Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
I want to join!

Username: DragonGirl1031
Cat Cert: Stormsong
Why?: Stormsong left with rest of the Clan in the beginning. He didn't realize his sister, Silverstreak, had decided to stay. Once he saw his clan settled as StoneClan, the regret of leaving her became too strong and he returned back along the trail to return to his family.
It had truthfully surprised Tigersun at the time when Stormsong left the clan and his sister behind. When the votes had begun he had assumed the two would remain together, as they always had, but he refrained from any judgment when Stormsong chose another path. Trying times called for difficult choices, and Tigersun knew all too well how staying within MountainClan seemed like a death sentence to most. It wasn't as if the loyal Tigersun hadn't had his own thoughts on the matter, but it hadn't been his place to pass a harsh eye on those who left the mountains.
What he hadn't expected was for Stormsong to come back, much as Palestorm had a few moons ago. That in itself was impressive and spoke volumes about Stormsong's character. They had chosen to return to a home that had little hope instead of seeking greener pasture, with no clue that MountainClan was on a steady path to recovery. Tigersun was more than excited to welcome the cat back and prove to him that they had done it, and it showed as his eyes twinkled with mirth and pride.
"Welcome home, Stormsong."

---

Stormsong is approved and does NOT need to be an apprentice due to having been a warrior within MountainClan prior! Welcome home!

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
I want to join!

Username: PeterPan_da144
Cat Cert: Gravelpaw
Why?: As a kit, Gravelpaw had traveled up to the mountains to visit his kin. It took all of his mother's spirit to wait until after the kits were grown enough to travel, but Gravelpaw had been so excited! Unfortunately, no matter how much he loved it there, his parents forced him to return to the forest. He was devastated. He just never really felt at home in the forest, and had idolized his aunt Palepaw - No, Palestorm - through all the stories his mother had told him of her.

So one day, when Gravelpaw had just had enough, he decided to make the trip back up the mountains. As soon as he got to the border, he didn't even wait, and instead pushed on through. He had made it halfway to the clan's home when someone spotted him, nearly raking his pelt off for trespassing. Thankfully, they recognized him, and avoided any serious injuries.

He was presented to Tigersun, vibrating with excitement. "Tigersun!" he mewed in delight, paws kneading the ground beneath him as he tried to stay glued to his spot. "I never felt at home in the forest, and longed to come back ever since mom and dad brought me to visit." Tigersun hadn't even gotten a chance to ask him why he was here. His paws continued to work against the ground nervously.

@Nym
Gravekit--no, Gravel.... something else-- stood before him and Tigersun couldn't help but find amusement that he had predicted this very thing. There was a look a cat had when they felt like they had found home, and Gravelkit had worn it the moment they met Palestorm during their visit. Still, they were from another clan. A clan branched from MountainClan's people and lands, but not MountainClan all the same, despite Tigersun's thoughts on the matter.
Who did Gravel feel true loyalty to? If something were to happen--which he prayed wouldn't--, who would Gravel side with? They were never anything but a StoneClan cat, and their family still resided within those lands... could they truly become a MountainClan cat in the end?
"While I respect the intent, I do have a question; if it came between StoneClan and MountainClan, who would you place your heart with? Could you put forth MountainClan before all else, even if it meant turning your back on those you left behind? In a perfect world, such a question would not be asked, but it is necessary in this one"
It was a hard question, and one he gave Gravel time to consider before answering.

---

@PeterPan_da144 An additonal answer is needed!

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
I want to join!

Username: belloblossom
Cat Cert: Dream
Why?: Dream believes that he's been led to MountainClan for a reason. What that reason is yet, he cannot be certain, but he is able-bodied. He can hunt well and in the coming cold seasons, is hoping that he will be seen more as an asset to MountainClan, rather than another mouth to feed.
The cat before him had a dream (heh) and belief they belonged within MountainClan, and Tigersun found himself staring down the strangely colored cat with narrowed eyes. The more loners they let in, the more mouths they had to feed, but it had worked for them so far. Those eager paws had brought food steadily to their feet, rewarding the normally closed MountainClan for their welcoming arms. The cold had begun to sweep upon them and they'd need all the paws they could get, especially well-rounded hunters such as the cat before him.
"Welcome home, let us begin your tour."

- - -

Dream has been accepted! They will start as an apprentice and train under a cat before receiving their warrior title, so please find yourself a mentor and recert Dream with the MountainClan tag! Their name does not need to adapt, although the clan views it favorably.

