Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[ LostClan Leader's Den ]

Tigeria

Veteran
D

Poking your head into the rabbit down lined den you come face to face with a very grumpy cat.
Her head is tilted towards you, however, the milky pupil stares out at you lined with three talon scars.

"To what do I owe this disturbance? Speak up even a kit is louder."
Welcome to The Leader's Den, where information about LostClan is stored. The warrior code, basic clan notations, and joining/name earning/mentoring forms will take place here. All forms will receive a quoted response and should not be deemed accepted or rejected until a response is received. Approvals and rejections will be based on what the leader feels is right.

Questions and concerns can be DM'd to Tigeria on Basilisk Stew, or through the Cats of the Sun Discord. Other clans may use similar formatting for theirs if they wish and do not need to ask for permission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{ notable quick info }

LostClan has an open door policy, you need not be a complete member of LostClan to visit the family.
LostClan is accepting new members!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{ quick links }

[ LostClan's Setting ]
[ LostClan's Residents ]

Last edited:

Tigeria

Veteran
D

• Defend your clan, even at the cost of your life.
  • Hunt only to feed the clan, for without prey there are no hunters.
  • The clan eats together to ensure every cat is fed. The ill may eat within their sick dens.
  • Hold the elders, queens, and kits in high regard, for without them there is no clan.
  • Kits, Elders, and those that are Ill must be treated with care and helped without question.
  • At six moons old, kits become paws and must work hard to earn their clan name. Only then, once they've proven themselves, do they bear the rank of warrior.
  • Any cat who asks for help deserves the aid of the clan.
  • Bloodlines and physical challenges do not make the cat, any cat is able to follow their dreams, there are no obstacles that can't beaten with the clan as a whole.
  • Tales of history and family lineages need to be heard and learned from, for without the past there is no future.
  • Blood does not need to be spilled when words can fix the problem.
  • An honorable warrior does not need to kill to win their battles.
  • The leader will take on the title of Lostsun upon their ceremony.
  • The word of the leader is code

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lostclan might be lost to most of the ways of the mountain, but they are fiercely protective of those within it's borders. This clan is highly motivated to remain in the shadows as if the prey can not see you neither can a predator. This take pride in family lineages and are known historians or rather storytellers. They spend time letting Elders speak of their lives and pass on legends of noble cats of old or share the story of how Sunclan was lost to them. All cats know rudimentary medicine practices.
They also spend time telling others the stories of the known history of the clans and lineages of individual cats as without knowing the history, they are doomed to repeat it.

Lostclan starts it's day a little different from the previous tradition of the Mountains they hail from. Their day starts the minute bird's call before the sun is set to rise. They spend this time in the form of taking care of the elders, kits or ill. Once this is completed they meet at the Warbler's Call to listen to the elders and warriors tell their stories they wish to share with the clan. They then head out on an early dawn patrol, with two more patrols following after at Mid Day and Dusk, before bedding down for the night. Hunting parties consist of at minimum three fully trained warriors to keep each others backs safe, Mentors will train their apprentices in both the ways of a traditional clan warrior and those of a Tale Spinner.

Should this clan need a hard decision made the current Lostsun will hold a full family discussion to come to a full consensus of what needs to be done and how to compromise between all voices.
There are exceptions to this, should the decision be needed immediately, it falls to the paws of the current Lostsun to make a choice that will benefit both the clan and the cats within it.

Lostclan believes and knows of the existence of Sunclan, however, they believe Sunclan has unintentionally lost sight of them. They seek a path that will lead them back into the gentle light of Sunclan.

Lostclan is not violent normally, however, should their family or clan member be in danger they will do anything to get rid of the danger. They can be persuaded to let minor infractions go, but the more dangerous the issue is the less they will likely be to listen. Their preferred way of dealing with threats is with primitive traps that don't kill, but do cause frustration for the cats that fall prey to it.

All disabled or exiled cats have a home with this clan. Disabilities only mean an extra challenge to do what a cat wishes. No cat is turned away because of an illness, or perceived disadvantage. This clan will allow any cat, Loners and Kittypets among their ranks if they show loyalty to the family. Lost kits are immediately taken in and sheltered while patrols are sent out to find missing the mother or other kits in the area.

