Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Group events

Everchange

[PRP] Surprise Return! (Glistening Stars x Starlit Fuse)

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
It had been roughly 2 and half months since that fateful evening in Starlit Fuse's home that they had left her with such harsh words that overstepped certain boundaries. Every day of their travels they had regretted those words they had said to her, perhaps they were just signs of hidden angst they had or perhaps it was just the way they felt, one would never know.

Within the 2 and half months they had travelled to all the corners, towns and cities of Everchange; and during those months he had picked up a couple things for themselves, customized saddle bags that had the design on their back and a special customized necklace and a note attatched to the present for one particular mare. They had build friendships over the course of their travels and even approached by ponies of places they visited in hopes to have a relationship with them but they had refused the attentions, perhaps they just felt that they needed to make amends with Starlit Fuse. They had ventured to every corner in the world of Everchange but they were just not as interesting; in the midst of their travels their mind always came back to one particular town and that town was where they were at now it was Bone Town.

They trotted through the streets of Bone Town looking around at its surroundings it had not changed since they were last here. As they trotted around they were asking the townsfolk about where Starlit Fuse's law firm was and they were all helpful and gave him the directions to go. As they walked the streets, they could sense stares and gazes of longing as they strode through probably townsfolks hoping to start a relationship with them but they ignored them and walked down the street until they came to the building that supposedly where Starlit Fuse worked. They stood outside the closed door and shrugged their saddle bags up a bit more and took a breath, the question that lingered in their mind was was she going to give them another chance? or Does she even want to see me? all these questions lurked in their mind as they stood outside.

@belloblossom

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit Fuse, well-regarded lawyer and a member of the Bone Town community. She fought on behalf of helping others find their own justices, but typically stayed in town. She'd stopped traveling years ago and recently, began to avoid taking jobs that would take her outside of her home town. After an incident two months ago, she'd become more obstinate in putting down her roots where she'd started growing them already. However... In the two months time, she had started putting more effort into developing small relationships with her co-workers. She'd go to office parties and she got to know a few friendly faces. Opening up had felt scary and uncertain, but she trusted the ponies in her firm and it seemed that they'd wanted to get to know her better, too.

All because of a little nagging voice, a memory taunting her from the corners of her mind. Telling her in a smooth, silvery voice that she'd regret it if she didn't open herself up, then she'd never find someone to make her happy. Initially, Starlit had refused to think about it - letting herself believe it was just the preaching of an arrogant pony with a "holier than thou" personality. She didn't need to change herself to find someone that would make her happy! If somepony didn't like her for how she was, then that was their problem, not hers! Surely there would be someone who appreciated her polite demeanor and respect for personal boundaries... Hmph!

But as the weeks had passed, Starlit began to see a second message in the one that the stranger had passed on to her. Maybe... Maybe the pony that was meant to make Starlit happy... was Starlit herself. How was Starlit going to make herself happy, if she wasn't willing to put herself out there? She was so used to getting further in her career, but she'd never considered pursuing her own happiness in life, as though it were a job to gain. It had been reaching that conclusion, spurred into thought and reflection by Glistening Stars' remark, that got Starlit Fuse to open up to her co-workers. She built relationships steadily over the following months and much to her surprise and relief, she was feeling happier for it.

Starlit Fuse never thought that she'd see Glistening Stars again. They were a nomadic pony - it had been this which had triggered their initial argument. Starlit had plenty of time to reflect on why it had frightened her so much - the idea that if she opened up to Glistening, that they'd move on to another town and leave her... or that they'd ask her to leave her career behind to go traveling with them. Or that they'd start a long distance relationship, where she would have to wait until they returned. Such arrangements would have never worked for Starlit Fuse. She wanted a partner who could be present with her. Someone she could come home to and they could discuss their jobs over a cup of tea, before curling up in front of the fireplace... Nothing that would require moving out of her carefully constructed lifestyle.

Two months later, however, she still found herself thinking about the antlered pegasus. She thought of them as she wrapped her scarf tightly around her neck and shoulders so that it wouldn't come loose and fly off without her. She thought about them as she made jasmine tea and let honey drizzle into her cup. She thought about them as she waved a farewell to her coworkers and started to move downstairs to exit her firm's building. She barely registered the gossip of the secretary and office assistant chattering as she passed them in the hall. Something about a beautiful starry pony standing in front of the door outside. She thought nothing of it as she opened that same front door and walked outside.

