minor considering some of the shit she had seen and lived through. She shook her head, looking down at her eevee. "She's a mess, isn't she?"

"I can hear you!"

"You are meant toooo, now do as I say or deal with it," she called back. Kennedy wasn't going to take shit from a woman who wasn't watching where she was going after falling down a mud pit. If she fell down another it might be a bit hilarious.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Min: 1
Max: 15
Res: 11
The screen flashes and exciting music plays...
Current Word Count: 282
Total GEs Earned: 1
GEs Already Used: 0

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 3 1 2 1 2 5 14
11You can see something stuck on the branch of a tall tree. Roll DEX + INS to attempt to retrieve it.Special Item (Difficult)1
Both have six total
2 dex + 4 insight for Vi
4 dex +2 insight for kennedy

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"You are so rude," Vi muttered, not admiting that Kennedy had a point and recalled Tintin to his ball with a soft apology. The torchic had enough issues, he didn't need her adding to them. She sighed, brushing her hair back and yeah... she, she really didn't have her head straight right now. "Though, I guess it was warranted... don't look to much into that." She added.

Wait.

"Is that a potion up there?" She said, staring at the bottle balanced up in a tall tree. "Who do you think ended up there?" She questioned. "That is a good climb to get that far up there." More then she care to do. "Think you can... did you just throw a rock at it?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Yup," Kennedy heft up another rock, feeling the weight and tossing it up and down to get a good feel to how it would move. "You didn't think I was going to climb up there did you?" She narrowed her eyes, pulling her arm back and let go, sending the rock flying.

It flew and smacked loud against the branch, shaking it hard and knocking the potion down to the loam below. "There we go. Your welcome." She said.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Vi picked up the potion, checking it over for damage before putting it in her bag. "That was uncalled for.... but it was a rather good shot." She said grudgingly. Okay, so maybe she actually knew what she was doing.

"Anyhow, I'm hoping to find one of the pokemon that I saw earlier and did not manage to capture it. It is small, green, and might be aquatic. Perhaps we should check by the river?" She mused as they walked. "It might be a good spot."

"Might be. Certainly wouldn't hurt to check."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 10
Current Word Count: 577
Total GEs Earned: 2
GEs Already Used: 1
Free Potion obtained

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
10A patch of tasty oran berries hides uneaten in the shade of a thick tree. All pokémon can recover 2 VIT.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Sunny ears perked up and his small nose was lifted into the wind as he breathed deep and with a please VEE bolted into a the shade of one of the massive trees. He plucked a oran berry between his teeth chewing away.

"Sunny, really. You act like I don't feed you." Kennedy hurried after him and sat down on the roots. "It is a nice spot." She slipped a hand in her pockets, running her fingertips over the balls and pulled out her aron, letting him out. "Hey, would you like some berries? I know Sprout not going to be too interested."

The golden aron considered the plant for a bit before taking a bite, slowly chewing before deciding all was well with the world and eagerly munching on a few more.

"Yeah?" Kennedy said, watching them. "That good hmm?"

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"I guess I should apologize to Tin Tin.. he probably like some berries." Vi let the Pokemon loose. "Hey, you want some berries?" She questioned, looking at the small bird. The torchic tipped his head, considering before joining the other two, guzzling the berries as if they were going out of style.

"You are such a glutton."

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 3
Current Word Count: 775
Total GEs Earned: 3
GEs Already Used: 2

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d6 5 5 4 6 5 2 1 28
3A small inlet from the river seems almost too perfectly made... Success reveals ????. (Ask staff!)Unusual Terrain3
Ins + Clever
4+3= 7 for Vi roll

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
... signs of definite intentional tampering - it seems like this pool is some kind of aquatic pokémon's nesting ground.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Vi chuckled slightly at Tin tin's antics, covering her mouth as the bird fluffed up to get himself a bit more room. "You...." she paused, trailing off at the low quiet noise. A river? She stood up, walking slowly a bit away and parted the forage as she went till she came onto a stream and a small inlet. That... that wasn't right.

She knelt in the muck, ignoring the squishing mud between her fingers to get a better look at the shape and size of the inlet. There was tampering, a pushing of the soft silt and the building of domes and dips ... ooh

it was a nursery. For what she wasn't sure, nothing was in the area or had hidden well but it certainly was a nursery. That was a find to write down. She eagerly sat up, wiped mud from her hands and started to scribble down her observations.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
"You know, it is hard for me to help you out when you just take off like that," Kennedy scolded, walking over with the three pokemon and sighed. Yeah, She doubt Vi had heard her with how intent she was in that book.

Kennedy glanced around and shrugged not understanding the fuss. "So what you find?"

"A nursery."

"What?" Kennedy asked, suddenly alert. A nursery? Like a Pokemon nursery? Like something the adults were going to come back to protect sort of thing? "And you think it is smart to get that close to it?"

"Shushhh, need to concentrate." Vi muttered, waving her hand back. "Stand guard or something."

"Ooh my god," Kennedy groaned, but settled near by at ready and with Sunny and Aron out.

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Res: 8
Current Word Count: 1054
Total GEs Earned: 4
GEs Already Used: 3
potion, berries, terrian -

Shaddaling

Grizzled Veteran
D
Number Generated:
Max: 100
Res: 12
8Whoops! You've startled a nest of baby pokémon, and their parents aren't happy about it!Wild Battle3