Last edited:

Tigeria

Veteran
D
The following forms will need to be filled out in order to play as a LostClan cat.
  • Joining - When a Loner, Kittypet, or Warrior from another clan is looking to join LostClan, you must post their application here. Lostsun will reply to your application with approval or denial in character.​
  • Naming Ceremony - While Lostclan will never force a name change, as history is important to them, sometimes a name doesn't fit. An apprentice to a warrior, a loner to a clan member, this form is for renaming your cat to better fit themselves. Lostsun will reply to officialize the new name.​
  • Mentoring - Please use this form to add your official record of mentoring to your cat. Either the Mentor or Mentee may post this, but it must include a link to a roleplay between the two as they undergo their training together. Please note that you can do this even after your Apprentice has grown to their Warrior Stage.​
  • Leaving - If your cat wishes to leave the clan, post this form here so that the roster can be updated.​
  • Seeking Shelter - If your cat isn't interested in fully joining the clan, but wishes to rp here please use this form for temporary acceptance to the family.​
  • Death - While this isn't the place to collect your cat's stored DP, please try and post here when your cat moves on to SunClan so that the roster can be updated.​

Request to Join
Code:
[B][COLOR=rgb(190, 157, 251)][SIZE=5][Cat name here] has a tale for Lostsun[/SIZE][/COLOR]
username: [/B]your username here
[B]cat: [/B]please link to your cat's cert
[B]reason for joining: [/B] please roleplay your cat approaching Sunseer with their request to join. Based on what you write here, Sunseer will reply with their approval or denial, or maybe even a request.

Naming Ceremony
Code:
[B][COLOR=rgb(190, 157, 251)][SIZE=5]Names of Past to Names of Future[/SIZE][/COLOR]
username:[/B] your username here
[B]cat:[/B] please link to your cat's cert
[B]previous name:[/b] name your cat currently has.
[b]new name[/b] name your cat whishes to be named.
[b]reason for change[/B] why is your cat's name changing? is this an apprentice becoming a warrior? or a cat earning a new name for some feat? why this name in particular? Lostsun will respond to this post with a personalized ceremony just for your cat!
[B]Who has witnessed the story:[/b] must be an already established warrior
[B]The story behind the new name:[/b] either a link to an rp in the Sun Tree location for multiple users involved or just a tiny 2 to 3 sentence here if both are owned by one user.

Mentor Assignment
Code:
[B][COLOR=rgb(190, 157, 251)][SIZE=5]It Is Time For You To Be Apprenticed...[/SIZE][/COLOR]
apprentice[/B] please link to the apprentice's cert here
[B]mentor[/B] please link to the mentor's cert here
[B]roleplay (optional)[/B] in order for this to count towards your DP reward, you must complete a roleplay between the apprentice and their mentor with the focus being their training, if wishing to just make an announcement of mentorship just N/A this bit.

Leaving the Clan
Code:
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(190, 157, 251)]Adventure and Traveling Awaits[/COLOR][/SIZE]
username [/B]your username here
[B]cat [/B]please link to your cat's cert
[B]why are they leaving? [/B]you do not need approval for leaving

Seeking Shelter
Code:
[B][COLOR=rgb(190, 157, 251)][SIZE=5][Cat Name here] Seeks to Enter the Pine Forest[/SIZE][/COLOR]
username:[/b] Your username
[b]cat:[/b] please link your cats cert.
[b]reason for entry:[/b] Small mention of why your cat wants temporary access to the clan.

Death Form
Code:
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)]May the Sunlight Guide [Cat name here] Home.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
username:[/B] your username here
[B]cat[/B] please link to your cat's cert
[B]how did they die?[/B] tell us the story of the final chapter of your cat's life. how will they be remembered?

Last edited:

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
[Cat name here] has a tale for Lostsun
username:
PeterPan_da144
cat: Sequoia
reason for joining: Sequoia had been traveling for a while, and with the new influx of cats to the area, she'd heard a lot of stories. Most of them seemed rather welcoming of the cats who lived there before them, but many had been apprehensive about her joining them. The she-cat longed for a family again, but her scarred and missing hind leg made many uncertain. However, she'd been told of one clan in particular who didn't turn others away based on such matters. So, she sought them out, narrowly avoiding a trap or two that had been placed just on the inside edge of their territory. She waited and waited, hoping for someone to come closer.

Finally, her wishes were answered.

Sequoia was taken into the camp, wide eyed and bushy tailed with excitement. She was to plead her case in front of the leader before any action could be taken, but when she saw the leader... She nearly lost her cool.

"You're so beautiful!" she squeaked out, before ducking her head sheepishly as she shuffled in place, ears laying back. Many of the other cats stared at her curiously, though kept their mouths shut.

"My name is Sequoia," she would say softly when prompted to speak. "I've been on my own for a long time now, but I don't want to be any more. I lost my family to Twolegs and traps, and even lost my leg to one," she paused, stretching the stump forward as far as she could. "I've heard that cats like me are accepted here... And I want to be part of a family again."