Only to come face to face with the very pony who'd been on her mind for the last two months. She stopped abruptly, her auburn eyes becoming wide and round.
"Glistening..." She gaped. They looked exactly the same - beautiful, practically glowing, but... she saw the uncertainty in their eyes. She shifted her weight, stepping to the side, so that she wasn't blocking the door behind her. "Are you here to see..." No, they couldn't possibly be there to see her could they? After they'd parted on such bad terms earlier... Why would they have returned? Her mind was struggling to come up with a plausible reason to why they'd suddenly manifested in front of her work place. Was her mind playing tricks on her? They weren't just a figment of her imagination - she'd heard the ponies inside discussing them. "If you're looking for help from the firm, it's just inside and upstairs." She concluded. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars blinked as the said mare walked out of front door, they took a couple steps back so they weren't blocking the way. He shook their head "I actually don't need help from the firm I just..um...came to see you and give you this as an apology" they said before shrugging off their saddle bags and opening it and pulling out a neatly wrapped box with a small card attatched to the front of the wrapped gift. They held it out to her "I also wanted to say sorry..if I crossed the line on the evening in your home, it was rude of me to say such things to you" they said. They really wanted to make amends with her so they could both be okay with being around each other. They were still uncertain about whether or not Starlit wanted to see them, but if not they were okay with it as long as she forgave them that was all that mannered to them.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit Fuse blinked when Glistening Stars informed her that they weren't looking for help from the firm, but that they had, in fact, come to see her.
"To see me?" She echoed, sounding a little bewildered. "Why? I thought I'd be the last pony you'd ever want to visit again, after..." She trailed off as Glistening then retrieved something from their saddle bags. It was a neatly wrapped box with a card attached to it. Starlit took it on reflex, but then stared down at it in confused fascination. What in the Dreamer's name was going on?

"This is all so unexpected." She said quietly. Her head spun, before she glanced down the street. Half a block down, across the street, was a cozy cafe that she frequented. She looked back to Glistening Stars. "Perhaps we might be more comfortable sitting down, rather than standing here and blocking traffic, heh. Assuming you're alright with this being more than a delivery... Would you care to grab dinner with me?" She gestured down the street to the cafe. "I've got some things I'd like to tell you, too." @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars ducked under his saddle bags and shrugged it back into place before shaking their head "That is not true; but also frankly as I was travelling around I felt really bad for talking to you that way. So I wanted to make amends so you know we wouldn't be awkward" they said. They nodded their head "that sounds..like a good idea to me" they said as she gestured to the cafe down the road.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit Fuse smiled at that, inclining her head to one side.
"Honestly, I think you're the only one who would've worried about that between the two of us... or anyone else in a similar situation. Isn't it natural to avoid someone you've fought with, especially when you don't know them well?" She asked, but she started towards the cafe and beckoned with her hoof for Glistening Stars to follow. "And yet you chose to return... and bearing a gift at that. Well, let me treat you to dinner and then we can put any awkwardness, imagined or otherwise, behind us." It was an easy offer, easier now that she learned how to be friends with other ponies.

When they reached the cafe, she pushed open the door and moved to one of the tables, knowing the place well enough to know it was a "seat yourself" establishment. A passing member of the waitstaff came by with menus and water glasses before shuffling off. Placing the box and card carefully to one side, Starlit picked up the menu and glanced it over, before laying it flat on the table again.

"Glistening... I realize we parted on bad terms. Honestly, I never expected you'd come around again, especially not to see me. I was...hm, I wasn't very nice to you, either, when you left my home. I apologize for my attitude for that evening, sincerely. It was no proper way to conduct myself in front of a guest. If I had controlled my temper, maybe I would've gotten a fine friend out of the evening, instead of... Well." She glanced down, embarrassment creeping over her fur, feeling prickly. "But that said... I'm glad, in some part, to what you said to me when we parted. It inspired me to reach out to other ponies that were already apart of my life. Granted, I'm still trying to push forward with making intimate relationships, but... I have friends in my life and that's more than I had before I was confronted with your views. So, thank you, I suppose." She concluded.

Glancing at the box with the card, she glanced at Glistening Stars.
"Am I meant to open this now, or later? And... Are you staying in town very long this time around?" She inquired. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
"Perhaps..so but then I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't make amends with you" they told her before following her towards the cafe, feeling the looks of the townfolk but ignoring them. "I think that is a wonderful idea" they said, even if they didn't end up together after this at least they knew they were on good terms with each other and could talk without feeling awkward.

They followed her into the cafe looking around, it seemed like it was a cozy cafe and quaint all at the same time. They liked the feeling it gave off when they walked in warm and welcoming. They followed Starlit Fuse over to a table and sliding in across from her. They were intrigued and curious to try the foods that they had to offer but they wanted to talk first "To be honest...I was a little hesitant to see you because I wasn't sure if you even wanted to see me I mean after how rough it was when we parted ways that night" they said to her.

They nodded their head as they listened to her speak at least she was more confident and outgoing now which was good but they didn't want to make it worse especially when they came to make amends. "Ah..well it wasn't completey your fault..it was both of our faults. I probably crossed some boundaries that I probably should not have especially in your home." they said and smiled a little "I'm glad to hear that you are taking those steps slowly" they told her. They looked at her "Well, I've done all the exploring already so You would be happy to know that I will be sticking around for the entirety of my life. I mean all the places I visited were great but I think Bone Town was on my mind for the majority of my travels, just cause It felt warm and welcoming when I first got here and well..you were here" they told her looking down a bit "I know...my first impressions weren't great and I'am really sorry of what I said to you I should have held my tongue. Especially when you were kind enough to invite me into your home for tea" they explained.

They looked at the box "You are more then welcome to open it now if you would like to" they said "Or you can wait and open it later, its up to you. Its for you so whenever you want to open it you can." they finished.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit Fuse was more than a little surprised to hear that her argument with Glistening Stars had affected them so much that they would spend this time much time thinking about it... and used sentiments such as 'never being able to forgive themselves' had they not returned to make amends. It brought a smile to her face as she listened to them continue to speak. What a delightful and unexpected meeting this was turning out to be.

At the mention of them being a little hesitant to return, worrying after how she might received them, she inclined her head towards Glistening.
"You had a good instinct not to return so quickly. It did take me a while to cool off from our encounter, I'll admit. Had you tried to make amends as you are now any earlier, I may not have received you quite as well. That said, I am happy you returned and that we might speak as we are now." She informed them, hoping that her words were somewhat reassuring.

It was then that Glistening Stars set into their apology. Starlit Fuse straightened in her seat, folding her front hooves over one another and turning her expression into professional alertness as she listened. Her stoic expression faltered when Glistening then revealed that they were intending to stay in Bone Town forever, not just because of the welcoming and warm community there, but also because... because she lived there. She narrowed her eyes a touch.

"...Are you flirting with me, Glistening Stars?" She asked, a coy expression working its way across her face. She glanced down at the box they'd brought her and moved it in front of her. She began to open it carefully, before she went on to add. "You mentioned that you're going to be staying here indefinitely - have you already secured a place to stay? Whether it be temporarily while you look for something more permanent or...?" She let the question hang in the air to be answered, while she managed to undo the wrapping of the box and peer inside, her eyes growing wider as she gazed at what was inside. "Oh my..." @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Star gasped playfully "Me? flirting with you...quite possibly and quite possibly not. Who knows?" they grinned playfully at her. I unforunately have not secured a place to stay yet, I just got back and my priority was to make amends first before deciding to look for places to live more permananently. It was next on my list to do when I got back. Look for a permanennt residence" they told her. They watched her open the present it was a star pendant and when she turned it around the back it had her name on it and on the note it said: I'am sincerely sorry for crossing a line with you in our argument.

They glanced at her "It was something I decided to pick up while i was travelling around exploring the corners of the world,but since I have done all the travelling I need I decided it was time for me to you know find a place and settle down.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit was feeling more certain that Glistening had, in fact, been flirting with her, despite their vague reply. She offered them a coy smile, but her expression turned thoughtful when the pegasus revealed that they hadn't a place to stay yet.

"I can't imagine it will be difficult for you to find a place to stay here - there's always almost a home to be had here. Whether it's through a pony looking to rent out one of their rooms, or if you're looking to own a house of your own. Though of course I wouldn't be so nosy to ask about what manner of accommodations you're looking for." She remarked. She didn't want to discuss finances - such a matter was far too personal, to be sure. However, if Glistening truly didn't have a place to stay.... Her mind wandered to the guest room in her house. The thought didn't take route, however, as she was soon distracted by what lay in the box meant for her.

She smiled as she read the inscription. It may not have been any form of love note, as one might expect from an engraved necklace, but she still felt her heart warm. It would carry the memory of their resolution and the warmth that came from their second meeting, forever more.

"Oh Glistening, it's lovely." She told her companion with a smile, looking at the pony across from her. "Thank you. You're very generous to give me such a lovely gift. I only wish I had something to give you, in turn."

It was then that the waitstaff appeared and she turned her attention from Glistening Stars to the mare who had come to take their order. Putting the pendant to the side for a moment, Starlit Fuse ordered a glass of sweet iced tea, a grilled cheese sandwich and a cup of tomato soup - a hearty meal that would keep her fed for the rest of the evening. She then turned to Glistening, waiting for them to order too. She did notice how their waiter's eyes lingered on Glistening and she fought the impulse to narrow her eyes. Instead, she directed her attention to the pendant, until the waiter had left.

"Glistening... If you don't have a place to stay for the time being, you're welcome to come stay with me, however long you need to, before you can find more suitable accommodations. It'll spare you the expenses that may be brought with staying at an inn. Though I realize it may seem forward... I wouldn't want someone I consider a friend to be put out. Especially after you've given me such a fine gift. Perhaps, actually, your staying at my home for the time being, could be considered my gift to you?" She proposed.

Goodness, she almost sounded too in favor of Glistening staying with her. They'd only just arrived, for Dreamer's sake! What if she overwhelmed them? Clearing her throat, she added.
"
If that's something that would appeal to you, of course."
@StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening smiled at her "I'm glad you love it, I wasn't sure if you would like it or not so I just took a guess and bought it." they told her. They shook their head lightly "you need not worry about giving me something in return, your company is plenty" they said beaming at her. They glanced at the waiter as she came around take their order. They looked through the menu before looking at the waitress "I will have a glass of water and a grilled cheese sandwich please" they told the waitress and grinned a little as they caught the subtle hint of jealousy from Starlit as the waitress' gaze lingered on them.

They tilted their head to the side thoughtfully at Starlit's offer "I might take you up on the offer as long as I don't impose on you" they said. At same time they didn't want to pay for every day they stayed at the Inn at least if they lived with Starlit they would get the pleasure of seeing her everyday and at home. They weren't too against that to say the least. "I will help with groceries and chores" they informed her.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit nodded her agreement when Glistening mentioned how they were relieved that she loved it - she certainly it. She didn't doubt it would become something she wore often, based on the sentiment that it came with.

"Well, it was certainly a fine guess on your part and we can both agree that it worked out rather well." She said with a smile. She was a bit surprised to hear that Glistening ended up choosing a similar meal to the one she'd ordered - but she only politely remarked. "Good choice. They've got tons of great sandwiches here, but the grilled cheese is definitely a favorite of mine." She reported, nodding a bit to herself.

When the waitress left, she focused her attention back on her offer and after Glistening brought up how they were considering it, she smiled.

"I wouldn't have offered if I believed it would be inconvenient." She informed the horned pegasus. "I have a spare bedroom that you're welcome to, if you choose to take me up on my offer. We can discuss terms of living together after you've made your decision - though I'd certainly be expecting you to provide your own funds for your needs, in regards to food or clothing... Eh hem. Like I said, we can discuss this later." She flicked her ears, her cheeks becoming slightly pink. She hadn't had a house mate in some time. How did this usually go again?

"There's plenty of places that will be hiring around this time of year - have you considered taking on a job so that you might be able to support yourself?" She inquired, turning the conversation to something a little more usual. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars smiled "that is good to know" they said to her. To be honest they hadn't been here before and it was first time so they weren't sure what to order. They looked around the cafe "To be honest this my first time coming here so I wasn't entirely sure what to order" they told her honestly. They nodded their head "That makes sense" they replied. Well, at the moment I don't have a place in mind since I haven't had the time to scope out a more permanent place to living. The first thing I wanted to do when I arrived here was to go see you and apologize" they admitted to her.

They nodded their head "Of course, I will have my own funds to fulfill my needs. You letting me stay with you temporarily is already plenty enough" they admitted to her. They tilted their head thoughtfully to the side as they caught the subtle tinge of pink 'Well..I don't necessarily wear clothes to begin with" they told her. Though she was right about one thing they would need to find a job to support themselves, that was another thing on their to do list.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit Fuse smiled and nodded her understanding when Glistening Stars explained that they hadn't been to that particular establishment before. Given that they just came to town, it made sense.
"Well, I'm always happy to give any recommendations, whether it's at specific venues, or just the restaurants by themselves. Granted I usually stay home and prepare my own meals, but after growing up in town, I'm pretty familiar with the sort of food you can find in the area." She explained jovially.

She noticed how Glistening Stars avoided her question about taking on a job, but so long as they had enough funding to support themselves - and they were getting it in an honest manner, she wouldn't think too hard on the matter. She nodded again.
"Well, that certainly cuts out some expenses, then. I know a few ponies in my workplace who think highly of wearing fashionable items. I tend to keep my fashion tastes minimal - jewelry or other accessories are about as far as I really consider." She said.

"Well, at any rate, I'll do what I can to make you comfortable while you're a guest in my home... or a house mate, or..." She smiled a little, her eyelashes fluttering. Or something else, entirely, she refrained from saying aloud. "So, in them meantime, I don't feel like we actually properly got to know one another. Are there any questions I can answer that you might have, any interests about me? I'm curious to know about you, too. I know that you traveled for quite some time - how was that, moving so frequently?" @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars nodded their head lightly. "I will keep that in mind because I might just need someone to show me around the popular places in Bone Town. Perhaps..I can find a job somewhere" they said. They would need to find a job to help Starlit Fuse with the extra expenses that they were going to cost her and they would need to find a way to thank her for her hospitatlity once they had found a more permanent home to live in. It was certainly a lot to do on their "To Do List".

They were hoping they would find a job in Bone Town and they looked at her "Though I probably should look for a job to help you with any extra expenses I would add" they said admittedly. They tilted their head to the side " I don't actually wear any jewlery or accessories" he said thoughtfully. Before catching the subtle flutter of her eyelashes before speaking up "Lets see, what are your interests and what do you like to do in your downtime?" they asked her. Before circling back to the question about them travelling so much "It was hard some days because of weather. I mean it had its good and bad times but it helped me discover more about who I am and what I want to do with my life, that sort of thing" they told her.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit smiled when Glistening mentioned that they'd keep her offer in mind. She couldn't imagine why they wouldn't take her up on it, at least at some point in the future. Especially if they were going to be living together for the foreseeable future. She nodded when they mentioned getting a job.
"I'm sure you'll be able to find a job easily enough." She replied. There were plenty little businesses or larger companies in Bone Town. Surely one of them would be willing to take on Glistening Stars - in some capacity or another. If only she knew what Glistening was good at - then she may have been able to recommend some locations to apply for, but alas, it seemed that information was closely guarded. She wouldn't pry further, for the time being.

As the conversation shifted, Starlit considered the questions that Glistening had presented to her.
"Well, I'm a lawyer as far as my career goes, but I don't think that qualifies as a hobby per say. I do enjoy reading - especially if I'm cozy with a cup of tea, too. Mystery novels especially - have you ever read anything by Velma Doo? She's a local author right here in Bone Town and she writes fantastic mystery novels! I've been to a few of her book signings." She smiled fondly at the memory and then went on. "Beyond reading... Well, I enjoy walking through town from time to time... Like when we met, do you remember?" She smiled a little wider. "You'll be happy to know that I take better care of my scarves now - so they don't go flying off without me." She added with a soft giggle.

When Glistening began to talk of themselves, she became silent so that she could properly listen to them. Tilting her head to one side, she leaned her chin on one of her hooves.
"Oh do go on. Tell me all about who you are and what you want to do with your life. Not many ponies know that sort of thing, even at our age, so I'm intrigued to know more about you and your findings." She insisted. @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Star smiled warmly at her, so far this apology was going pretty good they were expecting it to go horribly wrong but they guessed they were wrong. In all their travels you would think one would know what they were good at but in this case, the winged reindeer pony did not. They probably knew stuff about themselves in a different capacity but one that would not be helpful in figuring out what job would suit them better. They figured maybe a restaurant as a waiter or some of that sort would be a good place to start. They shrugged their shoulders.