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
I want to join!

Cat Cert: Stormborn
Why?: Stormborn accompanied her mate, Stormsong, to MountainClan to find his sister and reunite with his Clan. She is level-headed and knows how to provide for herself, but wants to extend her aid to MountainClan, provided that Stormsong is also allowed re-entry.
So many new cats! Had SunClan blessed them for their trials? It was easy enough to nod towards Stormborn and dip his head only moments after accepting her mate.
"And welcome to MountainClan; I trust your mate still remembers their home grounds well and can ease your introduction."

- - -

Dream has been accepted! They will start as an apprentice and train under a cat before receiving their warrior title, so please find yourself a mentor and recert Dream with the MountainClan tag!

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
I want to join!

Cat Cert: Purrfect
Why?: Don't worry, she'll change her name if she's allowed to join the Clan. She met Palepaw (now Palestorm) on her return journey to MountainClan. She intends to join the clan to be further in Pale's company, but is intrigued by Clan culture as it is. She's determined to be useful, despite her privileged background. @Nym
He had to tighten his jaw to stop the reaction to her name. Purrfect-- one of the most obvious signs of two-leg influence. Palestorm had mentioned the cat briefly, giving a good word that weighed more coming from someone like her, who always had the clan's interest at heart.
Still, he found himself once again struggling to immediately welcome a kittypet. Clan life was harsh, and if their two-legs came looking for her then, well, where would that leave them? And yet, Palestorm had spoken in their favor, noting that Purrfect had helped her return to MountainClan during their travels.
Ugh.
"It will be a difficult task to adjust from a kittypet life into a clan cat one," he warned, struggling to keep his tone indifferent. No, anyone could see he was concerned, and perhaps that was something Purrfect needed to see. "Will you push yourself to meet our expectations and work diligently to learn our ways, regardless of the trials you might face?"

- - -

@belloblossom An additional answer is needed!

PeterPan_da144

Stew Aficionado
D
Supporter
Gravekit--no, Gravel.... something else-- stood before him and Tigersun couldn't help but find amusement that he had predicted this very thing. There was a look a cat had when they felt like they had found home, and Gravelkit had worn it the moment they met Palestorm during their visit. Still, they were from another clan. A clan branched from MountainClan's people and lands, but not MountainClan all the same, despite Tigersun's thoughts on the matter.
Who did Gravel feel true loyalty to? If something were to happen--which he prayed wouldn't--, who would Gravel side with? They were never anything but a StoneClan cat, and their family still resided within those lands... could they truly become a MountainClan cat in the end?
"While I respect the intent, I do have a question; if it came between StoneClan and MountainClan, who would you place your heart with? Could you put forth MountainClan before all else, even if it meant turning your back on those you left behind? In a perfect world, such a question would not be asked, but it is necessary in this one"
It was a hard question, and one he gave Gravel time to consider before answering.

---

@PeterPan_da144 An additonal answer is needed!

Gravelpaw's whiskers quivered as Tigersun thought, before speaking. The question caught the young tom off guard. He hadn't really put much thought into leaving his family forever... Especially after how he... Just kind of ran away. But his mother had always warned him of such. He couldn't just travel back and forth between the two clans and expect to always be welcome. It was a long and arduous journey down the mountains, and equally as dangerous back up.

However, the thought of remaining in the mountains forever was not daunting or scary. It was what he had wished for all his life.

Slowly, his head raised back up to meet Tigersun's, his gaze steady and certain. 'MountainClan is where I belong. So it is where my heart and paws shall rest. MountainClan is whom I shall fight and hunt for every day until I meet SunClan." His voice was full of determination, body steady as the mountain that lay beneath his paws.

Reactions: Nym

I--LiveWire--I

Veteran
D
I want to join!

Username: I--LiveWire--I
Cat Cert:

Why?: Bright Fur has had a rough life, though it would be hard to tell through her vibrant positive personality. Having been driven out of any place she had ever called a home by two leg invasion or harassment by other groups of cats, she has found herself withing and in areas surrounding clan territories. Having encounters she learned of clans and they sounded amazing. A place to call home and earn her place and not have to fear being driven off because there would finally be someone to share the bright things in life.

She is an excellent hunter and it is her nature to help others, even at her own detriment, so having others to also keep an eye out for her well being is something she is missing.
While not trained or particularly skilled in medicine, she knows much about plants from her travels and experiences. and has a desire to learn the actual skills and eventually become a medicine cat.