The she-cat looked up at the leader again, more determination in her voice and gaze now. "I'll do whatever it takes to prove to you that I can hold my own, and be a part of this family." Her tail lashed behind her definitively.

@Tigeria

Tigeria

Veteran
D
[Cat name here] has a tale for Lostsun
username:
PeterPan_da144
cat: Sequoia
reason for joining: Sequoia had been traveling for a while, and with the new influx of cats to the area, she'd heard a lot of stories. Most of them seemed rather welcoming of the cats who lived there before them, but many had been apprehensive about her joining them. The she-cat longed for a family again, but her scarred and missing hind leg made many uncertain. However, she'd been told of one clan in particular who didn't turn others away based on such matters. So, she sought them out, narrowly avoiding a trap or two that had been placed just on the inside edge of their territory. She waited and waited, hoping for someone to come closer.

Finally, her wishes were answered.

Sequoia was taken into the camp, wide eyed and bushy tailed with excitement. She was to plead her case in front of the leader before any action could be taken, but when she saw the leader... She nearly lost her cool.

"You're so beautiful!" she squeaked out, before ducking her head sheepishly as she shuffled in place, ears laying back. Many of the other cats stared at her curiously, though kept their mouths shut.

"My name is Sequoia," she would say softly when prompted to speak. "I've been on my own for a long time now, but I don't want to be any more. I lost my family to Twolegs and traps, and even lost my leg to one," she paused, stretching the stump forward as far as she could. "I've heard that cats like me are accepted here... And I want to be part of a family again."

The she-cat looked up at the leader again, more determination in her voice and gaze now. "I'll do whatever it takes to prove to you that I can hold my own, and be a part of this family." Her tail lashed behind her definitively.

@Tigeria
Lostsun had heard of a strange cat wandering through their territory in the forest. She had sat on the warblers call stump watching as her warriors lead a what she believed to be a hurt and limping cat towards the center of their home, possibly leading the cat to the medicine den. She had nodded to the rest of her clan and returned to her den thinking all was done.

When a cat announced that the cat wished to speak with her she was slightly taken back, but moved towards the opening of her den. The she cat as she now saw, called her beautiful, Lostsun wasn't sure how to respond, but motioned for the she cat to continue.

Lostsun listened and watched as Sequoia told their story, the cats body telling more than the words coming from her mouth. This could be a very strong warrior, Lostsun thought to herself. She heard small murmurs in the gathering around her den.

I will not lie to you, the path of a clan cat is hard. She paused for a moment and corrected herself in front of everycat because this was important. No, I was wrong, the path of a warrior for you will be challenging. You will face more difficulties because of your leg, but you are right we do not turn those with challenges away. I would be a fool, like those who once thought I couldn't be a warrior with only one eye if i did not offer the chance I was given to you as well. I welcome you to LostClan, Sequoia may the sun guide your path to glory.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Names of Past to Names of Future
username:
belloblossom
cat: Here
previous name: Honeypaw
new name Honeytooth
reason for change It's time for Honeypaw's warrior ceremony! This name in particular was chosen as a joint effort between Honeypaw and their mentor, Salmonstripe. Honeypaw wanted something fierce sounding, to scare away any of LostClan's enemies! Yet her mentor (and mother) Salmonstripe suggested Honeytooth, because of the sweet tooth implications. Thus, Honeytooth was agreed upon and put before Lostsun for her final approval.
Who has witnessed the story: Salmonstripe, her mentor and mother.
The story behind the new name: Honeypaw was always a fierce apprentice, determined to prove herself an intelligent fighter. She often believed in the "fight smarter, not harder" lesson that her mentor taught her earlier on. Even with her battle-happy attitude during training, when it came to her family and her clanmates, Salmonstripe was there to see for herself how sweet her daughter was, and what a kind cat she was growing up to be. Honeytooth seemed the most appropriate, between the ferocious suffix, but the sweet-tooth implications. @Tigeria

Tigeria

Veteran
D
Doing both for Honeypaw to save some time.
It Is Time For You To Be Apprenticed...
apprentice
Honeypaw
mentor Salmonstripe
roleplay (optional) n/a
Lostsun from atop Warbler's Call nods, as apprentice and mentor touch noses, she calls out to the clan. " Let us rejoice as a kit starts their new path as apprentice."

