Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[FIN] Cafe Greetings (Wisteria Wishes/Pastel Sunset)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

Wisteria Wishes was a fashionista through and through. While she wasn't a clothing designer herself, she loved trying new trends and styles. Cutesy punk styles, or outfits she saw popstars sporting always caught her eye. She would dream of being a famous trend setter and never left her house without at least another change of clothes. She'd grown up in Drizzletown, but moved on account of the constant rain. Her outfits weren't as cute when they were soaked through from the poor weather. So, she'd moved to Dream Valley. She'd settled in to the changing countryside, but made frequent trips into Everville, to check out their new styles or trends. Despite being one of the smaller towns, it was clear that Everville was becoming one of the trendier places to live - so many ponies had started their careers there!

In fact, she was there today! Dressed up in her usual garments - a bunny bracelet and her socks that had surprisingly good wear and tear, not to mention her bow and signature bandaid across her nose... Wisteria felt perfectly pastel! She'd just walked into a cafe and was scanning the menu. Should she bother with a pastry this late in the morning? Or maybe she could get by with a meal and call it brunch? Oh gosh, they had so many good options here! However would she pick? @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pastel Sunset stood behind the front end counter keeping herself busy with displaying christmas cookies that the cafe was featuring. She was wearing her typical attire, a light blue sweater with pins on one side of the sweater. It was a typical slightly baggy sweater but in a light pastel blue, and one of her ears had thre pierecings in it, a green x, a yellow flower and a pink star. Her long curly hair was tied back so they didn't get in her way as she moved about behind the counter. Her work apron was on top of her sweater. She may look a little scary on the outside, with her facial expression and her overall appearance but she was a really nice pony.

It took her a mintue before she noticed someone at the front looking at the menu, she finished off what she was doing and walked over to the register. She took a mintue to look over the customer, she seemed like she was new to the cafe and it looked like she was deciding what to get and was having a bit difficulty deciding. "Hello!, Welcome. Can I help you or get you anything?" she asked politely.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Wisteria had still been looking at the menu when she attracted the attention of one of the waitstaff. Looking down from the menu to the register, she took in the appearance of the other pony and immediately hurried over.

"You can definitely help me... where did you get all of those pins?" She asked, her eyes wide and sparkling. "They're so cute! Oh, and I love your piercings. I just got mine in a week ago, but I haven't been able to take these out, in case my ear seals back right away. I'm so excited to when I'll be able to wear cute ones like yours though!" She took pause and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, um, you probably meant if you could help me with food, not clothing. Sorry about that. I just get so excited when I see a pony with proper fashion sense. I know that some ponies don't bother wearing clothes at all - it's really quite tragic, if you ask me. Like, what a waste, you know? Whoops, I'm talking fashion again. Let's see, um... What would you recommend for a pony looking to get brunch? Ooh, and do you have any trendy drinks or exclusive seasonal treats?" She asked, the glimmer in her eye returning.

She glanced at her bunny bracelet - it doubled as a watch - to make sure that it wasn't late enough to call for lunch, rather than brunch. Nope, looked like she'd still make it within the brunch window. Lowering her hoof to rest on the ground, she looked at the waitress expectantly, eager to hear what the cafe had that morning. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pastel Sunset listened to her as spoke, there was a lot of questions in that response but she was pretty certain she got all of them. Before speaking up "okay, that is a lot of questions in one go but I think I can answer them all." She said before replying " Thank you and yes you are right about that, at most you can keep them in a week to make sure they don't get irriated or close up. I'm sure once they are ready you can go buy cute ones and switch into them." she answered and nodded her head "I was...asking if you did need help with deciding on what you want to eat, but I mean we can have another conversation about fashion when I'm off the clock." she answered with a smile. She would have had to agree she has seen ponies come into the cafe without clothes but to be honest it was each to their own.

"Well, in regards to what to have for brunch you could have a eggs benedict if you want a portion of each of the food groups with like toast and butter. As for what seasonal drinks we have we have like a peppermint hot Chocolate or a Peppermint latte or some eggnog." she said and moved over to the display case she was working on "We, also have christmas cookies, there is a snowman, candy cane or like a stocking or a bell" she said gesturing to each cookie in turn.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Once again, Wisteria's sheepish expression returned.
"Eh heh, sorry about that - all the questions I mean. I get a little, erm, excited." She apologized, before turning her attention fully onto the information that was being returned to her. She nodded in agreement to the remark about earrings and carefully ran her hoof over one of the piercings. She'd been doing careful work to ensure that it didn't get infected.