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
Gravelpaw's whiskers quivered as Tigersun thought, before speaking. The question caught the young tom off guard. He hadn't really put much thought into leaving his family forever... Especially after how he... Just kind of ran away. But his mother had always warned him of such. He couldn't just travel back and forth between the two clans and expect to always be welcome. It was a long and arduous journey down the mountains, and equally as dangerous back up.

However, the thought of remaining in the mountains forever was not daunting or scary. It was what he had wished for all his life.

Slowly, his head raised back up to meet Tigersun's, his gaze steady and certain. 'MountainClan is where I belong. So it is where my heart and paws shall rest. MountainClan is whom I shall fight and hunt for every day until I meet SunClan." His voice was full of determination, body steady as the mountain that lay beneath his paws.
The answer seemed to appease the leader as he nodded his head and smiled down at the apprentice.
"Then welcome home."

- - -

Gravelpaw has been accepted! Please find them a mentor and recert them onto the MountainClan backer!

Nym

actual trash
D
Staff member
Mod
I want to join!

Username: I--LiveWire--I
Cat Cert:

Why?: Bright Fur has had a rough life, though it would be hard to tell through her vibrant positive personality. Having been driven out of any place she had ever called a home by two leg invasion or harassment by other groups of cats, she has found herself withing and in areas surrounding clan territories. Having encounters she learned of clans and they sounded amazing. A place to call home and earn her place and not have to fear being driven off because there would finally be someone to share the bright things in life.

She is an excellent hunter and it is her nature to help others, even at her own detriment, so having others to also keep an eye out for her well being is something she is missing.
While not trained or particularly skilled in medicine, she knows much about plants from her travels and experiences. and has a desire to learn the actual skills and eventually become a medicine cat.
Bright Fur has been accepted! They will start as an apprentice and train under a cat before receiving their warrior title, so please find yourself a mentor and recert Bright Fur with the MountainClan tag! While her name doesn't fit typical clan naming (it'd be Brightfur normally!), MountainClan doesn't require her to change her name upon joining. If you do want to go about doing that you can skip the renaming ceremony, as it'd just be squeezing the words together.)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
It's time for my naming ceremony!

Previous Name: Stormborn
Cat Cert: Stormborn
Position: Apprentice becoming a Warrior

Mentor?: Yes, Songcall
Name Change Reason: While Stormborn is choosing to keep her name, she still had to go through an apprenticeship before she could be recognized as a Warrior of MountainClan.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
He had to tighten his jaw to stop the reaction to her name. Purrfect-- one of the most obvious signs of two-leg influence. Palestorm had mentioned the cat briefly, giving a good word that weighed more coming from someone like her, who always had the clan's interest at heart.
Still, he found himself once again struggling to immediately welcome a kittypet. Clan life was harsh, and if their two-legs came looking for her then, well, where would that leave them? And yet, Palestorm had spoken in their favor, noting that Purrfect had helped her return to MountainClan during their travels.
Ugh.
"It will be a difficult task to adjust from a kittypet life into a clan cat one," he warned, struggling to keep his tone indifferent. No, anyone could see he was concerned, and perhaps that was something Purrfect needed to see. "Will you push yourself to meet our expectations and work diligently to learn our ways, regardless of the trials you might face?"

- - -

@belloblossom An additional answer is needed!
Purrfect stared at the tomcat - he certainly came across as a serious fellow. The fact that he was so certain that she'd have a tricky time adjusting, as though her journey with Palestorm hadn't made her realize the difficulties of surviving outside of the Twolegplace... She was offended.

But she was trying to get this tomcat, the apparent leader of MountainClan, to {i]like[/i] her. Or at least accept her enough that he'd let her stay. So, trying to reign in her flaring temper, she replied.

"Well yes, of course. I've faced trials, as you put them, of my own without aid, but through persistence I've gotten through to the other side just fine, thank you." She forced her tail to lay still, rather than flicking it in irritation. "At any rate, my answer is yes. I'm happy to prove to you just how capable I am. I will learn your ways and I will succeed in this Clan. I have no intention to do otherwise." So long as Palestorm was in MountainClan, and happy there, Purrfect thought to herself. @Nym

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
It's time for my naming ceremony!

Previous Name: Dream/Dreampaw
Cat Cert: Dreamwalker
Position: Apprentice to Warrior

Mentor?: Yes, Silverstreak
Name Change Reason: Changing Dreampaw's name to Dreamwalker, and his rank from loner/apprentice to Warrior of MountainClan.