username:
belloblossom
previous name: Honeypaw
new name Honeytooth
reason for change It's time for Honeypaw's warrior ceremony! This name in particular was chosen as a joint effort between Honeypaw and their mentor, Salmonstripe. Honeypaw wanted something fierce sounding, to scare away any of LostClan's enemies! Yet her mentor (and mother) Salmonstripe suggested Honeytooth, because of the sweet tooth implications. Thus, Honeytooth was agreed upon and put before Lostsun for her final approval.
Who has witnessed the story: Salmonstripe, her mentor and mother.
The story behind the new name: Honeypaw was always a fierce apprentice, determined to prove herself an intelligent fighter. She often believed in the "fight smarter, not harder" lesson that her mentor taught her earlier on. Even with her battle-happy attitude during training, when it came to her family and her clanmates, Salmonstripe was there to see for herself how sweet her daughter was, and what a kind cat she was growing up to be. Honeytooth seemed the most appropriate, between the ferocious suffix, but the sweet-tooth implications. @Tigeria
Lostsun listens as the apprentice wishes to fully walk the path of a warrior, why they have proven their worth for a new name and position within the clan. A small change for the clan, but a major change for the cat bearing the new name and title.

Lostsun climbs the stone wall to stand on top of the old stump.

"Let all cats old enough to hear and speak tales gather to hear this tale."

As the apprentice tells her tale, Lostsun looks to her mentor to confirm the details.

"Sunclan above to clan cats below, we have heard the tale from this apprentice. The skies have remained clear, the cats have remained strong. From this day forward this apprentice shall be named Honeytooth. May the sun guide their path to glory."

DragonGirl1031

Resident
D
Treebark has a tale for Lostsun
username:
magnadearel
cat: no cert yet uncert
reason for joining: "Well if you want a new member...." The bobtailed queen gave an irritated sniff, as she ran her eyes up and down the cream coat of the queen in front of her. "I assume you're Lostsun and the one I have to talk to about joining. If you didn't want to be bothered with that then you should have picked someone else."

"I'm Treebark. But if you don't want me then I'll go."

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Sky has a tale for Lostsun
username:
PeterPan_da144
cat: Sky
reason for joining: Lured in by the siren's call of a beautiful gray she-cat, Sky has found herself yearning to join LostClan. The thought of all the cats who suddenly came to the forest was quite overwhelming, especially when they started making their own little groups. Before that, it was maybe a pawful of cats here and there. Now, they were in large numbers, watching each others backs and marking out territories. It would be tough to be alone, so she was glad she'd found a cat she could pine for and possibly even join. Sky is better in the trees and bushes than on the ground or in the water, and has become adept at springing traps for prey, or running them into corners they can't back out of.

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
[Jolene] has a tale for Lostsun
username:
belloblossom
cat: Jolene
reason for joining: Jolene, too, has come from a troubled past. She was fated to be perfect, but when she broke the mold hoping to escape her so-claimed destiny, she was burdened with more responsibilities than she could handle. Fleeing her life as she knew it, she came under the care of a loner family for a time and has learned slowly to open her heart to the warmth of others. Now, she seeks her own way forward, in a meaningful way that she can control with her own thoughts and claws. LostClan, despite the name, is where Jolene feels the most seen, the most found. She doesn't know what her future will hold now that she's joining a Clan, but one thing has occurred that she didn't believe would occur again: she is hopeful.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
username:
belloblossom
previous name: Thymepaw
new name Thymeswirl
reason for change An apprentice grows into a warrior.
Who has witnessed the story: Honeytooth
The story behind the new name: Thymepaw had been so relieved when he and his mentor, Aspenswirl, had fought back and won against the badger that invaded their territory. He had been so full of admiration for his golden-furred mentor, who looked much like a powerful lion facing off his enemy, that he hadn't even considered that the wounds that Aspenswirl sustained from the battle would lead to his mentor's death a few days later. Honeytooth, Aspenswirl's daughter, had stepped up to complete Thymepaw's training after his own wounds had healed and eventually gave him his final assessment, which Thymepaw had passed. Thymepaw then expressed to Honeytooth and again to Lostsun, when it came to it, that he wished to take on his mentor's name, in part and go by Thymeswirl to remember his mentor who had fought so valiantly for him and died to protect his apprentice, and their Clan.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
[Memory] has a tale for Lostsun
username:
belloblossom
cat: Memory
reason for joining: "I...um... I have a family, already, but I don't they'll be joining. They're kind, wonderful cats, but I think it's time for me to stretch out on my own. I'd like to do that here... you all seem nice, and the shadows of the pines are comforting." Memory purred. "I get distracted, sometimes, my head floats away into the clouds, my mother used to say, but I can hunt. I haven't fought before, but I'm willing to learn. I want to find my place, and I... I think that might be here, if you'll have me." She finished demurely. @Tigeria

Last edited: