Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Warriors: Cats of the Sun

[PATROL-FIN] Troublesome Twins (Lynxstride x Harebound)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d10 4 4
TreeClan, Opponent: Raccoon
1. Battle
2. Oops! Encounter (while out on patrol, an abrupt cloudburst rolled in, causing the branches to become too slippery and difficult to traverse safely. Your patrol has to return to camp on the ground, which takes longer. The patrol will need to wait out the rain before they can try going out again.)
3. Hunting Training (apprentices roll 1d20 to determine if they are able to catch the prey or not, any numbers 13+ indicate a successful catch!)
4. Battle
5. Battle
6. Battle
7. Stealth Training (all apprentices roll 1d10, if they land on an odd number, they're able to sneak up on their mentors successfully. If they land on an even number, they make too much noise and alert anything nearby to the patrol's location.)
8. Battle
9. Loner
10. Scent Identification (all apprentices roll 1d10, if they land on an even number, they're able to correctly identify the scent as (insert prey type here, ex: a finch). If they roll an odd number, they cannot identify any specific prey nearby.)

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Lynxstride
HP: 10
# to Hit: 10+
Damage Per Hit: 5

Harebound
Damage Per Hit: 5

Raccoon
HP: 40
Damage Per Hit: 3

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 10 10

(Lynxstride lands a hit on the raccoon for 5 damage!)

When Lynxstride asked Harebound to go on a hunting patrol, he'd wanted to tell her about his new mate, Nightfur. Nightfur had been apart of MountainClan, like their parents had been, once. She was an older she-cat, but Lynxstride had found peace in a feline who knew who she was, and what she liked. Better yet, he had found, that Lynxstride himself, was something that Nightfur liked. He had tried to get Owlsbane, his other sister, to come along on the patrol, but Owlsbane always seemed to be attached at the tail to her own mate and he felt awkward for intruding. The two owls of the clan, as he often thought of them, had been close since they were apprentices and Lynxstride had turned to his twin, Harebound, for most of his sibling attention as a result. There wasn't any bad blood between him or Owlsbane, but he couldn't say that they were nearly as close as he was with his twin.

He hoped he wasn't that overbearing with Nightfur. He gave the beautiful, dark she-cat her space and vice versa. He liked to spend time with her, of course, but he liked to spend time with his family and friends, away from her, as well. Sometimes, he wondered if that was because of his independent streak or because of the age difference. Maybe it was some portion of both.

Strolling along the tree branches, Lynxstride looked to Harebound, only to miscalculate his step and stumble down to the next available tree branch. Only... it was a much softer landing than he was anticipating - had he landed on another cat? No....

"Raccoon!" He yowled in warning, his claws sinking into the beast's back as he tried to somehow, keep his balance. "Harebound, help!" @AlicornPlayhouse

Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 11 11

(Harebound hit the raccoon for 5 points!)

Harebound was always fond of her twin Lynxstride, even though she was otherwise disconnected with her real surroundings. Harebound was an unstoppable force, moving with the world and learning and wishing for change always and always and always.. and then t here was Lynxstride, a singular constant, a grounding reality from her dreams of adventure. Of course, she adored her other family, but hearing words of reason from a cat with your face really helped.

Today, though, she sensed unease. Something was new about this patrol, and her usual pace of racing ahead only to wait for the other to catch up was nowhere to be found. She walked paw in paw, her gaze rather focused between switching from her pawsteps back to her brother. Usually her sights were drawn towards the beyond.. but something told her this cat a bit away was far more important today than the expanses of the beyond.

As luck would have it, she finally turned her attention to her paws when a small crack caused her ear to twitch. Only for this very minor sound to be followed by her brother yowling, causing her to completely turn around on her own branch. How Harebound kept her balance she could only attribute to the pure adrenaline when her littermate yelled for her. "Lynxstride!" She yelled back, hopping to the nearest branch as she looked desperately for the missing cat. It didn't take long for her to spot him, leaping down the branches and flinging herself claw first at the raccoon. "MOVE!" She hissed, though stars know she wasn't giving her brother much time to move in her flurry of claws and fluff.

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 13 13
(The raccoon hits Lynxstride for 3 damage!)

Raccoon
HP: 30

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 17 17

(Lynxstride hits the raccoon for 5 damage!)
HP: 7

Lynxstride did move! He moved by clawing his way across the back and over the head of the raccoon, who bit hard into one of his hind legs as he grappled with the tree branch and towards the trunk, away from the fight. He cried out in pain and his leg dragged behind him, but he turned, perching on three working limbs and then, with careful balance, raised the opposite front paw to slash at the raccoon again.

"Thanks, Harebound! I always knew you were as lucky as our parents said!" @AlicornPlayhouse

Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 16 16

"Of course I am!" The she snarled back without taking her eyes off the raccoon, carefully balanced on the branches beside it. "Doesn't look like you are though!" Somehow she still managed to find amusement in the scenario as Harebound swiped a clawed jab towards the raccoons eye, her fur bristling up in a threatening attempt. It probably would have looked threatening, if it weren't for the way the tip of her tail poofed way more than the rest and she just looked like a rather fluffy lion. @belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
The enemy is weak. Choose now, do your cats commit to the kill or chase it off?

If you choose to continue fighting, you are consenting to have your participating cat entered into a death raffle should their hp hit 0. If you survive the fight and kill your opponent, you have earned a free battle scar edit to add to your cat!

If you choose to chase off your opponent instead, all cats will live and the battle ends here. There are no rewards for this except for the safety of your cats.

If the vote is not unanimous, the enemy will be chased away by default.
Please vote now by simply replying to this post with your decision. Afterwards, the roleplay can continue.​
@AlicornPlayhouse @belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D

If you choose to continue fighting, you are consenting to have your participating cat entered into a death raffle should their hp hit 0. If you survive the fight and kill your opponent, you have earned a free battle scar edit to add to your cat!

If you choose to chase off your opponent instead, all cats will live and the battle ends here. There are no rewards for this except for the safety of your cats.

Please vote now by simply replying to this post with your decision. Afterwards, the roleplay can continue.​
I consent to continue the fight, at the risk of my cat's life.

I consent to continue the fight, at the risk of my cat's life.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 9 9
(The raccoon misses its attack on Harebound!)

Raccoon
HP: 20

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 20 20

(Lynxstride hits the raccoon for 5 damage!)
HP: 7

Lynxstride, the pain in his hind leg a throbbing, constant pain, but he found himself smiling through gritted teeth at his sister.
"No luck, huh?" He echoed. "Maybe, but that just means I earn my feats through strength of my own, no luck needed!" He mewed, before standing proudly and lunching forward to slash at the raccoon's chest and fore paws. @AlicornPlayhouse

Last edited:
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 10 10

Harebound scoffed as she hopped quickly back from their opponent to narrowly avoid a swipe, her tail lashing to the side. "Didn't I just come running to save you from this?!" She grumbled, as if more annoyed by her brother than the fight ahead of them. "If falling on a raccoon is what you call a good feat, I have bad news." With that, she swerved back in and dragged her claws along the animals side.

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 16 16
(The raccoon hits Stagleap for 3 damage!)

Raccoon

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 12 12
(Stagleap hits the raccoon for 5 damage!)

“Well yeah, sure-“ Stagleap was beginning to say to his twin, clearly readying a witty reply, when interrupted by the raccoon who charged its way forward and shoved him near off the tree branch. Claws flailing, he was certain that his claws connected with some portion of the beast’s fur, for he both felt and heard it scream. From there, his front paws caught the branch and he hung there, his back paws dangling, as he tried to decide whether it was a better deal to haul himself back up and face the raccoon, or try to hop down to the ground from there.

“Wait a minute…” He meowed and then shouted towards his sister. “Harebound, shove it off the tree! I bet it won’t make the fall if you toss it off.” Assuming that was, that the raccoon would not catch its claws on a branch, like Lynxstride had. @AlicornPlayhouse

HP: 4

Dice Rolled:
🎲d20 20 20

"Lynxstride!" Harebound hissed, her somewhat amused expression turning to pure horror at the sight of her brother suddenly dangling from a branch. She didn't need much convincing of Lynxstrides request, snarling and shoving herself towards the raccoon, claws outstretched and all her force shoved into the blow. "Fuzz brained little beast!" She growled angrily, thankful now for all the moons of training she had earned to keep her balance amongst these tricky branches while shoving the predator falling through them. Perhaps she should giver her littermate a few extra lessons..

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
(The raccoon has been defeated!)

Lynxstride was thrilled to see that his sister followed through on his advice and succeeded in shoving the horrible raccoon off the branch - more to his amazement that she remained on the branch. Heaving himself up onto the branch, he turned to his twin.

"You're amazing." He breathed. "I'm pretty cool, but you're even cooler." He offered Harebound a grin. "Luck included or not." He added. "With my leg, it might be slow-goings getting home, but luckily, that'll give me all the time in the day to tell you about how I snagged a dark beauty as my mate recently. I bet you can't guess who it is." He mewed and started to shuffle across the branch towards the trunk. "It's Nightfur. Bet you wouldn't have guessed." He continued as he started his slow, stumbling walk home, twin in tow.