They nodded their head attentively listening as she answered their questions. They tilted their head to the side thoughtfully before answering "can't say I have read anything by Velma Doo, and her books sound intriguing" they answered politely. They nodded their head as they remembered how they first met, that was definitely a impression they wouldn't forget. They chuckled lightly "Well, I'm happy to hear that you won't lose your scarves now. Though in all honest if you didn't we wouldn't have met" they said smiling warmly at the fond memory.

"well, lets see... I've learned that I am a very social pony and start conversations with almost anypony. I also have learned that I enjoy taking walks in the outdoors getting some fresh air to clear my mind and get my thoughts into order. As for what I want to do with my life I wanna be able to help others and live my life to the fullest and enjoy every moment good or bad. My end goal in life is just to enjoy it and create memories." they told her.

@belloblossom

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit was happy to switch off between the two of them as far as conversation went. She hardly liked being the one who was talking all the time, constantly, so it was always a pleasant refresher when Glistening Stars would take over and answer her questions. She smiled at the pegasus as they went on about how they hadn't read any of Miss Doo's books and she was quick to offer. "Well, I have quite a number of her books. Since you'll be staying with me for the foreseeable future, I'm happy to loan you a book or two... So long as you don't dog ear the pages." She added.

As they went on to speak of themselves, she found herself listening closely.
"Well, I certainly admire your generous spirit when it comes to helping others. I, too, have made my career on helping other ponies." She considered what Glistening had said and then went on. "Though I suppose most jobs help other ponies in some manner. So I guess it just depends on what sort of help you want to do... and what you're qualified for, since for some careers, you need a certain education, like my own." She explained.

"At any rate, I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish whatever it is you set your mind to." She said with a small smile. Perhaps she would have continued, but their waiter was back, food in hoof. They lay the plates before both ponies and Starlit carefully moved the necklace to a secure place: around her neck. Her hooves worked to unclasp and then reclasp the necklace around her throat. After ensuring it would lay safely around her collarbone, she picked up her utensils and thanked the waiter before dipping her spoon into the tomato soup and gently blowing at the warm, red broth.

After she'd gotten a third of the way through her bowl, she patted a napkin over her lips and looked across the table at Glistening Stars.

"What do you think? Does my recommendation prove a good one?" @StarshineAngel

StarshineAngel

Grizzled Veteran
D
Glistening Stars smiled at her ”that would be wonderful and I promise not to dog ear any of the pages. I will treat it like a delicate flower” they told her before picking up their sandwich and taking a bite out of it. Starlit was right it was a tasty sandwich. They chewed a bit and swallowed before speaking up ” your recommendation is quite accurate it is a tasty sandwich” they told her.

”ah, well thank you for that I appreciate the compliment.” they told her. To be honest they weren’t exactly sure what they qualified for that was another thing that needed to be discovered. It’s turned during their traveling they learned much more about their personality as well as their likes and dislikes but there were still aspects of their overall qualifications to hat needed to be discovered, so it seems there was still a slight learning curve to who they were as a pony.

They nodded their head agreeing with her ”hopefully with a lifetime partner beside me” they said their gaze softening to a look that a lover would give their partner as they looked at Starlit. A soft smile appeared as Starlit put the necklace on.

@belloblossom

Last edited:

belloblossom

Stew Aficionado
D
Starlit smiled at the phrasing of Glistening's remarks.
"You're so eloquent, you might have the ability to be a writer yourself. Or a poet, maybe, if you ever put your mind to it." She mused aloud while the pegasus started in one their sandwich. Her eyes glimmered when they agreed with her recommendation. "I'm so relieved that you think so." She told him. "Lest my title as a local food connoisseur be compromised." She said with a giggle, clearly teasing.

She inclined her head in Glistening's direction when they accepted her compliment and nodded when they mentioned their own agreement of her statement. Most importantly, their intentions of setting up a good life with a lifemate alongside them. Her ears twitched at that and she lowered her eyes to her tomato soup.

"Yes, I imagine there are a great deal many ponies who wish to find their true love one day. I am among them, too, of course. It's one of the great quests that a pony will traverse down." She thought she'd found a true love once before, but... no. It hadn't been the one. "What manner of life partner are you looking for?" She asked, her face flushing red as they gazed at her so intently. "Do you have... any sort of, um, type of personality you're looking for in particular, or...Dreamer, it's getting a bit warm in here." She said and moved to take a sip of her sweet tea, feeling more and more flustered as Glistening fixed her with that look. @StarshineAngel