At the mention of being able to discuss more when the mare was off the clock, Wisteria positively beamed at the other pony.
"You'd do that for me?" She asked, before quickly following it up with. "Yes please! A million times yes! What time do you get off?"

Her attention once again was redirected to the food and she nodded at the mention of an eggs benedict. After hearing about all of the goodies and seasonal treats available, she reached over her shoulder, to where a small satchel rested neatly between her wings, hidden by her feathers.
"The eggs benedict sounds lovely. I'll take the peppermint hot cocoa too - could you add whipped cream to it? Aaand I'll take one snowpony cookie and one candy cane cookie, please." She requested with a polite smile, before she began to fish around in her satchel. Pulling out her bit purse, she looked up at the waitress. "How many bits do I owe you?" @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
She shook her head "That is quite alright, I don't mind the chatter. Its pretty quiet right now" she answered. "Besides, if you need any ideas on what piercings to get at that time just ask" she answered with a warm smile. She tilted her head to the side thoughtfully "In a couple hours" she replied, and was slightly confused as to how they got from just having a casual conversation to planning a outing. She shrugged a bit before nodding her head with a series of dings she keyed in her order into the register.

She repeated back her order "So..its an order of Eggs Benedict with peppermint Hot Cocoa with a snowpony and a candy cane cookie, Correct?" she asked the other. Once her entire order was keyed it the register gave her a total "That would be 15 bits please" she replied but was unsure she didn't want to overcharge the poor pony. Especially around the holidays.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Wisteria Wishes didn't hesitate a beat as she counted out 15 bits onto the counter. Her hoof grazed over the bits, wondering if she ought to be spending this much on food - instead of on new accessories. But she pulled her hoof away. She wanted to impress her cashier and she wasn't going to do that if she balked at the price of her meal. Besides, considering she was getting a meal, a drink and two cookies, she oughtn't balk too heavily.

I wouldn't want to appear cheap in front of such a charming mare. Wisteria thought and offered a friendly smile at the cashier.

"That should be all of it here. Fifteen bits... And, oh... Do you have a tip jar? Or shall I give you these directly?" She asked, fishing for three other coins from her purse with a smile. She was so focused on making sure this exchange went well. "Oh, did you need a name for the order?" She added, her gaze searching for a nametag that the cashier could be wearing. Would she be able to deduce the mare's name before they went out later that day. Her cheeks and ears tinged with red - she'd come in for coffee, but it looks like she'd walk off with a lunch date! What a twist of events! @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pastel waited for her to finish putiting the bits down, before she counted herself to make sure it was correct, its not that she didn't trust the pony it was just part of her job to make sure they both got the same amount. She nodded her head as she got the same amount that she put down. She pulled the bits towards her before punching in the total and the till's drawer popped out, she put the bits away. She smiled warmly at the other before pushing the tip jar towards the other "Just plop them in here, and it should be fine, wouldn't want my boss thinking I was taking money from them" she told the other before chuckling lightly.

She nodded her head once again "Mm..yes..I do...just so we know who to bring the order to" she told the other, the staff usually didn't bring the order to the customer, but today Pastel was going to make an exception. She was particularly interested in this mare so she was trying to keep as professional as she could with the other in front of her, her eyes sweeping over the other mare in the most subtle way possible. She leaned forward a bit towards the other "That..will be right along for you, darling" she said with a small but subtle playful wink.

She paused and watched a bit deducing the other was trying to figure out her name "I will..give you a hint...One part of my name is Pastel...you have to figure out the other half of it, you get it right then one of your cookies is on me" she said teasingly.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
When the tip jar was pushed towards her, Wisteria smiled and let the additional bits clink pleasantly into the jar.
"That may be, but I'm trying to thank you for the good service not your boss." She remarked casually. "I should hope that you get some of the tips, at least. Since your service thus far has been marvelous."

When it was revealed that the mare would in fact, need to know her name, Wisteria's smile widened a little.
"My name is Wisteria Wishes, but you can call me Wisteria." The wink that the other mare gave her was enough to send chills racing up her spine in a most pleasant way. Despite her best efforts to find a name tag without being too obvious, the mare seemed to guess where she was looking. Her ears becoming red with embarrassment, her expression soon turned intrigued. A guessing game? "Ooh, what a fun proposal. Let's see... Pastel..."

With a new sense of purpose, she stared more openly at the mare across the counter. She was certainly very pastel and pink... But pastel was already part of her name and pink would surely be to obvious. Wisteria's eyes moved to the mare's mane, tied up and falling down in cascading colors. Could her second name have something to do with her hair? Her eyebrows scrunched together in concentrated effort before she asked.

"Is your name.... Pastel...Sunrise?" She asked, gesturing to her own mane. "Because your mane and tail... well their colors look like the sun when it's coming up, you know? If-If that makes sense, heh..." She wasn't sure if she'd got it - and she'd already paid for the cookies anyway. The bits weren't really the point of concern here anymore, so much as getting to know her cute cashier. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Ah..that is very true and thank you very much" she said thinking about it thoughtfully, she didn't get very many tips because business was a little slow, but it didn't raise too much of a concern with her.

She glanced at the other attentively "Its is a pleasure to meet you Wisteria Wishes." she responded and took a moment to look the mare over "a very fitting name for you" she said as she waited for Wisteria to figure out her name. It was quite adorable to see her efforts in figuring out her name. She was also grateful that her shift was almost over so she could focus her attention on the other mare 100%.

She shook head "Mm...nope... she said tilting her head to the side a bit "Try again. Its the opposite of Sunrise" she told the other, she was pretty sure that hint gave it away completely. While she waited for her to guess again a thought occurred her that she forgot to retrive her cookies. She moved over to the display case she was working on earlier and retrieved Wisteria's cookies and put them in a bag before walking back to the register and returning her gaze to the other mare.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Wisteria was practically beaming - the opposite of a sunrise? She knew the answer for sure now!
"Then your name must be Pastel Sunset!" She declared. "My, what a pretty name. Befitting a pretty pony, too." She reached out her hoof towards the cookie bag she spotted Pastel holding. "You don't have to worry about paying me back - you pretty much had to give me the answer hehe. Besides, a chance to talk with you after your shift is over is more than enough." She glanced over her shoulder, looking over the tables and chairs of the cafe.

"I'll be waiting over there in that corner table by the window." She said, gesturing with her free hoof, before turning her gaze back to Pastel Sunset. "I'm looking forward to the food - and to the company, of course." She said, offering her own wink. Was this how flirting worked? She certainly hoped so... and she hoped that whatever it was, that Pastel Sunset liked it. "Meet you over there?" She asked, lowering her hooves to the ground and backing up to head over to the table. What a curious and fun opportunity this chance meeting was turning out to be! @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pastel Sunset looked at the other "That is correct, though I practicaly gave you the answer" she said before handing the other the bag that had her cookies in it, her hoof lightly touching Wisteria as she handed it to her. "I'm almost done my shift so i can dedicate all my attention to you" she told the other.

She nodded her head lightly as Wisteria gestured where she was going to sit "I will bring that food right over to you shortly" she said before watching the other mare head over to the table she pointed out. She returned to her shift, giving subtle glances to Wisteria in the corner table by the window. She looked towards the clock, it was almost her clock out time and she couldn't wait to commit her attention fully to Wisteria, she sighed softly. Then the kitchen staff hit the bell that signified that the food was ready, she turned and grabbed the food nodding a polite thank you to the chef, before she moved out from behind the counter to give Wisteria her food.

In a few mintues she picked up her tray that held the food before walking over to where Wisteria was sitting. "Sorry for making you wait Wis, here is your food I bet you are hungry" she said before taking her food off the tray she was carrying and setting it down on the table in front of her. "Your peppermint Hot Cocoa, will be right along" she said.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Wisteria smiled sheepishly and had nodded her agreement when Pastel Sunset mentioned that she'd practically given her the name. Her cheeks became pleasantly pink at the thought of this beautiful mare giving all of her attention to her.

She let her hoof linger a little where the mare had grazed it over with her own, only to at last withdraw and with a smile and a little nod, she headed over to the table she'd indicated. Moving to sit on one of the chairs, she placed the bag of cookies on the table and draped her saddlebags over the back of the chair. Twisting around to retrieve a small compact mirror and a tube of lip gloss from her bag, she opened the mirror and eyed her appearance, touching up her lip gloss - a light pink shade. Putting her lip gloss back in her bag, she adjusted the bow in her hair and smoothed down her bangs. She touched the bandaid across her nose delicately and then smiled. She closed her compact mirror and was just tucking that away in her bag when her food arrived.

Her ears perked up at the mention of a nickname and she giggled a little.
"Why, thank you Pastel." She replied easily. "I was feeling a little peckish - this is just what I needed." She said, moving the bag of cookies to the side of the table so that there would be more room for the plate her waitress was setting down. "Thank you, I'll look forward to the cocoa, too, whenever it arrives." She glanced down at her wrist, eyeing the bunny shaped watch and then back at the mare in front of her. "I believe I ordered some company too... do you know how long it'll be until that special treat might be ready for me?" She asked playfully. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Your very welcome" she said before chuckling lightly at Wisteria's response "Don't worry..my dear...once I grab your hot cocoa. I'm all yours" she said giving a wink before moving back to behind the counter to whip up Wisteria's Peppermint Hot Cocoa. At least once the hot cocoa was done she would be off the clock and she would just bring it to the other mare herself.

She hummed to herself as she went about making Wisteria's Peppermint Hot Cocoa, she mixed all the ingredients together and put them in a to go cup with a sleeve and put it on the side. She then cleaned up the equipment and set it down on the counter to dry off. She took off her apron and hung it up and She picked up the peppermint hot Cocoa in the to go cup and sweeped out from behind the counter waving bye to her co-workers. Once she had left the counter she started to make her way over to where Wisteria was.

As she made her way over to Wisteria she reached back with her free hoof and pulled out her hair shaking it out a bit before reaching Wisteria's table "Your..Peppermint hot Cocoa Wis" she said before sitting down across from her and handing it to her.
@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Wisteria wasn't used to all the attention from one pony - especially from a near stranger. Sure, she got compliments on her fashion sense and she had other friends, but this... she noted the way her heart beat faster whenever the mare winked at her or smiled in her direction.

"I look forward to your return with great anticipation." She admitted with a smile. Pastel had called Wisteria, her dear. Oh Dreamer, that had to be a flirty phrase and not just a piece of friendly banter, right? Wisteria wasn't just imagining the vibes coming off of the other mare, was she? Please let this be mutual... whatever this is. She thought, watching as Pastel Sunset returned back behind the counter. Turning her attention to the eggs benedict in front of her, she picked up a fork and knife and carefully cut into the meal. Taking care to cut it into small pieces and making sure the sauce wouldn't mess up the lip gloss she'd applied earlier, eating turned into a slower process. As a result, she was only half way through when Pastel Sunset had arrived again.

Swallowing the bite in her mouth, she turned to look at the mare, her eyes fixing on Pastel's mane as it was taken out of its ponytail and went cascading to the ground.

"Oh my... Your mane is beautiful... Though I imagine it must be something to handle in the mornings." Wisteria recovered from gaping, closing her mouth with a smile. "I used to wear my mane long, before I grew too tired of the maintenance that came with it. Now it's about chest length when it isn't tied up in its usual buns." She explained, gesturing to her chest to where her mane tended to fall when she had it loose. "Your mane and tail is truly a sight to behold - does it curl naturally?" She asked and then cut herself another bite of her meal, not wanting it to get cold while she spoke - it really was quite tasty!

"Oh! And you were going to tell me where you got those pins! If you like anything of mine, I'm happy to tell you all about the places I visit, but really I'm most interested in your accessories - I've never seen anything so cute before! Your outfit really stands out to me - though that could be just because you're wearing it, hehe." @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pastel Sunset blinked as the other complimented on her mane "Oh..um..thanks. It can be a hassle to style in the mornings which is why I decided not to bother anymore, because it took up a lot of my time, so...I just decided to keep it down. The only time its ever up is when I'm working here" she answered. She slid into the empty chair across from the other "I believe it does curl naturally" she told the other. She had mixed up her own drink to give her some type of energy boost, after working all day. But, also she didn't want Wisteria to feel awkward being the only one that was eating.

"Ah...yes I was. It was actually at a quaint little store a couple blocks from here" she said, she could also go for a massage, she was tired but she wasn't trying her best not to show it. "Well, most of my acessories and clothing come from the same store" she answered. "ah...thank you" she said as she complimented her outfit.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Wisteria Wishes nodded her understanding when Pastel Sunset spoke about her mane.
"Oh honey, I totally understand. I used to wear my mane long, like yours, but it kept dragging everywhere and tangling it. Plus, like you said, styling that much hair? It's totally crazy! It would take me hours!" She shook her head and then fluffed out her mane with a free hoof. "So, I decided I'd just go ahead and cut it short! Well, not too short. It's longer in the back, but I usually manage to style it faster now that it's mostly shorter." She smiled at the mare across the table from her.

"I'm happy to give you some tips on speedy styles - if you ever want to get into that sort of thing. Ooh, you know what might be neat with your long locks is one long braid. You would be able to keep your mane neat when you're working too, or you could just do it up in a braided bun... Sorry! I'm sure you know exactly how you like doing your mane yourself, whether that's just leaving it down, like you mentioned... Still... With a mane as pretty as yours, it just makes me wanna play with it, you know? Don't worry, I won't actually do anything unless you give your say so." She added. Finally taking the space to breath after she rambled on, she took the time to eat while she listened to Pastel speak about the store she went to for her accessories. She perked her ears with interest when she mentioned that it was only a few blocks away. "Ooh, maybe I'll go check it out today." She grinned. "Though I'm a little new to this side of town. Maybe... Maybe you could show me the way, and to say thanks, I could buy you something from this store you like so much? It doesn't have to be today, I suppose, but since we're both here... and it's not supposedly not far..." She raised her eyebrows in what she hoped was an enticing manner as she smiled at the mare. "Whaddya say? Care to step out with me after we're done eating, for a little shopping?" @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pastel Sunset nodded her head "Even though its super long I enjoy styling it, I can use many different long hair styles. So My look gets switched up every once in awhile" she explained though washing it was more a hassle then styling it to be honest. She dreaded washing it more than styling it. She shook her head to get the thoughts out of her mind before she looked at Wisteria.

She smiled warmly at Wisteria "That would be much appreciated, I just hope I can style them exactly the same as you, my hair styling skills aren't really up to par so I suppose it would allow me to perfect my hair styling skills" she said thinking about before shrugging a bit. "If anything I could use the assistance in styling my hair especially when it comes to the hard to reach places of my hair that I have to like bend in the most awkward positions ever to get to them" she siad to her. She beamed at the other mare lightly before looking at her with a playful gaze "Wisteria...is that a date?" she asked peering at the other mare with her pink eyes.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Wisteria Wishes was more than content to listen to Pastel Sunset as she spoke about her hair and going through the routine of styling it and switching it up. She nodded and ate, occasionally sipping on her drink. She loved hearing Pastel talk, she realized. She wanted to carry on speaking with the mare as long as was justifiable. And maybe even a little longer after that.

"Well, I look forward to seeing all the different styles you come up with. I'm sure you'll look fabulous with whatever you try." She put in with a broad smile. When Pastel went on to talk about how she would actually quite appreciate the help in styling her mane, Wisteria beamed at the other mare, excitement clear in her gaze. "Oh, that would be so much fun! We could make a whole day of it - and hey, I'd be more than happy to teach you any tips you might need. You say you're not very good at it now, but practice makes perfect, so I'm sure you'll be a champion mane stylist in no time at all." She informed the other mare, only to quiet a little at Pastel's next question.

With a coy smile, she raised a hoof to her chin and tapped at it thoughtfully.
"Hmm, you know, I hadn't thought of that." The playful smile tugging at her lips implied otherwise. "While it's true that we only met today, it's also true that I feel a sort of connection between us. If you wanted it to be a date, I certainly wouldn't be opposed." She said and looked over to Pastel Sunset with a sparkle in her gaze. "Whaddya say, Pastel, care to go on a date after lunch?" She proposed. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Pastel Sunset blinked and looked down a little embarrased "Ah...I apologize I tend to ramble as well...especially when I'm like nervous about something" she told the other. She wasn't entirely sure why but something about spending time with Wisteria Wishes brought up feelings she never thought she would experience with anypony. She flushed a little "ah...but...enough about me, what else would you like me to know about you?" she asked the other mare.

She flushed a little "well, lets hope so" she answered before tilting her head to the side thoughtfully."I look forward to that" she said with a smile. She really didn't have an interest in being the champ with anything she was pretty okay with just being okay at it. She glanced at Wisteria Wishes "Well, I mean it doesn't have to do be a date it can be just a social outing if you prefer" she explained. She looked at Wisteria Wishes "Why..I thought you would never ask," she said to her.

@belloblossom